|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, My Father's Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zeno's relatives reveal about his father?
(a) He was a gambler.
(b) He drank too much.
(c) He may have been unfaithful.
(d) He knew Zeno's secret.
2. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
(a) He was attracted to the person who was left to guard him.
(b) He suspected that he wife was having an affair with Dr. Muli.
(c) He didn't get his last cigarette.
(d) He had nicotine withdrawal.
3. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
(a) She suggested that he gradually cut back on his cigarette smoking.
(b) She suggested that he go into a sanatorium.
(c) She offered to hide his cigarettes.
(d) She suggested a nicotine pill.
4. How does Zeno describe his grief when his mother died?
(a) Like being a frightened boy all over again.
(b) Overwhelmingly painful.
(c) A token to a new and intense life.
(d) Emotionally crippling.
5. How does Zeno describe his past troubles with women?
(a) He didn't like them.
(b) He was shy around them.
(c) He desired all of them.
(d) They didn't like him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the doctor decide was ailing Zeno?
2. How much time does Zeno say he spent with his father before his death?
3. What phrase does Zeno use to describe Dr. Muli?
4. ______________was sent to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill.
5. How does Zeno describe his father's death?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)