|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fisher immediately closed his ____________ shop and ran to the creek.
2. Coppleson based his theory on the incidence of shark attacks that occurred when?
(a) After the advent of the sailboat in 1919.
(b) After the advent of the swimsuit in 1919.
(c) After the advent of swimming competitions in 1919.
(d) After the advent of the sport of surfing in 1919.
3. The shark withstood the vengeance of man and days enduring life-threatening fresh water and made its way to ______________ Bay.
4. Most of the flesh on Fisher's thigh from his hip to his knee was gone. When a doctor was finally rounded up, he observed that the bone was not severed but his ____________ artery was bleeding profusely.
5. ___________________ of sharks were hunted down and slaughtered.
(a) Tens of thousands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lucas had sent whom to the scene of the shark attack on Charles Bruder?
2. What had drawn the shark?
3. What was done to keep swimmers safe in the Asbury Park area?
4. A lunar eclipse would be occurring on July _______ that year.
5. How was Fisher able to fight against the shark?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a rogue shark? How did this term come about?
2. To what animal is a shark compared? How is this belief supported?
3. What had occurred by July 9th? Why?
4. After the attack on Charles Bruder, what happened to the news regarding the shark? Why did this happen?
5. What happened to both Joseph and Stanley Fisher?
6. What did Lucas and others think about the idea of man-eating sharks? How did they support this belief?
7. If the shark was near the shark-patrol boat, why were they unable to catch it or shoot it?
8. How did the boys react to Lester Stilwell being pull under by the shark? Was this a good idea? Why or why not?
9. Describe the health of the average great white. How does this compare to the juvenile shark that attacked in 1916?
10. What might have drawn the shark to the shark-patrol boat? Why?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)