|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sequence Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the other character's speak in Poem Two, what do they comment on?
(a) Their sexual experiences.
(b) Their favorite New Year's Eve.
(c) The fun they had in high school.
(d) Their memories of baptism.
2. In Poem Nine, why was the main character disqualified from a contest that she entered to see which child could read the most books?
(a) Because she was reading adult books.
(b) Because she did not read enough books.
(c) Because she did not complete the registration form correctly.
(d) Because she was African American.
3. At the end of poem sequence four, which character dances and wakes up the other characters from their frozen state?
(a) The lady in green.
(b) The lady in yellow.
(c) The lady in blue.
(d) The lady in red.
4. What event occurred that made the narrator of Poem Thirteen change the way that she danced?
(a) Her boyfriend broke up with her.
(b) She met a new man at the bar.
(c) She saw the woman that her man left her for.
(d) She found out her man was cheating on her.
5. What themes are the poems in Sequence Four built around?
(a) Fear and Power.
(b) Long lost love.
(c) Pain and misery.
(d) Love and relationships.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Poem Three, how old was the main character when she ran off?
2. What is the only way that the lady in orange says she can communicate at the beginning of Poem Five?
3. What ties Poems Six and Seven in Sequence Two together?
4. Who narrates the story in Poem Twelve?
5. Who is the artist that sings the song at the start of Poem Six?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)