|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Li Sao: An Elegy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first telling of the Driving Out of Alaska, who relocates the China Men?
(a) Indians in war canoes
(b) White demons with guns and tools
(c) Chinese scab laborers
(d) Indians on a schooner
2. Which is the setting for Kingston's biography of great grandfather Bak Goong in "The Great Grandfather of Sandalwood Mountains"?
3. What drives the Wild Man to hysterics while he is in the jail?
(a) being locked up for three days straight
(b) severe homesickness
(c) The Border Patrol is sending him back.
(d) not being able to speak with the authorities
4. How do the women manage to capture Tang Ao?
(a) The women kneeled to take off his shoes.
(b) Tang Ao is not on guard against ladies.
(c) The women tackle him and tie his hands together.
(d) The women use weapons to make him come along.
5. How are the two tales, "On Mortality" and "On Mortality Again" similar?
(a) Both tales are about achieving immortality for humanity.
(b) Both tales have the same mood or tone.
(c) The setting of both tales is the same.
(d) The main character in both tales is the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is inside of Hina that holds immortality for humanity?
2. What signed document states that Chinese and Americans could freely travel, trade, and live in either country?
3. What do people in Alaska do to track events in their lives and their community?
4. What does a Chinese bride do for three nights before she marries?
5. What are the "Jesus demons" trying to do when they visit the work camp where Bak Goong lives?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)