|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes Scrooge?
2. What type of party is Scrooge's old boss hosting for Christmas?
(a) He is not holding a party.
(b) A feast.
(c) A dance.
(d) A masquerade.
3. After Jacob Marley leaves him, what time does Scrooge wake from sleep?
(b) Six o'clock.
(d) One o'clock.
4. When Scrooge sees Belle again, what is she breaking?
(a) Her leg.
(b) Her porcelain dinnerware.
(c) Their engagement.
(d) A collection of expensive glasses.
5. As Scrooge witnesses the various scenes of his childhood, what seems to be slipping away from him as he grows older?
(a) His greed over money.
(b) His formal education.
(c) His hopes for the future.
(d) His ability to love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Scrooge give to the collection?
2. What does Scrooge seize from the first spirit?
3. What meal is Scrooge invited to in Chapter 1?
4. To pass time while he was alone during the holiday season, what does Scrooge imagine that he has?
5. What does Dickens say does not affect Scrooge?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)