Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interjects the bickering with the argument that all are equal?
2. What type of party is Allwit getting dressed for after the scene with the Promoters?
3. What does Touchwood Senior try to convince the Wench of after she calls him a lying villain?
4. Where are the children going when they greet Allwit and Sir Walter?
5. Where does the argument over social standing occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Yellowhammer and Maudlin react to the news that Moll will probably die?
2. What is the reaction to the news that Lady Kix is pregnant?
3. How does Allwit prepare for his daughter's christening?
4. How does Sir Walter react when his two sons, Wat and Nick, enter the room for the first time?
5. Why do Touchwood Junior and Senior arrive together to Sir Oliver's home?
6. How do the townsfolk receive Tim when he returns home for the christening party?
7. What happens when Touchwood Junior enters the meeting between Moll and Sir Walter?
8. How do those around him treat Allwit in response to his agreement with Sir Walter?
9. How do the Puritan women handle the situation of the townsfolk bickering at the church steps?
10. What lie must Sir Walter tell to Moll's family in order for the arranged marriages to proceed?
Essay Topic 1
The Welsh Gentlewoman plays an important role in Tim's life. Briefly describe the Welsh Gentlewoman and why she appears in Tim's life. Explain how she irrevocably changes Tim's life. Finally, explain how through her goal of changing Tim's life, her own life is changed in a way she is not expecting.
Essay Topic 2
Although they are in the play for only one scene, the Promoters do a great deal to help set the tone of the play. Briefly describe the physicality and purpose of the promoters, and then explain how their presence altered the tone of the play. What effect does their presence have on the characters of the play?
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of the novel, a wench appears at Touchwood Senior's office to confront him. Explain why the wench felt the need to confront this man, and what the outcome of the conflict was. Then, explain how this conflict characterized Touchwood Senior for the audience.
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)