|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument is being played at Fred's Christmas party?
(a) A harp.
(b) A violin.
(c) A cello.
(d) A flute.
2. What is Tim's attitude to being ill?
(a) He hasn't been told.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is still joyful.
3. What does Scrooge tell his employee to do in exchange for his time off for the holiday?
(a) Work overtime on the weekend.
(b) Come in early the next day.
(c) Take Scrooge with him to the party.
(d) Cut his pay.
4. What does Dickens say does not affect Scrooge?
5. What does Marley say about his own spirit?
(a) That it is repaired.
(b) That it is doomed.
(c) That it is lively.
(d) That it is broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Scrooge witnesses the various scenes of his childhood, what seems to be slipping away from him as he grows older?
2. How many visitors does Marley say will come to Scrooge in the night?
3. What does the spirit regretfully tell Scrooge about Fan?
4. Who stops by to invite Scrooge to a meal?
5. Who does Scrooge believe should be confined to prisons and workhouses?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)