|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interjects the bickering with the argument that all are equal?
2. What does Yellowhammer vow to do with Moll after her secret meeting with Touchwood Junior?
3. Where are the children going when they greet Allwit and Sir Walter?
4. Who is suggested to enter the town party first?
5. Where does Allwit's new baby sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction to the news that Lady Kix is pregnant?
2. How does Sir Oliver react to the news that Lady Kix is pregnant?
3. How do Yellowhammer and Maudlin react to the news that Moll is very ill?
4. What confession does Yellowhammer make to the audience after Allwit arrives in disguise to tell him about Sir Walter's mistress?
5. What happens on the steps of the church that creates a fight amongst the women?
6. Who is nominated to lead the party into the church, and what is the reaction to this nomination?
7. When Yellowhammer and Maudlin finally locate Moll, what physical state is she in?
8. What is the consequence that Moll and Touchwood Junior must suffer for their secret meeting?
9. How does the reader know that Touchwood Senior is duping Sir Oliver?
10. How does Touchwood Senior's story end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Moll's riverside conflict with her mother, Touchwood Junior challenges Sir Walter to a duel. Explain Touchwood's motivations in challenging Sir Walter and the result of the duel. Who is the victor, and who is simply the victim. Explain how Touchwood Junior used the outcome of the duel to alter the path of his life with Moll.
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of the novel, a wench appears at Touchwood Senior's office to confront him. Explain why the wench felt the need to confront this man, and what the outcome of the conflict was. Then, explain how this conflict characterized Touchwood Senior for the audience.
Essay Topic 3
Allwit and Sir Walter have an unusual business arrangement between them. Briefly explain what Sir Walter's duties are to Allwit, and what Allwit offers Sir Walter in compensation. Explain why Allwit feels the need to hire Sir Walter for such an unusual job, and what he gets out of the arrangement.
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)