|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Puritan women treat the food at the party?
(a) They pick at it and then grow bored.
(b) They are banned from touching it.
(c) They eat it heartily.
(d) They ignore it completely.
2. Whose opinion of them seems to concern the Yellowhammers most?
(a) The neighbors'.
(b) The Gossips'.
(c) Sir Walter's.
(d) The childrens'.
3. In what language does Tim conduct his argument about fools?
(a) In Spanish.
(b) In Latin.
(c) In French.
(d) In English.
4. How much did Sir Oliver pay for the vial of milk?
(a) Three pounds.
(b) Thirty pence.
(c) Three pence.
(d) Thirty pounds.
5. With whom does Tim argue about the nature of fools?
(a) His brother-in-law.
(b) His tutor.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
6. What language does Tim's fiance speak?
7. Why does Allwit attempt to kick Sir Walter out of his house?
(a) Because he does not want to house a murderer.
(b) Because he does not want to house a fool.
(c) Because he does not want to house an adulterer.
(d) Because he does not want to house a coward.
8. How much money has Sir Walter been promised in the dowry?
(a) 20 pounds.
(b) 2,000 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) None. Moll has no dowry.
9. Who does Maudlin send for when she realizes how sickly Moll is?
(a) Lady Kix.
(b) Sir Walter.
(c) Touchwood Senior.
(d) The doctor.
10. What does Tim say to patronize his mother?
(a) That he does not believe he sprung from her womb.
(b) That she herself is a fool.
(c) That her opinion is not valid because she never went to University.
(d) That all she is good for is birthing children.
11. What do Moll's parents presume she is going to do after being carried into her room?
(a) Write letters.
(c) Begin her mourning.
12. How do Yellowhammer and Maudlin react to the news that Moll may die?
(a) They lament not loving her enough.
(b) They say they will be glad to see her gone.
(c) They reach out to Touchwood Senior to help them cope.
(d) They decide to leave the city.
13. What mode of transportation has been arranged to whisk Moll away from her family?
(a) A train car.
(b) A carriage.
(c) A horse.
(d) A boat.
14. Where does Moll claim to have contracted the disease that is plaguing her?
(a) From her mother.
(b) From Touchwood Junior.
(c) From the river.
(d) From Sir Walter.
15. What does Allwit stand to lose if Sir Walter marries another woman?
(a) His job.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His finances.
(d) His children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Allwit direct to remove Sir Walter from his home?
2. How is Moll dragged back to her family?
3. Who has Touchwood Junior arranged to visit while his father is with Sir Oliver?
4. How does Sir Allwit react to Sir Walter's battle wounds?
5. How many funerals will be held for Moll and Touchwood Junior?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)