|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual experience does Alex have with the black jaguar?
(a) The jaguar purrs when Alex pets him.
(b) They speak to each other.
(c) They communicate telepathically.
(d) The jaguar does not harm him.
2. What is the best moment of the river trip for Alex?
(a) Laughing with his grandmother.
(b) Trying interesting new foods.
(c) Swimming with a dolphin.
(d) Sleeping under the stars.
3. What are the natives who live along the Amazon called?
4. What practical joke does Alex recall Kate playing on him?
(a) She gave him a leaky glass.
(b) She gave him chocolates filled with hot sauce.
(c) She gave him an exploding candy bar.
(d) She gave him a collapsing chair.
5. Why does Ludovid Leblanc shave with bottled water?
(a) He is afraid of bacteria.
(b) He is afraid of mercury from the gold mining.
(c) He is afraid of microbes.
(d) He is afraid of contamination from the logging.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the People of the Mist described?
2. Who do the Indian villagers believe "speak lies, do not know justice, and have power to stain souls?"
3. What do the conspirators hope to get?
4. How does Kate help Alex prepare for their expedition to the Amazon?
5. Why is Alex surprised when he sees Tepuis, the home of the Gods?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)