|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last line of Poem Seven?
(a) waznt no need for colored folks to bear no cross at all.
(b) i just cdnt stop grinnin.
(c) & we are left with scars.
(d) once i waz pregnant & shamed of myself.
2. What similarities exist between the cities that each character says that they are from?
(a) They are all state capitols.
(b) They are all in a depression.
(c) They are all on the east coast of the United States.
(d) They are all urban cities in America.
3. In Poem Two, how does the poem's main character feel after she and her friends had a lot to drink, danced, and got sexy?
(a) "Finallly grown."
(b) "Wonderfully free."
(d) "Totally immature."
4. What does the lady in orange do at the end of Poem Four?
(a) She convinces the main character to leave her man.
(b) She reads her own letter to a man that she can't talk to anymore.
(c) She recaps what happened earlier in the poem.
(d) She talks to the audience about love.
5. What is the race of the characters in For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf?
(a) African American.
(b) Asian American.
(c) White American.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the character in Poem Seven feel mentally about her situation?
2. What game do the characters play at the end of the play?
3. How many characters run onto the stage at the beginning of For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf?
4. What images are contrasted in Poem Six?
5. Early in Poem Three, what is the main character's favorite type of music?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the theme of Poem Three? How is this a theme of the poem?
2. Describe the character in Poem Thirteen.
3. What is the purpose of Poem Seven?
4. Describe the language and imagery in Poem Two.
5. How did the lady in red discover God?
6. What is the purpose of Poem Six?
7. How is dance used in Poem Two?
8. Who is the main character in Poem Ten? What story does the lady in red share about this character?
9. What did Beau do after Crystal got a court order? What does Beau do on his last attempt to win Crystal back?
10. Why does the lady in brown open and close the play?
This section contains 1,339 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)