|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name do the men give to the man who has died?
(a) Old Scratch.
(b) Young Scrape.
(c) Tall Sip.
(d) Short Shine.
2. What is the Spirit's response to the question of whether these are the things that will surely come to pass?
(a) The Spirit gives no answer.
(b) These things may come to pass if things are not changed.
(c) No, these things will not come to pass.
(d) Yes, they will pass certainly.
3. Which family does the Spirit take Scrooge to revisit?
(a) The lighthouse workers.
(b) The Marleys.
(c) The Cratchits.
(d) The miners.
4. What part of Tim's body does not work properly?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His arms.
(c) His legs.
(d) His ears.
5. What does Scrooge see in all the Christmases that he visited with the Spirit?
(a) Happiness and love.
(b) Misery at the state of the world.
(c) The fact that, like Scrooge, many people don't celebrate Christmas.
(d) Anger at Scrooge's selfishness.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Scrooge first sees the third Spirit, what does he do involuntarily?
2. What has changed about the Cratchit family during the visit with the third Spirit?
3. How do the Cratchit children respond to Christmas?
4. Who does Fred claim is being harmed by Scrooge's attitude?
5. Who says that they have no patience for Scrooge's attitude and behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. What other Christmases does the second Spirit take Scrooge to witness?
2. What does Scrooge see when he enters the cemetery?
3. What is striking about the appearance of the third spirit?
4. What is Scrooge's response to the things that he sees in the cemetery?
5. What is Fred's opinion of his uncle Scrooge?
6. How does Scrooge react to the arrival of the third Spirit?
7. What clings to the robe of the second spirit?
8. How does Scrooge react to the music and the games of Fred's Christmas party?
9. What happens when Scrooge awakens thinking he will soon see the second visitor?
10. What is the state of Tiny Tim?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)