|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scrooge feel about the Christmas Season?
2. How much money does Scrooge give to the collection?
(a) Five pence.
(b) Two pence.
(c) One pound.
3. What instrument sounds before Jacob Marley appears?
4. At what time will the first two visitors come for Scrooge?
(a) At six o'clock.
(b) At noon.
(c) At midnight
(d) At one o'clock.
5. What is the state of Jacob Marley at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is missing.
(c) He is alive.
(d) He is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Scrooge believe should be confined to prisons and workhouses?
2. How much time does Scrooge allow his employee to take off for the holiday?
3. How many visitors does Marley say will come to Scrooge in the night?
4. What type of visitors does Marley tell Scrooge to expect?
5. What are the men who are collecting money on Christmas Eve, using the money for?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)