|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Ama and Aba doing at the opening of this section?
(a) Talking about Ali.
(b) Preparing for Oko's wedding.
(c) Discussing why men leave women.
(d) Preparing for Esi's wedding.
2. What happens when Opokuya drives off with Esi's old car?
(a) Esi runs out after her.
(c) Esi worries it will break down.
(d) Esi cries.
3. What does Esi ask Opokuya concerning Oko?
(a) If Oko has remarried.
(b) If Opokuya thinks Esi should have stayed married to Oko.
(c) If Oko seems to miss her.
(d) If Oko is well.
4. What does Ali think of as home?
(a) His childhood home with his aunt.
(b) No where.
(c) His house with Fusena.
(d) His office.
5. Why would Esi's mother have thought it alright for Oko to take another wife?
(a) Oko wouldn't then rape Esi if she did not want sex.
(b) The other wife could bear all the children.
(c) Her mother was opposed to Oko taking another wife also.
(d) Esi would have been the senior wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fusena sometimes call Ali at Esi's house?
2. About what does Opokuya wonder concerning Esi and Fusena?
3. What does Ali do but is unable to keep up?
4. What is Esi eventually feeling?
5. Why is Opokuya happy for Esi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What insecurities and fears does it bring up for Fusena when Ali mentions that his intended second wife has a university degree?
2. What does Ali propose to Esi and what is her response?
3. Where does Esi go after dropping Ali off in her new car and what does she offer Opokuya?
4. What does Ali buy Esi and what is her reaction?
5. Give the main highlights of Opokuya and Esi's conversation.
6. How is Esi feeling after a year of marriage to Ali?
7. What is Esi's mother's hesitation about Esi marrying Ali and what does Esi think about this?
8. What does Kubi relate when he returns from Esi's home and what do they conclude?
9. Describe Kubi and Oko's interaction.
10. How does Esi being there help Opokuya out of a dilemma and what does every advise Esi to do?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)