|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the characters ironically suggest in Poem Six?
(a) A failed marriage is always the woman's fault.
(b) A battered woman is a weak woman.
(c) A women raped by someone she knows, asks for it.
(d) A pregnant teen has no morals.
2. Who does the character in Poem Seven say she could not have see her in her current situation?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her classmates.
(c) Her co-workers.
(d) Her friends.
3. What event is Poem Two about?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) College acceptance.
(d) Graduation night.
4. How many characters run off stage after the lights change at the end of Poem Five?
5. What song plays at the start of Poem Six?
(a) "Cha Cha Cha."
(b) "Che Che Cole."
(c) "Shake Me Down."
(d) "Drive Me Crazy."
6. How does the main character in Poem Four refer to her relationship with her former boyfriend?
(a) "A last chance."
(b) "A crash course in love."
(c) "An experiment."
(d) "A test."
7. What ties Poems Six and Seven in Sequence Two together?
(a) Images of violence.
(b) Images of greed.
(c) Images of happiness.
(d) Images of sadness.
8. How many characters run onto the stage at the beginning of For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf?
9. What does each character do before anyone starts to speak?
(a) Runs on stage and freezes in a position of distress.
(b) Sings a popular song.
(c) Runs on stage and falls on the floor.
(d) Dances to a popular song.
10. In Sequence One, which character says, "sneakin in under age to slug's/ to stare ata real 'artiste'/ & every word outta imamu's mouth waz gospel"?
(a) The lady in red.
(b) The lady in green.
(c) The lady in blue.
(d) The lady in yellow.
11. In Poem Six, which character says,"these men friends of ours/ who smile nice/ stay employed/ and take us out to dinner"?
(a) The lady in brown.
(b) The lady in purple.
(c) The lady in green.
(d) The lady in red.
12. What are the stage directions for all of the characters on stage at the end Poem Six?
(a) The characters run to one side of the stage.
(b) The characters are all hit by an imaginary slap.
(c) The characters dance to the music.
(d) The characters fall to the floor.
13. At the end of Poem Seven, how does the main character feel?
(c) Full of life.
14. Who is the artist that sings the song at the start of Poem Six?
(a) Willie Colon.
(b) The Dells.
(c) Martha and the Vandellas.
(d) Carlos Santana.
15. In Poem Two, how does the poem's main character feel after she and her friends had a lot to drink, danced, and got sexy?
(b) "Totally immature."
(c) "Finallly grown."
(d) "Wonderfully free."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second word spoken in Poem Seven?
2. When the other character's speak in Poem Two, what do they comment on?
3. What do the remainder of the characters say in Poem Five keeps them from crying and dying?
4. What does the lady in orange do at the end of Poem Four?
5. How long was the marathon that the main character in Poem Three was attending?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)