|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Opokuya thinking of doing before going to the hospital early the next morning?
(b) Sleeping late.
(c) Taking a leisurely bath.
(d) Going over to Esi's house.
2. What does Esi propose she and Ali do as far as her family?
(a) Go visit them.
(b) Pretend Esi is not involved with Ali.
(c) Let them know about the marriage after the fact.
(d) Ignore their misgivings.
3. Why would Esi's mother have thought it alright for Oko to take another wife?
(a) Oko wouldn't then rape Esi if she did not want sex.
(b) The other wife could bear all the children.
(c) Her mother was opposed to Oko taking another wife also.
(d) Esi would have been the senior wife.
4. For what does Esi feel guilty?
(a) For sharing her doubts about Ali with Opokuya.
(b) sharing her doubts about Ali with Ogyaanowa.
(c) For sharing her doubts about Ali with her mother.
(d) For not being more understanding of Ali.
5. Why does Opokuya say Esi is brave?
(a) For divorcing in the first place.
(b) For defying her mother.
(c) For not running back to Oko.
(d) For trying an alternative lifestyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Musa Musa do after Ali mollifies him?
2. What does Ali's father want Ali to do when meeting Esi's family?
3. What is Esi eventually feeling?
4. What does Ali do but is unable to keep up?
5. Where does Kubi and two nephews go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Esi's mother's hesitation about Esi marrying Ali and what does Esi think about this?
2. What does Esi find out about Ali's secretary and what does she decide to do?
3. How does Esi being there help Opokuya out of a dilemma and what does every advise Esi to do?
4. How does Esi finally make a break with Ali near the end of their third year of marriage?
5. Why would it have been different if Oko had taken a second wife?
6. What does Ali buy Esi and what is her reaction?
7. What does Ali propose to Esi and what is her response?
8. Describe Esi's conversation with Opokuya three months after ending her marriage with Ali.
9. What indication is there that Ali and Esi are starting to have difficulties in their relationship in Chapter 10?
10. Why is Opokuya feeling sorry for herself and what can she do about it?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)