|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-10, Meat, Maté, Music, What the Mayordomo Didn't Know Was Not Worth Knowing, The Red Kerchief—a Mystery, Something Is Brewing Again.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one instance when the weather around Pedro's home is sad?
(a) When hail destroys the crops.
(b) When it rains so long, homes are flooded.
(c) When it's so dry there is dust on everything.
(d) When it's so cold, it's difficult to be outside.
2. How does the Pampas show color?
(a) The different-colored beetles.
(b) The various greens of its grasses.
(c) The tiny birds that are everywhere.
(d) Its blooming flowers.
3. What does scratching signify to Chúcaro?
(b) A challenge.
(d) Who is dominant.
4. What does Juan wear?
(a) A bandolira.
(b) A felt hat.
(c) A kerchief.
(d) A pair of worn sandals.
5. What causes Pedro's father to lose his joy for life?
(a) The government telling him he could not farm any longer.
(b) The government taking his land.
(c) The death of Pedro's mother.
(d) The deaths of Pedro's youngest brother and sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pedro want to keep Chúcaro?
2. From where does Pedro listen to Juan?
3. What did the author of Juan's most important post card forget?
4. To whom does the Pampas "sing"?
5. How often does Juan go to village dances?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)