|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, My Father's Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeno describe his grief when his mother died?
(a) Overwhelmingly painful.
(b) A token to a new and intense life.
(c) Like being a frightened boy all over again.
(d) Emotionally crippling.
2. How did Zeno get his first cigarette?
(a) His brother gave it to him.
(b) His friend Giuseppe gave it to him.
(c) He stole it from his father.
(d) He purchased a pack of cigarettes from a store.
3. How many cigarettes did Zeno take to the sanatorium?
4. What does Zeno say that he did after making a resolution to stop smoking?
(a) Smoked one last cigarette.
(b) Celebrated with a glass of wine.
(c) Threw his cigarettes away.
(d) Hid his cigarettes.
5. ______________was sent to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill.
(b) A neighbor.
(d) The gardener.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character of this book?
2. According to Zeno, what was the most important event of his life?
3. What did the doctor say when Zeno asked him whether there was any hope?
4. What was the name of the doctor who cared for Zeno's father until his death?
5. How does Zeno say he used to decide when to stop smoking?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)