|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, My Father's Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeno describe his relationship with his father?
(a) They couldn't stand each other.
(b) They shared the same taste in cigars.
(c) They were very close.
(d) They had little in common.
2. What did the doctor say when Zeno asked him whether there was any hope?
(a) "There is always hope!"
(b) "None whatever!"
(c) "There is reason to hope."
(d) "There's a 50-percent chance of recovery."
3. How does Zeno describe his grief when his mother died?
(a) A token to a new and intense life.
(b) Like being a frightened boy all over again.
(c) Emotionally crippling.
(d) Overwhelmingly painful.
4. How does Zeno describe his past troubles with women?
(a) He was shy around them.
(b) He didn't like them.
(c) He desired all of them.
(d) They didn't like him.
5. Did Zeno cry immediately when he discovered that his father was ill?
(a) He tried to cry but could not.
(d) He did but pretended to have dust in his eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotions did Zeno feel when he realized his father was close to death thanks to him?
2. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
3. What was the nurse's name?
4. What did Zeno's father do right before he died?
5. Who asked Zeno if he thought death was the end of everything?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)