|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the cemetery, what part of the Spirit shrinks and collapses?
(a) His heart.
(b) His robe.
(c) His head.
(d) His voice.
2. Who does Fred claim is being harmed by Scrooge's attitude?
(a) All humanity.
(b) His community.
(c) Only Scrooge.
(d) His family.
3. What is Mrs. Cratchit preparing for their Christmas meal?
4. In what type of establishment does Scrooge see the laundress?
(a) At a funeral parlor.
(b) At a pawnshop.
(c) At a beauty salon.
(d) At a laundromat.
5. How does Scrooge feel about the party that Fred is holding on Christmas?
(a) He enjoys himself.
(b) He despises it.
(c) He thinks it is silly.
(d) He doesn't understand it.
6. In the cemetery, what part of the Spirit's body begins to tremble?
(a) His legs.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His hands.
(d) His ears.
7. What name do the men give to the man who has died?
(a) Short Shine.
(b) Tall Sip.
(c) Old Scratch.
(d) Young Scrape.
8. How does Scrooge feel toward the third Spirit?
(a) He is anxious to get back home.
(b) He is eager to learn the Spirit's lesson.
(c) He believes he can trick the Spirit into leaving him alone.
(d) He is tired of having so many visitors.
9. What is the name of the boy who grasps at the Spirit's robe?
10. What is the name of the Cratchit's youngest child?
11. How does Scrooge react to the games that were played at Fred's party?
(a) He attmepted to ruin them.
(b) He thought they were stupid.
(c) He didn't understand them.
(d) He tried to join in.
12. Which of the following does NOT describe the Scrooge's second visitor?
(a) He was wearing a green robe.
(b) He wore holly in a wreath on his head.
(c) He had short, red hair.
(d) He had bare feet.
13. At what time does the Spirit leave Scrooge?
14. What has changed about the Cratchit family during the visit with the third Spirit?
(a) They are no longer happy.
(b) They no longer believe in Christmas.
(c) Bob no longer works for Ebenezer Scrooge.
(d) They are no longer poor.
15. What part of Tim's body does not work properly?
(a) His arms.
(b) His legs.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His ears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose home does the second visitor first take Scrooge to?
2. What is the general emotion surrounding the death of the man in town?
3. What kind of miners do Scrooge and the Spirit visit?
4. What is the name on the tombstone that Scrooge finds himself at?
5. What is the state of the two children who grasp at the Spirit's robe?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)