|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character gives the narrative in Poem Eighteen?
(a) The lady in purple.
(b) The lady in blue.
(c) The lady in green.
(d) The lady in orange.
2. How many kids do the main character and Beau have in Poem Nineteen?
3. What does Poem Thirteen's narrator say she tried to bring into people's lives?
(a) Joy and pain.
(b) Love and lust.
(c) Love and joy.
(d) Pain and heartache.
4. What is the narrator referring to when she references her "stuff"?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Her television.
(c) Her car.
(d) Her soul.
5. Who does the narrator in Poem Seventeen say should handle her stuff?
(a) Her best friend is the only one.
(b) She is the only one.
(c) Her lover is the only one.
(d) Her husband is the only one.
6. What dilemmas does the narrator in Poem Sixteen believe she is caught up in?
(a) The dilemmas of being smart, rich, and black.
(b) The dilemmas of being a single, white woman.
(c) The dilemmas of being a woman, alive, and black.
(d) The dilemmas of being emotional, black woman.
7. What does the narrator in Poem Seventeen want the person to do with her "stuff"?
(a) Return it.
(b) Throw it away.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Give it to somepne else.
8. Who is the main character of the story in Poem Eight?
9. What happens when Beau keeps trying to get funding to pay for school in Poem Nineteen?
(a) He does not register for classes.
(b) He gets placed in remedial classes.
(c) He enrolls in advanced classes.
(d) He cannot get any money.
10. How does the narrator in Poem Fifteen describe the group that she thinks black women should become like?
(a) Smart with no desire for sexual pleasure.
(b) Unemotional and friendly.
(c) Talented and friendly.
(d) Dry with no rhythm.
11. Who does the main character in Poem Eighteen speak with in the poem?
(a) An old lover.
(b) A family member.
(c) A best friend.
(d) An imaginary lover.
12. What words are the focus in Poem Eighteen?
(a) "I'm sorry."
(b) "I miss you."
(c) "I forgive you."
(d) "I love you."
13. According to the narrator, what does she say someone did with her "stuff" in Poem Seventeen?
(a) Stole it.
(b) Walked off with it.
(c) Threw it away.
(d) Hid it.
14. What is the name of Beau's daughter in Poem Nineteen?
15. What is the name of the main character in Poem Nineteen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beau threaten to do if the main character does not marry him in Poem Nineteen?
2. What feels strange to the narrator of Poem Thirteen?
3. Which character narrates Poem Seventeen?
4. In Poem Sixteen, what does the narrator want to do?
5. How does the narrator end Poem Fourteen?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)