|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before his second visitor, how does Scrooge wake himself?
(a) With a shout.
(b) With a snore.
(c) With a cough.
(d) With a hiccup.
2. Through what does the first visitor travel with Scrooge?
(a) His nightmares.
(b) His hopes.
(c) His memories.
(d) His dreams.
3. After Jacob Marley leaves him, what time does Scrooge wake from sleep?
(b) Six o'clock.
(c) One o'clock.
4. How do the spirit and Scrooge exit his bedroom?
(a) Through the wall.
(b) Through the door.
(c) Through the chimney.
(d) Through the window.
5. What is the Spirit's response to the question of whether these are the things that will surely come to pass?
(a) No, these things will not come to pass.
(b) These things may come to pass if things are not changed.
(c) Yes, they will pass certainly.
(d) The Spirit gives no answer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Scrooge and the third Spirit overhear the first conversation about death?
2. After Scrooge is touched by the spirit, what ability does he have?
3. What has the laundress stolen from the dead body, which Scrooge finds most shocking?
4. When Scrooge is returned to his bedroom, what does he wake up clutching?
5. What is the general emotion surrounding the death of the man in town?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)