|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Poem Seventeen?
(a) Somebody Almost Walked Off Wid Alla My Stuff.
(b) A Laying on of Hands.
(c) No More Love Poems.
2. What does the narrator in Poem Sixteen feel she should not be dependent on?
(a) Her emotions.
(b) A good friend.
(c) Other human beings.
(d) The hearts.
3. What is the title of Poem Nineteen?
(a) A Nite with Beau Wille Brown.
(b) No More Love Poems.
(c) A Laying on of Hands.
4. Who does the main character in Poem Nine discover when she starts reading books from the adult section of the library?
(a) Malcolm X.
(b) Toussaint L'Ouverture.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Geroge Washington Carver.
5. Who does the narrator in Poem Fifteen suggest that black women should act like?
(a) White women.
(b) White men.
(c) Black men.
(d) Hispanic women.
6. What event occurred that made the narrator of Poem Thirteen change the way that she danced?
(a) Her boyfriend broke up with her.
(b) She found out her man was cheating on her.
(c) She saw the woman that her man left her for.
(d) She met a new man at the bar.
7. In Poem Eleven, how does the narrator describe her current universe at the end of the poem?
(a) As a world of hope.
(b) As a world of cruelty.
(c) As a world of excitement.
(d) As a world of longing.
8. How many kids do the main character and Beau have in Poem Nineteen?
9. Where did the main character Beau return from psychologically damaged in Poem Nineteen?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
10. Which character in the play tells the story in Poem Eight?
(a) The lady in purple.
(b) The lady in brown.
(c) The lady in orange.
(d) The lady in green.
11. Who narrates the story in Poem Twelve?
(a) The lady in blue.
(b) The lady in purple.
(c) The lady in red.
(d) The lady in green.
12. What does the main character in Poem Ten allow men to do?
(a) She allows them to spend the night.
(b) She gives them no allowances.
(c) She allows them to hit her.
(d) She allows them to spend her money
13. Who does the narrator in Poem Seventeen say should handle her stuff?
(a) Her lover is the only one.
(b) She is the only one.
(c) Her best friend is the only one.
(d) Her husband is the only one.
14. Where does the narrator say she "usedta live" in Poem Eleven?
(a) In Queens.
(b) In Harlem.
(c) In the world.
(d) In Egypt.
15. What was the profession of the main character in Poem Eight?
(a) A carnival dancer.
(b) A maid.
(c) A boat operator.
(d) A gypsy woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feels strange to the narrator of Poem Thirteen?
2. At the end of Poem Eighteen, what suggestion does the narrator make to the person with whom she is speaking with?
3. In Poem Sixteen, what does the narrator want to do?
4. In Poem Fourteen, what does the narrator say she lacks in order to look for love?
5. In what section of the library does the main character of Poem Nine find the books Cajun Katie and Christopher Robin?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)