|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Scrooge decide that he would like to catch a glimpse of now that he has recognized that he is seeing the future?
(a) Tiny Tim.
(c) Jacob Marley.
(d) Bob Cratchit.
2. Before his second visitor, how does Scrooge wake himself?
(a) With a cough.
(b) With a shout.
(c) With a hiccup.
(d) With a snore.
3. Where is Scrooge when he realizes that in the future he will be dead?
(a) At the courts.
(b) In his office.
(c) In the cemetary.
(d) Lying in bed.
4. What name do the men give to the man who has died?
(a) Short Shine.
(b) Old Scratch.
(c) Young Scrape.
(d) Tall Sip.
5. At what time does the Spirit leave Scrooge?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scrooge see in all the Christmases that he visited with the Spirit?
2. What is the Spirit's response to the question of whether these are the things that will surely come to pass?
3. In whose name is the Christmas toast given?
4. How does Scrooge react to the news of Tim's future?
5. What color is the robe of the third spirit that comes to visit Scrooge?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Scrooge react to the arrival of the third Spirit?
2. How are the Cratchit family responding to the death of Tiny Tim?
3. What does Scrooge see approaching him as the second Spirit leaves him and how does he react?
4. What happens when Scrooge awakens thinking he will soon see the second visitor?
5. What is Fred's opinion of his uncle Scrooge?
6. What has changed about the Cratchit family when Scrooge is taken to revisit them?
7. How do the party-goers respond to Fred's opinion of his uncle?
8. What does Scrooge see when he visits the family eating dinner at the table?
9. What does the Spirit inform Scrooge is the fate of Tiny Tim?
10. How does Scrooge react to the music and the games of Fred's Christmas party?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)