|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Foltrigg admit to harassing in Chapter 31?
(b) Judge Harry.
2. What makes The Blade's request very difficult?
(a) The body is hidden in a residential neighborhood.
(b) His bank account is low.
(c) The Blade knows too many secrets.
(d) No one will hire a mobster.
3. Why is Mrs. Sway relieved when McThune asks her where Reggie is?
(a) She hopes the mob got her.
(b) She is glad Reggie is out of the picture.
(c) She knows Mark must be with Reggie.
(d) She is happy to have time without Reggie butting in.
4. What does Reggie tell Clint as the Sways fly away?
(a) She wants to move to New Orleans.
(b) She wants to be a real estate lawyer.
(c) She wants to sell real estate.
(d) She wants to become a writer.
5. What do Reggie and Mark discuss on their way back to their hotel in Chapter 38?
(a) Going to Wal-Mart.
(b) The witness protection program.
(c) Careers in acting.
(d) Running away.
6. Who delivers the grand jury subpoenas to the U.S. Marshal in Memphis?
7. Who does Judge Harry plan to subpoena to court?
(a) Barry the Blade.
(b) Brian Muldanno.
(c) Romey Clifford.
(d) Slick Moeller.
8. Why does Mark want to go to New Orleans?
(a) To visit the French Quarter.
(b) To see the Astrodome.
(c) To get some good gumbo before the mafia kills him.
(d) To see if the body is really where Romey said it was.
9. What does Upchurch ask for at the beginning of Muldanno's trial?
(a) To have the charges dismissed.
(b) A 6-month continuance.
(c) A mistrial due to media coverage.
(d) A change of venue.
10. What are the failed body retrievers doing until they go back to get the body?
(a) Booby-trapping the house.
(b) Waiting until nightfall to get back in.
(c) Planting explosives near the body.
(d) Watching the house to make sure no one goes near it.
11. Where do Foltrigg's men go, hoping to get some answers about Mark and Reggie's disappearance?
(a) Clint's house.
(b) Judge Harry's house.
(c) Momma Love's house.
(d) Reggie's house.
12. What unusual symptom does Mark have that is not consistent with the symptoms of shock?
(a) He is cold and clammy.
(b) He is sucking his thumb.
(c) He is able to lie down.
(d) He is burning up.
13. In which hospital will Ricky complete his treatment?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Little Rock.
14. What is McThune doing when he learns of Mark's disappearance?
(a) Spending a quiet Saturday morning with his family.
(b) Practicing at the firing range.
(c) Golfing with his FBI buddies.
(d) Fishing on his favorite pond.
15. What does the witness do to interrupt the body retrievers?
(a) Yells to scare them.
(b) Throws rocks at a neighbor's window.
(c) Taunts them and runs.
(d) Makes sounds like a cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mark make a phone call from while in the hospital?
2. Who witnesses the body retrievers digging at Romey's house?
3. Who takes a flight from Memphis back to New Orleans in Chapter 30?
4. Why is Mark still against the witness protection program offer?
5. Which guard finds Mark in his cell sweating, curled up by the toilet and sucking his thumb?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)