|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scrooge claim is causing his images of Jacob Marley?
(a) Food poisoning.
2. What does Marley say about his own spirit?
(a) That it is lively.
(b) That it is repaired.
(c) That it is doomed.
(d) That it is broken.
3. What does Dickens say does not affect Scrooge?
4. What are the men who are collecting money on Christmas Eve, using the money for?
5. How many men come by to collect money from the neighborhood on Christmas Eve?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scrooge tell his employee to do in exchange for his time off for the holiday?
2. What does Marley tell Scrooge these visitors will hold for him?
3. What holiday is being celebrated when the story opens?
4. What is used to heat Scrooge's warehouse?
5. At what time will the last visitor come for Scrooge?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)