|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the lady in green from?
(a) Outside Baltimore.
(b) Outside St. Louis.
(c) Outside Houston.
(d) Outside San Francisco.
2. What ties Poems Two, Three, Four, and Five in Sequence One together?
(a) The image of dancing.
(b) The image of laughter.
(c) The image of singing.
(d) The image of sorrow.
3. What does the main character in Poem Four make a list of?
(a) The things she looks for in a man.
(b) Places she would like to live.
(c) Some of the goals she has in life.
(d) The ways she loved her man.
4. Where is the lady in red from?
(a) Outside St. Louis.
(b) Outside Chicago.
(c) Outside San Francisco.
(d) Outside Baltimore.
5. In Poem Two, how does the poem's main character feel after she and her friends had a lot to drink, danced, and got sexy?
(a) "Totally immature."
(c) "Wonderfully free."
(d) "Finallly grown."
6. What do the characters ironically suggest in Poem Six?
(a) A pregnant teen has no morals.
(b) A women raped by someone she knows, asks for it.
(c) A battered woman is a weak woman.
(d) A failed marriage is always the woman's fault.
7. What does the narrator mean when she says, "dark phrases of womanhood/ of never havin been a girl/ half-notes scattered/ without rhythm" in Poem One?
(a) Her life is perfect.
(b) Her life is on track and very focused.
(c) Her life is scattered with no direction.
(d) She takes life seriously.
8. Who does the character in Poem Seven say she could not have see her in her current situation?
(a) Her co-workers.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her classmates.
(d) Her family.
9. Where is the lady in purple from?
(a) Outside San Francisco.
(b) Outside Houston.
(c) Outside Detroit.
(d) Outside Baltimore.
10. What does the main character in Poem Four read to the audience?
(a) A letter she left for her lover.
(b) A note that her mother left her.
(c) Her favorite poem about love.
(d) An entry from her diary.
11. What similarities exist between the cities that each character says that they are from?
(a) They are all state capitols.
(b) They are all urban cities in America.
(c) They are all in a depression.
(d) They are all on the east coast of the United States.
12. What is the second word spoken in Poem Seven?
13. Which one of these folk songs does the cast of the play sing in Poem One?
(a) "Miss Mary Mack."
(b) "Shortnin' Bread."
(c) "Ham Bone."
(d) "Jimmy James."
14. Which character relays the main narrative in Poem Four?
(a) The lady in purple.
(b) The lady in green.
(c) The lady in red.
(d) The lady in yellow.
15. What song plays at the start of Poem Six?
(a) "Shake Me Down."
(b) "Drive Me Crazy."
(c) "Cha Cha Cha."
(d) "Che Che Cole."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many characters run off stage after the lights change at the end of Poem Five?
2. Which character relays the main narrative in Poem Two?
3. Which character relays the main narrative in Poem Three?
4. What is Poem Six about?
5. Who does the lady in brown call to at the beginning of Poem One?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)