|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of literary work is For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf?
(a) A fictional novel.
(b) A choreopoem.
(c) A nonfiction novel.
(d) A play.
2. What do the remainder of the characters say in Poem Five keeps them from crying and dying?
3. Who is with the main character in Poem Seven as she is relaying what is happening to her?
(a) Her friends,
(b) No one.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her dog.
4. What song plays at the start of Poem Six?
(a) "Che Che Cole."
(b) "Shake Me Down."
(c) "Drive Me Crazy."
(d) "Cha Cha Cha."
5. What are the stage directions for all of the characters on stage at the end Poem Six?
(a) The characters run to one side of the stage.
(b) The characters dance to the music.
(c) The characters are all hit by an imaginary slap.
(d) The characters fall to the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character(s) run off at the end of Poem Six?
2. How did the main character in Poem Three react when she found out that her favorite musician was not going to be playing?
3. What is the title of Poem One?
4. What is the second word spoken in Poem Seven?
5. Which one of these folk songs does the cast of the play sing in Poem One?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does dance represent at the beginning of Sequence Four? What does dance represent at the end of Sequence Four?
2. Describe the language and imagery in Poem Four.
3. Where does the lady in blue move to in Poem Eleven? How does she view her new neighborhood? Why does she view it this way?
4. What metaphors are apparent in Poem Seventeen? What do these metaphors represent?
5. What clue(s) does the playwright provide to the audience so that they know Poem One is about African American women?
6. What does the lady in brown mean in Poem One when she says, "dark phrases of womanhood/ of never havin been a girl/ half-notes scattered/ without rhythm/ no tune"?
7. Describe Poem Four.
8. Describe the language used in Poem One.
9. Why does the playwright use music in the play?
10. What happened to Beau when he came back from the war? Why did Crystal have to get a court order against Beau?
This section contains 1,207 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)