|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, My Father's Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Zeno when his father died?
(a) At school.
(b) With his father.
(c) With a friend.
(d) With his mother.
2. How does Zeno describe the flavor of a last cigarette?
(a) Like freedom.
(d) More poignant than others.
3. What doubt does Zeno say may have bound him to his vice?
(a) Doubt about working.
(b) Doubt about studying law.
(c) Doubt about becoming a strong, perfect man.
(d) Doubt about pursuing science in school.
4. How does Zeno describe his grief when his mother died?
(a) Overwhelmingly painful.
(b) Emotionally crippling.
(c) A token to a new and intense life.
(d) Like being a frightened boy all over again.
5. How does Zeno describe his relationship with his father?
(a) They shared the same taste in cigars.
(b) They were very close.
(c) They couldn't stand each other.
(d) They had little in common.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cigarettes did Zeno take to the sanatorium?
2. What did Zeno's father do right before he died?
3. How does Zeno describe his father's death?
4. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
5. Who discovered that Zeno's father was having health distress?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)