|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character of the story in Poem Eight?
2. Who does the main character in Poem Eighteen speak with in the poem?
(a) A family member.
(b) An old lover.
(c) An imaginary lover.
(d) A best friend.
3. Which character narrates Poem Sixteen?
(a) The lady in yellow.
(b) The lady in blue.
(c) The lady in orange.
(d) The lady in purple.
4. According to Poem Ten, at what time do women from Louisiana shell peas?
(a) 3:00 pm.
(b) 5:00 pm.
(c) 4:00 pm.
(d) 6:00 pm.
5. How many kids do the main character and Beau have in Poem Nineteen?
6. What is the narrator referring to when she references her "stuff"?
(a) Her soul.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her television.
(d) Her car.
7. What is the name of the main character in Poem Nineteen?
8. What happens when Beau keeps trying to get funding to pay for school in Poem Nineteen?
(a) He does not register for classes.
(b) He cannot get any money.
(c) He enrolls in advanced classes.
(d) He gets placed in remedial classes.
9. How are the ladies in blue, yellow, purple, and orange dancing at the start of Sequence Four?
(a) Like they are flying in the sky.
(b) Like they are chocking.
(c) Like they are drowning in water.
(d) Like they are catching a disease.
10. How are the poems in Sequence Four different from earlier poems in the play?
(a) They use colloquial language.
(b) They give a White woman's perspective on life.
(c) They are longer.
(d) They are shorter.
11. Which colorful character from the play represents the main character in the story portrayed through Poem Eight?
(a) The lady in brown.
(b) The lady in blue.
(c) The lady in green.
(d) The lady in red.
12. How does the narrator in Poem Fifteen describe the group that she thinks black women should become like?
(a) Smart with no desire for sexual pleasure.
(b) Dry with no rhythm.
(c) Talented and friendly.
(d) Unemotional and friendly.
13. What does Beau do differently in his last attempt to win the main character back in Poem Nineteen?
(a) He buys gifts for the kids.
(b) He gets dressed up.
(c) He takes the main character to dinner.
(d) He brings flowers.
14. In what section of the library does the main character of Poem Nine find the books Cajun Katie and Christopher Robin?
(a) The children's section.
(b) The adult section.
(c) The reference section.
(d) The young adult section.
15. Who does the narrator in Poem Seventeen say should handle her stuff?
(a) She is the only one.
(b) Her best friend is the only one.
(c) Her lover is the only one.
(d) Her husband is the only one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes the "stuff" in Poem Seventeen?
2. Which character in the play tells the story in Poem Eight?
3. Who narrates the story in Poem Ten?
4. What does the main character do to keep her Beau away in Poem Nineteen?
5. At the end of poem sequence four, which character dances and wakes up the other characters from their frozen state?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)