|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives the Christmas toast in the Cratchit home?
2. What meal is Scrooge invited to in Chapter 1?
3. What does Marley say about his own spirit?
(a) That it is lively.
(b) That it is broken.
(c) That it is doomed.
(d) That it is repaired.
4. What name do the men give to the man who has died?
(a) Tall Sip.
(b) Short Shine.
(c) Old Scratch.
(d) Young Scrape.
5. What does Scrooge tell the person on the street that his actions are for?
(a) Both past and future.
(b) For today, tomorrow, and the next day.
(c) Both present and past.
(d) Both present and future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Belle claim has corrupted Scrooge?
2. Instead of a lashing, what does Scrooge give to Bob Cratchit?
3. When Fan comes running into the room for Scrooge, what does she tell him?
4. In the final chapter of the novel, what does Scrooge realize gives him joy?
5. What literary character does Scrooge imagine that he is friends with as a young boy?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)