|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What themes are the poems in Sequence Four built around?
(a) Fear and Power.
(b) Pain and misery.
(c) Long lost love.
(d) Love and relationships.
2. How big does the narrator say her universe is in Poem Eleven?
(a) Six blocks.
(b) Twelve blocks.
(c) An infinite amount of blocks.
(d) Two blocks.
3. According to the narrator, what happens when Beau learns that the main character is pregnant again in Poem Nineteen?
(a) He celebrates.
(b) He beats her.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He cries.
4. How are the ladies in blue, yellow, purple, and orange dancing at the start of Sequence Four?
(a) Like they are catching a disease.
(b) Like they are flying in the sky.
(c) Like they are drowning in water.
(d) Like they are chocking.
5. What does the narrator in Poem Seventeen want the person to do with her "stuff"?
(a) Give it to somepne else.
(b) Throw it away.
(c) Return it.
(d) Burn it.
6. According to the narrator, what does she say someone did with her "stuff" in Poem Seventeen?
(a) Threw it away.
(b) Stole it.
(c) Hid it.
(d) Walked off with it.
7. What character gives the narrative in Poem Eighteen?
(a) The lady in purple.
(b) The lady in orange.
(c) The lady in green.
(d) The lady in blue.
8. What does the narrator in Poem Fifteen think black woman deal with too much?
9. What is the name of Beau's daughter in Poem Nineteen?
10. What is Poem Ten about?
(a) A provocative woman who attracts men.
(b) A homeless woman who has to fend for her family.
(c) A crazy woman who kills her husband.
(d) A short woman who longs to be tall.
11. At the end of Poem Eighteen, what suggestion does the narrator make to the person with whom she is speaking with?
(a) Be careful who you fall in love with.
(b) Never say "I'm sorry."
(c) Admit shortcomings up front.
(d) Stop cheating with women that she knows.
12. Which character narrates Poem Seventeen?
(a) The lady in yellow.
(b) The lady in purple.
(c) The lady in blue.
(d) The lady in green.
13. In Poem Sixteen, what does the narrator want to do?
(a) Stop loving the man that she loves.
(b) Find someone to love.
(c) Cherish her capacity to love.
(d) Get over her broken heart.
14. Who does the narrator in Poem Seventeen say should handle her stuff?
(a) Her lover is the only one.
(b) Her best friend is the only one.
(c) She is the only one.
(d) Her husband is the only one.
15. Who narrates the story in Poem Twelve?
(a) The lady in green.
(b) The lady in blue.
(c) The lady in purple.
(d) The lady in red.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator in Poem Fifteen describe the group that she thinks black women should become like?
2. Which character tells the story in Poem Eight?
3. What types of event does the character in the play describe at the start of Poem Eight?
4. How are the poems in Sequence Four different from earlier poems in the play?
5. Who takes the "stuff" in Poem Seventeen?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)