|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is coming to visit soon?
(a) El Presidente.
(b) The estanciero.
(c) The governor.
(d) Pedro's aunt and uncle.
2. What does the mayordomo tell Juan?
(a) To take Chúcaro home.
(b) To leave Armando alone.
(c) To apologize to Armando.
(d) To talk to Señor Muñez.
3. What does the mayordomo demand Juan do?
(a) Take Chúcaro a few miles away and let the horse go.
(b) Shoot Chúcaro.
(c) Bring Chúcaro to the estanciero.
(d) Go on a three-month cattle drive.
4. To whom does Armando's mother leave most of his upbringing?
(a) His grandfather.
(c) His oldest sister.
(d) His grandmother.
5. What does Juan promise to do?
(a) Take the matter before the courts.
(b) Make Chúcaro undesireable.
(c) Appeal to the governor.
(d) Strenuously resist the mayordomo and estanciero.
6. What are the gauchos doing with the bulls?
(a) Weighing them.
(b) Driving them into corrals.
(c) Riding them.
(d) Branding them.
7. What does the patrón want according to the mayordomo?
(a) A nice pony for his son.
(b) Twenty percent greater productivity.
(c) A boy to run household errands.
(d) A new breeding stallion.
8. What are some adjectives the narrator uses to describe a estanciero/patrón?
(a) Good or bad and wise or foolish.
9. What is kicking up much dust in the area where Juan is working?
(a) A windstorm.
(b) A shepherd taking a flock of sheep to the upper pasture.
(c) A tractor turning over a pasture.
(d) Gauchos racing their horses.
10. What does Juan to do Armando?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Shakes him.
(c) Tells him he is the winner.
(d) Ignores him.
11. What is the mayordomo's impression of Chúcaro?
(a) He likes him.
(b) The horse is mean.
(c) The horse will never be any good.
(d) The horse is stolen.
12. What does Pedro's father seem to be?
(a) A dreamer.
(b) A heavy drinker.
(c) A good for nothing.
(d) A jolly man.
13. How had Señor Muñez lived long into his adult life?
(a) Life of luxury.
(b) Under the strict rule of his father.
(c) A bachelor.
14. Why are Juan, Carlos and the others sad for Pedro?
(a) Because he might lose Chúcaro.
(b) Because Pedro will have to shoot Chúcaro.
(c) Because Pedro might have to stand up to the mayordomo.
(d) Because Pedro will have to take Chúcaro to the other ranch.
15. What does Armando do to the mayordomo when they arrive at the estancia?
(a) Snubs him.
(b) Shakes hands with a buzzer in his hand.
(c) Shoots water on the man's clothes.
(d) Tells the mayordomo to go get him his horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Juan brought with him?
2. What does Mr. Pizetti note?
3. What message is delivered to the mayordomo?
4. What do many of the workers think Pedro and Juan should do?
5. Why are people hurrying home from church?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)