|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Scrooge witnesses the various scenes of his childhood, what seems to be slipping away from him as he grows older?
(a) His ability to love.
(b) His hopes for the future.
(c) His greed over money.
(d) His formal education.
2. How does Scrooge respond to the invitation for a meal in Chapter 1?
(a) He doesn't give an answer.
(b) He doesn't understand it.
(c) He accepts it.
(d) He rebukes it.
3. What has changed about Scrooge on Christmas morning?
(a) His financial situation.
(b) His clothes.
(c) His voice.
(d) His attitude.
4. How is Scrooge described during his time with the first spirit?
5. What is Scrooge's reaction to the people's of London's reaction to him?
(a) He is angered.
(b) He is saddened.
(c) He pays them no mind.
(d) He laughs them off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks the Spirit if these events are the things that "Will be, or are they shadows of things that May be, only?"
2. Who does Scrooge shock by his behavior while out on the streets on Christmas morning?
3. What is Scrooge's first name?
4. Who does Scrooge promise to help from that day forward?
5. What does Dickens say does not affect Scrooge?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)