|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Story of a Business Partnership.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day of his wedding, who arrived and stimulated Zeno to leave and go to the ceremony?
(b) His future mother-in-law.
(d) Aunt Rosina.
2. Why didn't Copler learn of the relationship between Carla and Zeno?
(a) Carla moved and didn't give hime her address.
(b) He ended his friendship with Zeno and stopped helping Carla.
(c) He died.
(d) He moved away.
3. What was the state of Carla's virtue before Zeno's affair with her?
(a) She'd been intimate with many men.
(b) She'd had one previous lover.
(c) She was a virgin.
(d) She'd been uninterested in the opposite sex.
4. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
(a) He wants to please his father and his wife.
(b) He wants his son to find him balanced, and he's worried about Olivi leaving.
(c) He wants to please his mother.
(d) He grows tired of the electrical treatments.
5. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
(a) To analyze his weakness for smoking.
(b) To analyze his love for wine.
(c) To become a published writer.
(d) To confess about bad habits.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
2. What was Zeno's nickname for his father when he was in college?
3. Who asked Zeno to join him in business?
4. What phrase does Zeno use to describe Dr. Muli?
5. Who caught Tacich's eye as a love interest?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)