|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sequence One, which character says, "sneakin in under age to slug's/ to stare ata real 'artiste'/ & every word outta imamu's mouth waz gospel"?
(a) The lady in blue.
(b) The lady in red.
(c) The lady in green.
(d) The lady in yellow.
2. What topic is mentioned in Poem Two that leads the reader into the next poem?
(c) Latin dances.
3. Early in Poem Three, what is the main character's favorite type of music?
(a) Rhythem and Blues.
(b) Latin music.
(d) Rock & Roll.
4. What is the title of Poem One?
(a) No assistance.
(d) Dark phrases.
5. What does the lady in orange do at the end of Poem Four?
(a) She recaps what happened earlier in the poem.
(b) She talks to the audience about love.
(c) She convinces the main character to leave her man.
(d) She reads her own letter to a man that she can't talk to anymore.
6. In Poem Three, how old was the main character when she ran off?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 13 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 16 years old.
7. Where is the lady in brown from?
(a) Outside San Francisco.
(b) Outside Chicago.
(c) Outside St. Louis.
(d) Outside Detroit.
8. Who does the character in Poem Seven say she could not have see her in her current situation?
(a) Her co-workers.
(b) Her classmates.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her friends.
9. What is Poem Six about?
10. What does the main character in Poem Three identify as her race/heritage?
(a) Mostly White with hints of Spanish.
(b) Mostly Spanish with hints of African American.
(c) Mostly African American with hints of White.
(d) Mostly African American wih hints of Spanish.
11. What type of literary work is For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf?
(a) A choreopoem.
(b) A play.
(c) A nonfiction novel.
(d) A fictional novel.
12. At the end of Poem One, what type of colored girls does the narrator say this play is for?
(a) Those who have created their own rainbow.
(b) Those who have found refuge in a new rainbow.
(c) Those who have moved to the ends of their own rainbow.
(d) Those who have abandoned their rainbow.
13. Who is the first person to speak in the play?
(a) The lady in brown.
(b) The lady in orange.
(c) The lady in red.
(d) The lady in green.
14. What is the second word spoken in Poem Seven?
15. Who is with the main character in Poem Seven as she is relaying what is happening to her?
(a) Her dog.
(b) No one.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her friends,
Short Answer Questions
1. What ties Poems Two, Three, Four, and Five in Sequence One together?
2. What song plays at the start of Poem Six?
3. In Poem Six, which character says, "pin-ups attached to the insides of his lapels"?
4. In Poem Two, where does the poem's main character go with the guy she met at the party?
5. What did the main character in Poem Four discover as a result of her relationship?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)