|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What similarities exist between the cities that each character says that they are from?
(a) They are all urban cities in America.
(b) They are all in a depression.
(c) They are all on the east coast of the United States.
(d) They are all state capitols.
2. Who does the main character In Poem Three run off to see?
(a) Celia Cruz.
(b) Willie Colon.
(c) Tito Puente.
(d) Carlos Santana.
3. How long was the marathon that the main character in Poem Three was attending?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) 36 hours.
(d) 48 hours.
4. How does the character in Poem Seven feel mentally about her situation?
(a) She feels shameful.
(b) She feel anxious.
(c) She feels sad.
(d) She feels happy.
5. Who is the first person to speak in the play?
(a) The lady in red.
(b) The lady in orange.
(c) The lady in green.
(d) The lady in brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the main character in Poem Four decide to do as a result of her relationship?
2. What ties Poems Two, Three, Four, and Five in Sequence One together?
3. How many characters run onto the stage at the beginning of For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf?
4. What topic is mentioned in Poem Two that leads the reader into the next poem?
5. In Poem One, which character(s) say(s), "mama's little baby likes shortnin bread"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the poems in Sequence Three differ from the other poems in the play?
2. Describe Poem Four.
3. Why does the playwright use music in the play?
4. How does the playwright bring universality to the script in Poem One?
5. What happened to Beau when he came back from the war? Why did Crystal have to get a court order against Beau?
6. Why does the lady in brown open and close the play?
7. What clue(s) does the playwright provide to the audience so that they know Poem One is about African American women?
8. What metaphors are apparent in Poem Seventeen? What do these metaphors represent?
9. How is dance used in Poem Two?
10. Where does the lady in blue move to in Poem Eleven? How does she view her new neighborhood? Why does she view it this way?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)