|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes The Blade's request very difficult?
(a) The body is hidden in a residential neighborhood.
(b) No one will hire a mobster.
(c) His bank account is low.
(d) The Blade knows too many secrets.
2. What official communication is released by the FBI?
(a) An APB for Muldanno.
(b) An APB for Mark and Reggie.
(c) A reward for Mark and Reggie.
(d) A reward for Muldanno.
3. How does the reader know that the FBI gets the body before the mafia?
(a) They don't. The outcome is uncertain.
(b) The mafia won't try again until nightfall and it's now daytime.
(c) Because the last line of the novel plainly states it.
(d) Because the last line of the novel insinuates it.
4. What does Judge Harry want to know from Slick?
(a) Who The Blade really is.
(b) Who his source was.
(c) Where the mob will strike next.
(d) Where the body is.
5. Who follows Mark to Romey's garage in Chapter 38?
(c) The Bull.
(d) The Blade.
6. Who delivers the grand jury subpoenas to the U.S. Marshal in Memphis?
7. Where do Foltrigg's men go, hoping to get some answers about Mark and Reggie's disappearance?
(a) Reggie's house.
(b) Clint's house.
(c) Momma Love's house.
(d) Judge Harry's house.
8. What ironic moment comes to Mark's mind as he awaits his private jet?
(a) A kid at school made fun of him a few weeks before because he had never flown.
(b) This would make a great movie.
(c) He can never tell anyone about this.
(d) He is scared to fly.
9. Who is sent to retrieve the body?
(a) Sulari, Muldanno, and the Bull.
(b) Muldanno, The Blade, and Leo.
(c) Leo, Ionucci, and the Bull.
(d) Foltrigg, Fink, and McThune.
10. What does Judge Harry ask Reggie to do in Chapter 30?
(a) Give up Mark's case.
(b) To tell Mark to lie on the stand next time.
(c) To poison Upchurch.
(d) Push Mark's family to take the witness protection program.
11. What rumors surface when Senator Boyette disappears?
(a) That a stripper killed him.
(b) That he staged his own disappearance.
(c) That he had a mistress.
(d) That Muldanno kidnapped him.
12. Who is transported to the New Orleans airport by FBI motorcade?
(a) Reggie and Mark.
(b) Clint and Diane.
(c) McThune and Trumann.
(d) Foltrigg and Boxx.
13. What does Reggie call to get from Clint after returning to the hotel in Chapter 38?
(a) More money.
(b) Airline tickets.
(c) Trumann's phone number.
(d) Foltrigg's address and phone number.
14. Who will Reggie meet at the airport?
(a) Diana, Ricky, and McThune.
(b) Diane, Ricky, and Clint.
(c) Judge Henry, Diana, and McThune.
(d) Muldanno, Foltrigg, and Sulari.
15. What are Reggie's thoughts as Mark gets into her car in Chapter 33?
(a) How she will deal with the charge of accomplice.
(b) Where they will stop for lunch.
(c) The expense of gasoline.
(d) Where they will go.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Foltrigg admit to harassing in Chapter 31?
2. Which hospital is Mark sent to from the detention center?
3. Why does Mark feel important on his way to the airport?
4. Who witnesses the body retrievers digging at Romey's house?
5. Who does Reggie call to tell her whereabouts?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)