|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sequence Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of this work?
2. Which character relays the main narrative in Poem Four?
(a) The lady in purple.
(b) The lady in yellow.
(c) The lady in green.
(d) The lady in red.
3. What is the only way that the lady in orange says she can communicate at the beginning of Poem Five?
(a) Through writing letters.
(b) Through dancing.
(c) Through poetry.
(d) Through singing.
4. In Poem Seven, which character says,"tubes tables white washed windows/ grime from age wiped over once"?
(a) The lady in orange.
(b) The lady in brown.
(c) The lady in blue.
(d) The lady in yellow.
5. At the end of Poem One, what type of colored girls does the narrator say this play is for?
(a) Those who have abandoned their rainbow.
(b) Those who have moved to the ends of their own rainbow.
(c) Those who have created their own rainbow.
(d) Those who have found refuge in a new rainbow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the lady in red from?
2. How does the narrator in Poem Seven tell her story?
3. Who does the character in Poem Seven say she could not have see her in her current situation?
4. Which one of these folk songs does the cast of the play sing in Poem One?
5. In Poem Six, which character says,"these men friends of ours/ who smile nice/ stay employed/ and take us out to dinner"?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)