|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what does she say someone did with her "stuff" in Poem Seventeen?
(a) Hid it.
(b) Threw it away.
(c) Stole it.
(d) Walked off with it.
2. In Poem Fourteen, what does the narrator say she lacks in order to look for love?
(c) Good looks.
(d) Financial resources.
3. What happens when Beau keeps trying to get funding to pay for school in Poem Nineteen?
(a) He gets placed in remedial classes.
(b) He does not register for classes.
(c) He enrolls in advanced classes.
(d) He cannot get any money.
4. Where does the narrator say she "usedta live" in Poem Eleven?
(a) In Harlem.
(b) In Egypt.
(c) In the world.
(d) In Queens.
5. What city is the main character in Poem Eight from?
(b) Little Rock.
(d) New Orleans.
6. What is the story about in Poem Twelve?
(a) Three women who see an attractive man.
(b) Five women who fight over a man.
(c) A group of women who despise being loved by a man.
(d) Two women who take a trip together.
7. Where does the narrator say she moved to in Poem Eleven?
(d) The world.
8. What does the narrator in Poem Fifteen think black woman deal with too much?
9. In Poem Nineteen, which character narrates the story?
(a) The lady in purple.
(b) The lady in green.
(c) The lady in orange.
(d) The lady in red.
10. According to Poem Ten, at what time do women from Louisiana shell peas?
(a) 4:00 pm.
(b) 3:00 pm.
(c) 5:00 pm.
(d) 6:00 pm.
11. What was the profession of the main character in Poem Eight?
(a) A boat operator.
(b) A gypsy woman.
(c) A carnival dancer.
(d) A maid.
12. Who narrates the story in Poem Twelve?
(a) The lady in green.
(b) The lady in red.
(c) The lady in purple.
(d) The lady in blue.
13. What does Beau threaten to do if the main character does not marry him in Poem Nineteen?
(a) To throw the children down the steps.
(b) To drop the children out the window.
(c) To move back in.
(d) To kill himself.
14. According to the narrator of Poem Fourteen, what is she looking for in a man?
(a) A seamless love.
(d) Passoniate intimacy.
15. What is the title of Poem Seventeen?
(a) Somebody Almost Walked Off Wid Alla My Stuff.
(b) A Laying on of Hands.
(c) No More Love Poems.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what section of the library does the main character of Poem Nine find the books Cajun Katie and Christopher Robin?
2. What is Poem Ten about?
3. What does Poem Thirteen's narrator say she tried to bring into people's lives?
4. Which character narrates Poem Fourteen?
5. At the end of poem sequence four, which character dances and wakes up the other characters from their frozen state?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)