1. What is the state of Jacob Marley at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is alive.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He is missing.
2. What is Scrooge's relationship to Jacob Marley?
(a) They were best friends.
(b) They were brothers.
(c) They were enemies.
(d) They were business partners.
3. Which word best describes Scrooge?
4. What holiday is being celebrated when the story opens?
(c) New Year's.
5. Who stops by to invite Scrooge to a meal?
(a) His brother.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His son.
(d) His cousin.
6. What meal is Scrooge invited to in Chapter 1?
7. What is Scrooge's first name?
8. How does Scrooge feel about the way that people see him?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He likes it.
(c) He hates it.
(d) He is concerned.
9. How does Scrooge respond to the invitation for a meal in Chapter 1?
(a) He accepts it.
(b) He rebukes it.
(c) He doesn't give an answer.
(d) He doesn't understand it.
This section contains 4,015 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)