|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kubi and two nephews go?
(a) To get more beans.
(b) To watch t.v. at a neighbor's house.
(c) To get more potatoes.
(d) To Esi's home.
2. Who begins banging on Esi's door?
(a) No one.
3. What does Esi say about Fusena?
(a) She hasn't even met her.
(b) She is unhappy in her marriage and is glad Esi is alleviating some of Ali's sexual energy.
(c) She is kind.
(d) She is harsh and rigid.
4. What does Esi tell Ali when he visits after not doing so for weeks?
(a) That she misses him.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she wants to live with him and Fusena.
(d) They do not have a marriage.
5. What does Ali say when Fusena asks if Esi is Muslim?
(b) She is willing to convert.
(d) She will learn about Islam and allow her children to be raised Muslim but she will not convert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kubi point out to Oko?
2. What does Musa Musa do after Ali mollifies him?
3. What does Esi propose she and Ali do as far as her family?
4. Why is Opokuya happy for Esi?
5. What does Esi realize about her job?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Esi being there help Opokuya out of a dilemma and what does every advise Esi to do?
2. Describe Esi's conversation with Opokuya three months after ending her marriage with Ali.
3. What insecurities and fears does it bring up for Fusena when Ali mentions that his intended second wife has a university degree?
4. How is Ali conflicted on New Year's Eve?
5. Describe Kubi and Oko's interaction.
6. What surprises Esi about Ali when she is discussing his travels?
7. What does Esi feel after leaving Opokuya's home?
8. Give the main highlights of Opokuya and Esi's conversation.
9. What does Esi find out about Ali's secretary and what does she decide to do?
10. What does Ali buy Esi and what is her reaction?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)