|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Scrooge's second visitor?
2. What is the name of the third Spirit?
3. Who says the line "Let me see some tenderness connected with a death" ?
4. What has the laundress stolen from the dead body, which Scrooge finds most shocking?
5. How does Bob Cratchit carry around Tiny Tim?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were three spirits that came to visit Scrooge. Describe the first spirit and what he symbolized. What did he take Scrooge to see? How did his visit affect the change in Scrooge's character?
Essay Topic 2
In the end of the novel, Ebenezer Scrooge's character has gone through an enormous transformation. While his nephew Fred is quite happy with his change, most people in the town are skeptical. Compare / contrast the two views of Scrooge's transformation. Who do you side with, Fred or the townspeople? What examples are given in the text to support whether or not Scrooge's change will be long-lasting?
Essay Topic 3
Compare / contrast the two times that Tiny Tim said the words "God bless us, every one." What does this quote mean? What were the two different contexts in which he stated this? Which time of use was more powerful to you as a reader?
This section contains 1,272 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)