|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Story of a Business Partnership.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doubt does Zeno say may have bound him to his vice?
(a) Doubt about pursuing science in school.
(b) Doubt about becoming a strong, perfect man.
(c) Doubt about working.
(d) Doubt about studying law.
2. How does Zeno describe the flavor of a last cigarette?
(b) More poignant than others.
(c) Like freedom.
3. What does Zeno say that he did after making a resolution to stop smoking?
(a) Threw his cigarettes away.
(b) Smoked one last cigarette.
(c) Celebrated with a glass of wine.
(d) Hid his cigarettes.
4. What did the doctor say when Zeno asked him whether there was any hope?
(a) "None whatever!"
(b) "There is reason to hope."
(c) "There is always hope!"
(d) "There's a 50-percent chance of recovery."
5. Who was Tullio?
(a) A crippled man.
(b) Ada's brother.
(c) Ada's love interest.
(d) Zeno' s best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zeno react towards his daughter when she screamed too much?
2. How does Zeno describe his grief when his mother died?
3. Which sister loved Zeno?
4. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
5. ______________was sent to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)