|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What help does The Blade ask for from his uncle?
(a) To help him leave the mafia.
(b) For money for a new lawyer.
(c) For a new job.
(d) To get some men to move the senator's body.
2. What are Reggie's thoughts as Mark gets into her car in Chapter 33?
(a) Where they will go.
(b) Where they will stop for lunch.
(c) The expense of gasoline.
(d) How she will deal with the charge of accomplice.
3. What do Reggie and Mark discuss on their way back to their hotel in Chapter 38?
(a) The witness protection program.
(b) Running away.
(c) Going to Wal-Mart.
(d) Careers in acting.
4. What news does Reggie share that makes Trumann giddy with anticipation?
(a) That Foltrigg is involved.
(b) That she's going to write a book about her experience.
(c) That he'll get a promotion for his work in this case.
(d) That the body is only 15 minutes away.
5. What happens to Slick when he doesn't answer the judge's questions?
(a) He is sent to jail.
(b) His lawyers demand a continuance.
(d) The bailiff vomits.
6. What does Mark expect to see at the house that is missing?
(a) A boat.
(b) A car.
(c) Yellow police tape.
(d) A dog.
7. If he accepted the witness protection program, where does Mark tell Reggie he would want to live?
8. What warning does Reggie give the FBI?
(a) Not to hang out with Mark.
(b) That the body is not where it's supposed to be.
(c) That the mafia is trying to move the body.
(d) That Muldanno is watching them.
9. What unusual symptom does Mark have that is not consistent with the symptoms of shock?
(a) He is able to lie down.
(b) He is cold and clammy.
(c) He is sucking his thumb.
(d) He is burning up.
10. Why is Mark excited about getting on the plane?
(a) He is ready to start an amazing new life.
(b) He loves to travel.
(c) He wants to see his father again.
(d) He has never flown before.
11. Who calls Ricky's room to let Mrs. Sway know that her son is safe?
(b) Momma Love.
12. What happens when the paramedics and nurse argue in the emergency room?
(a) Mark vomits.
(b) Mark wanders away.
(c) Mark screams for help.
(d) Mark's stretcher rolls away.
13. Who does Mark call from the hospital?
(b) The local newspaper.
(c) Momma Love.
(d) His mother.
14. Who is sent to retrieve the body?
(a) Sulari, Muldanno, and the Bull.
(b) Foltrigg, Fink, and McThune.
(c) Muldanno, The Blade, and Leo.
(d) Leo, Ionucci, and the Bull.
15. Where does Mark make a phone call from while in the hospital?
(a) A restroom.
(b) The morgue.
(c) The ICU.
(d) A private room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mark and his mom consider moving to as part of the witness protection program?
2. How does the reader know that the FBI gets the body before the mafia?
3. What does Reggie try to convince Mark of when they learn of the body retrievers?
4. What does Reggie tell Trumann at the end of the story?
5. Why does Reggie want a change?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)