|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Early in Poem Three, what is the main character's favorite type of music?
(b) Rhythem and Blues.
(c) Latin music.
(d) Rock & Roll.
2. In Poem Six, which characters narrate the poem?
(a) The ladies in yellow, red, and green.
(b) The ladies in purple, brown, and red.
(c) The ladies in orange, green, and blue.
(d) The ladies in blue, red, and purple.
3. What do all of the characters in For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf have in common?
(a) They are all from the suburbs.
(b) They are all in their 20s.
(c) They are all women.
(d) They are all White.
4. How long was the marathon that the main character in Poem Three was attending?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 36 hours.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
5. What is the only way that the lady in orange says she can communicate at the beginning of Poem Five?
(a) Through poetry.
(b) Through singing.
(c) Through dancing.
(d) Through writing letters.
6. How many characters run onto the stage at the beginning of For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf?
7. What does the main character in Poem Three identify as her race/heritage?
(a) Mostly White with hints of Spanish.
(b) Mostly African American with hints of White.
(c) Mostly African American wih hints of Spanish.
(d) Mostly Spanish with hints of African American.
8. In Poem Three, what happened as a result of the main character's favorite musician not playing?
(a) She discovered different kinds of music.
(b) She stopped listening to worldly music.
(c) She never listened to that artist again.
(d) She learned to play an instrument.
9. Where is the lady in brown from?
(a) Outside San Francisco.
(b) Outside Detroit.
(c) Outside St. Louis.
(d) Outside Chicago.
10. What is the first word spoken in Poem Seven?
11. What similarities exist between the cities that each character says that they are from?
(a) They are all state capitols.
(b) They are all on the east coast of the United States.
(c) They are all urban cities in America.
(d) They are all in a depression.
12. Based on Poem One, what is a major theme of the play?
(b) Freedom through story-telling.
(c) An individual's relations to the gods.
13. What does the narrator mean when she says, "dark phrases of womanhood/ of never havin been a girl/ half-notes scattered/ without rhythm" in Poem One?
(a) She takes life seriously.
(b) Her life is perfect.
(c) Her life is on track and very focused.
(d) Her life is scattered with no direction.
14. In Poem Six, which character says, "pin-ups attached to the insides of his lapels"?
(a) The lady in brown.
(b) The lady in purple.
(c) The lady in green.
(d) The lady in orange.
15. Who does the main character In Poem Three run off to see?
(a) Celia Cruz.
(b) Carlos Santana.
(c) Tito Puente.
(d) Willie Colon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character(s) run off at the end of Poem Six?
2. In Sequence One, which character says, "forty poems 2 plants &3 handmade notecards i left/ town so i cd send to you have been no help to me/ on my job"?
3. In Poem Two, how does the poem's main character feel after she and her friends had a lot to drink, danced, and got sexy?
4. What game do the characters play at the end of the play?
5. What is the purpose of Poem One?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)