|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the cemetery, what part of the Spirit's body begins to tremble?
(a) His legs.
(b) His ears.
(c) His hands.
(d) His eyes.
2. What name do the men give to the man who has died?
(a) Tall Sip.
(b) Old Scratch.
(c) Short Shine.
(d) Young Scrape.
3. Before his second visitor, how does Scrooge wake himself?
(a) With a hiccup.
(b) With a snore.
(c) With a shout.
(d) With a cough.
4. At what time does the Spirit leave Scrooge?
5. How long does the Spirit say that his earthly life will last?
(a) One week.
(b) One hour.
(d) One day.
6. In response to the death in the family, which character reacts generously to the family?
(b) Jacob Marley.
7. Which of the following best describes the laundress that Scrooge sees in town?
8. How does the crowd respond to Fred's wishing of Scrooge's Christmas?
(a) No one hears him.
(b) With agreement.
(c) With apathy.
(d) With disagreement.
9. What does Scrooge promise to honor, from the bottom of his heart?
(c) The Spirit.
10. How do the Cratchit children respond to Christmas?
(a) With longing.
(b) With apathy.
(c) With confusion.
(d) With excitement.
11. What has changed about the Cratchit family during the visit with the third Spirit?
(a) They no longer believe in Christmas.
(b) They are no longer happy.
(c) They are no longer poor.
(d) Bob no longer works for Ebenezer Scrooge.
12. What instrument is being played at Fred's Christmas party?
(a) A flute.
(b) A violin.
(c) A cello.
(d) A harp.
13. Which of the following best describes the death of the man in town?
14. Who says that they have no patience for Scrooge's attitude and behavior?
(a) Bob Cratchit.
(b) The attendents of Fred's party.
(c) The lighthouse workers.
(d) The Spirit.
15. When Scrooge is returned to his bedroom, what does he wake up clutching?
(b) His bedpost.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His pillow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe the Scrooge's second visitor?
2. When the Spirit takes Scrooge to see the Cratchits, which character has died?
3. What does Scrooge notice is changing about the Spirit as they make their way through the Christmas celebrations?
4. How does Bob Cratchit carry around Tiny Tim?
5. What did the businessmen wonder about the dead man's funeral?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)