|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes The Blade's request very difficult?
(a) The Blade knows too many secrets.
(b) His bank account is low.
(c) The body is hidden in a residential neighborhood.
(d) No one will hire a mobster.
2. How does the reader know that the FBI gets the body before the mafia?
(a) The mafia won't try again until nightfall and it's now daytime.
(b) They don't. The outcome is uncertain.
(c) Because the last line of the novel plainly states it.
(d) Because the last line of the novel insinuates it.
3. What does the hospital agree to with the FBI?
(a) To have motion detectors placed in all the air vents.
(b) To have extra security in place.
(c) To tap the phone in Ricky's room.
(d) To close the wing that Ricky is in.
4. Who sees the body of Senator Boyette in Chapter 38?
(b) The Bull.
(c) Leo and Ionucci.
(d) Mark and Reggie.
5. Who is the guard at the detention center that finds Mark in a zombie-like state in Chapter 31?
6. What happens when the paramedics and nurse argue in the emergency room?
(a) Mark screams for help.
(b) Mark's stretcher rolls away.
(c) Mark wanders away.
(d) Mark vomits.
7. Who convinces Mrs. Sway to take the witness protection plan?
8. Who calls Ricky's room to let Mrs. Sway know that her son is safe?
(b) Momma Love.
9. What warning does Reggie give the FBI?
(a) That the body is not where it's supposed to be.
(b) Not to hang out with Mark.
(c) That the mafia is trying to move the body.
(d) That Muldanno is watching them.
10. What are Reggie's thoughts as Mark gets into her car in Chapter 33?
(a) Where they will stop for lunch.
(b) Where they will go.
(c) How she will deal with the charge of accomplice.
(d) The expense of gasoline.
11. What happens to Slick when he doesn't answer the judge's questions?
(a) He is sent to jail.
(b) His lawyers demand a continuance.
(d) The bailiff vomits.
12. Who will Reggie meet at the airport?
(a) Judge Henry, Diana, and McThune.
(b) Muldanno, Foltrigg, and Sulari.
(c) Diane, Ricky, and Clint.
(d) Diana, Ricky, and McThune.
13. What kind of job does Reggie secure for Mark's mom?
(a) An easy, well-paying government job.
(b) A job as a transcriptionist.
(c) A job as a legal secretary.
(d) A job as a fashion designer.
14. Who do the police arrest in connection with the emergency at Reggie's office?
15. Who delivers the grand jury subpoenas to the U.S. Marshal in Memphis?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is McThune doing when he learns of Mark's disappearance?
2. What do Mark and Reggie discuss as they near Romey's house?
3. What does Reggie tell Trumann at the end of the story?
4. Why does Mrs. Sway finally give in to the witness protection plan?
5. If he accepted the witness protection program, where does Mark tell Reggie he would want to live?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)