|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scrooge notice is changing about the Spirit as they make their way through the Christmas celebrations?
2. What is the Spirit's response to the question of whether these are the things that will surely come to pass?
3. What is the general emotion surrounding the death of the man in town?
4. Before his second visitor, how does Scrooge wake himself?
5. What are the lighthouse workers drinking on Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clings to the robe of the second spirit?
2. What is the Spirit's response to Scrooge's question regarding help for the two children?
3. What other Christmases does the second Spirit take Scrooge to witness?
4. What is Scrooge's response to the things that he sees in the cemetery?
5. What does the Spirit inform Scrooge is the fate of Tiny Tim?
6. What is striking about the appearance of the third spirit?
7. What does Scrooge see approaching him as the second Spirit leaves him and how does he react?
8. How are the Cratchit family responding to the death of Tiny Tim?
9. What toast does Bob Cratchit give to Scrooge, and how does his family respond?
10. What happens when Scrooge awakens thinking he will soon see the second visitor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were three spirits that came to visit Scrooge. Describe the second spirit and what he symbolized. What did he take Scrooge to see? How did his visit affect the change in Scrooge's character?
Essay Topic 2
There were three spirits that came to visit Scrooge. Describe the third spirit and what he symbolized. What did he take Scrooge to see? How did his visit affect the change in Scrooge's character?
Essay Topic 3
When Scrooge is with his second visitor, he is exposed to the two children that cling to the Spirit's robe. First, describe the two children and the symbolism behind their names. Second, explain the significance of Scrooge's reaction to seeing the two children and the response that the Spirit gives to his question about who will care for them.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)