|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision do Touchwood Senior and his wife reach during their first onstage discussion?
2. How does the one who is suggested to enter the town party first respond?
3. What does Yellowhammer vow to do with Moll after her secret meeting with Touchwood Junior?
4. Why are Yellowhammer and his wife excited about their son's impending marriage?
5. What is hiding under the leg of mutton that the wench presents to the Promoters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Touchwood Senior bring to Moll after she has fallen ill, and what is Moll's reaction?
2. What roles will The Gossips play in the christening of Allwit's daughter?
3. How does the reader know that Touchwood Senior is duping Sir Oliver?
4. Why are Sir Walter Whorehound and his niece traveling to meet with Moll's family?
5. How does Allwit greet Moll and Touchwood Junior when they arrive at his daughter's christening?
6. What happens when Tim meets his fiancé for the first time and they are both speaking in different languages?
7. Who has come along with Touchwood Junior and Moll for their secret meeting?
8. How does Touchwood Senior feel about the country girls who work in the estate around harvest time?
9. How does Allwit feel about the birth of his new baby?
10. What happens when Touchwood Junior enters the meeting between Moll and Sir Walter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Sir Walter is first introduced to the audience, it is made clear that he is in deep debt to his family. Explain why Sir Walter has gone into such deep debt, and what he intends to do about resolving those debts. Explain why Sir Walter feels the need to keep his debts hidden to the other characters in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Another struggle that is present in the play is Lady Kix's struggle to get pregnant. Explain why it is so important for Lady Kix to get pregnant, and then explain what lengths she decides to go through in order to assure she will have a child. What is the outcome of her struggle? Is her plan a success? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The Welsh Gentlewoman plays an important role in Tim's life. Briefly describe the Welsh Gentlewoman and why she appears in Tim's life. Explain how she irrevocably changes Tim's life. Finally, explain how through her goal of changing Tim's life, her own life is changed in a way she is not expecting.
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)