|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a casita?
(a) Another name for Juan's hut.
(b) A small, domesticated ferret-like creature.
(c) A small, domesticated bird.
(d) A large fish that provides sustenance to many of the people of Argentina.
2. What does Maria guess is going on with Juan?
(a) She has no idea.
(b) That Juan is going to get married.
(c) That Juan is buying his own farm.
(d) That Juan is moving to Buenos Aires.
3. Who are Pedro's gaucho friends?
(a) Carlos and Carmen.
(b) Paco and Carlos.
(c) Jose and Carmen.
(d) Carlos and Jose.
4. Where do Juan and Pedro take Chúcaro in Chapter 4?
(a) To the nearby village.
(b) To Juan's casita.
(c) To the Pampas.
(d) To Pedro's grandfather's home.
5. What does Juan wear?
(a) A felt hat.
(b) A kerchief.
(c) A bandolira.
(d) A pair of worn sandals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the most vexing aspects of the weather on the Pampas?
2. Why does Juan throw something to Pedrito?
3. What is another thing the mayordomo does?
4. Who is Chúcaro?
5. What do many of Juan's post cards depict?
Short Essay Questions
1. Are Pedro and his father successful and what does Pedro name the horse?
2. What is Señor Muñez's response to what the mayordomo tells him about Chúcaro?
3. Briefly describe Pedro.
4. How do Pedro and Juan disagree about Chúcaro?
5. What does Pedro do to groom Chúcaro, and how does Chúcaro like it?
6. What do gauchos eat when they get together?
7. What does the Vaquero say when he arrives at the Pizzettis' home?
8. What is the most important postcard Juan has?
9. What does the mayordomo know and what does he not yet know?
10. What do the gauchos love to do when they gather?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)