|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does each character do before anyone starts to speak?
(a) Sings a popular song.
(b) Runs on stage and falls on the floor.
(c) Runs on stage and freezes in a position of distress.
(d) Dances to a popular song.
2. Who does the character in Poem Seven say she could not have see her in her current situation?
(a) Her co-workers.
(b) Her classmates.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her family.
3. Who is the first person to speak in the play?
(a) The lady in green.
(b) The lady in orange.
(c) The lady in brown.
(d) The lady in red.
4. Who is with the main character in Poem Seven as she is relaying what is happening to her?
(a) Her family.
(b) No one.
(c) Her friends,
(d) Her dog.
5. What does the main character in Poem Four make a list of?
(a) Some of the goals she has in life.
(b) The things she looks for in a man.
(c) The ways she loved her man.
(d) Places she would like to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song plays at the beginning of Poem Two?
2. What do all of the characters in For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf have in common?
3. Which character says, "are we ghouls?/ children of horror?/ the joke?"
4. In Poem Seven, which character says,"tubes tables white washed windows/ grime from age wiped over once"?
5. Where is the lady in purple from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is dance used in Poem Two?
2. What does the lady in brown mean in Poem One when she says, "dark phrases of womanhood/ of never havin been a girl/ half-notes scattered/ without rhythm/ no tune"?
3. How does the playwright bring universality to the script in Poem One?
4. What do the two songs at the end of Poem One represent?
5. What reason do the characters give for dancing?
6. How does the language change at the end of Poem Nineteen? At what point at the end of the play does the language change?
7. How does the lady in yellow begin Poem Sixteen? What feelings does she convey in the poem?
8. What happened to the main character's "stuff" in Poem Seventeen?
9. What does Poem One represent? What is its significance?
10. According to the stage directions, how does Sequence Four end?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)