|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wild Man of the Green Swamp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason is given for torturing Tang Ao?
(a) to teach him a lesson about respecting women
(b) to make him look like a woman
(c) to prepare Tang to meet the queen
(d) to punish him for coming to the Land of Women
2. How do Ed's partners swindle him out of the business?
(a) The partners spend all the profits dancing with women on Saturday nights.
(b) The partners kidnap MaMa for ransom that Ed has to pay.
(c) The partners tell him he missed the meeting where they put themselves in charge.
(d) The partners pocket cash from laundry orders as often as they can.
3. What does Kingston realize about men at Great Uncle Kau's funeral?
(a) Men grow very old before they die.
(b) Men must carry the casket out of the demon mortuary.
(c) Men are afraid of death.
(d) Men have feelings too.
4. Who is Tu Tzu-chun's examiner?
(a) Tu Tzu-chong reincarnated
(b) Tu Tzu-chun's father
(c) A Taoist monk
(d) The Buddah
5. What does Ah Po show BaBa's brothers to explain that he is different from them?
(a) BaBa's hair was a different color than theirs.
(b) BaBa's head was shaped differently than theirs.
(c) BaBa was the largest boy born so far in the family.
(d) BaBa's skinny, frail body had hands made for holding pens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ah Goong say about working in the tunnels?
2. In 1884, who is the first Chinese immigrant denied citizenship based on race?
3. Where does Hina of the night sleep?
4. What do Kingston's parents call the Chinese American traditionalists in California?
5. Which congressional act in 1882 bans Chinese laborers from entering the U.S. for ten years?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)