|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is exhausted and sad after sending off the last fruitcake?
(b) The woman.
(c) The relatives.
2. What does the woman say she'll add an extra cup of when she makes Mr. Haha Jones' fruitcake?
3. Who gets a fruitcake for waving as they pass by?
(a) The milk man.
(b) The truck driver.
(c) Mr. Haha Jones.
(d) The newspaper boy.
4. Who is Abner Packer?
(a) The bus driver.
(b) The pastor.
(c) The knife grinder.
(d) The butcher.
5. How much is the offer for the tree at first?
(a) A dime.
(b) Five cents.
(c) Two bits.
(d) A penny.
6. Where are the Baptist missionaries?
7. What does Mr. Haha Jones consider to be a waste of whiskey?
(a) Using it to make fruitcakes.
(b) Using it to clean wounds.
(c) Not sharing it with others.
(d) Not drinking it.
8. What makes Mr. Haha Jones laugh?
(a) When Queenie barks at him.
(b) When Truman and the woman ask for Mr. Jones.
(c) When the woman asks for whiskey.
(d) When Truman and the woman can't speak.
9. Who takes a photo of Truman and the woman (the only one they ever have taken)?
(a) The missionaries.
(b) Mr. Haha Jones.
(c) Reverend Lucey.
(d) Mr. Winston.
10. What is the black stove stoked with?
(a) Embers and newspaper.
(d) Coal and firewood.
11. What does Truman's flannel nightgown smell like?
(b) Cough syrup.
(d) Must and dust.
12. What type of eyes does Truman say Mr. Haha Jones has?
(a) Gloomy filled.
(c) Sad looking.
13. How many days does it take to make the fruitcakes?
14. What does the black stove remind Truman of?
(a) A lamp.
(b) A street light.
(c) The moon during harvest.
(d) A lighted pumpkin.
15. Who sends the woman and Truman penny post cards?
(a) The knife grinder.
(b) The President of the United States.
(c) The bus driver.
(d) The missionaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many relatives walk in on the celebration of sending out all the fruitcakes?
2. What type of voice does the woman use at best to talk to Mr. Haha Jones?
3. Where do the fruitcakes sit after they are done?
4. Where is Mr. Haha Jones' establishment found?
5. Who does the woman talk about when Truman is cheering her up?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)