|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Poem One?
(b) No assistance.
(c) Dark phrases.
2. How did the main character in Poem Three react when she found out that her favorite musician was not going to be playing?
(a) She demanded to get her money back.
(b) She lost her temper.
(c) She tore up the musician's albums.
(d) She started to cry.
3. What does the main character in Poem Three identify as her race/heritage?
(a) Mostly African American with hints of White.
(b) Mostly White with hints of Spanish.
(c) Mostly Spanish with hints of African American.
(d) Mostly African American wih hints of Spanish.
4. Where is the lady in yellow from?
(a) Outside Detroit.
(b) Outside Houston.
(c) Outside San Francisco.
(d) Outside Chicago.
5. In Poem Two, how does the poem's main character feel after she and her friends had a lot to drink, danced, and got sexy?
(b) "Finallly grown."
(c) "Wonderfully free."
(d) "Totally immature."
6. How many characters run onto the stage at the beginning of For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf?
7. In Poem Two, what happened to the poem's main character the day after the party?
(a) She had a bad headache.
(b) She could not stop smiling.
(c) She was in a car accident.
(d) She could not find her glasses.
8. Which character(s) run off the stage after the start of Poem Seven?
(a) The ladies in red and green.
(b) The lady in green.
(c) The lady in purple.
(d) The ladies in blue and purple.
9. How does the narrator in Poem Seven tell her story?
(a) She compares and contrasts situations.
(b) She uses illiteration.
(c) She uses poetic imagry.
(d) She foreshadowing.
10. What song plays at the start of Poem Six?
(a) "Che Che Cole."
(b) "Drive Me Crazy."
(c) "Shake Me Down."
(d) "Cha Cha Cha."
11. What are the stage directions for all of the characters on stage at the end Poem Six?
(a) The characters are all hit by an imaginary slap.
(b) The characters dance to the music.
(c) The characters run to one side of the stage.
(d) The characters fall to the floor.
12. What is the last line of Poem Seven?
(a) waznt no need for colored folks to bear no cross at all.
(b) & we are left with scars.
(c) i just cdnt stop grinnin.
(d) once i waz pregnant & shamed of myself.
13. Where is the lady in brown from?
(a) Outside San Francisco.
(b) Outside Chicago.
(c) Outside St. Louis.
(d) Outside Detroit.
14. Early in Poem Three, what is the main character's favorite type of music?
(a) Rock & Roll.
(c) Rhythem and Blues.
(d) Latin music.
15. Which character(s) run off at the end of Poem Six?
(a) The lady in red.
(b) The ladies in purple and orange.
(c) The ladies in green and red.
(d) The lady in orange.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Poem Six about?
2. What is the only way that the lady in orange says she can communicate at the beginning of Poem Five?
3. What do the characters ironically suggest in Poem Six?
4. Which character relays the main narrative in Poem Two?
5. What similarities exist between the cities that each character says that they are from?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)