|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time does Scrooge allow his employee to take off for the holiday?
(a) No time.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two days.
(d) One day.
2. At what time will the first two visitors come for Scrooge?
(a) At one o'clock.
(b) At midnight
(c) At six o'clock.
(d) At noon.
3. What holiday is being celebrated when the story opens?
(c) New Year's.
4. What meal is Scrooge invited to in Chapter 1?
5. What is the second mysterious sound that Scrooge hears?
(a) Floorboards squeaking.
(b) Footsteps pacing.
(c) Doors creaking.
(d) Chains dragging.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marley's spirit forced to do?
2. What is the first mysterious sound that Scrooge hears?
3. What word best describes the weather on the day Scrooge is introduced?
4. What is used to heat Scrooge's warehouse?
5. What does Dickens say does not affect Scrooge?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)