|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Spirit say that the children belong to?
(a) To the heavens.
(b) To Man.
(c) To Scrooge.
(d) To the Spirit world.
2. When Scrooge is returned to his bedroom, what does he wake up clutching?
(b) His wallet.
(c) His bedpost.
(d) His pillow.
3. Before his second visitor, how does Scrooge wake himself?
(a) With a shout.
(b) With a cough.
(c) With a snore.
(d) With a hiccup.
4. In what type of establishment does Scrooge see the laundress?
(a) At a beauty salon.
(b) At a funeral parlor.
(c) At a pawnshop.
(d) At a laundromat.
5. What does Scrooge ask the Spirit to be quick to share?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His food.
(c) His lesson.
(d) His money.
6. What is Tim's attitude to being ill?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is still joyful.
(c) He hasn't been told.
(d) He is confused.
7. What does the third Spirit say to Scrooge when he sees him?
(a) Nothing, the Spirit cannot speak.
(b) "Merry Christmas, Scrooge."
(c) "Bah humbug!"
(d) "Come with me, sir."
8. Which of the following best describes the laundress that Scrooge sees in town?
9. In response to the death in the family, which character reacts generously to the family?
(a) Jacob Marley.
10. What has the laundress stolen from the dead body, which Scrooge finds most shocking?
(a) His books.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His candlesticks.
(d) His bed sheets.
11. How does Bob Cratchit carry around Tiny Tim?
(a) In his arms.
(b) On his back.
(c) On his shoulders.
(d) In his hands.
12. What is the state of the two children who grasp at the Spirit's robe?
(a) They are fat.
(b) They are healthy.
(c) They are mute.
(d) They are sickly.
13. Who says that they have no patience for Scrooge's attitude and behavior?
(a) Bob Cratchit.
(b) The attendents of Fred's party.
(c) The Spirit.
(d) The lighthouse workers.
14. In the cemetery, what part of the Spirit's body begins to tremble?
(a) His legs.
(b) His ears.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His hands.
15. What does the Cratchit family believe about the death of their family member?
(a) That it is the fault of Ebenezer Scrooge.
(b) That it will tear them apart.
(c) That it is a Christmas gift.
(d) That it will bring them closer together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scrooge see in all the Christmases that he visited with the Spirit?
2. What is the name on the tombstone that Scrooge finds himself at?
3. What are the lighthouse workers drinking on Christmas?
4. What does the Spirit use to point?
5. What does Scrooge do after he sees the name on the tombstone?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)