|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose opinion of them seems to concern the Yellowhammers most?
(a) The neighbors'.
(b) The childrens'.
(c) Sir Walter's.
(d) The Gossips'.
2. Who arrives with the Puritans to the post-christening party?
(a) The Gossips.
(d) Moll and Touchwood Junior.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Moll's condition when she is found after being dragged from the river?
4. What does Tim believe he can argue about wenches?
(a) That they are all honest women.
(b) That they are all fools.
(c) That they are all scavengers.
(d) That they are all rationally thinking humans.
5. Who pays for the post-christening party?
(a) Davy Duhana.
(b) Sir Walter.
(d) Sir Allwit.
6. To whom does Sir Oliver want to announce the news of Lady Kix's pregnancy?
(a) Only his family.
(b) No one.
(c) Only his closest friends
(d) The entire public.
7. How does Allwit react to the Puritan women over dinner?
(a) He is embarrassed by them.
(b) He is amused by them.
(c) He is outraged at them.
(d) He is disgusted by them.
8. Who interrupts Tim's argument about fools with her own opinion of the topic?
(b) Lady Kix.
(c) The wench.
9. Why does Sir Walter curse the Allwits?
(a) For being dirty.
(b) For being uneducated.
(c) For being greedy.
(d) For being poor.
10. Which of the following adjectives best describes the servant who decides to help Lady Kix?
11. Which of the following characters does NOT attend Moll's funeral?
(a) Sir Oliver.
(c) Sir Walter.
(d) Lady Kix.
12. How does Sir Walter react to his injury during the duel?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He flees the fight.
(c) He begs for mercy.
(d) He attacks with vengeance.
13. Which of the following is NOT something for which Sir Oliver is willing to pay Touchwood Senior?
(a) The impregnation of Lady Kix.
(b) The vial of milk.
(c) The birth of a male child.
(d) The labor of Lady Kix.
14. What news does the first servant bring, interrupting the dictation of Sir Walter's will?
(a) That Sir Walter is under arrest.
(b) That Moll has run off again.
(c) That Touchwood Junior is dead.
(d) That Lady Kix is pregnant.
15. How much did Sir Oliver pay for the vial of milk?
(a) Thirty pounds.
(b) Thirty pence.
(c) Three pounds.
(d) Three pence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Sir Oliver and Lady Kix treat one another when Touchwood Senior arrives?
2. Who does Sir Walter hide from after the first servant's news?
3. How does Moll react to the news that Touchwood Junior is dead?
4. What does the second servant announce, interrupting Allwit's rampage against Sir Walter?
5. What does Tim argue is the true nature of a fool?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)