|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As she is taken away, when does Moll think will be the next time she will see Touchwood Junior?
2. Which of the following adjectives best represents the relationship between Moll and Touchwood Junior?
3. How does Allwit react to the birth of his third child?
4. Who is the post-christening party meant to honor?
5. How do the servants of the household treat Allwit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Touchwood Senior feel about the country girls who work in the estate around harvest time?
2. How is Davy Dahumma greeted when he arrives at Allwit's home?
3. Where do Touchwood Junior and Moll secretly meet, and why?
4. What is the reaction to the news that Lady Kix is pregnant?
5. What gifts does Mistress Allwit receive from Sir Walter in celebration of the birth of their daughter?
6. What happens when the Promoters accost the Wench in an alleyway?
7. What happens when Touchwood Junior enters the meeting between Moll and Sir Walter?
8. Who arrives with the two Puritan women to the baby's christening?
9. Why are Sir Walter Whorehound and his niece traveling to meet with Moll's family?
10. How does Sir Oliver react to the news that Lady Kix is pregnant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The story of "A Chaste Maid in Cheapside" is set during a particular religious event. Describe the religious event, and then explain how this event altered the events of the play.
Essay Topic 2
The Welsh Gentlewoman plays an important role in Tim's life. Briefly describe the Welsh Gentlewoman and why she appears in Tim's life. Explain how she irrevocably changes Tim's life. Finally, explain how through her goal of changing Tim's life, her own life is changed in a way she is not expecting.
Essay Topic 3
Another struggle that is present in the play is Lady Kix's struggle to get pregnant. Explain why it is so important for Lady Kix to get pregnant, and then explain what lengths she decides to go through in order to assure she will have a child. What is the outcome of her struggle? Is her plan a success? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,745 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)