|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first word spoken in Poem Seven?
2. In Sequence One, which character says, "forty poems 2 plants &3 handmade notecards i left/ town so i cd send to you have been no help to me/ on my job"?
(a) The ladty in red.
(b) The lady in green.
(c) The lady in yellow.
(d) The lady blue.
3. Based on Poem One, what is a major theme of the play?
(b) Freedom through story-telling.
(d) An individual's relations to the gods.
4. What ties Poems Six and Seven in Sequence Two together?
(a) Images of violence.
(b) Images of greed.
(c) Images of sadness.
(d) Images of happiness.
5. Where is the lady in purple from?
(a) Outside Houston.
(b) Outside Detroit.
(c) Outside Baltimore.
(d) Outside San Francisco.
6. Which one of these folk songs does the cast of the play sing in Poem One?
(a) "Rollercoaster Ride."
(b) "Little Sally Walker."
(c) "Riding Down the River."
(d) "Shake It Shimmy."
7. Who is the artist that sings the song at the start of Poem Six?
(a) Carlos Santana.
(b) The Dells.
(c) Willie Colon.
(d) Martha and the Vandellas.
8. How many characters run onto the stage at the beginning of For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf?
9. What is the last line of Poem Seven?
(a) once i waz pregnant & shamed of myself.
(b) i just cdnt stop grinnin.
(c) & we are left with scars.
(d) waznt no need for colored folks to bear no cross at all.
10. What similarities exist between the cities that each character says that they are from?
(a) They are all in a depression.
(b) They are all urban cities in America.
(c) They are all on the east coast of the United States.
(d) They are all state capitols.
11. Which character says, "are we ghouls?/ children of horror?/ the joke?"
(a) The lady in red.
(b) The lady in brown.
(c) The lady in orange.
(d) The lady in green.
12. At the end of Poem Seven, how does the main character feel?
(d) Full of life.
13. Where is the lady in red from?
(a) Outside Baltimore.
(b) Outside San Francisco.
(c) Outside Chicago.
(d) Outside St. Louis.
14. What event is Poem Two about?
(a) Graduation night.
(b) College acceptance.
(c) New Year's Eve.
15. Where is the lady in green from?
(a) Outside St. Louis.
(b) Outside Baltimore.
(c) Outside Houston.
(d) Outside San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game do the characters play at the end of the play?
2. What is the title of Poem One?
3. At the end of Poem One, what type of colored girls does the narrator say this play is for?
4. What does the lady in orange do at the end of Poem Four?
5. In Poem Two, what happened to the poem's main character the day after the party?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)