|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi tell Ali to do?
(a) Choose between her and Fusena.
(b) Divorce her.
(c) Start seeing her every week or not at all.
(d) Go home to his wife and children.
2. What does Kubi point out to Oko?
(a) That Ali was in the wrong legally.
(b) That he was in the wrong legally.
(c) That Esi has made her own choices.
(d) That he was right morally.
3. Why is Opokuya happy for Esi?
(a) Because Esi has a new job.
(b) Because Ali is seeing her more.
(c) Because of Esi's new car.
(d) Because Esi is pregnant.
4. What does Kweku say when he knocks on Opokuya's bedroom door?
(a) That the beans have burned rather badly.
(b) That Esi and Ogyaanowa are there.
(c) That the potatoes are boiling over.
(d) That Kubi is mad that Opokuya is not in the kitchen.
5. Against what does Ali advise Esi?
(a) Letting Ogyaanowa go off with Oko right now.
(b) Pressing legal charges against Oko.
(c) Telling Esi's mother about the incident between Ali and Oko.
(d) Returning home for a few days.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Bamako, how is Esi feeling about her marriage?
2. What does Ali's father want Ali to do when meeting Esi's family?
3. What does Ali think of as home?
4. What is the other think Esi's father asks Ali?
5. What is one thing Esi's father asks Ali?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Esi feeling after a year of marriage to Ali?
2. What does the conversation between Ama and Aba concern at the opening to the second part of Changes?
3. What does Opokuya wonder about Fusena, Ali's first wife?
4. What happens after the trip to Bamako?
5. Why is Opokuya feeling sorry for herself and what can she do about it?
6. Why would it have been different if Oko had taken a second wife?
7. What does Esi's father ask Ali concerning his intentions to marry Esi, and what is Ali's response?
8. What insecurities and fears does it bring up for Fusena when Ali mentions that his intended second wife has a university degree?
9. For what does Ali apologize to his people and how does he rationalize his actions?
10. What surprises Esi about Ali when she is discussing his travels?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)