|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says the line "Let me see some tenderness connected with a death" ?
(a) Bob Cratchit.
(b) Jacob Marley.
(c) Ebenezer Scrooge.
(d) Tiny Tim.
2. What is the name of the girl who grasps at the Spirit's robe?
3. What is the general emotion surrounding the death of the man in town?
4. Who gives the Christmas toast in the Cratchit home?
5. How does Bob Cratchit carry around Tiny Tim?
(a) On his back.
(b) In his hands.
(c) On his shoulders.
(d) In his arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe the third Spirit?
2. Where do Scrooge and the third Spirit overhear the first conversation about death?
3. Which of the following best describes the laundress that Scrooge sees in town?
4. What does the third Spirit say to Scrooge when he sees him?
5. Who says that they have no patience for Scrooge's attitude and behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scrooge promise to the Spirit in exchange for a chance to change his fate?
2. How are the Cratchit family responding to the death of Tiny Tim?
3. What does Scrooge see when he visits the family eating dinner at the table?
4. What is striking about the appearance of the third spirit?
5. How does Scrooge react to the music and the games of Fred's Christmas party?
6. What response did the community give to the Cratchit family following the death of Tiny Tim?
7. What is Fred's opinion of his uncle Scrooge?
8. What is the Spirit's response to Scrooge's question regarding help for the two children?
9. How does Scrooge react to the arrival of the third Spirit?
10. What does the Spirit inform Scrooge is the fate of Tiny Tim?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)