|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scrooge react to the news of Tim's future?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is ashamed.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is proud.
2. Who gives the Christmas toast in the Cratchit home?
3. In the cemetery, what part of the Spirit's body begins to tremble?
(a) His hands.
(b) His legs.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His ears.
4. What color is the robe of the third spirit that comes to visit Scrooge?
5. Whose home does the second visitor first take Scrooge to?
(a) Bob Cratchit's.
(b) Old Fezziwig's.
(c) His nephew Fred's.
(d) Jacob Marley's.
6. What type of Christmas does Scrooge overhear Fred wishing him?
(a) A happy one.
(b) A lonely one.
(c) A life-changing one.
(d) A miserable one.
7. Why is the family that Scrooge visits so happy to hear of the death of the dead man?
(a) Because they owed the dead man money.
(b) Because the father will take over the dead man's job.
(c) Because the dead man left them a large inheritance.
(d) Because the dead man was a crooked politician.
8. When Scrooge first sees the third Spirit, what does he do involuntarily?
9. What is the name of the Cratchit's youngest child?
10. When Scrooge is returned to his bedroom, what does he wake up clutching?
(a) His pillow.
(b) His bedpost.
(c) His wallet.
11. How long does the Spirit say that his earthly life will last?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(d) One hour.
12. Which of the following best describes the death of the man in town?
13. What is the state of the two children who grasp at the Spirit's robe?
(a) They are healthy.
(b) They are sickly.
(c) They are fat.
(d) They are mute.
14. How does Scrooge feel toward the third Spirit?
(a) He is anxious to get back home.
(b) He is eager to learn the Spirit's lesson.
(c) He believes he can trick the Spirit into leaving him alone.
(d) He is tired of having so many visitors.
15. What does the Spirit use to point?
(a) A measuring stick.
(b) His gaze.
(c) His finger.
(d) A tree branch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Cratchit preparing for their Christmas meal?
2. What is the name of the boy who grasps at the Spirit's robe?
3. What kind of miners do Scrooge and the Spirit visit?
4. How does the crowd respond to Fred's wishing of Scrooge's Christmas?
5. Who does Scrooge decide that he would like to catch a glimpse of now that he has recognized that he is seeing the future?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)