|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cottrell did what to warn people about the shark?
(a) He posted a warning as his Facebook status.
(b) He telephoned everyone he knew.
(c) He steered his motorboat up and down the creek.
(d) He posted signs to stay out of the water.
2. Coppleson cited the North Atlantic attacks of 1916 as those of a rogue shark, even though many American experts maintained what belief?
(a) The swimmers drowned.
(b) The deaths of the swimmers were not caused by sharks.
(c) The deaths of the swimmers were caused by a shark that could not be considered a rogue shark.
(d) The deaths of the swimmers were caused by orcas.
3. Suddenly, Joseph was being pulled down by his leg. His brother Michael and a rescuer, Jacob Lefferts, both leaped in the water and tried to wrest Joseph from the shark's mouth. They were able to pull Joseph out and onto whose boat?
(b) Captain Cottrell's.
(d) Renny Cartan's.
4. The great white can grow to _____________ feet or more and weigh several tons.
5. Scientists have recently theorized that shark attacks may be caused by what?
(a) Changes in coastal water temperatures.
(b) Lack of food.
(c) More humans in the water.
(d) Sick sharks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fisher immediately closed his ____________ shop and ran to the creek.
2. _______ Craven, walking along the bank of the creek, had just about given up on the shark when he saw something bobbing in the water. It was Lester.
3. What did Fisher set up so the boy's body wouldn't wash out to sea?
4. Dr. Herbert Cooley at Keyport tended to Joseph when he was brought ashore. Joseph's ______________ received a large bite. The doctor treated the wound and had Joseph rushed to the hospital.
5. Renny jumped in the cool, dark waters but soon had what sensation?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)