Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl who grasps at the Spirit's robe?
2. What kind of miners do Scrooge and the Spirit visit?
3. Where do Scrooge and the third Spirit overhear the first conversation about death?
4. What part of Tim's body does not work properly?
5. What name do the men give to the man who has died?
Essay Topic 1
When Scrooge is with his second visitor, he is exposed to the two children that cling to the Spirit's robe. First, describe the two children and the symbolism behind their names. Second, explain the significance of Scrooge's reaction to seeing the two children and the response that the Spirit gives to his question about who will care for them.
Essay Topic 2
Charles Dickens spends much effort in setting the mood of the story through his descriptions of the place and weather. Compare / contrast the mood at the beginning of the novel with the mood at the end of the novel. What descriptions have changed? How does the mood of the novel reflect the mood of Ebenezer Scrooge?
Essay Topic 3
There are many character throughout the novel that have particular relationships with the Christmas holiday. Choose one character who you believe most embodies the holiday spirit, and explain the impact that this character has on the events in the novel.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)