|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Fusena agree?
(a) All of Ali's relatives' suggestions.
(b) To at least meet Esi.
(c) To demand strong concessions from Ali.
(d) To divorce Ali.
2. What does Ali's father want Ali to do when meeting Esi's family?
(a) Show them his ancestry.
(b) Take a reliable person that Ali's father can then talk with.
(c) Find out if they have a solid dowry to offer.
(d) Show them his net worth.
3. What does Esi tell Ali to do?
(a) Choose between her and Fusena.
(b) Start seeing her every week or not at all.
(c) Divorce her.
(d) Go home to his wife and children.
4. What does Kubi point out to Oko?
(a) That Esi has made her own choices.
(b) That he was right morally.
(c) That he was in the wrong legally.
(d) That Ali was in the wrong legally.
5. What does Ali tell Esi is the reason he has to go by his office nightly?
(a) He cannot tell her the reason.
(b) He has to check for messages from his son who is in the United States.
(c) He has to sign all the paperwork generated during the day.
(d) He has to check to see that the safe has been properly locked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esi find unacceptable about Ali's new secretary?
2. What does Ali ponder about New Year's Eve?
3. What happens when Opokuya's two eldest children are left in charge of cooking for the holiday?
4. What does Musa Musa do after Ali mollifies him?
5. To which relatives does Ali finally talk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Opokuya feeling sorry for herself and what can she do about it?
2. Describe Esi's conversation with Opokuya three months after ending her marriage with Ali.
3. What does Esi find out about Ali's secretary and what does she decide to do?
4. What do the older women think about Ali marrying Esi?
5. What does Esi feel after leaving Opokuya's home?
6. How is Ali conflicted on New Year's Eve?
7. What does Kubi relate when he returns from Esi's home and what do they conclude?
8. What does Ali decide to do to assuage his guilt, but how does that only increase his guilt and Esi's shame?
9. What insecurities and fears does it bring up for Fusena when Ali mentions that his intended second wife has a university degree?
10. What does Ali buy Esi and what is her reaction?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)