|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, My Father's Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Dr. Muli?
(a) A doctor who treated people for love addiction.
(b) The doctor who treated Zeno's chronic sore throat.
(c) The doctor with the electrical shock device.
(d) A doctor who opened a sanatorium in Trieste.
2. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
(a) They talked and shared a bottle of wine.
(b) They argued most of the time.
(c) They ignored each other.
(d) They had a physical fight.
3. What does Zeno say about the noble attitude one has when he makes a resolution to quit smoking?
(a) A person can only keep the noble attitude by renewing his resolutions.
(b) It makes quitting easier.
(c) It helps a person to feel better about himself.
(d) It ensures that the resolution will work.
4. How does Zeno always try to quit smoking?
(a) He throws all of his cigarettes into the trash.
(b) He stops buying cigarettes.
(c) He hides his cigarettes.
(d) He makes resolutions.
5. How does Zeno describe his grief when his mother died?
(a) Emotionally crippling.
(b) Overwhelmingly painful.
(c) Like being a frightened boy all over again.
(d) A token to a new and intense life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea was it to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill?
2. How long did Zeno listen to his friend's lecture about the Greeks and the Hebrews?
3. What condition did Zeno think his father had?
4. Who asked Zeno if he thought death was the end of everything?
5. How does Zeno describe his past troubles with women?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)