|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has changed about the Cratchit family during the visit with the third Spirit?
(a) They are no longer poor.
(b) They no longer believe in Christmas.
(c) They are no longer happy.
(d) Bob no longer works for Ebenezer Scrooge.
2. What name do the men give to the man who has died?
(a) Short Shine.
(b) Tall Sip.
(c) Old Scratch.
(d) Young Scrape.
3. Who does the Spirit say that the children belong to?
(a) To Man.
(b) To Scrooge.
(c) To the Spirit world.
(d) To the heavens.
4. When Scrooge awakens before his second visitor, what has filled his room?
5. What is Mrs. Cratchit preparing for their Christmas meal?
6. In the streets of London, who does the Spirit sprinkle a mysterious water on?
(a) Those who were lonely.
(b) Those who were shopping.
(c) Those who were dancing.
(d) Those who were arguing.
7. What are the lighthouse workers drinking on Christmas?
(b) Spiced wine.
8. What is the name of the Cratchit's youngest child?
9. What instrument is being played at Fred's Christmas party?
(a) A flute.
(b) A cello.
(c) A violin.
(d) A harp.
10. What type of men are discussing the death?
(d) Homeless men.
11. Who says the line "Let me see some tenderness connected with a death" ?
(a) Ebenezer Scrooge.
(b) Jacob Marley.
(c) Bob Cratchit.
(d) Tiny Tim.
12. What kind of miners do Scrooge and the Spirit visit?
13. Whose home does the second visitor first take Scrooge to?
(a) Jacob Marley's.
(b) Bob Cratchit's.
(c) His nephew Fred's.
(d) Old Fezziwig's.
14. What does the Spirit use to point?
(a) His finger.
(b) A measuring stick.
(c) His gaze.
(d) A tree branch.
15. How does Scrooge feel toward the third Spirit?
(a) He is eager to learn the Spirit's lesson.
(b) He is anxious to get back home.
(c) He is tired of having so many visitors.
(d) He believes he can trick the Spirit into leaving him alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the spirit tell Scrooge will happen to Tim?
2. What is the name of the third Spirit?
3. What does Scrooge see in all the Christmases that he visited with the Spirit?
4. What is the state of the two children who grasp at the Spirit's robe?
5. Who says that they have no patience for Scrooge's attitude and behavior?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)