|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is attempting to help Allwit get dressed for the town party?
2. Why does Allwit ask the wet nurse to bring the new baby into his study?
3. What does Touchwood Senior offer to the Wench's cousin if she does not press charges against him?
4. How does Sir Walter feel about Wat and Nick?
5. How many women does Touchwood Senior claim to have impregnated within a three week period?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Yellowhammer and Maudlin react to the news that Moll will probably die?
2. What happens on the steps of the church that creates a fight amongst the women?
3. What happens when the Wench accosts Touchwood Senior with one of his illegitimate children?
4. How does Allwit greet Moll and Touchwood Junior when they arrive at his daughter's christening?
5. How does Touchwood Senior's story end?
6. How does Allwit react to the Puritans as they invade his home during the christening party?
7. How does Allwit prepare for his daughter's christening?
8. How does Sir Walter react to the news that Moll has tried to escape and that their impeding marriage has been bumped up in the schedule?
9. What happens when the Promoters accost the Wench in an alleyway?
10. How is Davy Dahumma greeted when he arrives at Allwit's home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Middleton does not pull any punches when it comes to his beliefs about the Puritans. Explain Middleton's reaction to the Puritan religion and how his emotions come out in the play.
Essay Topic 2
The Welsh Gentlewoman plays an important role in Tim's life. Briefly describe the Welsh Gentlewoman and why she appears in Tim's life. Explain how she irrevocably changes Tim's life. Finally, explain how through her goal of changing Tim's life, her own life is changed in a way she is not expecting.
Essay Topic 3
The setting of the play is very influential to the title. Briefly describe the setting of Cheapside, and then explain how this setting sets the tone for the entire plot of the play. In your opinion, would this story have been as effective if it were set anywhere else? Why or why not?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)