|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, My Father's Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
(a) He stole cigarettes from his brother.
(b) He stole cigarettes from his mother.
(c) He stole cigarettes from a store.
(d) He stole money for cigarettes.
2. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
(a) Give up smoking.
(b) Take better care of his health.
(c) Cut back on his smoking.
(d) Develop a more positive outlook.
3. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
(a) She suggested a nicotine pill.
(b) She offered to hide his cigarettes.
(c) She suggested that he gradually cut back on his cigarette smoking.
(d) She suggested that he go into a sanatorium.
4. How does Zeno describe his father's death?
(a) Surprisingly peaceful.
(b) A robber of joy.
(c) An unimaginable catastrophe.
(d) An abyss of regret.
5. What doubt does Zeno say may have bound him to his vice?
(a) Doubt about working.
(b) Doubt about pursuing science in school.
(c) Doubt about becoming a strong, perfect man.
(d) Doubt about studying law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
2. What was the name of the doctor who cared for Zeno's father until his death?
3. How does Zeno describe the flavor of a last cigarette?
4. What did Zeno's relatives reveal about his father?
5. What did the doctor say when Zeno asked him whether there was any hope?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)