|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Li Sao: An Elegy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ch'u Yuan looking for as he seeks another like him in the world?
(a) a lost prince trying to spread the word of peace
(b) an uncorrupted human being
(c) a phoenix dispossessed
(d) an arrogant, all-knowing citizen
2. What is it that Maui instructs all the living creatures on Earth to do in order to accomplish his goal?
(a) read the clouds
(b) walk on water
(c) stay silent
(d) sing in tune
3. For what does the doctor at the jail treat the Wild Man?
(a) mosquito bites and stomach ache
(b) alligator bites and burns from camp fires
(c) dehydration and cuts and bruises
(d) malaria and diarrhea
4. What does Kingston notice about the Wild Man as shown in the photos of his capture appearing in the newspaper?
(a) The Wild Man's hair and beard were extremely long, because he was unable to groom himself in the swamp.
(b) The Wild Man was crying as his captors led him out of the swamp.
(c) The men in cowboy hats that escorted him out of the swamp appeared to have given quite a fight against the Wild Man.
(d) The Wild Man was neat and clean and did not act wild or fight his captors.
5. When the fish-and-game wardens and sheriff deputies use dogs to search for the Wild Man, why is their search so short?
(a) The searchers are convinced that no one could live in the swamp.
(b) The dogs find no scent to follow.
(c) The officers are sure the sightings are a mass hallucination.
(d) The officers are getting bitten by mosquitoes
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom do the Juneau citizens hold the largest funeral Alaska ever sees?
2. Who were the Gold Mountain Sojourners?
3. How many years, according to Ah Goong, does it take to complete the railroad?
4. What is an immortal?
5. The seer does not disturb the spirits in the clouds in "On Mortality Again" __________________________.
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)