|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the general emotion surrounding the death of the man in town?
2. Who does Fred claim is being harmed by Scrooge's attitude?
(a) His community.
(b) Only Scrooge.
(c) All humanity.
(d) His family.
3. What instrument is being played at Fred's Christmas party?
(a) A flute.
(b) A violin.
(c) A harp.
(d) A cello.
4. In the cemetery, what part of the Spirit's body begins to tremble?
(a) His hands.
(b) His ears.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His legs.
5. What has changed about the Cratchit family during the visit with the third Spirit?
(a) They are no longer poor.
(b) Bob no longer works for Ebenezer Scrooge.
(c) They no longer believe in Christmas.
(d) They are no longer happy.
6. Who does Scrooge visit and witness singing Christmas songs and reminiscing of Christmas memories?
7. What is the name on the tombstone that Scrooge finds himself at?
(a) Timothy Cratchit.
(b) Ebenezer Scrooge.
(c) Bob Cratchit.
(d) Jacob Marley.
8. Which family does the Spirit take Scrooge to revisit?
(a) The miners.
(b) The Marleys.
(c) The Cratchits.
(d) The lighthouse workers.
9. What feeling floods Scrooge when he meets the third Spirit?
10. What does Scrooge see in all the Christmases that he visited with the Spirit?
(a) Happiness and love.
(b) Misery at the state of the world.
(c) Anger at Scrooge's selfishness.
(d) The fact that, like Scrooge, many people don't celebrate Christmas.
11. How does Bob Cratchit carry around Tiny Tim?
(a) On his shoulders.
(b) In his arms.
(c) On his back.
(d) In his hands.
12. In the cemetery, what part of the Spirit shrinks and collapses?
(a) His heart.
(b) His voice.
(c) His head.
(d) His robe.
13. How does Scrooge feel about the party that Fred is holding on Christmas?
(a) He doesn't understand it.
(b) He thinks it is silly.
(c) He enjoys himself.
(d) He despises it.
14. What did the businessmen wonder about the dead man's funeral?
(a) Who would attend it?
(b) Where it would be held?
(c) Who would pay for it?
(d) Who would read the benediction?
15. How does Scrooge react to the news of Tim's future?
(a) He is ashamed.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is proud.
(d) He is confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Scrooge's second visitor?
2. What color is the robe of the third spirit that comes to visit Scrooge?
3. What is the name of the girl who grasps at the Spirit's robe?
4. Who gives the Christmas toast in the Cratchit home?
5. Where do Scrooge and the third Spirit overhear the first conversation about death?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)