|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event occurred that made the narrator of Poem Thirteen change the way that she danced?
(a) Her boyfriend broke up with her.
(b) She met a new man at the bar.
(c) She found out her man was cheating on her.
(d) She saw the woman that her man left her for.
2. Who is the main character of the story in Poem Eight?
3. What does the narrator say to begin Poem Sixteen?
(a) That she cannot fantasize.
(b) That she cannot love anymore.
(c) That she does not love men anymore.
(d) That she has lost touch with reality.
4. What character gives the narrative in Poem Eighteen?
(a) The lady in purple.
(b) The lady in orange.
(c) The lady in green.
(d) The lady in blue.
5. What is the name of Beau's daughter in Poem Nineteen?
6. How many kids do the main character and Beau have in Poem Nineteen?
7. What dilemmas does the narrator in Poem Sixteen believe she is caught up in?
(a) The dilemmas of being a single, white woman.
(b) The dilemmas of being smart, rich, and black.
(c) The dilemmas of being emotional, black woman.
(d) The dilemmas of being a woman, alive, and black.
8. What does the narrator in Poem Sixteen feel she should not be dependent on?
(a) Her emotions.
(b) Other human beings.
(c) The hearts.
(d) A good friend.
9. According to the narrator, what happens when Beau learns that the main character is pregnant again in Poem Nineteen?
(a) He cries.
(b) He beats her.
(c) He celebrates.
(d) He kisses her.
10. How are the poems in Sequence Four different from earlier poems in the play?
(a) They give a White woman's perspective on life.
(b) They are longer.
(c) They are shorter.
(d) They use colloquial language.
11. What does the main character do to keep her Beau away in Poem Nineteen?
(a) She gets a court order.
(b) She moves.
(c) She steals his car.
(d) She changes her phone number.
12. What is the title of Poem Seventeen?
(a) No More Love Poems.
(b) A Laying on of Hands.
(c) Somebody Almost Walked Off Wid Alla My Stuff.
13. At the end of poem sequence four, which character dances and wakes up the other characters from their frozen state?
(a) The lady in green.
(b) The lady in red.
(c) The lady in yellow.
(d) The lady in blue.
14. What is the title of Poem Nineteen?
(b) A Nite with Beau Wille Brown.
(c) A Laying on of Hands.
(d) No More Love Poems.
15. What feels strange to the narrator of Poem Thirteen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character narrates Poem Sixteen?
2. In what section of the library does the main character of Poem Nine find the books Cajun Katie and Christopher Robin?
3. What does the narrator in Poem Seventeen want the person to do with her "stuff"?
4. Which character narrates Poem Eleven?
5. How big does the narrator say her universe is in Poem Eleven?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)