|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Fisher set up so the boy's body wouldn't wash out to sea?
(a) A patrol of men to look for the body.
(b) A cage to catch the body.
(c) A barrier of chicken wire down creek.
(d) A dam made from wood.
2. Fisher immediately closed his ____________ shop and ran to the creek.
3. ___________________ of sharks were hunted down and slaughtered.
(d) Tens of thousands.
4. Much to Everingham's surprise, what did he see?
(a) A large orca speed right toward his boat.
(b) A small dolphin speed right toward his boat.
(d) A gray fin cut the surface and speed right toward his boat.
5. The great white can grow to _____________ feet or more and weigh several tons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was this bay located?
2. He was finally able to get away from it and was carrying what was left of Lester to the shore when what happened?
3. Men all over the region were reaching for their rifles and harpoons to hunt the beast down and kill it. A _______________ dollar reward was offered by the mayor of Matawan for the person who killed it.
4. Why is it difficult to catch serial-killing man-eating sharks?
5. By Saturday, July 15, Coney Island and Brighton Beach had lost an estimated __________________ beach goers, replaced by gangs of men armed with guns and spears bent on killing sharks.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)