|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of the two children who grasp at the Spirit's robe?
(a) They are sickly.
(b) They are healthy.
(c) They are mute.
(d) They are fat.
2. Which of the following does NOT describe the third Spirit?
(a) He was kind
(b) He was dark.
(c) He was mute.
(d) He was tall.
3. What part of Tim's body does not work properly?
(a) His arms.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His ears.
(d) His legs.
4. What is the name of the girl who grasps at the Spirit's robe?
5. How does Scrooge feel about the party that Fred is holding on Christmas?
(a) He doesn't understand it.
(b) He enjoys himself.
(c) He despises it.
(d) He thinks it is silly.
6. Who does Scrooge visit and witness singing Christmas songs and reminiscing of Christmas memories?
7. What does the Cratchit family believe about the death of their family member?
(a) That it is a Christmas gift.
(b) That it will bring them closer together.
(c) That it is the fault of Ebenezer Scrooge.
(d) That it will tear them apart.
8. What does Scrooge ask the Spirit to be quick to share?
(a) His food.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His money.
(d) His lesson.
9. What feeling floods Scrooge when he meets the third Spirit?
10. When Scrooge awakens before his second visitor, what has filled his room?
11. What does Scrooge notice is changing about the Spirit as they make their way through the Christmas celebrations?
(a) He is glowing.
(b) He is shrinking.
(c) He is aging.
(d) He is growing.
12. What does Scrooge do after he sees the name on the tombstone?
13. What did the businessmen wonder about the dead man's funeral?
(a) Who would attend it?
(b) Where it would be held?
(c) Who would read the benediction?
(d) Who would pay for it?
14. Before his second visitor, how does Scrooge wake himself?
(a) With a cough.
(b) With a snore.
(c) With a hiccup.
(d) With a shout.
15. Fill in the blank: What message does the Cratchit family embrace? That even in _______ there is hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the laundress that Scrooge sees in town?
2. When the Spirit takes Scrooge to see the Cratchits, which character has died?
3. Who does the Spirit say that the children belong to?
4. What is the name of the third Spirit?
5. In the cemetery, what part of the Spirit's body begins to tremble?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)