|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the second servant announce, interrupting Allwit's rampage against Sir Walter?
(a) That Lady Kix is pregnant.
(b) That Touchwood Junior is dead.
(c) That Sir Walter is under arrest.
(d) That Moll has run off again.
2. Which servant in the Oliver home has decided to help Lady Kix with her plan for pregnancy?
(a) A stableboy.
(b) A maid.
(c) A groomsman.
(d) A butler.
3. How much of his money does Sir Walter leave to Mistress Allwit?
(a) A quarter of it.
(b) None of it.
(c) Half of it.
(d) All of it.
4. Who comes to Sir Walter's defense when Allwit wants to kick him out of the house?
(b) Mistress Allwit.
(c) Davy Duhana.
(d) No one.
5. To whom does Sir Oliver want to announce the news of Lady Kix's pregnancy?
(a) Only his family.
(b) The entire public.
(c) Only his closest friends
(d) No one.
6. Which member of the community is considered most integral to Moll's funeral?
(a) The Gardener.
(b) The Journalist.
(c) The Doctor.
(d) The Parson.
7. What do Moll's parents presume she is going to do after being carried into her room?
(a) Write letters.
(b) Begin her mourning.
8. What does Moll claim will happen to her regardless of her parents' care?
(a) She will heal.
(b) She will give in to her parents' demands.
(c) She will die.
(d) She will run away again.
9. Why does Maudlin sound the alarm, causing everyone to run from the house in a panic?
(a) Because the kitchen is on fire.
(b) Because the sheep have been snatched from their pen.
(c) Because she is in labor.
(d) Because Moll is missing.
10. When does Yellowhammer vow to have Moll married to Sir Walter?
(a) During the next full moon.
(b) At sundown.
(c) Within the week.
(d) The next morning.
11. How does Allwit react to the Puritan women over dinner?
(a) He is amused by them.
(b) He is embarrassed by them.
(c) He is outraged at them.
(d) He is disgusted by them.
12. How does Sir Walter react to the news that he will be married so quickly?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is pleased.
13. How is Moll dragged back to her family?
(a) By her hair.
(b) By her ear.
(c) By her arms.
(d) By her ankles.
14. Why does Touchwood Senior say riding after drinking is important to the patient?
(a) Because it mixes the potion.
(b) Because it helps the potion stick to the stomach.
(c) Because it settles the patient's stomach.
(d) Because it moves the potion through the body faster.
15. To whose home does Sir Walter run when he flees the duel?
(a) Sir Oliver's.
(b) Davy Duhana's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does NOT attend Moll's funeral?
2. Who pays for the post-christening party?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Moll and Touchwood Junior after their deaths?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Moll's condition when she is found after being dragged from the river?
5. What is the name of Moll's maid?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)