|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scrooge feel about the party that Fred is holding on Christmas?
(a) He thinks it is silly.
(b) He doesn't understand it.
(c) He enjoys himself.
(d) He despises it.
2. What does the third Spirit say to Scrooge when he sees him?
(a) "Come with me, sir."
(b) "Bah humbug!"
(c) "Merry Christmas, Scrooge."
(d) Nothing, the Spirit cannot speak.
3. What is the general emotion surrounding the death of the man in town?
4. What part of Tim's body does not work properly?
(a) His arms.
(b) His ears.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His legs.
5. How does Scrooge react to the games that were played at Fred's party?
(a) He tried to join in.
(b) He attmepted to ruin them.
(c) He thought they were stupid.
(d) He didn't understand them.
6. Who does Scrooge decide that he would like to catch a glimpse of now that he has recognized that he is seeing the future?
(a) Jacob Marley.
(b) Tiny Tim.
(c) Bob Cratchit.
7. What is the Spirit's response to the question of whether these are the things that will surely come to pass?
(a) These things may come to pass if things are not changed.
(b) No, these things will not come to pass.
(c) Yes, they will pass certainly.
(d) The Spirit gives no answer.
8. When Scrooge awakens before his second visitor, what has filled his room?
9. Where is Scrooge when he realizes that in the future he will be dead?
(a) In his office.
(b) Lying in bed.
(c) At the courts.
(d) In the cemetary.
10. Which of the following best describes the laundress that Scrooge sees in town?
11. Why is the family that Scrooge visits so happy to hear of the death of the dead man?
(a) Because they owed the dead man money.
(b) Because the dead man was a crooked politician.
(c) Because the dead man left them a large inheritance.
(d) Because the father will take over the dead man's job.
12. What does Scrooge promise to honor, from the bottom of his heart?
(b) The Spirit.
13. What does Scrooge ask the Spirit to be quick to share?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His lesson.
(c) His money.
(d) His food.
14. Who does Fred claim is being harmed by Scrooge's attitude?
(a) His community.
(b) Only Scrooge.
(c) His family.
(d) All humanity.
15. When Scrooge first sees the third Spirit, what does he do involuntarily?
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument is being played at Fred's Christmas party?
2. What has the laundress stolen from the dead body, which Scrooge finds most shocking?
3. What is the name of the girl who grasps at the Spirit's robe?
4. Who asks the Spirit if these events are the things that "Will be, or are they shadows of things that May be, only?"
5. What is the name of the boy who grasps at the Spirit's robe?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)