|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sequence Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the other character's speak in Poem Two, what do they comment on?
(a) Their memories of baptism.
(b) Their favorite New Year's Eve.
(c) The fun they had in high school.
(d) Their sexual experiences.
2. In Poem Two, how does the poem's main character feel after she and her friends had a lot to drink, danced, and got sexy?
(a) "Wonderfully free."
(b) "Totally immature."
(d) "Finallly grown."
3. In Poem Three, how old was the main character when she ran off?
(a) 16 years old.
(b) 13 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
4. What do the remainder of the characters say in Poem Five keeps them from crying and dying?
5. What does the narrator mean when she says, "dark phrases of womanhood/ of never havin been a girl/ half-notes scattered/ without rhythm" in Poem One?
(a) Her life is scattered with no direction.
(b) Her life is on track and very focused.
(c) Her life is perfect.
(d) She takes life seriously.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song plays at the beginning of Poem Two?
2. In Poem Six, which character says, "pin-ups attached to the insides of his lapels"?
3. Which character relays the main narrative in Poem Three?
4. How do the women act towards each other at the end of the Poem Twelve?
5. What event is Poem Two about?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)