|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the other character's speak in Poem Two, what do they comment on?
(a) Their memories of baptism.
(b) Their favorite New Year's Eve.
(c) The fun they had in high school.
(d) Their sexual experiences.
2. Which character relays the main narrative in Poem Two?
(a) The lady in red.
(b) The lady in green.
(c) The lady in yellow.
(d) The lady in purple.
3. What does the main character in Poem Four read to the audience?
(a) Her favorite poem about love.
(b) A note that her mother left her.
(c) A letter she left for her lover.
(d) An entry from her diary.
4. What similarities exist between the cities that each character says that they are from?
(a) They are all on the east coast of the United States.
(b) They are all in a depression.
(c) They are all urban cities in America.
(d) They are all state capitols.
5. What topic is mentioned in Poem Two that leads the reader into the next poem?
(a) Latin dances.
6. Where is the lady in red from?
(a) Outside St. Louis.
(b) Outside San Francisco.
(c) Outside Chicago.
(d) Outside Baltimore.
7. How does the character in Poem Seven feel mentally about her situation?
(a) She feels sad.
(b) She feel anxious.
(c) She feels happy.
(d) She feels shameful.
8. What song plays at the beginning of Poem Two?
(a) "What's Going On."
(b) "A,B,C, 1,2,3."
(c) "Dancing in the Streets."
(d) "Stop in the Name of Love."
9. In Poem Six, which character says, "pin-ups attached to the insides of his lapels"?
(a) The lady in brown.
(b) The lady in green.
(c) The lady in purple.
(d) The lady in orange.
10. What is the first word spoken in Poem Seven?
11. What is the race of the characters in For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf?
(a) African American.
(b) White American.
(d) Asian American.
12. What are the stage directions for all of the characters on stage at the end Poem Six?
(a) The characters run to one side of the stage.
(b) The characters dance to the music.
(c) The characters fall to the floor.
(d) The characters are all hit by an imaginary slap.
13. What ties Poems Six and Seven in Sequence Two together?
(a) Images of violence.
(b) Images of greed.
(c) Images of happiness.
(d) Images of sadness.
14. Who is the artist that sings the song at the start of Poem Six?
(a) Carlos Santana.
(b) The Dells.
(c) Martha and the Vandellas.
(d) Willie Colon.
15. What is the setting of this work?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Poem One, what type of colored girls does the narrator say this play is for?
2. Which character says, "are we ghouls?/ children of horror?/ the joke?"
3. In Poem Two, how does the poem's main character feel after she and her friends had a lot to drink, danced, and got sexy?
4. Who is the last character to speak in Poem One?
5. Which character relays the main narrative in Poem Four?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)