|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the laundress stolen from the dead body, which Scrooge finds most shocking?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His books.
(c) His bed sheets.
(d) His candlesticks.
2. Who does Scrooge decide that he would like to catch a glimpse of now that he has recognized that he is seeing the future?
(a) Tiny Tim.
(c) Bob Cratchit.
(d) Jacob Marley.
3. What is the name of the third Spirit?
(a) The Ghost of Christmas Past.
(b) The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come.
(c) The Ghost of Christmas Present.
(d) The Ghost of Christmas That Never Was.
4. What is the Spirit's response to the question of whether these are the things that will surely come to pass?
(a) These things may come to pass if things are not changed.
(b) The Spirit gives no answer.
(c) Yes, they will pass certainly.
(d) No, these things will not come to pass.
5. How does Scrooge feel toward the third Spirit?
(a) He is anxious to get back home.
(b) He is eager to learn the Spirit's lesson.
(c) He is tired of having so many visitors.
(d) He believes he can trick the Spirit into leaving him alone.
6. Which of the following does NOT describe the third Spirit?
(a) He was dark.
(b) He was mute.
(c) He was kind
(d) He was tall.
7. What has changed about the Cratchit family during the visit with the third Spirit?
(a) They no longer believe in Christmas.
(b) They are no longer happy.
(c) Bob no longer works for Ebenezer Scrooge.
(d) They are no longer poor.
8. Where is Scrooge when he realizes that in the future he will be dead?
(a) Lying in bed.
(b) In the cemetary.
(c) At the courts.
(d) In his office.
9. Where does Scrooge believe that he should be at that time of day, in the future?
(a) In the cemetary.
(b) At the courts.
(c) Lying in bed.
(d) In his office.
10. What did the businessmen wonder about the dead man's funeral?
(a) Who would read the benediction?
(b) Who would pay for it?
(c) Who would attend it?
(d) Where it would be held?
11. What is the name of Scrooge's second visitor?
(a) The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come.
(b) The Ghost of Christmas Spirit.
(c) The Ghost of Christmas Past.
(d) The Ghost of Christmas Present.
12. At what time does the Spirit leave Scrooge?
13. Why is the family that Scrooge visits so happy to hear of the death of the dead man?
(a) Because the father will take over the dead man's job.
(b) Because the dead man left them a large inheritance.
(c) Because they owed the dead man money.
(d) Because the dead man was a crooked politician.
14. Which family does the Spirit take Scrooge to revisit?
(a) The lighthouse workers.
(b) The Marleys.
(c) The miners.
(d) The Cratchits.
15. What does Scrooge ask the Spirit to be quick to share?
(a) His money.
(b) His lesson.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name on the tombstone that Scrooge finds himself at?
2. What type of Christmas does Scrooge overhear Fred wishing him?
3. When Scrooge awakens before his second visitor, what has filled his room?
4. What does the Cratchit family believe about the death of their family member?
5. What does Scrooge see in all the Christmases that he visited with the Spirit?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)