Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl who grasps at the Spirit's robe?
2. What kind of miners do Scrooge and the Spirit visit?
3. Where do Scrooge and the third Spirit overhear the first conversation about death?
4. What part of Tim's body does not work properly?
5. What name do the men give to the man who has died?
There are many character throughout the novel that have particular relationships with the Christmas holiday. Choose one character who you believe most embodies the holiday spirit, and explain the impact that this character has on the events in the novel.
In the opening chapter of the novel, Charles Dickens chooses to omit many important bits of information. Identify one piece of information that Dickens omitted, and explain why you think the author chose to leave his reader in the dark.
Compare / contrast the two times that Tiny Tim said the words "God bless us, every one." What does this quote mean? What were the two different contexts in which he stated this? Which time of use was more powerful to you as a reader?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)