|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of eyes does Truman say Mr. Haha Jones has?
(a) Sad looking.
(c) Gloomy filled.
2. What does the black stove remind Truman of?
(a) A lighted pumpkin.
(b) The moon during harvest.
(c) A street light.
(d) A lamp.
3. Who sends the woman and Truman penny post cards?
(a) The President of the United States.
(b) The knife grinder.
(c) The missionaries.
(d) The bus driver.
4. What kind of establishment does Mr. Haha Jones own?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A flower shop.
(c) A butcher store.
(d) A fish-fry and dancing cafe.
5. What does Mr. Haha Jones consider to be a waste of whiskey?
(a) Not drinking it.
(b) Not sharing it with others.
(c) Using it to clean wounds.
(d) Using it to make fruitcakes.
6. What brings "screwed-up expressions and sour shudders"?
(a) Drinking straight whiskey.
(b) Staying up too late.
(c) The cold wind through the windows.
(d) Dancing and drinking at the same time.
7. What time of day do the woman and Truman return from finding their tree?
8. How much is the final offer for the tree?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) One dollar.
(c) A dime.
(d) Twenty-five cents.
9. What does the woman say she'll add an extra cup of when she makes Mr. Haha Jones' fruitcake?
10. Who takes a photo of Truman and the woman (the only one they ever have taken)?
(a) Reverend Lucey.
(b) Mr. Haha Jones.
(c) The missionaries.
(d) Mr. Winston.
11. Who gets a fruitcake for waving as they pass by?
(a) The milk man.
(b) The newspaper boy.
(c) Mr. Haha Jones.
(d) The truck driver.
12. What wails at night at Mr. Haha Jones' establishment?
(a) The crickets.
(b) The Victrola.
(c) The magpies.
(d) The bullfrogs.
13. Who is Abner Packer?
(a) The pastor.
(b) The butcher.
(c) The bus driver.
(d) The knife grinder.
14. What grates against the window?
(a) A squirrel.
(c) A bird.
(d) A fig branch.
15. What whirls in the kitchen while Truman and the woman make fruitcake?
(a) Clock hands.
(b) Bicycle wheels.
(c) Spinning wheels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the unlabeled liquor that Mr. Haha Jones brings back for Truman and the woman?
2. Who celebrates sending off all the fruitcakes?
3. How much money does Mr. Haha Jones ask the woman for in exchange for the needed ingredient?
4. What does Truman's flannel nightgown smell like?
5. How much whiskey does the woman ask Mr. Haha Jones for?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)