|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sequence Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Poem Three, what happened as a result of the main character's favorite musician not playing?
(a) She never listened to that artist again.
(b) She discovered different kinds of music.
(c) She stopped listening to worldly music.
(d) She learned to play an instrument.
2. What do the characters ironically suggest in Poem Six?
(a) A pregnant teen has no morals.
(b) A women raped by someone she knows, asks for it.
(c) A battered woman is a weak woman.
(d) A failed marriage is always the woman's fault.
3. In Poem Six, which character says, "pin-ups attached to the insides of his lapels"?
(a) The lady in purple.
(b) The lady in brown.
(c) The lady in orange.
(d) The lady in green.
4. Who does the main character in Poem Nine meet at the docks?
(a) Toussaint Jones.
(b) Toussaint L'Ouverture.
(c) Ramsey Armstrong.
(d) James Baldwin.
5. In Poem Seven, which character says,"tubes tables white washed windows/ grime from age wiped over once"?
(a) The lady in brown.
(b) The lady in orange.
(c) The lady in blue.
(d) The lady in yellow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Poem Six about?
2. What does the main character in Poem Three identify as her race/heritage?
3. In Poem Six, which character says,"these men friends of ours/ who smile nice/ stay employed/ and take us out to dinner"?
4. What event is Poem Two about?
5. Which character(s) run off at the end of Poem Six?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)