|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the crowd respond to Fred's wishing of Scrooge's Christmas?
(a) With agreement.
(b) With apathy.
(c) No one hears him.
(d) With disagreement.
2. What is the name on the tombstone that Scrooge finds himself at?
(a) Bob Cratchit.
(b) Timothy Cratchit.
(c) Jacob Marley.
(d) Ebenezer Scrooge.
3. In the cemetery, what part of the Spirit shrinks and collapses?
(a) His head.
(b) His robe.
(c) His heart.
(d) His voice.
4. Before his second visitor, how does Scrooge wake himself?
(a) With a hiccup.
(b) With a shout.
(c) With a snore.
(d) With a cough.
5. What color is the robe of the third spirit that comes to visit Scrooge?
6. Where is Scrooge when he realizes that in the future he will be dead?
(a) At the courts.
(b) In the cemetary.
(c) Lying in bed.
(d) In his office.
7. Who does Fred claim is being harmed by Scrooge's attitude?
(a) His family.
(b) His community.
(c) Only Scrooge.
(d) All humanity.
8. What type of Christmas does Scrooge overhear Fred wishing him?
(a) A lonely one.
(b) A happy one.
(c) A life-changing one.
(d) A miserable one.
9. What are the lighthouse workers drinking on Christmas?
(c) Spiced wine.
10. Fill in the blank: What message does the Cratchit family embrace? That even in _______ there is hope.
11. In the streets of London, who does the Spirit sprinkle a mysterious water on?
(a) Those who were dancing.
(b) Those who were shopping.
(c) Those who were lonely.
(d) Those who were arguing.
12. What does Scrooge notice is changing about the Spirit as they make their way through the Christmas celebrations?
(a) He is growing.
(b) He is glowing.
(c) He is shrinking.
(d) He is aging.
13. What part of Tim's body does not work properly?
(a) His arms.
(b) His legs.
(c) His ears.
(d) His eyes.
14. What is the name of the girl who grasps at the Spirit's robe?
15. Who does Scrooge visit and witness singing Christmas songs and reminiscing of Christmas memories?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Scrooge is returned to his bedroom, what does he wake up clutching?
2. What has changed about the Cratchit family during the visit with the third Spirit?
3. When Scrooge awakens before his second visitor, what has filled his room?
4. What is the name of Scrooge's second visitor?
5. What is the name of the third Spirit?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)