|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, My Father's Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeno say about the noble attitude one has when he makes a resolution to quit smoking?
(a) It makes quitting easier.
(b) It helps a person to feel better about himself.
(c) It ensures that the resolution will work.
(d) A person can only keep the noble attitude by renewing his resolutions.
2. How long did Zeno listen to his friend's lecture about the Greeks and the Hebrews?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Thirty minutes.
3. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
(a) To confess about bad habits.
(b) To become a published writer.
(c) To analyze his weakness for smoking.
(d) To analyze his love for wine.
4. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
(a) They ignored each other.
(b) They had a physical fight.
(c) They talked and shared a bottle of wine.
(d) They argued most of the time.
5. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeno describe as his second trouble?
2. How does Zeno think his father felt about Zeno's future?
3. According to Zeno, what was the most important event of his life?
4. Whom does Zeno say died soon after he was married?
5. What does Zeno say that he did after making a resolution to stop smoking?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)