|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the girl who grasps at the Spirit's robe?
2. What kind of miners do Scrooge and the Spirit visit?
3. Where do Scrooge and the third Spirit overhear the first conversation about death?
(a) In Scrooge's warehouse.
(b) In the church.
(c) At the children's playground.
(d) At the stock exchange.
4. What part of Tim's body does not work properly?
(a) His legs.
(b) His ears.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His arms.
5. What name do the men give to the man who has died?
(a) Tall Sip.
(b) Young Scrape.
(c) Short Shine.
(d) Old Scratch.
6. What is the name of the third Spirit?
(a) The Ghost of Christmas That Never Was.
(b) The Ghost of Christmas Present.
(c) The Ghost of Christmas Past.
(d) The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come.
7. Which of the following best describes the laundress that Scrooge sees in town?
8. How does the crowd respond to Fred's wishing of Scrooge's Christmas?
(a) With apathy.
(b) No one hears him.
(c) With agreement.
(d) With disagreement.
9. At what time does the Spirit leave Scrooge?
10. What are the lighthouse workers drinking on Christmas?
(b) Spiced wine.
11. What is Mrs. Cratchit preparing for their Christmas meal?
12. Where does Scrooge believe that he should be at that time of day, in the future?
(a) In the cemetary.
(b) At the courts.
(c) Lying in bed.
(d) In his office.
13. What is the Spirit's response to the question of whether these are the things that will surely come to pass?
(a) These things may come to pass if things are not changed.
(b) The Spirit gives no answer.
(c) No, these things will not come to pass.
(d) Yes, they will pass certainly.
14. Which family does the Spirit take Scrooge to revisit?
(a) The Cratchits.
(b) The Marleys.
(c) The miners.
(d) The lighthouse workers.
15. How does Scrooge react to the games that were played at Fred's party?
(a) He tried to join in.
(b) He thought they were stupid.
(c) He didn't understand them.
(d) He attmepted to ruin them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of Christmas does Scrooge overhear Fred wishing him?
2. What does Scrooge notice is changing about the Spirit as they make their way through the Christmas celebrations?
3. What is the name of Scrooge's second visitor?
4. Who does Fred claim is being harmed by Scrooge's attitude?
5. Who asks the Spirit if these events are the things that "Will be, or are they shadows of things that May be, only?"
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)