|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Poem One, which character says, "dark phrases of womanhood/of never havin been a girl"?
(a) The lady in brown.
(b) The lady in orange.
(c) The lady in green.
(d) The lady in red.
2. What does each character do before anyone starts to speak?
(a) Dances to a popular song.
(b) Sings a popular song.
(c) Runs on stage and freezes in a position of distress.
(d) Runs on stage and falls on the floor.
3. In Poem Six, which characters narrate the poem?
(a) The ladies in orange, green, and blue.
(b) The ladies in purple, brown, and red.
(c) The ladies in yellow, red, and green.
(d) The ladies in blue, red, and purple.
4. Who is the last character to speak in Poem One?
(a) The lady in green.
(b) The lady in brown.
(c) The lady in red.
(d) The lady in purple.
5. In Poem Three, how old was the main character when she ran off?
(a) 13 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 14 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poem Six say has changed about the social circles in which women seek companionship?
2. When the other character's speak in Poem Two, what do they comment on?
3. What is the title of Poem One?
4. Based on Poem One, what is this play about?
5. What does the main character in Poem Four make a list of?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the stage directions, how does Sequence Four end?
2. What is ironic about Poem Six?
3. What issue is discussed in the final poem?
4. What does Poem Eighteen allow the characters to do? What do the characters use the poem to describe?
5. Why does the playwright use music in the play?
6. What reason do the characters give for dancing?
7. Describe the character in Poem Fourteen.
8. What happened to Beau when he came back from the war? Why did Crystal have to get a court order against Beau?
9. Describe the language used in Poem Nine.
10. Describe Poem Nine.
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)