|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Promoters searching for villagers?
2. What is the name of Moll's brother?
3. Which village worker does Allwit lie to and tell the promoters he is searching for?
4. Which of the following adjectives best represents the relationship between Moll and Touchwood Junior?
5. Who is Moll's mother concerned with her daughter attracting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conversation are Moll and her mother having as the play opens?
2. What happens when Sir Walter lies wounded at the Allwit's home?
3. How does Touchwood Senior convince Sir Oliver he will be able to impregnate his wife?
4. What happens when Touchwood Junior challenges Sir Walter do a duel?
5. How does Tim react to the confessions that his wife makes to him after they are married?
6. How does Touchwood Senior feel about the country girls who work in the estate around harvest time?
7. What shocking event happens at Moll and Touchwood Junior's funeral?
8. How do Yellowhammer and Maudlin react to the news that Moll will probably die?
9. How is Davy Dahumma greeted when he arrives at Allwit's home?
10. Who are the Promoters and what is their job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Welsh Gentlewoman plays an important role in Tim's life. Briefly describe the Welsh Gentlewoman and why she appears in Tim's life. Explain how she irrevocably changes Tim's life. Finally, explain how through her goal of changing Tim's life, her own life is changed in a way she is not expecting.
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of the novel, a wench appears at Touchwood Senior's office to confront him. Explain why the wench felt the need to confront this man, and what the outcome of the conflict was. Then, explain how this conflict characterized Touchwood Senior for the audience.
Essay Topic 3
After Moll's riverside conflict with her mother, Touchwood Junior challenges Sir Walter to a duel. Explain Touchwood's motivations in challenging Sir Walter and the result of the duel. Who is the victor, and who is simply the victim. Explain how Touchwood Junior used the outcome of the duel to alter the path of his life with Moll.
This section contains 1,703 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)