|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 2, what illegal thing does the woman do?
(a) She steals a Christmas tree.
(b) She gives Truman alcohol.
(c) She takes cherries from a neighbor's yard.
(d) She takes whiskey without paying.
2. What makes Mr. Haha Jones laugh?
(a) When Queenie barks at him.
(b) When the woman asks for whiskey.
(c) When Truman and the woman can't speak.
(d) When Truman and the woman ask for Mr. Jones.
3. Where is Mr. Haha Jones' establishment found?
(a) Down by the river.
(b) Next door to the Post Office.
(c) On Main Street.
(d) In the forest.
4. How much money does Mr. Haha Jones ask the woman for in exchange for the needed ingredient?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) Two dollars.
(d) Two dollars and fifty cents.
5. Who does Truman describe as a giant?
(a) The pastor.
(b) His uncle.
(c) Their work horse.
(d) Mr. Haha Jones.
6. What equipment is used to get the Christmas tree?
(a) A hatchet.
(b) A hatchet, a rope, and a burlap sack.
(c) A rope and a hatchet.
(d) A hatchet and a burlap sack.
7. How many days does it take to make the fruitcakes?
8. What does Truman's flannel nightgown smell like?
(a) Must and dust.
(b) Cough syrup.
9. How much whiskey does the woman ask Mr. Haha Jones for?
(a) A quart.
(b) A pint.
(c) Two cups.
(d) A bottle full.
10. Who do Truman and the woman send fruitcakes to every year?
(a) All their neighbors.
(b) The President of the United States.
(c) The local Baptist minister.
(d) Mr. Haha Jones' wife.
11. How does the woman celebrate sending all the fruitcakes?
(a) By keeping a fruitcake for herself.
(b) By going to church.
(c) By drinking leftover whiskey.
(d) By reading a passage in the Bible.
12. What type of eyes does Truman say Mr. Haha Jones has?
(a) Gloomy filled.
(c) Sad looking.
13. Who does the woman talk about when Truman is cheering her up?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her childhood friends.
14. While Truman and the woman are searching for the Christmas tree, they come across frogs the size of what?
(b) Fifty-cent pieces.
(c) Their hands.
15. How does Truman cheer up the woman after she has been crying all night?
(a) He reminds the woman that he loves her.
(b) He reminds the woman of all the people that are happy because of their fruitcakes.
(c) He reminds the woman that they have to go pick out a Christmas tree.
(d) He reminds the woman that the relatives are always rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the black stove stoked with?
2. Who is Abner Packer?
3. Who gets a fruitcake for waving as they pass by?
4. How much is the final offer for the tree?
5. Who sends the woman and Truman penny post cards?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)