|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Poem Six say has changed about the social circles in which women seek companionship?
(a) Women can now meet rapists.
(b) Women can now meet more courtly gentlemen.
(c) Women can now meet other women.
(d) Women can now get in for free.
2. How did the main character in Poem Three react when she found out that her favorite musician was not going to be playing?
(a) She tore up the musician's albums.
(b) She demanded to get her money back.
(c) She started to cry.
(d) She lost her temper.
3. What did the main character in Poem Four discover as a result of her relationship?
(a) She can't stand not being wanted.
(b) She can't stand Black men.
(c) She can't stand not being married.
(d) She can't stand living alone.
4. Which character(s) run off at the end of Poem Six?
(a) The ladies in green and red.
(b) The lady in red.
(c) The lady in orange.
(d) The ladies in purple and orange.
5. In Sequence One, which character says, "sneakin in under age to slug's/ to stare ata real 'artiste'/ & every word outta imamu's mouth waz gospel"?
(a) The lady in green.
(b) The lady in blue.
(c) The lady in red.
(d) The lady in yellow.
6. What is the second word spoken in Poem Seven?
7. What do the remainder of the characters say in Poem Five keeps them from crying and dying?
8. In Poem One, which character says, "and this is for colored girls who have considered suicide/but moved to the end of their own rainbows"?
(a) The lady in yellow.
(b) The lady in blue.
(c) The lady in brown.
(d) The lady in purple.
9. Where is the lady in brown from?
(a) Outside Detroit.
(b) Outside San Francisco.
(c) Outside Chicago.
(d) Outside St. Louis.
10. How does the main character in Poem Four refer to her relationship with her former boyfriend?
(a) "A crash course in love."
(b) "A last chance."
(c) "A test."
(d) "An experiment."
11. What topic is mentioned in Poem Two that leads the reader into the next poem?
(d) Latin dances.
12. How does the character in Poem Seven feel mentally about her situation?
(a) She feels happy.
(b) She feels shameful.
(c) She feels sad.
(d) She feel anxious.
13. Who is with the main character in Poem Seven as she is relaying what is happening to her?
(a) No one.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her dog.
(d) Her friends,
14. In Poem Two, where does the poem's main character go with the guy she met at the party?
(a) To a friend's house down the street.
(b) To his house down the street.
(c) To his Buick in the parking lot.
(d) To a swing on the back porch.
15. What type of literary work is For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf?
(a) A fictional novel.
(b) A choreopoem.
(c) A play.
(d) A nonfiction novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the artist that sings the song at the start of Poem Six?
2. In Poem Seven, which character says,"tubes tables white washed windows/ grime from age wiped over once"?
3. In Poem Three, what happened as a result of the main character's favorite musician not playing?
4. What ties Poems Six and Seven in Sequence Two together?
5. What does the main character in Poem Four make a list of?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)