|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fisher and fisherman George _________________ made repeated dives into the murky water but could not find Lester.
2. The attack made the ________________ in the newspapers.
(b) Back pages.
(c) Middle pages.
(d) Second pages.
3. The men began launching ________________ in various parts of the creek.
(c) Tear gas canisters.
(d) Dynamite blasts.
4. The men thought once the shark was killed, it would do what?
(b) Go out to sea.
5. Why might the shark not have been hungry for a short while?
(a) It was ill.
(b) It had digested human body parts.
(c) It may have been storing parts of the two men it had half-eaten, much like a camel stores water.
(d) It did not like the taste of humans.
6. The next morning, retired ______________ Thomas V. Cottrell was walking along the bank of the creek.
(a) Navy Seal.
(b) Sea Captain.
(c) Police Officer.
(d) Army Sergeant.
7. ________________ were strapped to the boats as gunmen stood waiting for the shark to surface.
(b) Chunks of meat.
(c) Red pieces of fabric.
(d) Pieces of Bruder's clothing.
8. The ____________________ sensationalized the incident by describing in detail the gore of the attack.
(a) New Yorker.
(b) New York Post.
(c) AM New York program.
(d) New York Times.
9. Confused by the coastline, the shark swam into the mouth of what creek?
(a) Flint Creek.
(b) Indian Creek.
(c) Muscogee Creek.
(d) Matawan Creek.
10. The shark craved large mammals rich with what?
11. Why is it difficult to catch serial-killing man-eating sharks?
(a) The water conceals their crimes and aids in their escape.
(b) These sharks are very intelligent and devious.
(c) The sharks are shy.
(d) Men do not know much about sea creatures.
12. A lunar eclipse would be occurring on July _______ that year.
13. What did the shark do to Renny?
(a) It nipped him.
(b) It bumped into him.
(c) It bit him.
(d) It smelled him.
14. What were placed at the mouth of the creek so the shark could not escape?
(c) Metal cages.
(d) Wire nets.
15. There was a report of a thirteen-foot tiger shark that was towed ashore while still alive regurgitating, among other items, what?
(a) A rubber tire.
(b) A well-preserved human arm.
(c) A small school of fish.
(d) A squid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nichols still maintained that an orca was responsible for the attacks. He soon realized that what would not accommodate a killer whale?
2. How did Everingham attempt to protect himself?
3. What happened to the animal at which they shot?
4. Joseph Dunn, his brother Michael and their friend Jerry Hollohan in __________________, a community downstream from the town of Matawan, had missed the warnings and cut through the woods for a quick swim in the creek.
5. The beating with the oar and the gunshots had, like some old-time fishermen predicted, probably done what?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)