|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-10, Meat, Maté, Music, What the Mayordomo Didn't Know Was Not Worth Knowing, The Red Kerchief—a Mystery, Something Is Brewing Again.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan do one day when he says he is happy?
(a) Takes Pedro to town.
(b) Wears a red kerchief.
(c) Goes to one of the dances.
(d) Shaves his mustache.
2. How is Juan often different from the other men in the area?
(a) He is raising a young boy by himself.
(b) He keeps to himself.
(c) He can predict the weather days ahead of time.
(d) He can make animals obey him.
3. What mystery is discussed at the opening of Chapter 9?
(b) Some missing sheep.
(c) The missing donkey.
(d) Juan's kerchief.
4. What do some people think Juan has captured?
(a) The man in the wanted poster.
(b) The goshawk that sits on his porch railing.
(c) The jack rabbit in the cage in his yard.
(d) The dove that sits on his porch railing.
5. What is one of the most vexing aspects of the weather on the Pampas?
(c) The sun is quite hot at times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria tell Luisa?
2. Who is Gitana?
3. What kerchief does Juan wear on Sundays?
4. What do most people remember seeing in Juan's house?
5. What does Pedro do successfully with his father?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)