|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men come by to collect money from the neighborhood on Christmas Eve?
2. What is the state of Jacob Marley at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is alive.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is missing.
(d) He is dead.
3. Why is the time that Scrooge wakes up significant?
(a) He has traveled back in time.
(b) Time no longer exists.
(c) His time is standing still.
(d) He has moved forward in time.
4. How do the spirit and Scrooge exit his bedroom?
(a) Through the chimney.
(b) Through the door.
(c) Through the window.
(d) Through the wall.
5. What does Scrooge seize from the first spirit?
(a) His head.
(b) His hand.
(c) His hat.
(d) His heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary character does Scrooge imagine that he is friends with as a young boy?
2. When Scrooge awakens, why does he vow to stay awake until one o'clock?
3. What does Scrooge ask the first spirit to do for him?
4. What is Scrooge's relationship to Jacob Marley?
5. What does Belle claim has corrupted Scrooge?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)