1. What is the state of Jacob Marley at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is alive.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is missing.
(d) He is ill.
2. What is Scrooge's relationship to Jacob Marley?
(a) They were business partners.
(b) They were enemies.
(c) They were brothers.
(d) They were best friends.
3. Which word best describes Scrooge?
4. What holiday is being celebrated when the story opens?
(c) New Year's.
5. Who stops by to invite Scrooge to a meal?
(a) His son.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His brother.
6. What meal is Scrooge invited to in Chapter 1?
7. What is Scrooge's first name?
8. How does Scrooge feel about the way that people see him?
(a) He likes it.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is concerned.
(d) He hates it.
9. How does Scrooge respond to the invitation for a meal in Chapter 1?
(a) He rebukes it.
(b) He doesn't give an answer.
(c) He accepts it.
(d) He doesn't understand it.
This section contains 4,015 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)