|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Story of a Business Partnership.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeno describe his past troubles with women?
(a) He desired all of them.
(b) He didn't like them.
(c) He was shy around them.
(d) They didn't like him.
2. As time goes on, Zeno found new ways to justify his relationship with Carla. What was one of them?
(a) Augusta wasn't passionate enough.
(b) Carla restored him to good health.
(c) Augusta was unkind to him.
(d) It made him more loving to Augusta.
3. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
(a) He was attracted to the person who was left to guard him.
(b) He didn't get his last cigarette.
(c) He had nicotine withdrawal.
(d) He suspected that he wife was having an affair with Dr. Muli.
4. Where did Copler get the money to provide for Carla's support?
(a) From his own bank account.
(b) From his financial advisor.
(c) From his father.
(d) From his friends and other sympathetic people.
5. What did the doctor say when Zeno asked him whether there was any hope?
(a) "There's a 50-percent chance of recovery."
(b) "None whatever!"
(c) "There is always hope!"
(d) "There is reason to hope."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
2. How did Augusta feel about the fifth addition to the office?
3. How does Zeno say Guido felt about women?
4. What two fears does Zeno discuss in Chapter 4?
5. What does Zeno say about the noble attitude one has when he makes a resolution to quit smoking?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)