|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Early in Poem Three, what is the main character's favorite type of music?
(a) Rock & Roll.
(b) Latin music.
(d) Rhythem and Blues.
2. What type of literary work is For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf?
(a) A choreopoem.
(b) A nonfiction novel.
(c) A play.
(d) A fictional novel.
3. What is the story in Poem Seven about?
4. In Poem Two, how does the poem's main character feel after she and her friends had a lot to drink, danced, and got sexy?
(b) "Totally immature."
(c) "Finallly grown."
(d) "Wonderfully free."
5. Which character relays the main narrative in Poem Four?
(a) The lady in green.
(b) The lady in red.
(c) The lady in purple.
(d) The lady in yellow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the lady in red from?
2. What is the only way that the lady in orange says she can communicate at the beginning of Poem Five?
3. What is Poem Six about?
4. In Sequence One, which character says, "forty poems 2 plants &3 handmade notecards i left/ town so i cd send to you have been no help to me/ on my job"?
5. In Poem Six, which character says, "pin-ups attached to the insides of his lapels"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What theme(s) are evident in Poem One and what is the meaning of this theme?
2. What does the lady in brown mean in Poem One when she says, "dark phrases of womanhood/ of never havin been a girl/ half-notes scattered/ without rhythm/ no tune"?
3. How is dance used in Poem Three?
4. Who is the main character in Poem Eight? What story does the lady in purple share about this character?
5. Describe Poem Two.
6. Why do the characters end the play on a good note, despite the journey?
7. Describe the poetic imagery in Poem Seven.
8. What does the final dance represent?
9. Why do the women describe themselves as living outside of the cities in Poem One?
10. What happened to Beau when he came back from the war? Why did Crystal have to get a court order against Beau?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)