|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is the final offer for the tree?
(a) Twenty-five cents.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) One dollar.
(d) A dime.
2. Who offers to buy the Christmas tree?
(a) The mill owner's wife.
(b) Mr. Haha Jones' wife.
(c) Mr. Haha Jones.
(d) A neighbor couple.
3. Who is Abner Packer?
(a) The knife grinder.
(b) The bus driver.
(c) The pastor.
(d) The butcher.
4. Where is Mr. Haha Jones' establishment found?
(a) In the forest.
(b) Down by the river.
(c) On Main Street.
(d) Next door to the Post Office.
5. What brings "screwed-up expressions and sour shudders"?
(a) Drinking straight whiskey.
(b) The cold wind through the windows.
(c) Dancing and drinking at the same time.
(d) Staying up too late.
6. Where do the fruitcakes sit after they are done?
(a) Windowsills and shelves.
(b) Windowsills and counters.
7. Who does the woman talk about when Truman is cheering her up?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her childhood friends.
(c) Her father.
8. Who has "eyes that scold and tongues that scald"?
(a) Mrs. Haha Jones.
(b) Abner Packer.
(c) The relatives.
(d) Mr. Haha Jones.
9. After the woman and Truman receive the whiskey from Mr. Haha Jones, the woman describes Mr. Jones as what type of man?
10. How many relatives walk in on the celebration of sending out all the fruitcakes?
11. How many hatchet strokes does it take to take down the tree?
12. What spins in the kitchen while Truman and the woman make fruitcake?
13. How much is the offer for the tree at first?
(a) Five cents.
(b) Two bits.
(c) A dime.
(d) A penny.
14. Where are the Winstons from?
(c) South America.
15. In Section 2, what illegal thing does the woman do?
(a) She gives Truman alcohol.
(b) She takes whiskey without paying.
(c) She takes cherries from a neighbor's yard.
(d) She steals a Christmas tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Truman describe as a giant?
2. What makes Mr. Haha Jones laugh?
3. Who takes a photo of Truman and the woman (the only one they ever have taken)?
4. What does Truman's flannel nightgown smell like?
5. While Truman and the woman are searching for the Christmas tree, they come across frogs the size of what?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)