|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whose home does Sir Walter run when he flees the duel?
(b) Sir Oliver's.
(c) Davy Duhana's.
2. Who pays for the post-christening party?
(a) Davy Duhana.
(c) Sir Allwit.
(d) Sir Walter.
3. How much is Touchwood Senior paid for the news that Lady Kix is pregnant?
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 10 pounds.
(d) 1000 pounds.
4. Who has Touchwood Junior arranged to visit while his father is with Sir Oliver?
(b) Lady Kix.
(d) Mistress Allwit.
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes the servant who decides to help Lady Kix?
6. How much does Sir Oliver pay Touchwood Senior for the vial of milk?
(a) Fifty pounds.
(b) One hundred pence.
(c) One hundred pounds.
(d) Fifty pence.
7. In what language does Tim conduct his argument about fools?
(a) In French.
(b) In English.
(c) In Spanish.
(d) In Latin.
8. Who does Allwit direct to remove Sir Walter from his home?
(a) Sir Walter's servants.
(b) A group of hooligans.
(c) Mistress Allwit's children.
(d) The police.
9. What does Tim believe he can argue about wenches?
(a) That they are all fools.
(b) That they are all scavengers.
(c) That they are all rationally thinking humans.
(d) That they are all honest women.
10. With what weapon is Sir Walter challenged to a duel?
(a) A knife.
(b) With fists.
(c) A sword.
(d) A gun.
11. Why does Sir Walter curse the Allwits?
(a) For being uneducated.
(b) For being dirty.
(c) For being greedy.
(d) For being poor.
12. What does Allwit decide to turn his house into after Sir Walter is removed from it?
(a) A brothel.
(b) A school.
(c) A church.
(d) A bar.
13. What language does Tim's fiance speak?
14. How do Sir Oliver and Lady Kix treat one another when Touchwood Senior arrives?
(a) They are kissing one another.
(b) They hold hands and quietly listen to their guest.
(c) They completely ignore one another.
(d) They are arguing and cursing.
15. Why does Touchwood Senior decide to help Sir Oliver and his wife with their cause?
(a) Because he is tricked into coming.
(b) Because he knows it will infuriate Sir Walter.
(c) Because he wants the money.
(d) Because he wants to help a couple in need.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maudlin send for when she realizes how sickly Moll is?
2. How does Moll react to the news that Touchwood Junior is dead?
3. Why does Touchwood Senior say riding after drinking is important to the patient?
4. How do the Puritan women treat the food at the party?
5. Who does Sir Oliver order to pay Touchwood Senior for the news that Lady Kix is pregnant?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)