|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the main character in Poem Three react when she found out that her favorite musician was not going to be playing?
(a) She tore up the musician's albums.
(b) She lost her temper.
(c) She demanded to get her money back.
(d) She started to cry.
2. What is the second word spoken in Poem Seven?
3. What does the main character in Poem Four decide to do as a result of her relationship?
(a) She decides to move in with her mother.
(b) She decides to get a divorce.
(c) She decides to leave.
(d) She decides to stay.
4. Which character relays the main narrative in Poem Three?
(a) The lady in purple.
(b) The lady in yellow.
(c) The lady in blue.
(d) The lady in green.
5. In Poem Seven, which character says,"tubes tables white washed windows/ grime from age wiped over once"?
(a) The lady in blue.
(b) The lady in yellow.
(c) The lady in orange.
(d) The lady in brown.
6. In Poem Three, what happened as a result of the main character's favorite musician not playing?
(a) She learned to play an instrument.
(b) She never listened to that artist again.
(c) She discovered different kinds of music.
(d) She stopped listening to worldly music.
7. What is the story in Poem Seven about?
8. Based on Poem One, what is a major theme of the play?
(c) An individual's relations to the gods.
(d) Freedom through story-telling.
9. Where is the lady in orange from?
(a) Outside Baltimore.
(b) Outside Chicago.
(c) Outside Houston.
(d) Outside St. Louis.
10. What is the first word spoken in Poem Seven?
11. What does each character do before anyone starts to speak?
(a) Dances to a popular song.
(b) Runs on stage and falls on the floor.
(c) Sings a popular song.
(d) Runs on stage and freezes in a position of distress.
12. How does the main character in Poem Four refer to her relationship with her former boyfriend?
(a) "A last chance."
(b) "An experiment."
(c) "A test."
(d) "A crash course in love."
13. Who is with the main character in Poem Seven as she is relaying what is happening to her?
(a) Her friends,
(b) No one.
(c) Her dog.
(d) Her family.
14. What does the main character in Poem Three identify as her race/heritage?
(a) Mostly African American wih hints of Spanish.
(b) Mostly African American with hints of White.
(c) Mostly White with hints of Spanish.
(d) Mostly Spanish with hints of African American.
15. How many characters run off stage after the lights change at the end of Poem Five?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the main character In Poem Three run off to see?
2. Who is the first person to speak in the play?
3. In Poem Six, which character says,"these men friends of ours/ who smile nice/ stay employed/ and take us out to dinner"?
4. In Poem Six, which character says, "pin-ups attached to the insides of his lapels"?
5. In Poem Two, how does the poem's main character feel after she and her friends had a lot to drink, danced, and got sexy?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)