|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-6, Lasso, Ombu, The Casita, Currycomb, Tears, Gitana the Gypsy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pedro want to do when he spies the animal in the brush?
(a) Shoot it.
(b) Scare it away from the chickens.
(c) Lasso it.
(d) Tame it.
2. Where does Pedro want to keep Chúcaro?
(a) In the corral.
(c) In a barn.
(d) Free on the Pampas.
3. For what are 1000 pesos offered?
(a) The wanted man in the poster.
(b) To anyone who can ride a particularly mean bull.
(c) To anyone who can catch the pink stallion.
(d) To anyone who can climb the east side of a mountain.
4. What did the author of Juan's most important post card forget?
(a) To say what date the card is written.
(b) To include a return address.
(c) To put Juan's last name on the land title.
(d) To put a stamp on it.
5. Where do Juan and Pedro take Chúcaro in Chapter 4?
(a) To the nearby village.
(b) To Pedro's grandfather's home.
(c) To the Pampas.
(d) To Juan's casita.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is this story set?
2. What color is the animal Pedro sees?
3. Why is Juan angry with Pedro?
4. What causes Pedro's father to lose his joy for life?
5. What does a poster on Juan's wall depict?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)