|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beau threaten to do if the main character does not marry him in Poem Nineteen?
(a) To kill himself.
(b) To throw the children down the steps.
(c) To drop the children out the window.
(d) To move back in.
2. What does Poem Thirteen's narrator say she tried to bring into people's lives?
(a) Love and lust.
(b) Love and joy.
(c) Joy and pain.
(d) Pain and heartache.
3. In Poem Nineteen, which character narrates the story?
(a) The lady in red.
(b) The lady in orange.
(c) The lady in purple.
(d) The lady in green.
4. Where did the main character Beau return from psychologically damaged in Poem Nineteen?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
5. How do the women act towards each other at the end of the Poem Twelve?
(a) Like they were cousins.
(b) Like they were enemies.
(c) Like they were sisters.
(d) Like they were friends.
6. What feels strange to the narrator of Poem Thirteen?
7. What does the main character in Poem Ten allow men to do?
(a) She allows them to spend her money
(b) She allows them to hit her.
(c) She allows them to spend the night.
(d) She gives them no allowances.
8. What city is the main character in Poem Eight from?
(b) Little Rock.
(c) New Orleans.
9. Who does the narrator in Poem Seventeen say should handle her stuff?
(a) Her best friend is the only one.
(b) Her lover is the only one.
(c) Her husband is the only one.
(d) She is the only one.
10. What happens when the main character arrives to the docks at the end of Poem Nine?
(a) She rents a boat and sailed off.
(b) She meets a man named Toussaint.
(c) She runs into some of her friends.
(d) She reads one of her library books.
11. What is the name of Beau's daughter in Poem Nineteen?
12. Which character in the play tells the story in Poem Eight?
(a) The lady in brown.
(b) The lady in green.
(c) The lady in orange.
(d) The lady in purple.
13. Where does the narrator say she moved to in Poem Eleven?
(d) The world.
14. What types of event does the character in the play describe at the start of Poem Eight?
(b) Mardi Gras Parades.
(c) Street Fairs.
(d) Quadroon balls.
15. What is Poem Fourteen about?
(a) The narrator's need to be loved by a man.
(b) The narrator's irritation with men.
(c) The narrator's love of friendship.
(d) The narrator's need for a new man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of the main character in Poem Eight?
2. What character gives the narrative in Poem Eighteen?
3. Which character narrates Poem Fifteen?
4. What did the narrator of Poem Thirteen feel was redundant?
5. What does the narrator say to begin Poem Sixteen?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)