|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marley tell Scrooge these visitors will hold for him?
(a) A gift.
(b) A secret.
(c) A key.
(d) A photo.
2. What holiday is being celebrated when the story opens?
(d) New Year's.
3. What does Dickens say does not affect Scrooge?
4. How does Scrooge respond to the invitation for a meal in Chapter 1?
(a) He doesn't give an answer.
(b) He doesn't understand it.
(c) He rebukes it.
(d) He accepts it.
5. What are the men who are collecting money on Christmas Eve, using the money for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes Scrooge?
2. What is the state of Jacob Marley at the beginning of the book?
3. What instrument sounds before Jacob Marley appears?
4. What does Scrooge eat a bowl of in front of the fire before he receives his first visitor?
5. At what time will the last visitor come for Scrooge?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)