|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Finale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Poem Fourteen, how does the narrator describe pleasuring herself through thought?
2. What type of literary work is For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf?
(a) A fictional novel.
(b) A nonfiction novel.
(c) A choreopoem.
(d) A play.
3. What does the main character in Poem Four read to the audience?
(a) Her favorite poem about love.
(b) A letter she left for her lover.
(c) An entry from her diary.
(d) A note that her mother left her.
4. What is Beau's full name in Poem Nineteen?
(a) Brandon Best.
(b) Willie Brown.
(c) Jerome Smalls.
(d) James Johnson.
5. What do the characters ironically suggest in Poem Six?
(a) A failed marriage is always the woman's fault.
(b) A pregnant teen has no morals.
(c) A battered woman is a weak woman.
(d) A women raped by someone she knows, asks for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which colorful character from the play represents the main character in the story portrayed through Poem Eight?
2. At the start of the finale, which is not one of the phrases used to describe what the characters say was missing?
3. According to Poem Ten, at what time do women from Louisiana shell peas?
4. What does Poem Six say has changed about the social circles in which women seek companionship?
5. What does the main character in Poem Four make a list of?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)