|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the Pampas "sing"?
(a) The animals who live there.
(b) No one.
(c) The scientists who come to study it.
(d) Those who are close to it.
2. For what is the Ombu good?
(a) Supplying horses to other tribes.
(b) Supplying cattle to other tribes.
(d) For sodding roofs.
3. What does a poster on Juan's wall depict?
(a) The Amazon River.
(b) A picture of a wanted outlaw.
(c) The Dakota Badlands.
(d) The Andes Mountains.
4. What is the Ombu?
(a) A grass that grows on the Pampa.
(b) The solitary tree of the prairie.
(c) A group of nomads in Argentina.
(d) A group of nomads in Central America.
5. What does scratching signify to Chúcaro?
(b) Who is dominant.
(c) A challenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mayordomo near Juan and Pedro know?
2. What kerchief does Juan wear on Sundays?
3. To what group of people does Pedro belong?
4. Where does Juan keep his things in his home?
5. What color are the spots on the animal Pedro sees?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do many people think about the mayordomo's demand and what does Juan think?
2. Who comes to see Chúcaro?
3. Explain what is said about Juan's kerchiefs.
4. What does the Vaquero say when he arrives at the Pizzettis' home?
5. What happens after Armando's bola strikes Chúcaro?
6. What does Mr. Pizetti point out to the group about the law?
7. What is Señor Muñez's response to what the mayordomo tells him about Chúcaro?
8. Who does the estanciero leave the decision-making up to and why?
9. Why are people hurrying home from church?
10. How does Armando do on the first lasso attempt and what is the people's reaction?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)