|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, My Father's Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
(a) Take better care of his health.
(b) Develop a more positive outlook.
(c) Cut back on his smoking.
(d) Give up smoking.
2. Whose idea was it to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill?
(b) The neighbor's.
3. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
4. Why does Zeno say he visited a doctor who used electricity to cure diseases?
(a) He thought electricity could cure his insomnia.
(b) He hoped the doctor would treat his lack of stomach acids.
(c) He wanted a cure for his troubles with women.
(d) He hoped the doctor would discover that the nicotine was poisoning his blood.
5. Who is the main character of this book?
(a) Dr. Muli.
(c) Dr. Hahn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeno say about the noble attitude one has when he makes a resolution to quit smoking?
2. What emotions did Zeno feel when he realized his father was close to death thanks to him?
3. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
4. What was the name of the doctor who cared for Zeno's father until his death?
5. According to Zeno, what was the most important event of his life?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)