|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Spirit's response to the question of whether these are the things that will surely come to pass?
(a) The Spirit gives no answer.
(b) No, these things will not come to pass.
(c) Yes, they will pass certainly.
(d) These things may come to pass if things are not changed.
2. To pass time while he was alone during the holiday season, what does Scrooge imagine that he has?
(b) A pet puppy.
(d) An automobile.
3. What instrument sounds before Jacob Marley appears?
4. Why is the family that Scrooge visits so happy to hear of the death of the dead man?
(a) Because the dead man left them a large inheritance.
(b) Because they owed the dead man money.
(c) Because the dead man was a crooked politician.
(d) Because the father will take over the dead man's job.
5. Which family does the Spirit take Scrooge to revisit?
(a) The Cratchits.
(b) The miners.
(c) The lighthouse workers.
(d) The Marleys.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Scrooge feel about the Christmas Season?
2. As Scrooge witnesses the various scenes of his childhood, what seems to be slipping away from him as he grows older?
3. Where do Scrooge and the third Spirit overhear the first conversation about death?
4. In the cemetery, what part of the Spirit shrinks and collapses?
5. Where was Scrooge left by his family during the holiday season?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)