|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moll react to the news that Touchwood Junior is dead?
(a) She faints.
(b) She gives no reaction.
(c) She screams.
(d) She laughs.
2. For how long does Touchwood Senior tell Sir Oliver he must go riding after drinking the vial?
(a) For five hours.
(b) For ten hours.
(c) For twelve hours.
(d) For two hours.
3. What does Tim argue is the true nature of a fool?
(a) A stunted animal.
(b) A rational animal.
(c) A unevolved animal.
(d) A brilliant animal.
4. Why does Touchwood Senior decide to help Sir Oliver and his wife with their cause?
(a) Because he wants to help a couple in need.
(b) Because he is tricked into coming.
(c) Because he wants the money.
(d) Because he knows it will infuriate Sir Walter.
5. Who does Sir Oliver order to pay Touchwood Senior for the news that Lady Kix is pregnant?
(a) Sir Walter.
(b) A servant.
(c) No one.
(d) His banker.
6. How do the Puritan women treat the food at the party?
(a) They are banned from touching it.
(b) They pick at it and then grow bored.
(c) They eat it heartily.
(d) They ignore it completely.
7. Who does Allwit direct to remove Sir Walter from his home?
(a) A group of hooligans.
(b) Sir Walter's servants.
(c) Mistress Allwit's children.
(d) The police.
8. Where does Moll claim to have contracted the disease that is plaguing her?
(a) From her mother.
(b) From Touchwood Junior.
(c) From the river.
(d) From Sir Walter.
9. What method of argument does Tim employ when discussing fools?
10. With whom does Tim argue about the nature of fools?
(a) His sister.
(b) His father.
(c) His tutor.
(d) His brother-in-law.
11. Who has Touchwood Junior arranged to visit while his father is with Sir Oliver?
(b) Mistress Allwit.
(d) Lady Kix.
12. How many funerals will be held for Moll and Touchwood Junior?
(a) No funerals will be held for either one.
(b) One, for Moll only.
(c) One, for Touchwood Junior only.
(d) One, for both victims together.
13. What does Tim say to patronize his mother?
(a) That her opinion is not valid because she never went to University.
(b) That all she is good for is birthing children.
(c) That she herself is a fool.
(d) That he does not believe he sprung from her womb.
14. How do Yellowhammer and Maudlin react to the news that Moll may die?
(a) They decide to leave the city.
(b) They say they will be glad to see her gone.
(c) They lament not loving her enough.
(d) They reach out to Touchwood Senior to help them cope.
15. Who gives Mistress Allwit with the unusual spoons?
(b) Davy Duhana.
(c) Sir Walter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Sir Walter's defense when Allwit wants to kick him out of the house?
2. Who does Sir Walter ask to write down his will?
3. How does Sir Walter react to the news that he will be married so quickly?
4. What shocking event takes place during Moll's funeral?
5. Who arrives with the news that Touchwood Junior is dead?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)