|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does an Indian hunter never eat?
(a) Food cooked by enemies.
(b) The flesh of an animal killed by another.
(d) The flesh of his own victim.
2. What unusual response is considered good manners after a meal in the Indian village?
(c) Giving thanks.
3. Why can't the expedition hope for rescue if they start back on foot?
(a) They can't be seen under the canopy.
(b) They can't find their way.
(c) They can't walk that far.
(d) They can't carry enough supplies.
4. What injury does Alex suffer?
(a) A bite from a fire ant.
(b) A blow to the head from a monkey.
(c) A twisted ankle.
(d) A fall from a cliff.
5. What attacks Joel Gonzalez?
(a) A fresh water shark.
(b) A school of piranhas.
(c) An anaconda.
(d) A caiman.
6. How did the Indians get their name?
(a) From the mist on the waterfall.
(b) From their tears.
(c) From the morning dew.
(d) From the morning fog.
7. How many languages does Nadia speak?
8. What kills the first soldier to die?
(a) A spear.
(b) An anaconda.
(c) A python.
(d) A poisoned dart.
9. What past experience caused Alex to feel similar danger?
(a) Kayaking the Grand Canyon gorge.
(b) Climbing El Capitan.
(c) Sky diving with his father.
(d) Being lost in New York.
10. Why were Nadia and Alex not kept under guard by the Indians?
(a) They wanted them to escape.
(b) They were too weak to run away.
(c) They were enchanted.
(d) They had to follow or be lost in the jungle.
11. What visual illusion does Alex see that he had seen earlier in a dream?
(a) A sky with two suns.
(b) A baby dragon.
(c) A sky with six moons.
(d) A city of gold.
12. What skill does Nadia claim in addition to her multilingualism?
(a) She says she can play the flute.
(b) She says she can ride a unicycle.
(c) She says she can talk with animals.
(d) She says she can climb mountains.
13. How does Kate overcome Ludovic Leblanc's objection to Nadia coming on the expedition?
(a) Kate stages a sit-down strike until Nadia is accepted.
(b) Kate hires Nadia as her personal assistant.
(c) Kate threatens a lawsuit.
(d) Kate refuses to go unless Nadia comes as well.
14. What is the first hint that the Beast is nearby?
(a) His odor.
(b) His footsteps.
(c) His laugh.
(d) His cry.
15. What is a nahab?
(a) A jaguar.
(b) An Amazon native.
(c) A foreigner.
(d) A photographer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex do with his glasses when he confronts the jaguar?
2. Who is Matuwe?
3. What object is the sign of authority in the Indian village?
4. What does a killed person's spirit do to the killer, according to Indian legend?
5. How are the People of the Mist described?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)