|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person to speak in the play?
(a) The lady in orange.
(b) The lady in green.
(c) The lady in red.
(d) The lady in brown.
2. How many characters run off stage after the lights change at the end of Poem Five?
3. In Sequence One, which character says, "forty poems 2 plants &3 handmade notecards i left/ town so i cd send to you have been no help to me/ on my job"?
(a) The lady in green.
(b) The ladty in red.
(c) The lady in yellow.
(d) The lady blue.
4. What do all of the characters in For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf have in common?
(a) They are all White.
(b) They are all from the suburbs.
(c) They are all in their 20s.
(d) They are all women.
5. How does the main character in Poem Four refer to her relationship with her former boyfriend?
(a) "An experiment."
(b) "A last chance."
(c) "A crash course in love."
(d) "A test."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the main character in Poem Four read to the audience?
2. Who is the last character to speak in Poem One?
3. In Poem One, which character says, "and this is for colored girls who have considered suicide/but moved to the end of their own rainbows"?
4. Where is the lady in yellow from?
5. What song plays at the beginning of Poem Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the lady in blue move to in Poem Eleven? How does she view her new neighborhood? Why does she view it this way?
2. How does the language change at the end of Poem Nineteen? At what point at the end of the play does the language change?
3. Describe the language and imagery in Poem Thirteen.
4. What happens in Poem Twelve? How do the women deal with the situation that arises?
5. Describe the language and imagery in Poem Two.
6. What does dance represent at the beginning of Sequence Four? What does dance represent at the end of Sequence Four?
7. What do the two songs at the end of Poem One represent?
8. What metaphors are apparent in Poem Seventeen? What do these metaphors represent?
9. What issue is discussed in the final poem?
10. Describe the language used in Poem Nine.
This section contains 1,324 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)