|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Spirit takes Scrooge to see the Cratchits, which character has died?
(a) Tiny Tim Cratchit.
(b) Peter Cratchit.
(c) Martha Cratchit.
(d) Bob Cratchit.
2. When Scrooge first sees the third Spirit, what does he do involuntarily?
3. In whose name is the Christmas toast given?
(a) Tim Cratchit.
(b) Ebenezer Scrooge.
(c) Old Fezziwig.
(d) Jacob Marley.
4. In the cemetery, what part of the Spirit shrinks and collapses?
(a) His head.
(b) His robe.
(c) His heart.
(d) His voice.
5. Which of the following best describes the death of the man in town?
6. What does Scrooge see in all the Christmases that he visited with the Spirit?
(a) Misery at the state of the world.
(b) Anger at Scrooge's selfishness.
(c) The fact that, like Scrooge, many people don't celebrate Christmas.
(d) Happiness and love.
7. Who does Fred claim is being harmed by Scrooge's attitude?
(a) Only Scrooge.
(b) His community.
(c) All humanity.
(d) His family.
8. What are the lighthouse workers drinking on Christmas?
(a) Spiced wine.
9. Fill in the blank: What message does the Cratchit family embrace? That even in _______ there is hope.
10. What does the Spirit use to point?
(a) His gaze.
(b) A tree branch.
(c) A measuring stick.
(d) His finger.
11. What name do the men give to the man who has died?
(a) Young Scrape.
(b) Short Shine.
(c) Old Scratch.
(d) Tall Sip.
12. What kind of miners do Scrooge and the Spirit visit?
13. Whose home does the second visitor first take Scrooge to?
(a) Jacob Marley's.
(b) Bob Cratchit's.
(c) Old Fezziwig's.
(d) His nephew Fred's.
14. Before his second visitor, how does Scrooge wake himself?
(a) With a shout.
(b) With a snore.
(c) With a hiccup.
(d) With a cough.
15. In response to the death in the family, which character reacts generously to the family?
(c) Jacob Marley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the third Spirit?
2. What is the name of Scrooge's second visitor?
3. What type of Christmas does Scrooge overhear Fred wishing him?
4. What does the Cratchit family believe about the death of their family member?
5. Who says the line "Let me see some tenderness connected with a death" ?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)