|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, My Father's Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A doctor asked Zeno's father to return for a follow-up visit after a few weeks. Why didn't his father go back to the doctor?
(a) He said doctors and grave diggers were equally odious.
(b) He said the doctor's fees were astronomical.
(c) He believed the doctor was incompetent.
(d) He felt better.
2. How does Zeno say he used to decide when to stop smoking?
(a) He decided to quit on the first day of each week.
(b) He picked significant dates and events.
(c) He began new resolutions when he had something to celebrate.
(d) He stopped when he got sick.
3. How does Zeno describe his father's death?
(a) An unimaginable catastrophe.
(b) A robber of joy.
(c) An abyss of regret.
(d) Surprisingly peaceful.
4. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
(a) Give up smoking.
(b) Cut back on his smoking.
(c) Take better care of his health.
(d) Develop a more positive outlook.
5. Whom does Zeno say was left to guard him in the sanatorium?
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Zeno cry immediately when he discovered that his father was ill?
2. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
3. What was the name of the doctor who cared for Zeno's father until his death?
4. How does Zeno describe the flavor of a last cigarette?
5. What did the doctor decide was ailing Zeno?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)