|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Opokuya's two eldest children are left in charge of cooking for the holiday?
(a) They constantly interrupt Opokuya with questions.
(b) They cook an incredible amount of delicious food.
(c) It does not go well.
(d) They refuse to do much.
2. Who begins banging on Esi's door?
(c) No one.
3. When does Esi get really angry at Ali?
(a) Near the end of their third year of marriage.
(b) After he says he cannot visit her there anymore.
(c) After he says he is marrying his secretary.
(d) Near the end of their second year of marriage.
4. What does Esi do after she drops Ali off at Hotel Twentieth Century?
(a) Goes to visit Opokuya.
(b) Goes to pick up Ogyaanowa.
(c) Drives out to the country.
(d) Drives to visit her mother.
5. What does Ali ponder about New Year's Eve?
(a) Whether more than one wife is wise.
(b) Which wife he will make love to.
(c) If he should divorce Esi before she gets pregnant.
(d) If he should allow Fusena the divorce she wants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Opokuya drives off with Esi's old car?
2. What does Ali give Esi for a New Year's present?
3. What does Esi say her mother does not like about Esi and Ali's possible marriage?
4. What does Ali give Esi?
5. What does Esi not want to remember?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kubi relate when he returns from Esi's home and what do they conclude?
2. What does the conversation between Ama and Aba concern at the opening to the second part of Changes?
3. What happens that makes Fusena give her consent to Ali marrying Esi?
4. Why would it have been different if Oko had taken a second wife?
5. What does Esi find out about Ali's secretary and what does she decide to do?
6. What happens after the trip to Bamako?
7. What does Opokuya wonder about Fusena, Ali's first wife?
8. What does Ali decide to do to assuage his guilt, but how does that only increase his guilt and Esi's shame?
9. What does Ali buy Esi and what is her reaction?
10. Where does Esi go after dropping Ali off in her new car and what does she offer Opokuya?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)