|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say there is no such thing as a typical one?
(a) Lasso contest.
(b) Bull branding.
(d) Riding race.
2. What does Armando claim about the ranch?
(a) That he and his father already own everything there.
(b) That the law says Armando has the right to kill Chúcaro.
(c) That some day the ranch will be his and Juan had best be careful.
3. Why is Juan angry?
(a) Because Chúcaro is hurt.
(b) Because Armando is smirking.
(c) Because Armando wants to shoot Chúcaro.
(d) Because Armando might have killed Chúcaro.
4. What is attached to the end of the thing Juan is making?
5. What does Pedro's father seem to be?
(a) A jolly man.
(b) A good for nothing.
(c) A dreamer.
(d) A heavy drinker.
6. Who is Armando?
(a) Juan's brother.
(b) Pedro's best friend.
(c) Pedro's city cousin.
(d) The patrón's son.
7. Why does Muñez think Armando will be successful with Chúcaro?
(a) Because Armando just won first place in a roping contest.
(b) Because Muñez has spent much money on horse teachers for Armando.
(c) Because Armando loves horses.
(d) Because Armand is good at everything he does.
8. What destroys much of Señor Muñez's family fortune?
(b) Bad investments.
9. What are the young boys cheering?
(a) The arrive of Armando.
(b) The gauchos racing by.
(d) The dog that is running across the backs of the sheep.
10. How long will it take for them to get there?
(a) A week.
(b) 2-3 weeks.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2-3 months.
11. How does the loss of much of his family's fortune impact Señor Muñez?
(a) He has to work on managing his ranch.
(b) He had to sell much of his land.
(c) He had to make his sons all work hard.
(d) He had to marry a different woman than the one he loves.
12. What happens when a gaucho throws the thing Juan is making?
(a) It spreads out to catch birds in the air.
(b) It wraps around the feet of an animal.
(c) It returns to the thrower after hitting its target.
(d) It will take out a rabbit if thrown correctly.
13. How had Señor Muñez lived long into his adult life?
(a) Under the strict rule of his father.
(b) A bachelor.
(d) Life of luxury.
14. Who arrives while Juan, Carlos and Pedro are having Maté?
(a) The Patron.
(b) The Vaquero.
(c) The mayor of the nearby town.
(d) No one.
15. Why do Juan, Carlos and the others laugh at what the Vaquero says about the mayordomo?
(a) Because the mayordomo is always trying to take from the gauchos.
(b) Because the mayordomo is so arrogant.
(c) Because of how angry the mayordomo is.
(d) Because the mayordomo gets florrid when someone says something he does not like.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the bag Armando pulls out of the car?
2. To what color of kerchief does Juan change?
3. How does Juan think the weather will change?
4. Where are Juan and Pedro headed?
5. What is Armando doing when Pedro arrives with Chúcaro?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)