|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Fusena agree?
(a) To demand strong concessions from Ali.
(b) To at least meet Esi.
(c) To divorce Ali.
(d) All of Ali's relatives' suggestions.
2. Who begins banging on Esi's door?
(b) No one.
3. For what does Esi feel guilty?
(a) sharing her doubts about Ali with Ogyaanowa.
(b) For sharing her doubts about Ali with Opokuya.
(c) For not being more understanding of Ali.
(d) For sharing her doubts about Ali with her mother.
4. Why would Esi's mother have thought it alright for Oko to take another wife?
(a) Esi would have been the senior wife.
(b) Her mother was opposed to Oko taking another wife also.
(c) The other wife could bear all the children.
(d) Oko wouldn't then rape Esi if she did not want sex.
5. What does Ali say when Esi demands to know why he's been gone so long?
(a) He says his mother needed him back in the country.
(b) He says Fusena was ill.
(c) He says his daughter was ill.
(d) He says he was away on business and tried to call.
Short Answer Questions
1. Against what does Ali advise Esi?
2. What does Esi notice in Ali's voice when she phones him?
3. What traditional rule has been already broken concerning Ali and Esi according to Opokuya?
4. What shocks Ali's female relatives?
5. Why does Opokuya say Esi is brave?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)