|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say to begin Poem Sixteen?
(a) That she cannot fantasize.
(b) That she does not love men anymore.
(c) That she cannot love anymore.
(d) That she has lost touch with reality.
2. What does the main character do to keep her Beau away in Poem Nineteen?
(a) She steals his car.
(b) She gets a court order.
(c) She moves.
(d) She changes her phone number.
3. In Poem Fourteen, how does the narrator describe pleasuring herself through thought?
4. In Poem Sixteen, what does the narrator want to do?
(a) Get over her broken heart.
(b) Stop loving the man that she loves.
(c) Find someone to love.
(d) Cherish her capacity to love.
5. How are the poems in Sequence Four different from earlier poems in the play?
(a) They give a White woman's perspective on life.
(b) They are shorter.
(c) They use colloquial language.
(d) They are longer.
6. What does Beau do differently in his last attempt to win the main character back in Poem Nineteen?
(a) He gets dressed up.
(b) He brings flowers.
(c) He buys gifts for the kids.
(d) He takes the main character to dinner.
7. At the end of Poem Eighteen, what suggestion does the narrator make to the person with whom she is speaking with?
(a) Never say "I'm sorry."
(b) Stop cheating with women that she knows.
(c) Be careful who you fall in love with.
(d) Admit shortcomings up front.
8. What is Poem Fourteen about?
(a) The narrator's love of friendship.
(b) The narrator's need for a new man.
(c) The narrator's need to be loved by a man.
(d) The narrator's irritation with men.
9. Which character narrates Poem Eleven?
(a) The lady in purple.
(b) The lady in pink.
(c) The lady in blue.
(d) The lady in green.
10. What is the name of Beau's daughter in Poem Nineteen?
11. What does the narrator in Poem Sixteen feel she should not be dependent on?
(a) A good friend.
(b) The hearts.
(c) Her emotions.
(d) Other human beings.
12. At the end of poem sequence four, which character dances and wakes up the other characters from their frozen state?
(a) The lady in blue.
(b) The lady in yellow.
(c) The lady in green.
(d) The lady in red.
13. According to the narrator, what happens when Beau learns that the main character is pregnant again in Poem Nineteen?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He celebrates.
(c) He beats her.
(d) He cries.
14. In what section of the library does the main character of Poem Nine find the books Cajun Katie and Christopher Robin?
(a) The adult section.
(b) The young adult section.
(c) The reference section.
(d) The children's section.
15. What does the main character in Poem Ten allow men to do?
(a) She gives them no allowances.
(b) She allows them to spend the night.
(c) She allows them to hit her.
(d) She allows them to spend her money
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator of Poem Thirteen feel was redundant?
2. In Poem Eleven, how does the narrator describe her current universe at the end of the poem?
3. What words are the focus in Poem Eighteen?
4. Who is the main character of the story in Poem Eight?
5. In Poem Nineteen, which character narrates the story?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)