|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sequence Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the last character to speak in Poem One?
(a) The lady in green.
(b) The lady in purple.
(c) The lady in brown.
(d) The lady in red.
2. What do all of the characters in For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf have in common?
(a) They are all White.
(b) They are all in their 20s.
(c) They are all women.
(d) They are all from the suburbs.
3. What are the stage directions for all of the characters on stage at the end Poem Six?
(a) The characters fall to the floor.
(b) The characters dance to the music.
(c) The characters run to one side of the stage.
(d) The characters are all hit by an imaginary slap.
4. Who is the artist that sings the song at the start of Poem Six?
(a) Carlos Santana.
(b) Willie Colon.
(c) Martha and the Vandellas.
(d) The Dells.
5. What did the main character in Poem Four discover as a result of her relationship?
(a) She can't stand not being married.
(b) She can't stand not being wanted.
(c) She can't stand Black men.
(d) She can't stand living alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Poem Fourteen, what does the narrator say she lacks in order to look for love?
2. Who does the narrator in Poem Fifteen suggest that black women should act like?
3. What is the title of Poem One?
4. Early in Poem Three, what is the main character's favorite type of music?
5. What feels strange to the narrator of Poem Thirteen?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)