|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the third Spirit say to Scrooge when he sees him?
(a) "Merry Christmas, Scrooge."
(b) Nothing, the Spirit cannot speak.
(c) "Come with me, sir."
(d) "Bah humbug!"
2. What is flowing from the head of the first guest that he covers by wearing a cap?
3. How does the crowd respond to Fred's wishing of Scrooge's Christmas?
(a) With apathy.
(b) With agreement.
(c) No one hears him.
(d) With disagreement.
4. How do the Cratchit children respond to Christmas?
(a) With longing.
(b) With excitement.
(c) With confusion.
(d) With apathy.
5. How much money does Scrooge give to the collection?
(b) Two pence.
(c) One pound.
(d) Five pence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Spirit's response to the question of whether these are the things that will surely come to pass?
2. Who does Fred claim is being harmed by Scrooge's attitude?
3. What is the state of the two children who grasp at the Spirit's robe?
4. Which word best describes Scrooge?
5. In response to the death in the family, which character reacts generously to the family?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)