Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many visitors does Marley say will come to Scrooge in the night?
2. How much time does Scrooge allow his employee to take off for the holiday?
3. What does the figure of Scrooge's first guest resemble?
4. What is Scrooge's first name?
5. What does the first guest say that he is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Jacob Marley, and what does the reader learn about him right away?
2. With what famous quote does the novel end and why is it important?
3. What happens in the scene with Fan?
4. What does Scrooge see when he enters the cemetery?
5. What does Scrooge see approaching him as the second Spirit leaves him and how does he react?
6. What does Scrooge see when he visits the family eating dinner at the table?
7. What is the Spirit's response to Scrooge's question regarding help for the two children?
8. What response did the community give to the Cratchit family following the death of Tiny Tim?
9. What is Scrooge's response to the things that he sees in the cemetery?
10. What has changed about the Cratchit family when Scrooge is taken to revisit them?
Essay Topic 1
There were three spirits that came to visit Scrooge. Describe the second spirit and what he symbolized. What did he take Scrooge to see? How did his visit affect the change in Scrooge's character?
Essay Topic 2
Take some time to compare / contrast the three main spirits that come to visit Scrooge. What is the same about them? What is different? Why do you think it was important that Scrooge meet all three of them, rather than just one?
Essay Topic 3
There were three spirits that came to visit Scrooge. Describe the first spirit and what he symbolized. What did he take Scrooge to see? How did his visit affect the change in Scrooge's character?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)