|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Wench's cousin, whom Touchwood Senior allegedly impregnates?
2. Where are the Promoters searching for villagers?
3. What is Davy Duhamma's position in Sir Walter's entourage?
4. How is Lady Kix related to Mistress Allwit?
5. What contraband food item are the Promoters searching for in the villagers' baskets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the consequence that Moll and Touchwood Junior must suffer for their secret meeting?
2. How does Middleton strive to portray the Puritan women in his play?
3. How do Yellowhammer and Maudlin react to the news that Moll is very ill?
4. What is the reaction to the news that Lady Kix is pregnant?
5. How does Touchwood Senior's story end?
6. How does Sir Walter react to the news that Moll has tried to escape and that their impeding marriage has been bumped up in the schedule?
7. What happens when the Wench accosts Touchwood Senior with one of his illegitimate children?
8. How is the secret meeting between Touchwood Junior and Moll interrupted?
9. How does the reader know that Touchwood Senior is duping Sir Oliver?
10. What bombshell does Davy Dahana drop on Allwit at the end of the party, and what is Allwit's response to the news?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Sir Walter is first introduced to the audience, it is made clear that he is in deep debt to his family. Explain why Sir Walter has gone into such deep debt, and what he intends to do about resolving those debts. Explain why Sir Walter feels the need to keep his debts hidden to the other characters in the play.
Essay Topic 2
The practice of arranged marriage is extremely popular at the setting of this play. Explain what two arranged marriages were addressed in this play, what the reaction to the arranged marriage was, and what the outcome of each of the arranged marriages turned out to be.
Essay Topic 3
At the opening of the play, the audience is introduced to Yellowhammer and his wife, Maudlin. Briefly describe the lifestyle that the Yellowhammer family is living in at the opening of the play. Explain how Yellowhammer fought for the duration of the play to rise up the social ladder.
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)