|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-13, The Vaquero Never Had a Chance, An Urgent Message, The Patrón.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pedro's father seem to be?
(a) A dreamer.
(b) A heavy drinker.
(c) A good for nothing.
(d) A jolly man.
2. What message is delivered to the mayordomo?
(a) That Chúcaro has been returned to the other ranch.
(b) That Juan and Pedro have left the ranch.
(c) That Pedro says Armando may not have Chúcaro under any circumstance.
(d) The terms of Armando owning Chúcaro.
3. What had Juan thrown to Pedrito?
(a) A stuffed animal.
(b) A coin.
(c) Juan's kerchief.
(d) A lollipop.
4. What is another thing the mayordomo does?
(a) Barters for new livestock.
(b) Decides when to sell land.
(c) Goes to meetings in Buenos Aires.
(d) Works in the fields to train others.
5. Why is Pedro about to cry?
(a) Because Juan will be gone several months.
(b) Because the mayordomo wants Juan to shoot Chúcaro.
(c) Because the mayordomo wants Juan to bring Chúcaro to the estanciero.
(d) Because the mayordomo wants Juan to take Chúcaro far away and release the horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the largest city in Argentina?
2. What news travels fast in the area?
3. What is an estancia?
4. What destroys much of Señor Muñez's family fortune?
5. What is the mayordomo doing?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)