|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scrooge react to the games that were played at Fred's party?
(a) He tried to join in.
(b) He attmepted to ruin them.
(c) He thought they were stupid.
(d) He didn't understand them.
2. Why is the family that Scrooge visits so happy to hear of the death of the dead man?
(a) Because the father will take over the dead man's job.
(b) Because they owed the dead man money.
(c) Because the dead man left them a large inheritance.
(d) Because the dead man was a crooked politician.
3. When Scrooge is returned to his bedroom, what does he wake up clutching?
(a) His wallet.
(c) His bedpost.
(d) His pillow.
4. How does Scrooge react to the news of Tim's future?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is proud.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is ashamed.
5. What is the name of the boy who grasps at the Spirit's robe?
6. In whose name is the Christmas toast given?
(a) Tim Cratchit.
(b) Old Fezziwig.
(c) Ebenezer Scrooge.
(d) Jacob Marley.
7. What is the name of the Cratchit's youngest child?
8. What does Scrooge notice is changing about the Spirit as they make their way through the Christmas celebrations?
(a) He is glowing.
(b) He is growing.
(c) He is shrinking.
(d) He is aging.
9. What instrument is being played at Fred's Christmas party?
(a) A violin.
(b) A cello.
(c) A harp.
(d) A flute.
10. How do the Cratchit children respond to Christmas?
(a) With confusion.
(b) With apathy.
(c) With longing.
(d) With excitement.
11. How long does the Spirit say that his earthly life will last?
(a) One day.
(b) One hour.
(d) One week.
12. What is the name of the third Spirit?
(a) The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come.
(b) The Ghost of Christmas That Never Was.
(c) The Ghost of Christmas Past.
(d) The Ghost of Christmas Present.
13. Where is Scrooge when he realizes that in the future he will be dead?
(a) In his office.
(b) At the courts.
(c) Lying in bed.
(d) In the cemetary.
14. Whose home does the second visitor first take Scrooge to?
(a) Old Fezziwig's.
(b) His nephew Fred's.
(c) Jacob Marley's.
(d) Bob Cratchit's.
15. What is the name of the girl who grasps at the Spirit's robe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scrooge ask the Spirit to be quick to share?
2. What part of Tim's body does not work properly?
3. What feeling floods Scrooge when he meets the third Spirit?
4. In the cemetery, what part of the Spirit shrinks and collapses?
5. What does Scrooge see in all the Christmases that he visited with the Spirit?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)