|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The relationship between an _____ and a parasol is the topic of Poem 1747.
(c) Artist's painting.
2. In the final stanza of Poem 737, Emily portrays the moon as being the owner or possessor of _______ with the remainder of the stars, firmament and universe being only garments and decorations for the moon.
(a) God's love.
(b) The earth.
(d) The Universe.
3. This book includes two versions of Poem 824. Both poems address the same topic, but the wording and _____ differ slightly from one poem to the other.
(d) Rhyme scheme.
4. In Poem 1711, Emily writes a poem in which she describes a person with a ___ face.
5. In Poem 823, Emily states that God is not interested in what things people have done while on earth, but the things they might have done had they been more ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Poem 1391, Emily writes about the effect her actions might have on other people. She states she hangs around just in case others need her, in case her _____ might brighten their day.
2. In Poem 824, Emily notes that, despite the threat of the storm, _______ is not damaged. Only a tree in the yard is split.
3. Poem 1719 describes the nature of God. In this poem she indicates that she knows God is a _____ God.
4. Poem 725 is a poem about finding home and comfort any place a ______ is located.
5. In Poem 1455, Emily compares and contrasts opinion and ____. She writes that opinion goes away quickly, but ____ will exist longer than the sun.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe the pain of being forgotten in Poem 1683?
2. How does the poet describe the lives of the children of God in Poem 1021?
3. What is the metaphor for fame in Poem 1763?
4. What comparisons does Dickinson make in Poem 1374?
5. How does Emily use the imagery of the sea in Poem 723?
6. Describe the poet's vision of Abraham and Isaac in Poem 1317.
7. Describe how Emily deals with the subject of Fear in Poem 608.
8. How does Emily feel about the concept that pain grows less over time in Poem 686?
9. Discuss the poet's relationship with the moon in Poem 737.
10. How does Dickinson describe the death of a loved on in Poem 1100?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)