|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, My Father's Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeno say about the noble attitude one has when he makes a resolution to quit smoking?
(a) It ensures that the resolution will work.
(b) It helps a person to feel better about himself.
(c) A person can only keep the noble attitude by renewing his resolutions.
(d) It makes quitting easier.
2. Who asked Zeno if he thought death was the end of everything?
(a) His mother.
(b) Zeno's brother.
(c) Zeno's father.
(d) A nurse.
3. According to Zeno's estimation, how old was his father's doctor?
(a) In his thirties.
(b) Not much older than twenty.
(c) In his seventies.
(d) Not more than forty.
4. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
(a) She suggested that he go into a sanatorium.
(b) She offered to hide his cigarettes.
(c) She suggested that he gradually cut back on his cigarette smoking.
(d) She suggested a nicotine pill.
5. Whom does Zeno say died soon after he was married?
(b) His Mother:
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeno describe as his second trouble?
2. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
3. How does Zeno describe his grief when his mother died?
4. Who discovered that Zeno's father was having health distress?
5. How did Zeno tell his father he viewed religion?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)