|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the streets of London, who does the Spirit sprinkle a mysterious water on?
(a) Those who were shopping.
(b) Those who were arguing.
(c) Those who were dancing.
(d) Those who were lonely.
2. What does the spirit tell Scrooge will happen to Tim?
(a) He will graduate at the top of his class.
(b) He will become a miser.
(c) He will be healed.
(d) He will die.
3. What is the Spirit's response to the question of whether these are the things that will surely come to pass?
(a) No, these things will not come to pass.
(b) These things may come to pass if things are not changed.
(c) The Spirit gives no answer.
(d) Yes, they will pass certainly.
4. What instrument is being played at Fred's Christmas party?
(a) A flute.
(b) A cello.
(c) A harp.
(d) A violin.
5. Where does Scrooge believe that he should be at that time of day, in the future?
(a) Lying in bed.
(b) At the courts.
(c) In the cemetary.
(d) In his office.
6. Where do Scrooge and the third Spirit overhear the first conversation about death?
(a) In the church.
(b) In Scrooge's warehouse.
(c) At the stock exchange.
(d) At the children's playground.
7. When Scrooge is returned to his bedroom, what does he wake up clutching?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His pillow.
(d) His bedpost.
8. What is the name on the tombstone that Scrooge finds himself at?
(a) Ebenezer Scrooge.
(b) Jacob Marley.
(c) Timothy Cratchit.
(d) Bob Cratchit.
9. How do the Cratchit children respond to Christmas?
(a) With longing.
(b) With excitement.
(c) With confusion.
(d) With apathy.
10. How does Scrooge feel about the party that Fred is holding on Christmas?
(a) He thinks it is silly.
(b) He enjoys himself.
(c) He doesn't understand it.
(d) He despises it.
11. What are the lighthouse workers drinking on Christmas?
(a) Spiced wine.
12. How does Scrooge react to the games that were played at Fred's party?
(a) He tried to join in.
(b) He didn't understand them.
(c) He attmepted to ruin them.
(d) He thought they were stupid.
13. Who says that they have no patience for Scrooge's attitude and behavior?
(a) The lighthouse workers.
(b) The attendents of Fred's party.
(c) The Spirit.
(d) Bob Cratchit.
14. How does Scrooge react to the news of Tim's future?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is ashamed.
(c) He is proud.
(d) He is confused.
15. Where is Scrooge when he realizes that in the future he will be dead?
(a) In the cemetary.
(b) Lying in bed.
(c) In his office.
(d) At the courts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scrooge ask the Spirit to be quick to share?
2. Who does Scrooge visit and witness singing Christmas songs and reminiscing of Christmas memories?
3. What is the name of Scrooge's second visitor?
4. What has changed about the Cratchit family during the visit with the third Spirit?
5. Which of the following best describes the death of the man in town?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)