|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scrooge promise to honor, from the bottom of his heart?
(c) The Spirit.
2. Who does Scrooge visit and witness singing Christmas songs and reminiscing of Christmas memories?
3. In the cemetery, what part of the Spirit's body begins to tremble?
(a) His ears.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His hands.
(d) His legs.
4. What is Mrs. Cratchit preparing for their Christmas meal?
5. How does Scrooge feel about the party that Fred is holding on Christmas?
(a) He enjoys himself.
(b) He doesn't understand it.
(c) He despises it.
(d) He thinks it is silly.
6. Who says that they have no patience for Scrooge's attitude and behavior?
(a) Bob Cratchit.
(b) The attendents of Fred's party.
(c) The lighthouse workers.
(d) The Spirit.
7. What is the name of the third Spirit?
(a) The Ghost of Christmas Past.
(b) The Ghost of Christmas That Never Was.
(c) The Ghost of Christmas Present.
(d) The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come.
8. What is the name of Scrooge's second visitor?
(a) The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come.
(b) The Ghost of Christmas Present.
(c) The Ghost of Christmas Past.
(d) The Ghost of Christmas Spirit.
9. In what type of establishment does Scrooge see the laundress?
(a) At a beauty salon.
(b) At a laundromat.
(c) At a funeral parlor.
(d) At a pawnshop.
10. What does the Cratchit family believe about the death of their family member?
(a) That it will tear them apart.
(b) That it is a Christmas gift.
(c) That it will bring them closer together.
(d) That it is the fault of Ebenezer Scrooge.
11. Why is the family that Scrooge visits so happy to hear of the death of the dead man?
(a) Because they owed the dead man money.
(b) Because the father will take over the dead man's job.
(c) Because the dead man left them a large inheritance.
(d) Because the dead man was a crooked politician.
12. What instrument is being played at Fred's Christmas party?
(a) A violin.
(b) A cello.
(c) A flute.
(d) A harp.
13. Which of the following best describes the death of the man in town?
14. Who asks the Spirit if these events are the things that "Will be, or are they shadows of things that May be, only?"
(a) Bob Cratchit.
(c) Tiny Tim.
(d) Jacob Marley.
15. At what time does the Spirit leave Scrooge?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the Spirit say that his earthly life will last?
2. What color is the robe of the third spirit that comes to visit Scrooge?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe the third Spirit?
4. How does Scrooge feel toward the third Spirit?
5. Who does the Spirit say that the children belong to?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)