|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what do Ali's relatives agree?
(a) To stay out of Ali's life.
(b) Nothing since Ali has not talked to them.
(c) To go to Esi's people.
(d) To talk Fusena into the marriage.
2. What does Ali give Esi for a New Year's present?
(a) A gift certificate.
(b) A promise to spend more time with her.
(c) A car.
(d) A vacation to the United States.
3. What happens one day as Ali is pulling away from Esi's house?
(a) He hits a bicyclist.
(b) Opokuya pulls in.
(c) He slumps over the wheel.
(d) He smashes into Esi's car.
4. What is the worst time of the year for Esi?
(a) Ali's birthday.
(b) Her birthday.
(c) The beginning of the school year when she does not have Ogyaanowa.
(d) The end of the year.
5. What happens when Opokuya drives off with Esi's old car?
(a) Esi cries.
(b) Esi runs out after her.
(d) Esi worries it will break down.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Esi feel guilty?
2. Where does Ali take Esi halfway through the New Year?
3. After Bamako, how is Esi feeling about her marriage?
4. In what shape does Kubi find Oko?
5. What does Esi say when Kubi wants to check on Oko?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the trip to Bamako?
2. Why is Opokuya feeling sorry for herself and what can she do about it?
3. What does Ali decide to do to assuage his guilt, but how does that only increase his guilt and Esi's shame?
4. What does the conversation between Ama and Aba concern at the opening to the second part of Changes?
5. Why would it have been different if Oko had taken a second wife?
6. How is Ali conflicted on New Year's Eve?
7. What does Kubi relate when he returns from Esi's home and what do they conclude?
8. What does Opokuya wonder about Fusena, Ali's first wife?
9. What does Esi feel after leaving Opokuya's home?
10. Who arrives at Esi's house while Ali is still there and what happens?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)