|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi say about monogamy?
(a) It is old fashioned.
(b) It is stifling.
(c) It is good if there are children.
(d) It is honorable.
2. What does Esi say her mother does not like about Esi and Ali's possible marriage?
(a) Esi being a second wife.
(b) Esi getting pregnant anymore since the first pregnancy almost kills her.
(c) Esi living in a different town from Ali.
(d) Esi keeping her job.
3. What does Ali seem like the type of man to Esi?
(a) One who does not need someone.
(b) One who does not believe in tradition.
(c) One who is rigidly traditional.
(d) One who is absolutely honest.
4. What happens when Opokuya drives off with Esi's old car?
(a) Esi worries it will break down.
(c) Esi cries.
(d) Esi runs out after her.
5. Why does Ali feel guilty at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) For not spending New Year's Eve with Esi.
(b) For marrying Esi.
(c) For not letting Fusena divorce him.
(d) For seducing Esi in the first place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Opokuya happy for Esi?
2. What surprises Ali and Esi after they have made love?
3. What does Ali ponder about New Year's Eve?
4. What does Esi say when Kubi wants to check on Oko?
5. Why does Opokuya say Esi is brave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Opokuya feeling sorry for herself and what can she do about it?
2. What does Ali buy Esi and what is her reaction?
3. What happens that makes Fusena give her consent to Ali marrying Esi?
4. How is Esi feeling after a year of marriage to Ali?
5. What insecurities and fears does it bring up for Fusena when Ali mentions that his intended second wife has a university degree?
6. Who arrives at Esi's house while Ali is still there and what happens?
7. What does Ali propose to Esi and what is her response?
8. What is Esi's mother's hesitation about Esi marrying Ali and what does Esi think about this?
9. How does Esi being there help Opokuya out of a dilemma and what does every advise Esi to do?
10. What does Opokuya wonder about Fusena, Ali's first wife?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)