|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason Touchwood Senior is having trouble in his marriage?
2. What does Allwit thank Moll for doing at the party?
3. What does Allwit offer Moll and Touchwood Junior when he sees them at the town party?
4. In what building is the town party set to take place?
5. What is Allwit congratulated on during the town party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the consequence that Moll and Touchwood Junior must suffer for their secret meeting?
2. When Yellowhammer and Maudlin finally locate Moll, what physical state is she in?
3. Who has come along with Touchwood Junior and Moll for their secret meeting?
4. How much does Sir Oliver promise to pay Touchwood Senior, and for what events?
5. How does Sir Oliver react to the news that Lady Kix is pregnant?
6. How does Maudlin react to the truth about Tim's wife?
7. How does Sir Walter react when his two sons, Wat and Nick, enter the room for the first time?
8. How does Allwit prepare for his daughter's christening?
9. Who arrives with the two Puritan women to the baby's christening?
10. How does Allwit greet Moll and Touchwood Junior when they arrive at his daughter's christening?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Maudlin and Yellowhammer were extremely meddlesome and controlling parents. Explain why Yellowhammer and his wife felt the need to control their children's lives, and what affect their meddlesome behavior eventually had on the lives of their children.
Essay Topic 2
All the characters in this play have prescribed to a rigorous social hierarchy that affects the entire nation. Briefly describe the social hierarchy of the time, and create a list of characters from the bottom of the hierarchy to the top. Explain what methods characters use throughout the play to move their way up the social hierarchy. Are any of these methods successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Touchwood Senior concocts a ridiculous plan to impregnate Lady Kix that relies almost solely on Sir Oliver's gullibility. Describe Touchwood Senior's plan and Sir Oliver's reaction to the plan. Explain Sir Oliver's reaction when he finds out the truth behind his duping.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)