|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the third Spirit?
(a) The Ghost of Christmas Past.
(b) The Ghost of Christmas Present.
(c) The Ghost of Christmas That Never Was.
(d) The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come.
2. What kind of miners do Scrooge and the Spirit visit?
3. What does the Spirit use to point?
(a) A tree branch.
(b) His finger.
(c) A measuring stick.
(d) His gaze.
4. When Scrooge is returned to his bedroom, what does he wake up clutching?
(b) His bedpost.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His pillow.
5. What does Scrooge notice is changing about the Spirit as they make their way through the Christmas celebrations?
(a) He is aging.
(b) He is shrinking.
(c) He is growing.
(d) He is glowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the family that Scrooge visits so happy to hear of the death of the dead man?
2. What does the spirit tell Scrooge will happen to Tim?
3. Who does the Spirit say that the children belong to?
4. What does the Spirit ask Scrooge to touch in order to be transported?
5. What is Tim's attitude to being ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scrooge witness at the pawnshop?
2. What does Scrooge promise to the Spirit in exchange for a chance to change his fate?
3. What does the Spirit inform Scrooge is the fate of Tiny Tim?
4. What is the state of Tiny Tim?
5. How do the party-goers respond to Fred's opinion of his uncle?
6. What is Fred's opinion of his uncle Scrooge?
7. How does Scrooge react to the music and the games of Fred's Christmas party?
8. What does Scrooge see when he visits the family eating dinner at the table?
9. What happens when Scrooge awakens thinking he will soon see the second visitor?
10. What are the businessmen in the stock exchange discussing?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)