|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scrooge ask the Spirit to be quick to share?
(a) His food.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His money.
(d) His lesson.
2. What does the third Spirit say to Scrooge when he sees him?
(a) "Merry Christmas, Scrooge."
(b) Nothing, the Spirit cannot speak.
(c) "Bah humbug!"
(d) "Come with me, sir."
3. Where do Scrooge and the third Spirit overhear the first conversation about death?
(a) In the church.
(b) At the children's playground.
(c) In Scrooge's warehouse.
(d) At the stock exchange.
4. What does Scrooge do after he sees the name on the tombstone?
5. What instrument is being played at Fred's Christmas party?
(a) A flute.
(b) A harp.
(c) A violin.
(d) A cello.
6. Whose home does the second visitor first take Scrooge to?
(a) Old Fezziwig's.
(b) Bob Cratchit's.
(c) Jacob Marley's.
(d) His nephew Fred's.
7. What has changed about the Cratchit family during the visit with the third Spirit?
(a) They no longer believe in Christmas.
(b) They are no longer happy.
(c) They are no longer poor.
(d) Bob no longer works for Ebenezer Scrooge.
8. Which of the following does NOT describe the Scrooge's second visitor?
(a) He wore holly in a wreath on his head.
(b) He had short, red hair.
(c) He was wearing a green robe.
(d) He had bare feet.
9. What is the name of the boy who grasps at the Spirit's robe?
10. Which of the following does NOT describe the third Spirit?
(a) He was kind
(b) He was dark.
(c) He was tall.
(d) He was mute.
11. What is the state of the two children who grasp at the Spirit's robe?
(a) They are mute.
(b) They are sickly.
(c) They are healthy.
(d) They are fat.
12. How does Scrooge react to the games that were played at Fred's party?
(a) He thought they were stupid.
(b) He didn't understand them.
(c) He attmepted to ruin them.
(d) He tried to join in.
13. What are the lighthouse workers drinking on Christmas?
(c) Spiced wine.
14. Where does Scrooge believe that he should be at that time of day, in the future?
(a) In his office.
(b) At the courts.
(c) Lying in bed.
(d) In the cemetary.
15. What does the Spirit use to point?
(a) A measuring stick.
(b) His gaze.
(c) His finger.
(d) A tree branch.
Short Answer Questions
1. In response to the death in the family, which character reacts generously to the family?
2. What feeling floods Scrooge when he meets the third Spirit?
3. In the streets of London, who does the Spirit sprinkle a mysterious water on?
4. Who does the Spirit say that the children belong to?
5. How do the Cratchit children respond to Christmas?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)