|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Poem Two, what happened to the poem's main character the day after the party?
(a) She could not stop smiling.
(b) She could not find her glasses.
(c) She was in a car accident.
(d) She had a bad headache.
2. At the end of Poem Seven, how does the main character feel?
(c) Full of life.
3. What topic is mentioned in Poem Two that leads the reader into the next poem?
(a) Latin dances.
4. Who does the lady in brown call to at the beginning of Poem One?
(a) The lady in green.
(b) The lady in red.
(c) The lady in blue.
(d) The lady in purple.
5. How does the narrator in Poem Seven tell her story?
(a) She foreshadowing.
(b) She uses poetic imagry.
(c) She compares and contrasts situations.
(d) She uses illiteration.
6. What event is Poem Two about?
(a) College acceptance.
(b) New Year's Eve.
(d) Graduation night.
7. Based on Poem One, what is a major theme of the play?
(a) An individual's relations to the gods.
(c) Freedom through story-telling.
8. Who does the main character In Poem Three run off to see?
(a) Celia Cruz.
(b) Carlos Santana.
(c) Tito Puente.
(d) Willie Colon.
9. How does the character in Poem Seven feel mentally about her situation?
(a) She feels happy.
(b) She feels shameful.
(c) She feel anxious.
(d) She feels sad.
10. What type of literary work is For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf?
(a) A fictional novel.
(b) A play.
(c) A nonfiction novel.
(d) A choreopoem.
11. Where is the lady in brown from?
(a) Outside San Francisco.
(b) Outside Detroit.
(c) Outside St. Louis.
(d) Outside Chicago.
12. What does the narrator mean when she says, "dark phrases of womanhood/ of never havin been a girl/ half-notes scattered/ without rhythm" in Poem One?
(a) She takes life seriously.
(b) Her life is scattered with no direction.
(c) Her life is on track and very focused.
(d) Her life is perfect.
13. How long was the marathon that the main character in Poem Three was attending?
(a) 36 hours.
(b) 48 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 24 hours.
14. Who does the character in Poem Seven say she could not have see her in her current situation?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her co-workers.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her classmates.
15. In Poem Six, which character says,"these men friends of ours/ who smile nice/ stay employed/ and take us out to dinner"?
(a) The lady in purple.
(b) The lady in red.
(c) The lady in green.
(d) The lady in brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the lady in green from?
2. What does the lady in orange do at the end of Poem Four?
3. In Poem One, which character says, "dark phrases of womanhood/of never havin been a girl"?
4. At the end of Poem One, what type of colored girls does the narrator say this play is for?
5. What is Poem Six about?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)