|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Slick when he doesn't answer the judge's questions?
(b) His lawyers demand a continuance.
(c) The bailiff vomits.
(d) He is sent to jail.
2. What does Upchurch ask for at the beginning of Muldanno's trial?
(a) To have the charges dismissed.
(b) A 6-month continuance.
(c) A change of venue.
(d) A mistrial due to media coverage.
3. How does the reader know that the FBI gets the body before the mafia?
(a) The mafia won't try again until nightfall and it's now daytime.
(b) Because the last line of the novel plainly states it.
(c) Because the last line of the novel insinuates it.
(d) They don't. The outcome is uncertain.
4. Who does Reggie call to tell her whereabouts?
(a) Momma Love.
(c) Judge Harry.
5. What does Romey's house look like?
(a) Small and quaint.
(b) Big and plain.
(c) Big and run down.
(d) Big and extravagant.
6. In which hospital will Ricky complete his treatment?
(a) Little Rock.
(b) Los Angeles.
7. What does Trumann do upon hearing Reggie's information?
(b) Bolts for his car.
(c) Speaks into his radio.
(d) Asks if she's certain.
8. Who does the FBI decide to watch, hoping to get a clue as to where Mark is?
(a) Judge Harry.
(d) Momma Love.
9. Who does The Blade visit in Chapter 35?
(b) Barry Muldanno.
(c) Johnny Sulari.
10. What are the failed body retrievers doing until they go back to get the body?
(a) Watching the house to make sure no one goes near it.
(b) Waiting until nightfall to get back in.
(c) Booby-trapping the house.
(d) Planting explosives near the body.
11. Who does Mark call from the hospital?
(b) His mother.
(c) The local newspaper.
(d) Momma Love.
12. What is the Sulari family business?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A landfill.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) Drug trafficking.
13. Why does Mrs. Sway finally give in to the witness protection plan?
(a) It is her only option.
(b) For the great benefits.
(c) She needs a vacation.
(d) For the trip to Portland.
14. If he accepted the witness protection program, where does Mark tell Reggie he would want to live?
15. What is McThune doing when he learns of Mark's disappearance?
(a) Practicing at the firing range.
(b) Spending a quiet Saturday morning with his family.
(c) Fishing on his favorite pond.
(d) Golfing with his FBI buddies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What upsets Judge Harry in Chapter 28?
2. Where does Mark make a phone call from while in the hospital?
3. Who does Judge Harry plan to subpoena to court?
4. What does Reggie call to get from Clint after returning to the hotel in Chapter 38?
5. Why does Reggie agree to take Mark to New Orleans?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)