|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sequence Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only way that the lady in orange says she can communicate at the beginning of Poem Five?
(a) Through singing.
(b) Through writing letters.
(c) Through dancing.
(d) Through poetry.
2. In Poem Two, where does the poem's main character go with the guy she met at the party?
(a) To his Buick in the parking lot.
(b) To a friend's house down the street.
(c) To a swing on the back porch.
(d) To his house down the street.
3. Who narrates the story in Poem Twelve?
(a) The lady in green.
(b) The lady in red.
(c) The lady in purple.
(d) The lady in blue.
4. At the end of Poem Eighteen, what suggestion does the narrator make to the person with whom she is speaking with?
(a) Never say "I'm sorry."
(b) Admit shortcomings up front.
(c) Be careful who you fall in love with.
(d) Stop cheating with women that she knows.
5. In Poem Two, what happened to the poem's main character the day after the party?
(a) She was in a car accident.
(b) She had a bad headache.
(c) She could not find her glasses.
(d) She could not stop smiling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator referring to when she references her "stuff"?
2. What words are the focus in Poem Eighteen?
3. What does the main character in Poem Four make a list of?
4. In Poem Nine, why was the main character disqualified from a contest that she entered to see which child could read the most books?
5. What do the remainder of the characters say in Poem Five keeps them from crying and dying?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)