|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the land owner of a large group of farms often stay?
(a) It depends on what any particular ranch is doing at the moment.
(b) On his birth estate.
(c) In other parts of the world.
(d) On the estate closest to a large city.
2. Who is Gitana?
(a) Pedro's donkey.
(b) Carlos' horse.
(c) Juan's wife.
(d) Juan's horse.
3. What is a currycomb?
(a) A rope to tie a horse.
(b) A horse comb.
(c) A comb to remove fleas and ticks from a dog.
(d) A tool to take the dirt out of a horse's hoofs.
4. What is one of the most vexing aspects of the weather on the Pampas?
(d) The sun is quite hot at times.
5. What kerchief does Juan wear on Sundays?
(a) His blue one.
(b) His white one.
(c) His red one.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is the Ombu good?
2. How old is Pedro when his mother dies?
3. Who is Juan to Pedro?
4. How was the table in Juan's home made?
5. What color are the spots on the animal Pedro sees?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe Pedro's father.
2. Who is the mayordomo to whom Juan is accountable?
3. What is the poster of a man that is hung in Juan's hut?
4. What does the Vaquero say about the upcoming patrón's visit?
5. What mystery is discussed in Chapter 9?
6. What do the gauchos love to do when they gather?
7. What does a mayordomo do?
8. What do gauchos eat when they get together?
9. What is said about Armando being spoiled and how is that demonstrated when Armando greets the mayordomo?
10. What is Juan's response to the first lasso attempt and why is the second lasso attempt delayed?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)