|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Maudlin's relatives arrives unexpectedly to the party?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
2. How do the Puritan women treat the food at the party?
(a) They pick at it and then grow bored.
(b) They ignore it completely.
(c) They eat it heartily.
(d) They are banned from touching it.
3. Why does Sir Walter curse the Allwits?
(a) For being dirty.
(b) For being uneducated.
(c) For being poor.
(d) For being greedy.
4. How do Yellowhammer and Maudlin react to the news that Moll may die?
(a) They reach out to Touchwood Senior to help them cope.
(b) They say they will be glad to see her gone.
(c) They lament not loving her enough.
(d) They decide to leave the city.
5. Who arrives with the news that Touchwood Junior is dead?
(a) A servant.
(b) Touchwood Senior.
(c) Sir Walter.
(d) Lady Kix.
6. To whose home does Sir Walter run when he flees the duel?
(c) Sir Oliver's.
(d) Davy Duhana's.
7. Which servant in the Oliver home has decided to help Lady Kix with her plan for pregnancy?
(a) A butler.
(b) A maid.
(c) A stableboy.
(d) A groomsman.
8. How do Sir Oliver and Lady Kix treat one another when Touchwood Senior arrives?
(a) They are arguing and cursing.
(b) They are kissing one another.
(c) They completely ignore one another.
(d) They hold hands and quietly listen to their guest.
9. For how long does Touchwood Senior tell Sir Oliver he must go riding after drinking the vial?
(a) For five hours.
(b) For ten hours.
(c) For two hours.
(d) For twelve hours.
10. With whom does Tim argue about the nature of fools?
(a) His tutor.
(b) His brother-in-law.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
11. How does Sir Walter react to his injury during the duel?
(a) He begs for mercy.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He attacks with vengeance.
(d) He flees the fight.
12. Why does Maudlin sound the alarm, causing everyone to run from the house in a panic?
(a) Because the sheep have been snatched from their pen.
(b) Because she is in labor.
(c) Because the kitchen is on fire.
(d) Because Moll is missing.
13. What is the name of Moll's maid?
14. Who does Sir Walter hide from after the first servant's news?
(a) Touchwood Senior.
(c) The police.
(d) Sir Oliver.
15. Who does Moll run away with when her mother runs out to find her?
(a) Sir Oliver.
(b) Touchwood Senior.
(c) Lady Kix.
(d) Touchwood Junior.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sir Oliver react to the news that Lady Kix is pregnant?
2. How much did Sir Oliver pay for the vial of milk?
3. Who does Allwit direct to remove Sir Walter from his home?
4. What does Tim argue is the true nature of a fool?
5. Who catches Moll as she is trying to escape?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)