|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the remainder of the characters say in Poem Five keeps them from crying and dying?
2. Which character relays the main narrative in Poem Three?
(a) The lady in yellow.
(b) The lady in blue.
(c) The lady in green.
(d) The lady in purple.
3. In Poem Two, where does the poem's main character go with the guy she met at the party?
(a) To his house down the street.
(b) To a swing on the back porch.
(c) To a friend's house down the street.
(d) To his Buick in the parking lot.
4. In Sequence One, which character says, "forty poems 2 plants &3 handmade notecards i left/ town so i cd send to you have been no help to me/ on my job"?
(a) The lady in green.
(b) The lady blue.
(c) The lady in yellow.
(d) The ladty in red.
5. At the end of Poem Seven, how does the main character feel?
(d) Full of life.
6. What ties Poems Two, Three, Four, and Five in Sequence One together?
(a) The image of sorrow.
(b) The image of singing.
(c) The image of dancing.
(d) The image of laughter.
7. How does the narrator in Poem Seven tell her story?
(a) She uses poetic imagry.
(b) She foreshadowing.
(c) She uses illiteration.
(d) She compares and contrasts situations.
8. In Poem One, which character(s) say(s), "an put your hands on your hips/ an let your backbone slip"?
(a) The lady in blue.
(b) The lady in red.
(d) The lady in green.
9. Which character says, "are we ghouls?/ children of horror?/ the joke?"
(a) The lady in brown.
(b) The lady in orange.
(c) The lady in red.
(d) The lady in green.
10. What is the story in Poem Seven about?
11. Who does the character in Poem Seven say she could not have see her in her current situation?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her classmates.
(d) Her co-workers.
12. What is the second word spoken in Poem Seven?
13. How does the character in Poem Seven feel physically in her situation?
(a) She feels relaxed.
(b) She feels tired.
(c) She feels pain.
(d) She feels numb.
14. What do the characters ironically suggest in Poem Six?
(a) A women raped by someone she knows, asks for it.
(b) A pregnant teen has no morals.
(c) A battered woman is a weak woman.
(d) A failed marriage is always the woman's fault.
15. What event is Poem Two about?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) Graduation night.
(c) College acceptance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the main character in Poem Three react when she found out that her favorite musician was not going to be playing?
2. What similarities exist between the cities that each character says that they are from?
3. At the end of Poem One, what type of colored girls does the narrator say this play is for?
4. Based on Poem One, what is a major theme of the play?
5. How many characters run onto the stage at the beginning of For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)