|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Belle claim has corrupted Scrooge?
2. What is the state of Jacob Marley at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is missing.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is alive.
(d) He is dead.
3. What was Scrooge doing while he was shaving?
4. Why is the family that Scrooge visits so happy to hear of the death of the dead man?
(a) Because the father will take over the dead man's job.
(b) Because the dead man was a crooked politician.
(c) Because they owed the dead man money.
(d) Because the dead man left them a large inheritance.
5. Who was Marley similar to when he was alive?
(a) Tiny Tim.
(b) Bob Cratchett.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Scrooge awakens on Christmas morning, to whom does he sing praises?
2. Who does Fan tell Scrooge is "much kinder now"?
3. What word best describes the weather on the day Scrooge is introduced?
4. How does Scrooge respond to the invitation for a meal in Chapter 1?
5. What literary character does Scrooge imagine that he is friends with as a young boy?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)