|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes The Blade's request very difficult?
(a) The Blade knows too many secrets.
(b) No one will hire a mobster.
(c) The body is hidden in a residential neighborhood.
(d) His bank account is low.
2. Who calls Ricky's room to let Mrs. Sway know that her son is safe?
(a) Momma Love.
3. Which guard finds Mark in his cell sweating, curled up by the toilet and sucking his thumb?
4. What is the emergency at Reggie's office in Chapter 28?
(a) Clint didn't come back from lunch.
(b) Momma Love was missing.
(c) Reggie's office had been wired by the mob.
(d) Mark ran away.
5. Who tells Reggie there is an emergency at her office in Chapter 28?
(d) The cops.
6. Who delivers the grand jury subpoenas to the U.S. Marshal in Memphis?
7. Where do Foltrigg's men go, hoping to get some answers about Mark and Reggie's disappearance?
(a) Reggie's house.
(b) Momma Love's house.
(c) Judge Harry's house.
(d) Clint's house.
8. How does the reader know that the FBI gets the body before the mafia?
(a) They don't. The outcome is uncertain.
(b) The mafia won't try again until nightfall and it's now daytime.
(c) Because the last line of the novel plainly states it.
(d) Because the last line of the novel insinuates it.
9. Under what condition does Mrs. Sway say she will accept the witness protection plan?
(a) When they agree to give her $1 million for Mark's testimony.
(b) When she can get plastic surgery.
(c) When they can guarantee her family's safety.
(d) When they promise to buy her a new trailer.
10. What makes the body retrievers leave the scene?
(a) Sirens and cops next door.
(b) They left to get dinner.
(c) They forgot shovels.
(d) They get spooked by scary noises.
11. Who follows Mark to Romey's garage in Chapter 38?
(b) The Bull.
(c) The Blade.
12. Where do Mark and his mom consider moving to as part of the witness protection program?
13. Who serves Mark a subpoena to appear at the New Orleans grand jury?
(a) Two U.S. Marshals.
(b) Two local deputies.
14. What do Reggie and Mark discuss on their way back to their hotel in Chapter 38?
(a) Careers in acting.
(b) Running away.
(c) Going to Wal-Mart.
(d) The witness protection program.
15. Why does Reggie want a change?
(a) She can't handle the stress anymore.
(b) She likes the swamps.
(c) She is tired of being broke.
(d) She wants a lucrative career with no stress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reggie tell Clint as the Sways fly away?
2. Which state is the first place Reggie and Mark decide to go?
3. Who assures Muldanno that they will retrieve the body in 24 hours?
4. What is Judge Harry's charge against Slick?
5. Who tells the FBI agents to give Mark anything he wants to make him talk?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)