|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ali say when Esi demands to know why he's been gone so long?
(a) He says his mother needed him back in the country.
(b) He says his daughter was ill.
(c) He says Fusena was ill.
(d) He says he was away on business and tried to call.
2. What is one thing Esi's father asks Ali?
(a) If Ali expects children from Esi.
(b) If his first wife knows of Ali's desire to marry Esi.
(c) If Ali can afford two wives.
(d) If Ali has been faithful to his first wife except with Esi.
3. Who is not pleased when Ali visits the Dakwa's on January 2nd?
(a) The adults.
(c) The children.
(d) Everyone is happy to see him.
4. Why does Ali feel the gift is inappropriate?
(a) It is way too expensive.
(b) She will be his second wife.
(c) It indicates their relationship has changed.
(d) She does feel it is an appropriate gift.
5. Why does Fusena sometimes call Ali at Esi's house?
(a) To give him a message from his mother.
(b) If he is late getting home.
(c) To ask his advice about their son.
(d) To ask him to bring home groceries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ali tell Esi is the reason he has to go by his office nightly?
2. To what do Ali's relatives agree?
3. What does Esi notice in Ali's voice when she phones him?
4. What does Ali wonder about his ancestors?
5. About what does Opokuya wonder concerning Esi and Fusena?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ali decide to do to assuage his guilt, but how does that only increase his guilt and Esi's shame?
2. What do the older women think about Ali marrying Esi?
3. What is Esi's mother's hesitation about Esi marrying Ali and what does Esi think about this?
4. What happens after the trip to Bamako?
5. Give the main highlights of Opokuya and Esi's conversation.
6. What happens that makes Fusena give her consent to Ali marrying Esi?
7. How is Ali conflicted on New Year's Eve?
8. What does Esi's father ask Ali concerning his intentions to marry Esi, and what is Ali's response?
9. What does Opokuya wonder about Fusena, Ali's first wife?
10. What does Ali propose to Esi and what is her response?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)