|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scrooge react to the news of Tim's future?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is ashamed.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is proud.
2. In the streets of London, who does the Spirit sprinkle a mysterious water on?
(a) Those who were dancing.
(b) Those who were lonely.
(c) Those who were shopping.
(d) Those who were arguing.
3. How does Bob Cratchit carry around Tiny Tim?
(a) In his arms.
(b) On his back.
(c) On his shoulders.
(d) In his hands.
4. What does the Spirit use to point?
(a) His finger.
(b) A tree branch.
(c) His gaze.
(d) A measuring stick.
5. What did the businessmen wonder about the dead man's funeral?
(a) Who would attend it?
(b) Who would read the benediction?
(c) Where it would be held?
(d) Who would pay for it?
6. In response to the death in the family, which character reacts generously to the family?
(c) Jacob Marley.
7. In what type of establishment does Scrooge see the laundress?
(a) At a funeral parlor.
(b) At a beauty salon.
(c) At a pawnshop.
(d) At a laundromat.
8. How long does the Spirit say that his earthly life will last?
(a) One hour.
(b) One day.
(d) One week.
9. What is the name of the third Spirit?
(a) The Ghost of Christmas Past.
(b) The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come.
(c) The Ghost of Christmas That Never Was.
(d) The Ghost of Christmas Present.
10. Who does Fred claim is being harmed by Scrooge's attitude?
(a) Only Scrooge.
(b) His community.
(c) All humanity.
(d) His family.
11. Whose home does the second visitor first take Scrooge to?
(a) Old Fezziwig's.
(b) His nephew Fred's.
(c) Bob Cratchit's.
(d) Jacob Marley's.
12. Where is Scrooge when he realizes that in the future he will be dead?
(a) In the cemetary.
(b) At the courts.
(c) Lying in bed.
(d) In his office.
13. What color is the robe of the third spirit that comes to visit Scrooge?
14. What is the state of the two children who grasp at the Spirit's robe?
(a) They are healthy.
(b) They are fat.
(c) They are sickly.
(d) They are mute.
15. What does Scrooge notice is changing about the Spirit as they make their way through the Christmas celebrations?
(a) He is shrinking.
(b) He is aging.
(c) He is glowing.
(d) He is growing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the Christmas toast in the Cratchit home?
2. What instrument is being played at Fred's Christmas party?
3. In the cemetery, what part of the Spirit shrinks and collapses?
4. Where does Scrooge believe that he should be at that time of day, in the future?
5. How does the crowd respond to Fred's wishing of Scrooge's Christmas?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)