|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Poem One, what type of colored girls does the narrator say this play is for?
(a) Those who have abandoned their rainbow.
(b) Those who have created their own rainbow.
(c) Those who have moved to the ends of their own rainbow.
(d) Those who have found refuge in a new rainbow.
2. Where is the lady in brown from?
(a) Outside San Francisco.
(b) Outside Chicago.
(c) Outside Detroit.
(d) Outside St. Louis.
3. How does the narrator in Poem Seven tell her story?
(a) She uses illiteration.
(b) She uses poetic imagry.
(c) She foreshadowing.
(d) She compares and contrasts situations.
4. In Poem Two, how does the poem's main character feel after she and her friends had a lot to drink, danced, and got sexy?
(a) "Finallly grown."
(b) "Wonderfully free."
(c) "Totally immature."
5. Which character(s) run off at the end of Poem Six?
(a) The ladies in purple and orange.
(b) The lady in orange.
(c) The lady in red.
(d) The ladies in green and red.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the lady in green from?
2. What does the main character in Poem Four read to the audience?
3. In Poem Three, how old was the main character when she ran off?
4. Which one of these folk songs does the cast of the play sing in Poem One?
5. How many characters run onto the stage at the beginning of For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the theme of Poem Three? How is this a theme of the poem?
2. How does the final poem sum up the dramatic and thematic journey of the play?
3. Describe the language and imagery in Poem Four.
4. How is dance used in Poem Three?
5. Describe Poem Nine.
6. Describe the language used in Poem Nine.
7. How does the lady in yellow begin Poem Sixteen? What feelings does she convey in the poem?
8. Why do the women describe themselves as living outside of the cities in Poem One?
9. What happened to Beau when he came back from the war? Why did Crystal have to get a court order against Beau?
10. What does dance represent at the beginning of Sequence Four? What does dance represent at the end of Sequence Four?
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)