|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of work does Truman like best when making the fruitcakes?
(a) Buying the ingredients.
(b) Tasting the fruitcakes.
(c) Hulling the pecans.
(d) Buying the whiskey.
2. What do Truman and the woman call their Christmas savings?
(a) A Future Fund.
(b) A Future Collection.
(c) A Fruitcake Fund.
(d) A Fruitcake Collection.
3. Why are there no birds singing before the woman gets out of bed?
(a) It was too cold.
(b) It was too early.
(c) The woman had earplugs in her ears.
(d) They had gone to warmer country.
4. Who is Queenie?
(a) A store keeper.
(b) A horse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A relative.
5. Who is superstitious?
(b) Mr. Haha Jones.
(c) The woman.
(d) The relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much do Truman and the woman charge kids to get into the Fun and Freak show?
2. What does Truman describe as being sherry-colored?
3. How much money does the woman think she has counted out of the purse?
4. Who is the main character in the story?
5. If the woman and Truman "mess around with" her superstition, she is afraid that the cakes will do what?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)