|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the third Spirit?
(a) The Ghost of Christmas That Never Was.
(b) The Ghost of Christmas Past.
(c) The Ghost of Christmas Present.
(d) The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come.
2. How long does the Spirit say that his earthly life will last?
(a) One week.
(c) One hour.
(d) One day.
3. How does the crowd respond to Fred's wishing of Scrooge's Christmas?
(a) With agreement.
(b) With disagreement.
(c) No one hears him.
(d) With apathy.
4. In response to the death in the family, which character reacts generously to the family?
(c) Jacob Marley.
5. In the streets of London, who does the Spirit sprinkle a mysterious water on?
(a) Those who were dancing.
(b) Those who were lonely.
(c) Those who were arguing.
(d) Those who were shopping.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Scrooge feel about the party that Fred is holding on Christmas?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe the Scrooge's second visitor?
3. What is the name on the tombstone that Scrooge finds himself at?
4. Where does Scrooge believe that he should be at that time of day, in the future?
5. In what type of establishment does Scrooge see the laundress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scrooge see when he visits the family eating dinner at the table?
2. What happens when Scrooge awakens thinking he will soon see the second visitor?
3. What does Scrooge see approaching him as the second Spirit leaves him and how does he react?
4. What toast does Bob Cratchit give to Scrooge, and how does his family respond?
5. What is Fred's opinion of his uncle Scrooge?
6. What is Scrooge's response to the things that he sees in the cemetery?
7. What is significant about the appearance of the second spirit?
8. What is striking about the appearance of the third spirit?
9. How does Scrooge react to the arrival of the third Spirit?
10. What is the state of Tiny Tim?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)