|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Scrooge's second visitor?
(a) The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come.
(b) The Ghost of Christmas Spirit.
(c) The Ghost of Christmas Past.
(d) The Ghost of Christmas Present.
2. Which family does the Spirit take Scrooge to revisit?
(a) The Cratchits.
(b) The lighthouse workers.
(c) The Marleys.
(d) The miners.
3. What did the businessmen wonder about the dead man's funeral?
(a) Where it would be held?
(b) Who would attend it?
(c) Who would read the benediction?
(d) Who would pay for it?
4. What does the figure of Scrooge's first guest resemble?
(a) A child.
(b) A man.
(c) An angel.
(d) A beast.
5. When Scrooge awakens, why does he vow to stay awake until one o'clock?
(a) To ensure that the clock is working properly.
(b) To disprove that spirits exist.
(c) To ward off his terrible nightmares.
(d) To return to a normal sleep schedule.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Scrooge to fall asleep after the spirit has left him?
2. What has the laundress stolen from the dead body, which Scrooge finds most shocking?
3. What is the general emotion surrounding the death of the man in town?
4. What does Scrooge see in all the Christmases that he visited with the Spirit?
5. What is the name of the girl who grasps at the Spirit's robe?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)