|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is attempting to help Allwit get dressed for the town party?
2. How long does Yellowhammer promise to watch over Moll?
3. In what building is the town party set to take place?
4. What is Allwit congratulated on during the town party?
5. How many gold coins does Touchwood Senior pay the Wench to get her to leave him alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who arrives with the two Puritan women to the baby's christening?
2. How does Touchwood Senior's story end?
3. How much does Sir Oliver promise to pay Touchwood Senior, and for what events?
4. Why does Lady Kix consider hiring Touchwood Senior for his unique services?
5. How is the secret meeting between Touchwood Junior and Moll interrupted?
6. What shocking event happens at Moll and Touchwood Junior's funeral?
7. What is the consequence that Moll and Touchwood Junior must suffer for their secret meeting?
8. How do Yellowhammer and Maudlin react to the news that Moll is very ill?
9. How does the reader know that Touchwood Senior is duping Sir Oliver?
10. What opinion does Maudlin have about fools, and how are her comments on the topic received by Tim?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the opening of the play, the audience is introduced to Yellowhammer and his wife, Maudlin. Briefly describe the lifestyle that the Yellowhammer family is living in at the opening of the play. Explain how Yellowhammer fought for the duration of the play to rise up the social ladder.
Essay Topic 2
Although they are in the play for only one scene, the Promoters do a great deal to help set the tone of the play. Briefly describe the physicality and purpose of the promoters, and then explain how their presence altered the tone of the play. What effect does their presence have on the characters of the play?
Essay Topic 3
The Welsh Gentlewoman plays an important role in Tim's life. Briefly describe the Welsh Gentlewoman and why she appears in Tim's life. Explain how she irrevocably changes Tim's life. Finally, explain how through her goal of changing Tim's life, her own life is changed in a way she is not expecting.
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)