|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Scrooge believe should be confined to prisons and workhouses?
(a) The weak.
(b) The elderly.
(c) The children.
(d) The poor.
2. What must Marley carry around with his spirit?
3. What holiday is being celebrated when the story opens?
(c) New Year's.
4. What does Scrooge claim is causing his images of Jacob Marley?
(b) Food poisoning.
5. How many men come by to collect money from the neighborhood on Christmas Eve?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marley tell Scrooge these visitors will hold for him?
2. What is the second mysterious sound that Scrooge hears?
3. What does Marley say about his own spirit?
4. What type of visitors does Marley tell Scrooge to expect?
5. Where does Scrooge see the face of Jacob Marley?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)