|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wild Man of the Green Swamp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is an example of a simile used in "The Ghostmate"?
(a) The orange of the firelight suffuses the prorcelain.
(b) Steam rises as if a mirage of food floated on the table.
(c) He gorges; he indulges his appetite.
(d) The bowls of soup are bottomless.
2. What is Tang Ao doing when he meets the Queen?
(a) putting jade studs into his ears
(b) having a meal with the queen's court
(c) serving a meal to the Queen's court
(d) playing an instrument
3. After Captain Carroll rescues the China Men from being adrift in the sea, where do the China Men ask the Captain to take them?
(b) Douglas Island
4. In the first telling of the Driving Out of Alaska, who relocates the China Men?
(a) Indians in war canoes
(b) Indians on a schooner
(c) White demons with guns and tools
(d) Chinese scab laborers
5. What does Ah Goong say about working in the tunnels?
(a) Day becomes night.
(b) Time and space stop inside the tunnel.
(c) Mountains of dirt walked out of the tunnel.
(d) The sound of hammers only stop at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after the bird laughs in "On Mortality Again"?
2. What do the two old women do to Tang Ao with the needles?
3. What part of Tang Ao's wardrobe is shaped like a bridge?
4. To what does Kingston refer with the metaphor "the living night"?
5. What does the Wild Man do when he ventures out of the Green Swamp?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)