|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tim's attitude to being ill?
(a) He hasn't been told.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is still joyful.
2. Who does Scrooge decide that he would like to catch a glimpse of now that he has recognized that he is seeing the future?
(a) Jacob Marley.
(b) Tiny Tim.
(d) Bob Cratchit.
3. Fill in the blank: What message does the Cratchit family embrace? That even in _______ there is hope.
4. When the Spirit takes Scrooge to see the Cratchits, which character has died?
(a) Tiny Tim Cratchit.
(b) Bob Cratchit.
(c) Martha Cratchit.
(d) Peter Cratchit.
5. What feeling floods Scrooge when he meets the third Spirit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of Christmas does Scrooge overhear Fred wishing him?
2. When Scrooge first sees the third Spirit, what does he do involuntarily?
3. At what time does the Spirit leave Scrooge?
4. How long does the Spirit say that his earthly life will last?
5. Who says the line "Let me see some tenderness connected with a death" ?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Scrooge react to the arrival of the third Spirit?
2. What does Scrooge see when he enters the cemetery?
3. What question did Scrooge have for the third Spirit when they were standing in the cemetery?
4. What does Scrooge see approaching him as the second Spirit leaves him and how does he react?
5. What is the state of Tiny Tim?
6. What clings to the robe of the second spirit?
7. What does the Spirit inform Scrooge is the fate of Tiny Tim?
8. What toast does Bob Cratchit give to Scrooge, and how does his family respond?
9. What is the Spirit's response to Scrooge's question regarding help for the two children?
10. What are the businessmen in the stock exchange discussing?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)