|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do all of the characters in For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf have in common?
(a) They are all White.
(b) They are all from the suburbs.
(c) They are all women.
(d) They are all in their 20s.
2. Early in Poem Three, what is the main character's favorite type of music?
(a) Rock & Roll.
(c) Rhythem and Blues.
(d) Latin music.
3. In Poem Three, what happened as a result of the main character's favorite musician not playing?
(a) She stopped listening to worldly music.
(b) She learned to play an instrument.
(c) She discovered different kinds of music.
(d) She never listened to that artist again.
4. Where is the lady in red from?
(a) Outside St. Louis.
(b) Outside Chicago.
(c) Outside Baltimore.
(d) Outside San Francisco.
5. Who does the character in Poem Seven say she could not have see her in her current situation?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her co-workers.
(d) Her classmates.
6. What does the lady in orange do at the end of Poem Four?
(a) She convinces the main character to leave her man.
(b) She reads her own letter to a man that she can't talk to anymore.
(c) She recaps what happened earlier in the poem.
(d) She talks to the audience about love.
7. What did the main character in Poem Four discover as a result of her relationship?
(a) She can't stand living alone.
(b) She can't stand Black men.
(c) She can't stand not being wanted.
(d) She can't stand not being married.
8. What are the stage directions for all of the characters on stage at the end Poem Six?
(a) The characters run to one side of the stage.
(b) The characters dance to the music.
(c) The characters are all hit by an imaginary slap.
(d) The characters fall to the floor.
9. Based on Poem One, what is a major theme of the play?
(b) Freedom through story-telling.
(d) An individual's relations to the gods.
10. What is the purpose of Poem One?
(a) It is a song about the main characters.
(b) It is an innvocation.
(c) It is the introduction to a character's life.
(d) It is a preface to the story.
11. Based on Poem One, what is this play about?
(a) It is about single women and their pursuits.
(b) It is about African American women finding their voice.
(c) It is about finding love.
(d) It is about abused women in America.
12. What is Poem Six about?
13. What is the second word spoken in Poem Seven?
14. Where is the lady in brown from?
(a) Outside San Francisco.
(b) Outside St. Louis.
(c) Outside Chicago.
(d) Outside Detroit.
15. How long was the marathon that the main character in Poem Three was attending?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) 36 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sequence One, which character says, "we rambled from camden to mount holly/ laughin our tassles from the rear view mirror/ climbin different sorta project stairs"?
2. In Poem Six, which character says,"these men friends of ours/ who smile nice/ stay employed/ and take us out to dinner"?
3. Who is with the main character in Poem Seven as she is relaying what is happening to her?
4. In Poem One, which character says, "dark phrases of womanhood/of never havin been a girl"?
5. How does the character in Poem Seven feel mentally about her situation?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)