|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers the travelers most while in the boat?
(a) Heat and humidity.
(b) Fog and mist.
(c) Lack of clean water.
(d) Rain and mosquitoes.
2. Why can't the expedition hope for rescue if they start back on foot?
(a) They can't find their way.
(b) They can't carry enough supplies.
(c) They can't be seen under the canopy.
(d) They can't walk that far.
3. Why does Alex refuse to eat tapir?
(a) He believes they are holy.
(b) He believes they are disgusting.
(c) He believes they are like rats.
(d) They remind him of his dog.
4. What object is the sign of authority in the Indian village?
(a) A yellow feather crown.
(b) A jeweled belt.
(c) A jaguar cape.
(d) A pole made from emeralds and quartz.
5. What resource was taken most frequently from the rainforest during the 19th century?
(c) Exotic birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Amazon natives do with their captives in the past, according to Professor Leblanc?
2. Why were Nadia and Alex not kept under guard by the Indians?
3. How does Nadia describe the Beast?
4. What has made Alex brave enough to swim in the Amazon without fear?
5. According to Padre Valdomero, a captured Indian is a _____________Indian.
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)