|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose name is the Christmas toast given?
(a) Ebenezer Scrooge.
(b) Tim Cratchit.
(c) Old Fezziwig.
(d) Jacob Marley.
2. What does the Cratchit family believe about the death of their family member?
(a) That it will tear them apart.
(b) That it will bring them closer together.
(c) That it is a Christmas gift.
(d) That it is the fault of Ebenezer Scrooge.
3. What is the name of the Cratchit's youngest child?
4. What does the spirit tell Scrooge will happen to Tim?
(a) He will die.
(b) He will become a miser.
(c) He will be healed.
(d) He will graduate at the top of his class.
5. What is the general emotion surrounding the death of the man in town?
6. What feeling floods Scrooge when he meets the third Spirit?
7. Before his second visitor, how does Scrooge wake himself?
(a) With a snore.
(b) With a hiccup.
(c) With a shout.
(d) With a cough.
8. Who does the Spirit say that the children belong to?
(a) To the Spirit world.
(b) To Man.
(c) To the heavens.
(d) To Scrooge.
9. What has changed about the Cratchit family during the visit with the third Spirit?
(a) Bob no longer works for Ebenezer Scrooge.
(b) They are no longer happy.
(c) They are no longer poor.
(d) They no longer believe in Christmas.
10. How does Scrooge react to the games that were played at Fred's party?
(a) He tried to join in.
(b) He thought they were stupid.
(c) He attmepted to ruin them.
(d) He didn't understand them.
11. At what time does the Spirit leave Scrooge?
12. Which family does the Spirit take Scrooge to revisit?
(a) The Marleys.
(b) The Cratchits.
(c) The lighthouse workers.
(d) The miners.
13. What is the name on the tombstone that Scrooge finds himself at?
(a) Bob Cratchit.
(b) Ebenezer Scrooge.
(c) Timothy Cratchit.
(d) Jacob Marley.
14. What does Scrooge promise to honor, from the bottom of his heart?
(d) The Spirit.
15. Which of the following does NOT describe the third Spirit?
(a) He was dark.
(b) He was mute.
(c) He was tall.
(d) He was kind
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Scrooge visit and witness singing Christmas songs and reminiscing of Christmas memories?
2. Which of the following best describes the death of the man in town?
3. In what type of establishment does Scrooge see the laundress?
4. How does Scrooge feel about the party that Fred is holding on Christmas?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe the Scrooge's second visitor?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)