|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sequence One, which character says, "we rambled from camden to mount holly/ laughin our tassles from the rear view mirror/ climbin different sorta project stairs"?
(a) The lady in green.
(b) The lady in yellow.
(c) The lady in blue.
(d) The lady in red.
2. How did the main character in Poem Three react when she found out that her favorite musician was not going to be playing?
(a) She demanded to get her money back.
(b) She started to cry.
(c) She tore up the musician's albums.
(d) She lost her temper.
3. How many characters run onto the stage at the beginning of For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf?
4. In Poem Three, how old was the main character when she ran off?
(a) 13 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 14 years old.
5. In Sequence One, which character says, "sneakin in under age to slug's/ to stare ata real 'artiste'/ & every word outta imamu's mouth waz gospel"?
(a) The lady in red.
(b) The lady in green.
(c) The lady in blue.
(d) The lady in yellow.
6. What is the second word spoken in Poem Seven?
7. Who is with the main character in Poem Seven as she is relaying what is happening to her?
(a) No one.
(b) Her dog.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her friends,
8. In Poem Two, how does the poem's main character feel after she and her friends had a lot to drink, danced, and got sexy?
(a) "Totally immature."
(b) "Wonderfully free."
(d) "Finallly grown."
9. What do the remainder of the characters say in Poem Five keeps them from crying and dying?
10. Where is the lady in brown from?
(a) Outside Chicago.
(b) Outside St. Louis.
(c) Outside Detroit.
(d) Outside San Francisco.
11. In Poem Two, what happened to the poem's main character the day after the party?
(a) She could not find her glasses.
(b) She could not stop smiling.
(c) She was in a car accident.
(d) She had a bad headache.
12. How does the narrator in Poem Seven tell her story?
(a) She uses poetic imagry.
(b) She foreshadowing.
(c) She uses illiteration.
(d) She compares and contrasts situations.
13. In Poem Six, which characters narrate the poem?
(a) The ladies in orange, green, and blue.
(b) The ladies in blue, red, and purple.
(c) The ladies in yellow, red, and green.
(d) The ladies in purple, brown, and red.
14. What does the main character in Poem Four make a list of?
(a) Places she would like to live.
(b) The ways she loved her man.
(c) The things she looks for in a man.
(d) Some of the goals she has in life.
15. What do all of the characters in For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf have in common?
(a) They are all from the suburbs.
(b) They are all in their 20s.
(c) They are all women.
(d) They are all White.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the artist that sings the song at the start of Poem Six?
2. What does the main character in Poem Four decide to do as a result of her relationship?
3. What song plays at the beginning of Poem Two?
4. In Poem One, which character says, "dark phrases of womanhood/of never havin been a girl"?
5. Based on Poem One, what is this play about?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)