|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Reggie call to tell her whereabouts?
(c) Momma Love.
(d) Judge Harry.
2. Who does Foltrigg admit to harassing in Chapter 31?
(c) Judge Harry.
3. Who takes a flight from Memphis back to New Orleans in Chapter 30?
4. Why does Mrs. Sway finally give in to the witness protection plan?
(a) For the great benefits.
(b) It is her only option.
(c) She needs a vacation.
(d) For the trip to Portland.
5. Where do officers attempt to serve Reggie's grand jury subpoena?
(a) At Momma Love's house.
(b) Reggie's apartment.
(c) Clint's house.
(d) Reggie's office.
6. Where do Foltrigg's men go, hoping to get some answers about Mark and Reggie's disappearance?
(a) Reggie's house.
(b) Judge Harry's house.
(c) Momma Love's house.
(d) Clint's house.
7. Which hospital is Mark sent to from the detention center?
(a) County General.
(c) St. Joseph's.
(d) St. Peter's.
8. What news does Reggie share that makes Trumann giddy with anticipation?
(a) That the body is only 15 minutes away.
(b) That he'll get a promotion for his work in this case.
(c) That she's going to write a book about her experience.
(d) That Foltrigg is involved.
9. How does the reader know that the FBI gets the body before the mafia?
(a) Because the last line of the novel insinuates it.
(b) The mafia won't try again until nightfall and it's now daytime.
(c) They don't. The outcome is uncertain.
(d) Because the last line of the novel plainly states it.
10. Who does Mark call from the hospital?
(a) His mother.
(c) The local newspaper.
(d) Momma Love.
11. Who serves Mark a subpoena to appear at the New Orleans grand jury?
(c) Two U.S. Marshals.
(d) Two local deputies.
12. Who follows Mark to Romey's garage in Chapter 38?
(a) The Blade.
(c) The Bull.
13. What makes The Blade's request very difficult?
(a) No one will hire a mobster.
(b) His bank account is low.
(c) The body is hidden in a residential neighborhood.
(d) The Blade knows too many secrets.
14. What does Reggie tell Trumann at the end of the story?
(a) She's grown to have feelings for him.
(b) The location of the body.
(c) Thank you.
(d) Goodbye and good riddance.
15. What does Reggie call to get from Clint after returning to the hotel in Chapter 38?
(a) More money.
(b) Airline tickets.
(c) Trumann's phone number.
(d) Foltrigg's address and phone number.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the emergency at Reggie's office in Chapter 28?
2. What upsets Judge Harry in Chapter 28?
3. What does Mark say he wants to leave to his mother and brother in his will?
4. From what business is Senator Boyette abducted?
5. What does the hospital agree to with the FBI?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)