|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Li Sao: An Elegy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many fortunes does Tu Tzu-chun spend?
2. What does a Chinese bride do for three nights before she marries?
(a) She sits behind bed curtains to sing and weep.
(b) She listens to the prayers of women in the village.
(c) She hides from her groom-to-be and his family.
(d) She prepares three thousand wedding cakes.
3. Which details from the text imply that Father is a successful business man?
(a) He wears a coat with tobacco smell.
(b) He continues his walk down our street.
(c) He is tall and thin.
(d) He wears two-hundred dollar suits and good leather shoes with wingtips.
4. Where does Hina of the night sleep?
(a) deep in the ocean
(b) high in the treetops
(c) in the forest
(d) on a far away island
5. Which anti-Chinese law comes first?
(a) Chinese Exclusion Act
(b) The revised Burlingame Treaty
(c) Scott Act
(d) Act to Amend an Act
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is an example of figurative language?
2. Where do Ed and MaMa go after Ed is ousted from the laundry business?
3. What does the monk tell Tu Tzu-chun about the task he has in store for Tu?
4. What two actions result from the Scott Act of 1888?
5. What message does young Kingston believe her grandfathers left behind through the tracks in Stockton?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)