|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bob Cratchit carry around Tiny Tim?
(a) On his back.
(b) In his hands.
(c) In his arms.
(d) On his shoulders.
2. What does the Spirit use to point?
(a) A tree branch.
(b) His gaze.
(c) A measuring stick.
(d) His finger.
3. What does Scrooge do after he sees the name on the tombstone?
4. How does Scrooge react to the news of Tim's future?
(a) He is ashamed.
(b) He is proud.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is apathetic.
5. What instrument is being played at Fred's Christmas party?
(a) A violin.
(b) A harp.
(c) A cello.
(d) A flute.
6. When Scrooge is returned to his bedroom, what does he wake up clutching?
(a) His bedpost.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His pillow.
7. Before his second visitor, how does Scrooge wake himself?
(a) With a snore.
(b) With a hiccup.
(c) With a cough.
(d) With a shout.
8. What is the name of Scrooge's second visitor?
(a) The Ghost of Christmas Spirit.
(b) The Ghost of Christmas Present.
(c) The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come.
(d) The Ghost of Christmas Past.
9. What part of Tim's body does not work properly?
(a) His arms.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His ears.
(d) His legs.
10. What does Scrooge see in all the Christmases that he visited with the Spirit?
(a) Misery at the state of the world.
(b) Happiness and love.
(c) Anger at Scrooge's selfishness.
(d) The fact that, like Scrooge, many people don't celebrate Christmas.
11. What has changed about the Cratchit family during the visit with the third Spirit?
(a) They are no longer happy.
(b) They are no longer poor.
(c) They no longer believe in Christmas.
(d) Bob no longer works for Ebenezer Scrooge.
12. When Scrooge first sees the third Spirit, what does he do involuntarily?
13. In whose name is the Christmas toast given?
(a) Ebenezer Scrooge.
(b) Old Fezziwig.
(c) Jacob Marley.
(d) Tim Cratchit.
14. What is the name of the girl who grasps at the Spirit's robe?
15. Why is the family that Scrooge visits so happy to hear of the death of the dead man?
(a) Because they owed the dead man money.
(b) Because the father will take over the dead man's job.
(c) Because the dead man was a crooked politician.
(d) Because the dead man left them a large inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose home does the second visitor first take Scrooge to?
2. What is the name of the third Spirit?
3. What is the state of the two children who grasp at the Spirit's robe?
4. What is the name of the Cratchit's youngest child?
5. Who does Scrooge visit and witness singing Christmas songs and reminiscing of Christmas memories?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)