|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person to speak in the play?
(a) The lady in brown.
(b) The lady in green.
(c) The lady in red.
(d) The lady in orange.
2. What does the main character in Poem Four make a list of?
(a) Some of the goals she has in life.
(b) Places she would like to live.
(c) The ways she loved her man.
(d) The things she looks for in a man.
3. In Poem Six, which character says, "pin-ups attached to the insides of his lapels"?
(a) The lady in purple.
(b) The lady in brown.
(c) The lady in orange.
(d) The lady in green.
4. How long was the marathon that the main character in Poem Three was attending?
(a) 24 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 36 hours.
(d) 48 hours.
5. What is the second word spoken in Poem Seven?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the character in Poem Seven feel mentally about her situation?
2. Which character relays the main narrative in Poem Four?
3. Who does the main character In Poem Three run off to see?
4. What is the purpose of Poem One?
5. What is the first word spoken in Poem Seven?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the lady in red discover God?
2. Describe the language and imagery in Poem Thirteen.
3. What clue(s) does the playwright provide to the audience so that they know Poem One is about African American women?
4. Why does the lady in green call on white women and other men in Poem Seventeen?
5. What do the two songs at the end of Poem One represent?
6. Where does the lady in blue move to in Poem Eleven? How does she view her new neighborhood? Why does she view it this way?
7. How does the playwright bring universality to the script in Poem One?
8. Describe the poetic imagery in Poem Seven.
9. How are the poems in Sequence Two linked to each other?
10. What happened to the main character's "stuff" in Poem Seventeen?
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)