|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the cemetery, what part of the Spirit's body begins to tremble?
(a) His ears.
(b) His legs.
(c) His hands.
(d) His eyes.
2. Which word best describes Scrooge?
3. Why is the family that Scrooge visits so happy to hear of the death of the dead man?
(a) Because they owed the dead man money.
(b) Because the father will take over the dead man's job.
(c) Because the dead man left them a large inheritance.
(d) Because the dead man was a crooked politician.
4. How does Scrooge respond to seeing the countryside?
(a) He begins to laugh.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He is enraged.
5. What is the state of Jacob Marley at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is missing.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He is alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of miners do Scrooge and the Spirit visit?
2. In the streets of London, who does the Spirit sprinkle a mysterious water on?
3. What holiday is being celebrated when the story opens?
4. Where does Scrooge believe that he should be at that time of day, in the future?
5. Fill in the blank: What message does the Cratchit family embrace? That even in _______ there is hope.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)