|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The shark could have been reacting to the lunar pull, which caused what?
(a) The water to be warm.
(b) Low tides running out of the creek.
(c) High tides running up even into the creek.
(d) The fresh water to leak out to the ocean.
2. When the attacks stopped, Coppleson took it as what evidence?
(a) The sharks had all been killed.
(b) The sharks were no longer interested in attacking humans.
(c) There were less humans in the water.
(d) The attacks were by the same rogue shark that had either died or moved on.
3. As the shark-patrol steered its motorboats back and forth, hunting for the shark, the shark was doing what?
(a) Heading north.
(b) Hunting for humans.
(c) Heading south.
(d) Picking up the many vibrations and sensations that the boats were causing.
4. Just before they gave up, Fisher decided to dive one more time. He resurfaced and told Lester's waiting parents and the others what?
(a) He could not find the boy.
(b) The boy was still alive.
(c) He had been attacked.
(d) He found the boy.
5. Lucas had sent whom to the scene of the shark attack on Charles Bruder?
(a) Dr. Neergaard.
(b) Dr. Johnson.
(c) Dr. Nichols.
(d) Dr. Smith.
6. The shark hunters spotted what and shot at it repeatedly?
(a) A dark spot in the water.
(b) A school of fish.
(c) A large fin.
(d) A red spot in the water.
7. What was wrong with the North Atlantic region for the shark?
(a) It had too many animals from which to choose.
(b) It was very warm.
(c) It was very cold.
(d) It did not offer him many food choices.
8. Dr. Herbert Cooley at Keyport tended to Joseph when he was brought ashore. Joseph's ______________ received a large bite. The doctor treated the wound and had Joseph rushed to the hospital.
(a) Thigh muscle.
(b) Arm muscle.
(c) Neck muscle.
(d) Calf muscle.
9. The reporters had endless questions about what?
(a) Sea creatures.
(c) Man-eating sharks.
(d) Attacks on humans by animals.
10. What was Benjamin Everingham doing in the Asbury Avenue beach area?
(b) Building barriers.
(c) Warning swimmers.
11. The shark withstood the vengeance of man and days enduring life-threatening fresh water and made its way to ______________ Bay.
12. Where was this bay located?
(a) Between Manhattan and the Bronx.
(b) Between New Jersey and Staten Island.
(c) Between New Jersey and Manhattan.
(d) Between Queens and Brooklyn.
13. In most cases, white sharks dislike the taste of humans and do what?
(a) Avoid them.
(b) Eat them quickly.
(c) Spit them out.
(d) Eat them anyway.
14. An influx of salt water to the creek did what?
(a) Confused the shark.
(b) It helped give the shark new life.
(c) Forced the shark to enter the creek.
(d) Made the shark ill.
15. _______ Craven, walking along the bank of the creek, had just about given up on the shark when he saw something bobbing in the water. It was Lester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lester Stilwell left his job in _________________ and met his friends at the creek.
2. In New York City, some newspaper reporters visited whose office?
3. Most of the flesh on Fisher's thigh from his hip to his knee was gone. When a doctor was finally rounded up, he observed that the bone was not severed but his ____________ artery was bleeding profusely.
4. Why did the other boys not believe something hit Renny in the water?
5. ________________ were strapped to the boats as gunmen stood waiting for the shark to surface.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)