|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What controversial book did Thomas S. Kuhn publish in 1962?
(a) The Structure of Scientific Revolutions.
(b) Physical Review Letters.
(c) Period Three Implies Chaos.
(d) Fractals Everywhere.
2. What is a measure of some property of a piece of software or its specifications?
(a) Software visualization.
(b) Cosmic arrhythmias.
(c) Fractal compression.
(d) Software metric.
3. Where was Edward Lorenz born?
(a) West Hartford, Connecticut.
(b) Atlantic City, New Jersey.
(c) Bangor, Maine.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
4. From what institution did Harry L. Swinney earn his Ph.D.?
(b) Johns Hopkins University.
(c) The University of Bonn.
(d) The University of Illinois.
5. When was Thomas S. Kuhn born?
Short Answer Questions
1. While Bernardo Huberman was giving a lecture at the National Institutes of Health, he began to notice that there was what among the people in his audience?
2. What will drain rapidly from large-scale motions to small-scale motions?
3. From what institution did Albert Libchaber earn his Ph.D.?
4. Where was Benoit Mandelbrot born?
5. Who is attributed to the following quote from Chapter 10, "Inner Rhythms": "The sciences do not try to explain, they hardly even try to interpret, they mainly make models"?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)