|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marley say about his own spirit?
(a) That it is doomed.
(b) That it is broken.
(c) That it is repaired.
(d) That it is lively.
2. Instead of a lashing, what does Scrooge give to Bob Cratchit?
(a) A hug.
(b) A promotion.
(c) A new home.
(d) A raise.
3. Where does the spirit touch Scrooge?
(a) His hand.
(b) His heart.
(c) His mouth.
(d) His face.
4. What does the third Spirit say to Scrooge when he sees him?
(a) "Come with me, sir."
(b) Nothing, the Spirit cannot speak.
(c) "Merry Christmas, Scrooge."
(d) "Bah humbug!"
5. Why is the family that Scrooge visits so happy to hear of the death of the dead man?
(a) Because the dead man left them a large inheritance.
(b) Because the father will take over the dead man's job.
(c) Because they owed the dead man money.
(d) Because the dead man was a crooked politician.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people of London react to the new Scrooge?
2. What word best describes the weather on the day Scrooge is introduced?
3. How does Scrooge respond to the invitation for a meal in Chapter 1?
4. What does the spirit tell Scrooge will happen to Tim?
5. Fill in the blank: What message does the Cratchit family embrace? That even in _______ there is hope.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)