|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Mortality Again.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which best describes the author when she sends money to her cousin in China?
(a) an adult in China
(b) a child in China
(c) a child in California
(d) an adult in California
2. What reason is given for torturing Tang Ao?
(a) to make him look like a woman
(b) to punish him for coming to the Land of Women
(c) to teach him a lesson about respecting women
(d) to prepare Tang to meet the queen
3. What are the "Jesus demons" trying to do when they visit the work camp where Bak Goong lives?
(a) trying to baptize the Chinese workers
(b) trying to cast demons from the Chinese workers
(c) trying to lure them to work at their farm
(d) trying to convert the Chinese to Christianity
4. How does Father acknowledge that he recognizes the children?
(a) He salutes them with one finger touching his hat.
(b) He turned around and walked the other direction.
(c) He picks up the pace of his walk to a jog.
(d) He waves his hands and smiles broadly.
5. What finally makes Tu Tzu-chun break his silence?
(a) Tu Tzu-chun screamed when he heard his wife's bones being broken.
(b) Tu sees her baby's head smashed against the rocks.
(c) The pain Tu Tzu-chun feels when he's being tortured.
(d) Tu speaks for the first time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character from Kingston's folktales in China Men suffers the most?
2. What is the consequence of Tu Tzu-chun failing the monk's test?
3. What was used first to keep the holes open in Tang Ao's earlobes?
4. What is Tang Ao doing when he meets the Queen?
5. How does the woman in "The Ghostmate" get her visitors to stay longer than they intend to?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)