|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Scrooge is returned to his bedroom, what does he wake up clutching?
(a) His pillow.
(c) His bedpost.
(d) His wallet.
2. What part of Tim's body does not work properly?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His arms.
(c) His ears.
(d) His legs.
3. What has changed about the Cratchit family during the visit with the third Spirit?
(a) They no longer believe in Christmas.
(b) Bob no longer works for Ebenezer Scrooge.
(c) They are no longer happy.
(d) They are no longer poor.
4. How do the Cratchit children respond to Christmas?
(a) With excitement.
(b) With longing.
(c) With apathy.
(d) With confusion.
5. How does Scrooge feel about the party that Fred is holding on Christmas?
(a) He despises it.
(b) He enjoys himself.
(c) He doesn't understand it.
(d) He thinks it is silly.
6. What does the spirit tell Scrooge will happen to Tim?
(a) He will graduate at the top of his class.
(b) He will become a miser.
(c) He will die.
(d) He will be healed.
7. How does Scrooge feel toward the third Spirit?
(a) He believes he can trick the Spirit into leaving him alone.
(b) He is anxious to get back home.
(c) He is tired of having so many visitors.
(d) He is eager to learn the Spirit's lesson.
8. What does Scrooge see in all the Christmases that he visited with the Spirit?
(a) The fact that, like Scrooge, many people don't celebrate Christmas.
(b) Happiness and love.
(c) Misery at the state of the world.
(d) Anger at Scrooge's selfishness.
9. Whose home does the second visitor first take Scrooge to?
(a) His nephew Fred's.
(b) Bob Cratchit's.
(c) Jacob Marley's.
(d) Old Fezziwig's.
10. What has the laundress stolen from the dead body, which Scrooge finds most shocking?
(a) His candlesticks.
(b) His bed sheets.
(c) His books.
(d) His wallet.
11. Which of the following does NOT describe the Scrooge's second visitor?
(a) He had short, red hair.
(b) He was wearing a green robe.
(c) He had bare feet.
(d) He wore holly in a wreath on his head.
12. Who does the Spirit say that the children belong to?
(a) To Man.
(b) To Scrooge.
(c) To the heavens.
(d) To the Spirit world.
13. What is the name of the girl who grasps at the Spirit's robe?
14. What is the name of the boy who grasps at the Spirit's robe?
15. When Scrooge awakens before his second visitor, what has filled his room?
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the blank: What message does the Cratchit family embrace? That even in _______ there is hope.
2. When Scrooge first sees the third Spirit, what does he do involuntarily?
3. What does the Spirit use to point?
4. Who says the line "Let me see some tenderness connected with a death" ?
5. Which of the following best describes the laundress that Scrooge sees in town?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)