|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marley say about his own spirit?
(a) That it is repaired.
(b) That it is broken.
(c) That it is lively.
(d) That it is doomed.
2. What instrument sounds before Jacob Marley appears?
3. What does the spirit regretfully tell Scrooge about Fan?
(a) That she has remarried.
(b) That she has grown miserly.
(c) That she has forgotten Scrooge.
(d) That she has died.
4. What does Scrooge seize from the first spirit?
(a) His head.
(b) His hat.
(c) His heart.
(d) His hand.
5. Who does Scrooge believe should be confined to prisons and workhouses?
(a) The elderly.
(b) The poor.
(c) The children.
(d) The weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Scrooge is touched by the spirit, what ability does he have?
2. What type of party is Scrooge's old boss hosting for Christmas?
3. How does Scrooge respond to the invitation for a meal in Chapter 1?
4. How is the aura of Scrooge's first visitor described?
5. What are the men who are collecting money on Christmas Eve, using the money for?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)