|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of men are discussing the death?
(d) Homeless men.
2. Which family does the Spirit take Scrooge to revisit?
(a) The Cratchits.
(b) The lighthouse workers.
(c) The miners.
(d) The Marleys.
3. What does the third Spirit say to Scrooge when he sees him?
(a) Nothing, the Spirit cannot speak.
(b) "Merry Christmas, Scrooge."
(c) "Bah humbug!"
(d) "Come with me, sir."
4. What kind of miners do Scrooge and the Spirit visit?
5. In response to the death in the family, which character reacts generously to the family?
(b) Jacob Marley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose home does the second visitor first take Scrooge to?
2. How does Scrooge feel about the party that Fred is holding on Christmas?
3. Who says the line "Let me see some tenderness connected with a death" ?
4. What is the general emotion surrounding the death of the man in town?
5. What is the name on the tombstone that Scrooge finds himself at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Fred's opinion of his uncle Scrooge?
2. What is significant about the appearance of the second spirit?
3. What does Scrooge witness at the pawnshop?
4. What clings to the robe of the second spirit?
5. What does Scrooge promise to the Spirit in exchange for a chance to change his fate?
6. How does Scrooge react to the arrival of the third Spirit?
7. What is striking about the appearance of the third spirit?
8. What are the businessmen in the stock exchange discussing?
9. What is the Spirit's response to Scrooge's question regarding help for the two children?
10. What response did the community give to the Cratchit family following the death of Tiny Tim?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)