|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sequence Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the women act towards each other at the end of the Poem Twelve?
(a) Like they were enemies.
(b) Like they were sisters.
(c) Like they were cousins.
(d) Like they were friends.
2. Where is the lady in yellow from?
(a) Outside Chicago.
(b) Outside Detroit.
(c) Outside San Francisco.
(d) Outside Houston.
3. In Poem Three, how old was the main character when she ran off?
(a) 13 years old.
(b) 16 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
4. Which one of these folk songs does the cast of the play sing in Poem One?
(a) "Shake It Shimmy."
(b) "Little Sally Walker."
(c) "Riding Down the River."
(d) "Rollercoaster Ride."
5. How are the ladies in blue, yellow, purple, and orange dancing at the start of Sequence Four?
(a) Like they are flying in the sky.
(b) Like they are drowning in water.
(c) Like they are catching a disease.
(d) Like they are chocking.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Poem One, which character says, "dark phrases of womanhood/of never havin been a girl"?
2. What dilemmas does the narrator in Poem Sixteen believe she is caught up in?
3. In Poem Eleven, how does the narrator describe her current universe at the end of the poem?
4. What is Poem Fourteen about?
5. Who is with the main character in Poem Seven as she is relaying what is happening to her?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)