|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wild Man of the Green Swamp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rule do the "white demons" enforce that is problematic for great grandfather Bak Goong while he is working in the sugar cane fields?
2. How much time passes between the first and the second Driving Out in "Alaska China Men"?
(a) one month
(b) eight days
(c) two years
(d) one year
3. How does the stranger respond to the children's mistake?
(a) He swats the children away from him as if they were flies.
(b) He is speechless and ignores them altogether.
(c) He gets angry and yells at Mother.
(d) He laughs and tells them they made a mistake.
4. What is the procedure that the women are using on Tang's feet called?
5. What culture is the character Maui from in "On Mortality Again"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does Maui take that tells the reader where Hina sleeps?
2. Why is there a communal dining room at the Chinese village where Kingston's ancestors lived?
3. What is the one emotion that Tu Tzu-chun cannot overcome in his illusion?
4. For what does the doctor at the jail treat the Wild Man?
5. In the second telling of the Driving Out in Alaska, what do returning China Men do to get back to their homes and their jobs?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)