|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the book Kate gives Alex contain?
(a) Topographical maps of the Amazon basin.
(b) Information about native peoples.
(c) Health tips for adventurous travelers.
(d) Pictures of Amazon flora and fauna.
2. What does Nadia say the jaguar is for Alex?
(a) His dark side.
(b) His look-alike.
(c) His totemic animal.
(d) His nemesis.
3. Who is the photographer for the expedition?
(a) Ludovic Leblanc.
(b) Joel Gonzalez.
(c) Cesar Santos.
(d) Timothy Bruce.
4. What is Alex's weapon?
(a) A Swiss army knife.
(b) An antique sword.
(c) A machete.
(d) A pistol.
5. What injury does Alex suffer?
(a) A blow to the head from a monkey.
(b) A twisted ankle.
(c) A fall from a cliff.
(d) A bite from a fire ant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What resource do the Indians believe will contaminate their societies?
2. How long does Ludovic Leblanc estimate it will take to trap the beast?
3. What does Alex do with his glasses when he confronts the jaguar?
4. What past experience caused Alex to feel similar danger?
5. What are the invisible activities in Santa Maria de la Lluvia?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)