|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-10, Meat, Maté, Music, What the Mayordomo Didn't Know Was Not Worth Knowing, The Red Kerchief—a Mystery, Something Is Brewing Again.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria tell Luisa?
(a) That Maria thinks Jose is sick.
(b) That Maria thinks Juan is getting married.
(c) That Maria thinks Pedro's father is very ill.
(d) That Maria thinks Juan likes Luisa.
2. What is one instance when the weather around Pedro's home is sad?
(a) When it's so dry there is dust on everything.
(b) When hail destroys the crops.
(c) When it rains so long, homes are flooded.
(d) When it's so cold, it's difficult to be outside.
3. Why does Juan throw something to Pedrito?
(a) To give him money to buy a sweet.
(b) Because Pedrito had been ill and was now well enough to eat.
(c) He is crying.
(d) To make him stop hitting the dog.
4. Where is this story set?
(a) Between the Andes and the Atlantic Ocean.
(b) In the plains of the Dakotas of the United States.
(c) In Central America.
(d) In Brazil.
5. What had Juan thrown to Pedrito?
(a) Juan's kerchief.
(b) A coin.
(c) A lollipop.
(d) A stuffed animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pedro want to do when he spies the animal in the brush?
2. How is Gitana described?
3. How often does Juan go to village dances?
4. What is the general conclusion by the people about the Pampa?
5. Who often gets together to eat and talk?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)