|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the characters ironically suggest in Poem Six?
(a) A failed marriage is always the woman's fault.
(b) A battered woman is a weak woman.
(c) A women raped by someone she knows, asks for it.
(d) A pregnant teen has no morals.
2. Who does the character in Poem Seven say she could not have see her in her current situation?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her classmates.
(c) Her co-workers.
(d) Her friends.
3. What event is Poem Two about?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) College acceptance.
(d) Graduation night.
4. How many characters run off stage after the lights change at the end of Poem Five?
5. What song plays at the start of Poem Six?
(a) "Cha Cha Cha."
(b) "Che Che Cole."
(c) "Shake Me Down."
(d) "Drive Me Crazy."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the main character in Poem Four refer to her relationship with her former boyfriend?
2. What ties Poems Six and Seven in Sequence Two together?
3. How many characters run onto the stage at the beginning of For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf?
4. What does each character do before anyone starts to speak?
5. In Sequence One, which character says, "sneakin in under age to slug's/ to stare ata real 'artiste'/ & every word outta imamu's mouth waz gospel"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the two songs at the end of Poem One represent?
2. What is the purpose of Poem Six?
3. Describe the language and imagery in Poem Thirteen.
4. What theme(s) are evident in Poem One and what is the meaning of this theme?
5. What links Poems Six and Seven together?
6. Describe the poetic imagery in Poem Seven.
7. What contrasts and juxtapositions are apparent at the beginning of Poem Eleven?
8. What does Poem Eighteen allow the characters to do? What do the characters use the poem to describe?
9. How is dance used in Poem Three?
10. How does the language change at the end of Poem Nineteen? At what point at the end of the play does the language change?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)