|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Moll's condition when she is found after being dragged from the river?
2. Who catches Moll as she is trying to escape?
(a) Davy Duhana.
3. How much is Touchwood Senior paid for the news that Lady Kix is pregnant?
(a) 10 pounds.
(b) 1000 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
4. What type of milk is actually contained in the vial?
(a) Goat's milk.
(b) Dandelion milk.
(c) Cow's milk.
(d) Almond milk.
5. Who does Sir Walter hide from after the first servant's news?
(a) The police.
(c) Touchwood Senior.
(d) Sir Oliver.
6. What is discovered to be the truth about Moll's funeral?
(a) It is a hoax.
(b) Sir Walter pays for it.
(c) It is not paid for.
(d) It is abandoned by Yellowhammer and Maudlin.
7. Whose opinion of them seems to concern the Yellowhammers most?
(a) The childrens'.
(b) The Gossips'.
(c) Sir Walter's.
(d) The neighbors'.
8. Who finds Moll after she runs away again?
(a) The Allwits.
(b) Her brother.
(c) The Gossips.
(d) Her parents.
9. How is Moll dragged back to her family?
(a) By her arms.
(b) By her hair.
(c) By her ankles.
(d) By her ear.
10. Why does Maudlin sound the alarm, causing everyone to run from the house in a panic?
(a) Because the kitchen is on fire.
(b) Because she is in labor.
(c) Because Moll is missing.
(d) Because the sheep have been snatched from their pen.
11. Who arrives with the Puritans to the post-christening party?
(a) Moll and Touchwood Junior.
(d) The Gossips.
12. Who does Sir Walter ask to write down his will?
(b) Sir Oliver.
(c) Mistress Allwit.
(d) Davy Duhana.
13. Who does Allwit speak to about Sir Walter's mistress while in disguise?
14. What does the second servant announce, interrupting Allwit's rampage against Sir Walter?
(a) That Sir Walter is under arrest.
(b) That Touchwood Junior is dead.
(c) That Moll has run off again.
(d) That Lady Kix is pregnant.
15. How does Sir Allwit react to Sir Walter's battle wounds?
(a) He calls a doctor to see to them.
(b) He ignores them.
(c) He attempts to nurse them himself.
(d) He pokes his fingers in them, making them worse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sir Walter curse the Allwits?
2. How does Allwit react to the Puritan women over dinner?
3. Who does Sir Oliver order to pay Touchwood Senior for the news that Lady Kix is pregnant?
4. Who interrupts Tim's argument about fools with her own opinion of the topic?
5. How does Sir Walter react to the news that he will be married so quickly?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)