|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, My Father's Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did Zeno cry immediately when he discovered that his father was ill?
(a) He tried to cry but could not.
(d) He did but pretended to have dust in his eyes.
2. What did the doctor say when Zeno asked him whether there was any hope?
(a) "There is always hope!"
(b) "None whatever!"
(c) "There is reason to hope."
(d) "There's a 50-percent chance of recovery."
3. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
4. What does Zeno describe as his second trouble?
(b) A chronic sore throat.
(c) The effort he put into quitting smoking.
(d) An addiction to alcohol.
5. How does Zeno say he used to decide when to stop smoking?
(a) He began new resolutions when he had something to celebrate.
(b) He decided to quit on the first day of each week.
(c) He stopped when he got sick.
(d) He picked significant dates and events.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Zeno say was left to guard him in the sanatorium?
2. Who asked Zeno if he thought death was the end of everything?
3. Who managed Zeno's father's business affairs?
4. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
5. How does Zeno always try to quit smoking?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)