|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worries Juan?
(a) That Armando will be able to lasso Chúcaro.
(b) That Pedro will become like Pedro's father if he loses Chúcaro.
(c) That Pedro will steal off in the night with Chúcaro.
(d) That Juan will be held accountable for Chúcaro.
2. What does Armando lie about to his father?
(a) That Pedro told Armando Juan would hurt him later.
(b) That Pedro allowed Chúcaro to kick him.
(c) That Juan told Armando Juan would hurt him later.
(d) That Juan allowed Chúcaro to kick him.
3. Who is Armando?
(a) Pedro's best friend.
(b) Pedro's city cousin.
(c) Juan's brother.
(d) The patrón's son.
4. How does the mayordomo respond to what the Vaquero tells him?
(a) The mayordomo says to return Chúcaro to the other ranch.
(b) The mayordomo becomes angry.
(c) The mayordomo becomes sad.
(d) The mayordomo fires the Vaquero.
5. What is the main event in Chapter 15?
(a) A speech by the mayordomo.
(b) The match between Pedro and Armando.
(d) A speech by Señor Muñez.
6. What message is delivered to the mayordomo?
(a) That Pedro says Armando may not have Chúcaro under any circumstance.
(b) The terms of Armando owning Chúcaro.
(c) That Juan and Pedro have left the ranch.
(d) That Chúcaro has been returned to the other ranch.
7. How had Señor Muñez lived long into his adult life?
(a) Under the strict rule of his father.
(c) Life of luxury.
(d) A bachelor.
8. What do Juan, Carlos and Pedro notice about the Pizzettis?
(a) There seems to be tension among them.
(b) They do not seem to like each other.
(c) They are arrogant.
(d) They are a productive family.
9. Why are people hurrying home from church?
(a) To greet Señor Muñez.
(b) To give Pedro some last minute advice.
(c) To watch the big show.
(d) To put flowers on Chúcaro.
10. What does Mr. Pizetti note?
(a) The law may force Juan to give up Pedro.
(b) The law will probably rule that the mayordomo has legal right to Chúcaro.
(c) The law may say that the mayordomo can fire Juan.
(d) The law will probably rule for Pedro.
11. How is Señor Muñez first described?
12. Who is asleep outside the mayordomo's office in Chapter 12?
(a) The Vaquero.
13. What does Armando hit?
(b) His father.
(c) An elderly woman.
(d) The mayordomo.
14. What happens when Armando throws the first lasso?
(a) It barely touches Chúcaro.
(b) It wraps around one of the spectators.
(c) It wraps around the fence post.
(d) It misses Chúcaro by a long way.
15. What might Juan be forced to do?
(a) Give his his job to keep Pedro.
(b) Give up Chúcaro in order to keep his job.
(c) Find a way to prove Chúcaro belongs to Pedro.
(d) Go to the supreme court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is attached to the end of the thing Juan is making?
2. What are the people sure about Armando?
3. Where is Chúcaro at the opening to Chapter 16?
4. What does the mayordomo tell Juan?
5. What is close to breaking?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)