|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the businessmen wonder about the dead man's funeral?
(a) Who would attend it?
(b) Who would read the benediction?
(c) Where it would be held?
(d) Who would pay for it?
2. What does Scrooge notice is changing about the Spirit as they make their way through the Christmas celebrations?
(a) He is glowing.
(b) He is shrinking.
(c) He is aging.
(d) He is growing.
3. In what type of establishment does Scrooge see the laundress?
(a) At a laundromat.
(b) At a funeral parlor.
(c) At a beauty salon.
(d) At a pawnshop.
4. What is the name of the Cratchit's youngest child?
5. What type of Christmas does Scrooge overhear Fred wishing him?
(a) A happy one.
(b) A life-changing one.
(c) A miserable one.
(d) A lonely one.
6. What type of men are discussing the death?
(b) Homeless men.
7. How does Scrooge react to the news of Tim's future?
(a) He is ashamed.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is proud.
8. What does Scrooge do after he sees the name on the tombstone?
9. How does Scrooge react to the games that were played at Fred's party?
(a) He attmepted to ruin them.
(b) He thought they were stupid.
(c) He didn't understand them.
(d) He tried to join in.
10. How long does the Spirit say that his earthly life will last?
(a) One hour.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
11. Who asks the Spirit if these events are the things that "Will be, or are they shadows of things that May be, only?"
(b) Jacob Marley.
(c) Bob Cratchit.
(d) Tiny Tim.
12. When Scrooge first sees the third Spirit, what does he do involuntarily?
13. What is the name of the boy who grasps at the Spirit's robe?
14. What does Scrooge ask the Spirit to be quick to share?
(a) His food.
(b) His money.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His lesson.
15. In response to the death in the family, which character reacts generously to the family?
(c) Jacob Marley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the family that Scrooge visits so happy to hear of the death of the dead man?
2. Who says that they have no patience for Scrooge's attitude and behavior?
3. Where do Scrooge and the third Spirit overhear the first conversation about death?
4. What kind of miners do Scrooge and the Spirit visit?
5. In the streets of London, who does the Spirit sprinkle a mysterious water on?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)