|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of Jacob Marley at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is missing.
(b) He is alive.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is ill.
2. What does Scrooge eat a bowl of in front of the fire before he receives his first visitor?
3. What does Marley say about his own spirit?
(a) That it is broken.
(b) That it is repaired.
(c) That it is doomed.
(d) That it is lively.
4. What is used to heat Scrooge's warehouse?
5. What is Scrooge's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes Scrooge?
2. How does Scrooge respond to the invitation for a meal in Chapter 1?
3. What does Marley tell Scrooge these visitors will hold for him?
4. What is Marley's spirit forced to do?
5. What word best describes the weather on the day Scrooge is introduced?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)