|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Story of a Business Partnership.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeno say about the noble attitude one has when he makes a resolution to quit smoking?
(a) It ensures that the resolution will work.
(b) It helps a person to feel better about himself.
(c) It makes quitting easier.
(d) A person can only keep the noble attitude by renewing his resolutions.
2. On the day of his wedding, who arrived and stimulated Zeno to leave and go to the ceremony?
(a) His future mother-in-law.
(d) Aunt Rosina.
3. How does Zeno identify Giovanni Malfenti?
(a) As his future wife's guardian.
(b) As his future wife's brother.
(c) As his future wife's uncle.
(d) As his future father-in-law.
4. Why does Zeno say he visited a doctor who used electricity to cure diseases?
(a) He thought electricity could cure his insomnia.
(b) He wanted a cure for his troubles with women.
(c) He hoped the doctor would discover that the nicotine was poisoning his blood.
(d) He hoped the doctor would treat his lack of stomach acids.
5. How many commandments did Giovanni write in Zeno's notebook?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zeno react towards his daughter when she screamed too much?
2. What effect did Zeno think his marriage had on him at first?
3. Which sister loved Zeno?
4. How did Guido die?
5. Who is the main character of this book?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)