|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the servants of the household treat Allwit?
2. What does Sir Walter threaten to do if he finds out that Allwit has slept with his wife?
3. What food item has Mistress Allwit been craving since her pregnancy?
4. Which official also attends the secret meeting between Moll and Touchwood Junior?
5. How many women does Touchwood Senior claim to have impregnated within a three week period?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maudlin react when she finds Moll trying to run away?
2. How does Allwit greet Moll and Touchwood Junior when they arrive at his daughter's christening?
3. Who has come along with Touchwood Junior and Moll for their secret meeting?
4. What is the reaction to the news that Lady Kix is pregnant?
5. How is Davy Dahumma greeted when he arrives at Allwit's home?
6. How does Sir Oliver react to the news of Moll's death and impending funeral?
7. What happens when Touchwood Junior challenges Sir Walter do a duel?
8. How is the secret meeting between Touchwood Junior and Moll interrupted?
9. What news does Touchwood Senior bring to Moll after she has fallen ill, and what is Moll's reaction?
10. How does the reader know that Touchwood Senior is duping Sir Oliver?
Essay Topic 1
All the characters in this play have prescribed to a rigorous social hierarchy that affects the entire nation. Briefly describe the social hierarchy of the time, and create a list of characters from the bottom of the hierarchy to the top. Explain what methods characters use throughout the play to move their way up the social hierarchy. Are any of these methods successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
At the opening of the play, the audience is introduced to Yellowhammer and his wife, Maudlin. Briefly describe the lifestyle that the Yellowhammer family is living in at the opening of the play. Explain how Yellowhammer fought for the duration of the play to rise up the social ladder.
Essay Topic 3
Both Maudlin and Yellowhammer were extremely meddlesome and controlling parents. Explain why Yellowhammer and his wife felt the need to control their children's lives, and what affect their meddlesome behavior eventually had on the lives of their children.
This section contains 1,725 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)