|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of miners do Scrooge and the Spirit visit?
2. What is the name of the third Spirit?
(a) The Ghost of Christmas That Never Was.
(b) The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come.
(c) The Ghost of Christmas Present.
(d) The Ghost of Christmas Past.
3. Why is the family that Scrooge visits so happy to hear of the death of the dead man?
(a) Because they owed the dead man money.
(b) Because the dead man was a crooked politician.
(c) Because the father will take over the dead man's job.
(d) Because the dead man left them a large inheritance.
4. Before his second visitor, how does Scrooge wake himself?
(a) With a snore.
(b) With a hiccup.
(c) With a shout.
(d) With a cough.
5. What does the third Spirit say to Scrooge when he sees him?
(a) "Bah humbug!"
(b) Nothing, the Spirit cannot speak.
(c) "Come with me, sir."
(d) "Merry Christmas, Scrooge."
6. What are the lighthouse workers drinking on Christmas?
(a) Spiced wine.
7. Whose home does the second visitor first take Scrooge to?
(a) Old Fezziwig's.
(b) Bob Cratchit's.
(c) Jacob Marley's.
(d) His nephew Fred's.
8. What has changed about the Cratchit family during the visit with the third Spirit?
(a) They no longer believe in Christmas.
(b) They are no longer poor.
(c) They are no longer happy.
(d) Bob no longer works for Ebenezer Scrooge.
9. Which of the following best describes the death of the man in town?
10. What does the Spirit use to point?
(a) A measuring stick.
(b) His gaze.
(c) His finger.
(d) A tree branch.
11. Where does Scrooge believe that he should be at that time of day, in the future?
(a) In his office.
(b) At the courts.
(c) In the cemetary.
(d) Lying in bed.
12. In what type of establishment does Scrooge see the laundress?
(a) At a funeral parlor.
(b) At a pawnshop.
(c) At a beauty salon.
(d) At a laundromat.
13. What part of Tim's body does not work properly?
(a) His legs.
(b) His arms.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His ears.
14. Who does Scrooge visit and witness singing Christmas songs and reminiscing of Christmas memories?
15. Who does Fred claim is being harmed by Scrooge's attitude?
(a) His family.
(b) His community.
(c) All humanity.
(d) Only Scrooge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of the two children who grasp at the Spirit's robe?
2. In the streets of London, who does the Spirit sprinkle a mysterious water on?
3. How does Bob Cratchit carry around Tiny Tim?
4. What did the businessmen wonder about the dead man's funeral?
5. What does Scrooge do after he sees the name on the tombstone?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)