|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Moll's mother concerned with her daughter attracting?
2. Which character does Yellowhammer think duped him?
3. Why does Allwit turn a blind eye to the affair between his wife and Sir Walter?
4. Who arrives with Moll to the town party?
5. How does the one who is suggested to enter the town party first respond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shocking event happens at Moll and Touchwood Junior's funeral?
2. What arrangements has Touchwood Junior made for his second attempt at escape with Moll?
3. Who is selected as the godparents to Allwit's new baby, and how are they selected?
4. What confessions does the Welsh gentlewoman make to Tim after the pair is married?
5. What happens on the steps of the church that creates a fight amongst the women?
6. What lie must Sir Walter tell to Moll's family in order for the arranged marriages to proceed?
7. How do Yellowhammer and Maudlin react to the news that Moll will probably die?
8. How do the townsfolk receive Tim when he returns home for the christening party?
9. How does Allwit prepare for his daughter's christening?
10. How is the secret meeting between Touchwood Junior and Moll interrupted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The setting of the play is very influential to the title. Briefly describe the setting of Cheapside, and then explain how this setting sets the tone for the entire plot of the play. In your opinion, would this story have been as effective if it were set anywhere else? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in this novel have children that they do not have relationships with. Create a list of men who have created children outside of marriage, and what their relationship to their children is. Explain how these characters, and their relationships with their children characterize the entire setting of the play for the audience.
Essay Topic 3
When Tim arrives home, he acts very pompously with his education. Describe the conversation that Tim gets into with his tutor about logic, and his mother's reaction to this conversation. Explain how Tim is forced to eat his words at the end of this play, and what his reaction to this turn of events is.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)