Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl who grasps at the Spirit's robe?
2. What kind of miners do Scrooge and the Spirit visit?
3. Where do Scrooge and the third Spirit overhear the first conversation about death?
4. What part of Tim's body does not work properly?
5. What name do the men give to the man who has died?
Essay Topic 1
With the second visitor, Scrooge was taken to see the ways that people in his community celebrate Christmas.
Part 1.) Describe one scene that Scrooge witnessed on Christmas Day.
Part 2.) Describe Scrooge's reaction to this scene. Was there anything interesting / unexpected in his response?
Part 3.) Describe how you believe witnessing this event prompted the change in Scrooge's character at the end of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
There were three spirits that came to visit Scrooge. Describe the first spirit and what he symbolized. What did he take Scrooge to see? How did his visit affect the change in Scrooge's character?
Essay Topic 3
Compare / contrast the two times that Tiny Tim said the words "God bless us, every one." What does this quote mean? What were the two different contexts in which he stated this? Which time of use was more powerful to you as a reader?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)