|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Esi want to wait to wear Ali's gift?
(a) After the actual marriage.
(b) Till her birthday.
(c) After the negotiations.
(d) Until they to to visit her family.
2. What happens when Opokuya drives off with Esi's old car?
(a) Esi worries it will break down.
(c) Esi cries.
(d) Esi runs out after her.
3. What does Ali do traditionally on New Year's Eve?
(a) Spends it with Fusena and their children.
(b) Spends it in London.
(d) Spends it with his father.
4. Who calls Esi at the Dakwas?
(b) Esi's mother.
5. What is Esi eventually feeling?
(b) Gracious towards Fusena.
(c) Lonely and missing Ali.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ali ponder about New Year's Eve?
2. What does Esi find unacceptable about Ali's new secretary?
3. What does Esi wonder about concerning children?
4. To what does Fusena agree?
5. What does Ali bring Esi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give the main highlights of Opokuya and Esi's conversation.
2. What does Ali propose to Esi and what is her response?
3. How does Esi being there help Opokuya out of a dilemma and what does every advise Esi to do?
4. What does the conversation between Ama and Aba concern at the opening to the second part of Changes?
5. How is Esi feeling after a year of marriage to Ali?
6. How does Esi finally make a break with Ali near the end of their third year of marriage?
7. What does Ali buy Esi and what is her reaction?
8. What does Esi feel after leaving Opokuya's home?
9. How is Ali conflicted on New Year's Eve?
10. Who arrives at Esi's house while Ali is still there and what happens?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)