1. What do the two old women do to Tang Ao with the needles?
(a) pierce Tang's tongue
(b) sew Tang's lips shut
(c) pin Tang's ears to his head
(d) pierce Tang's ears
2. What reason is given for torturing Tang Ao?
(a) to punish him for coming to the Land of Women
(b) to teach him a lesson about respecting women
(c) to prepare Tang to meet the queen
(d) to make him look like a woman
3. What was used first to keep the holes open in Tang Ao's earlobes?
(a) gold loops
(b) sticks of straw
(c) jade studs
(d) silk threads
4. What is the simile "like a knot of ginger root" referring to?
(a) the veins in Tang's broken feet
(b) Tang's arthritic hands
(c) Tang's broken and stacked toes
(d) the shape of Tang's ears
5. What is the procedure that the women are using on Tang's feet called?
This section contains 7,183 words
(approx. 24 pages at 300 words per page)