|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the blank: What message does the Cratchit family embrace? That even in _______ there is hope.
2. How does Scrooge feel about the party that Fred is holding on Christmas?
(a) He enjoys himself.
(b) He thinks it is silly.
(c) He doesn't understand it.
(d) He despises it.
3. What part of Tim's body does not work properly?
(a) His ears.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His legs.
(d) His arms.
4. When Scrooge awakens before his second visitor, what has filled his room?
5. How does Scrooge react to the games that were played at Fred's party?
(a) He attmepted to ruin them.
(b) He didn't understand them.
(c) He thought they were stupid.
(d) He tried to join in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scrooge promise to honor, from the bottom of his heart?
2. Who says that they have no patience for Scrooge's attitude and behavior?
3. What name do the men give to the man who has died?
4. Who does Fred claim is being harmed by Scrooge's attitude?
5. What does the Spirit ask Scrooge to touch in order to be transported?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scrooge see when he visits the family eating dinner at the table?
2. What is significant about the appearance of the second spirit?
3. What does Scrooge see approaching him as the second Spirit leaves him and how does he react?
4. What is Fred's opinion of his uncle Scrooge?
5. What is striking about the appearance of the third spirit?
6. What does Scrooge promise to the Spirit in exchange for a chance to change his fate?
7. What clings to the robe of the second spirit?
8. How are the Cratchit family responding to the death of Tiny Tim?
9. What does Scrooge witness at the pawnshop?
10. What question did Scrooge have for the third Spirit when they were standing in the cemetery?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)