|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is it signaled to Scrooge that there is a visitor in his room?
(a) The windows fly open.
(b) The bed curtains are parted.
(c) His bed begins to shake.
(d) The hands of his clock spin backward.
2. What is the name of the boy who grasps at the Spirit's robe?
3. What is the second mysterious sound that Scrooge hears?
(a) Chains dragging.
(b) Footsteps pacing.
(c) Doors creaking.
(d) Floorboards squeaking.
4. At what time will the first two visitors come for Scrooge?
(a) At midnight
(b) At noon.
(c) At six o'clock.
(d) At one o'clock.
5. How is the man for whom Scrooge apprenticed described?
(a) As intelligent.
(b) As miserly.
(c) As generous.
(d) As stupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dickens say does not affect Scrooge?
2. What does Belle claim has corrupted Scrooge?
3. What does the spirit regretfully tell Scrooge about Fan?
4. When Fan comes running into the room for Scrooge, what does she tell him?
5. How does Scrooge react to the games that were played at Fred's party?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)