|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl who grasps at the Spirit's robe?
2. What kind of miners do Scrooge and the Spirit visit?
3. Where do Scrooge and the third Spirit overhear the first conversation about death?
4. What part of Tim's body does not work properly?
5. What name do the men give to the man who has died?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout his time with the three visitors, Scrooge saw many things. Which event do you think had the most impact on his character? Describe the scene and theorize why you think it so deeply affected Scrooge's character more than any of the other scenes.
Essay Topic 2
The symbolism of the chains that Jacob Marley is forced to carry around with him is particularly significant. Describe the physical description of the chains, and explain why the items that Jacob Marley must carry with him are significant to his life. Finally, explain why these items were used as a warning to Ebenezer Scrooge.
Essay Topic 3
Charles Dickens spends much effort in setting the mood of the story through his descriptions of the place and weather. Compare / contrast the mood at the beginning of the novel with the mood at the end of the novel. What descriptions have changed? How does the mood of the novel reflect the mood of Ebenezer Scrooge?
This section contains 1,241 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)