|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sequence Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Poem Two, where does the poem's main character go with the guy she met at the party?
(a) To his house down the street.
(b) To a swing on the back porch.
(c) To a friend's house down the street.
(d) To his Buick in the parking lot.
2. Which character tells the story in Poem Eight?
(a) The lady in orange.
(b) The lady in yellow.
(c) The lady in brown.
(d) The lady in green.
3. Who does the main character in Poem Nine discover when she starts reading books from the adult section of the library?
(a) Geroge Washington Carver.
(b) Malcolm X.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Toussaint L'Ouverture.
4. What happens when Beau keeps trying to get funding to pay for school in Poem Nineteen?
(a) He cannot get any money.
(b) He enrolls in advanced classes.
(c) He does not register for classes.
(d) He gets placed in remedial classes.
5. Who takes the "stuff" in Poem Seventeen?
(a) The narrator's lover.
(b) The narrator's son.
(c) A stranger,
(d) A friend of the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the main character in Poem Three react when she found out that her favorite musician was not going to be playing?
2. What song plays at the beginning of Poem Two?
3. What is the title of Poem Eighteen?
4. What does Beau threaten to do if the main character does not marry him in Poem Nineteen?
5. Who does the main character in Poem Eighteen speak with in the poem?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)