|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event occurred that made the narrator of Poem Thirteen change the way that she danced?
(a) She met a new man at the bar.
(b) Her boyfriend broke up with her.
(c) She saw the woman that her man left her for.
(d) She found out her man was cheating on her.
2. What is Poem Ten about?
(a) A provocative woman who attracts men.
(b) A short woman who longs to be tall.
(c) A crazy woman who kills her husband.
(d) A homeless woman who has to fend for her family.
3. What happens when Beau keeps trying to get funding to pay for school in Poem Nineteen?
(a) He cannot get any money.
(b) He enrolls in advanced classes.
(c) He does not register for classes.
(d) He gets placed in remedial classes.
4. What is the name of Beau's daughter in Poem Nineteen?
5. According to Poem Ten, at what time do women from Louisiana shell peas?
(a) 4:00 pm.
(b) 6:00 pm.
(c) 3:00 pm.
(d) 5:00 pm.
6. What words are the focus in Poem Eighteen?
(a) "I love you."
(b) "I forgive you."
(c) "I'm sorry."
(d) "I miss you."
7. Where does the narrator say she "usedta live" in Poem Eleven?
(a) In Egypt.
(b) In the world.
(c) In Harlem.
(d) In Queens.
8. What is the title of Poem Seventeen?
(a) A Laying on of Hands.
(b) Somebody Almost Walked Off Wid Alla My Stuff.
(c) No More Love Poems.
9. What does the main character do to keep her Beau away in Poem Nineteen?
(a) She moves.
(b) She changes her phone number.
(c) She steals his car.
(d) She gets a court order.
10. How are the ladies in blue, yellow, purple, and orange dancing at the start of Sequence Four?
(a) Like they are chocking.
(b) Like they are flying in the sky.
(c) Like they are drowning in water.
(d) Like they are catching a disease.
11. In Poem Nineteen, which character narrates the story?
(a) The lady in purple.
(b) The lady in orange.
(c) The lady in green.
(d) The lady in red.
12. Who does the narrator in Poem Seventeen say should handle her stuff?
(a) Her lover is the only one.
(b) Her husband is the only one.
(c) She is the only one.
(d) Her best friend is the only one.
13. What types of event does the character in the play describe at the start of Poem Eight?
(b) Street Fairs.
(c) Quadroon balls.
(d) Mardi Gras Parades.
14. What city is the main character in Poem Eight from?
(b) Little Rock.
(d) New Orleans.
15. What does Beau do differently in his last attempt to win the main character back in Poem Nineteen?
(a) He takes the main character to dinner.
(b) He brings flowers.
(c) He buys gifts for the kids.
(d) He gets dressed up.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Poem Fourteen, how does the narrator describe pleasuring herself through thought?
2. What does the narrator in Poem Seventeen want the person to do with her "stuff"?
3. What themes are the poems in Sequence Four built around?
4. According to the narrator of Poem Fourteen, what is she looking for in a man?
5. What does the main character in Poem Ten allow men to do?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)