|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the children going when they greet Allwit and Sir Walter?
2. What decision do Touchwood Senior and his wife reach during their first onstage discussion?
3. How does Sir Walter feel about Wat and Nick?
4. What does Yellowhammer vow to do with Moll after her secret meeting with Touchwood Junior?
5. As she is taken away, when does Moll think will be the next time she will see Touchwood Junior?
Short Essay Questions
1. What confessions does the Welsh gentlewoman make to Tim after the pair is married?
2. How does Middleton strive to portray the Puritan women in his play?
3. Who is selected as the godparents to Allwit's new baby, and how are they selected?
4. How does Allwit greet Moll and Touchwood Junior when they arrive at his daughter's christening?
5. How does Touchwood Senior feel about the country girls who work in the estate around harvest time?
6. Who is nominated to lead the party into the church, and what is the reaction to this nomination?
7. What confession does Yellowhammer make to the audience after Allwit arrives in disguise to tell him about Sir Walter's mistress?
8. How is the secret meeting between Touchwood Junior and Moll interrupted?
9. What happens when Tim meets his fiancé for the first time and they are both speaking in different languages?
10. What roles will The Gossips play in the christening of Allwit's daughter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in this novel have children that they do not have relationships with. Create a list of men who have created children outside of marriage, and what their relationship to their children is. Explain how these characters, and their relationships with their children characterize the entire setting of the play for the audience.
Essay Topic 2
Allwit and Sir Walter have an unusual business arrangement between them. Briefly explain what Sir Walter's duties are to Allwit, and what Allwit offers Sir Walter in compensation. Explain why Allwit feels the need to hire Sir Walter for such an unusual job, and what he gets out of the arrangement.
Essay Topic 3
The scene in which Maudlin confronts Moll at the riverbed proves to be a turning point in Moll's life. Explain the events of the riverside rendezvous, and how Moll used these events to alter the path of her life. Finally, explain how this riverside conflict changed the relationship between mother and daughter.
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)