|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Puritan women arrive first to the town party?
2. What role do the group of townsfolk invited to the party play in the ceremony?
3. As she is taken away, when does Moll think will be the next time she will see Touchwood Junior?
4. Who arrives with Moll to the town party?
5. What does Sir Walter threaten to do if he finds out that Allwit has slept with his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the steps of the church that creates a fight amongst the women?
2. How is the secret meeting between Touchwood Junior and Moll interrupted?
3. What happens when the Wench accosts Touchwood Senior with one of his illegitimate children?
4. How does Maudlin react to the truth about Tim's wife?
5. How does Sir Oliver react to the news that Lady Kix is pregnant?
6. What confessions does the Welsh gentlewoman make to Tim after the pair is married?
7. What news does the first servant bring to the Allwit's home, and what is the reaction to this news?
8. How does Sir Walter react to the news that Moll has tried to escape and that their impeding marriage has been bumped up in the schedule?
9. What ongoing arrangement does Sir Walter have with Allwit?
10. What gifts does Mistress Allwit receive from Sir Walter in celebration of the birth of their daughter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Sir Walter is first introduced to the audience, it is made clear that he is in deep debt to his family. Explain why Sir Walter has gone into such deep debt, and what he intends to do about resolving those debts. Explain why Sir Walter feels the need to keep his debts hidden to the other characters in the play.
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of the novel, a wench appears at Touchwood Senior's office to confront him. Explain why the wench felt the need to confront this man, and what the outcome of the conflict was. Then, explain how this conflict characterized Touchwood Senior for the audience.
Essay Topic 3
The practice of arranged marriage is extremely popular at the setting of this play. Explain what two arranged marriages were addressed in this play, what the reaction to the arranged marriage was, and what the outcome of each of the arranged marriages turned out to be.
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)