|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following names does Allwit call Wat, his "son?"
2. Which official also attends the secret meeting between Moll and Touchwood Junior?
3. Why are Yellowhammer and his wife excited about their son's impending marriage?
4. Which of the following emotions best describes Sir Walter's state when he first arrives at Allwit's home?
5. What is Davy Duhamma's position in Sir Walter's entourage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Allwit react to the Puritans as they invade his home during the christening party?
2. How does Sir Walter react to the news that Moll has tried to escape and that their impeding marriage has been bumped up in the schedule?
3. Who has come along with Touchwood Junior and Moll for their secret meeting?
4. How does the reader know that Touchwood Senior is duping Sir Oliver?
5. How is the secret meeting between Touchwood Junior and Moll interrupted?
6. What gifts does Mistress Allwit receive from Sir Walter in celebration of the birth of their daughter?
7. What news does the first servant bring to the Allwit's home, and what is the reaction to this news?
8. How does Touchwood Senior's story end?
9. What lie must Sir Walter tell to Moll's family in order for the arranged marriages to proceed?
10. What happens when Sir Walter lies wounded at the Allwit's home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the play, the biggest struggle seemed to be happening between Touchwood Junior and Moll. Describe the relationship between the pair, and explain why they were forbidden to be together. Then, briefly describe each of the three attempts the couple made to be together.
Essay Topic 2
Middleton does not pull any punches when it comes to his beliefs about the Puritans. Explain Middleton's reaction to the Puritan religion and how his emotions come out in the play.
Essay Topic 3
The story of "A Chaste Maid in Cheapside" is set during a particular religious event. Describe the religious event, and then explain how this event altered the events of the play.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)