|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Ama and Aba doing at the opening of this section?
(a) Preparing for Oko's wedding.
(b) Discussing why men leave women.
(c) Talking about Ali.
(d) Preparing for Esi's wedding.
2. What does Esi do after she drops Ali off at Hotel Twentieth Century?
(a) Goes to visit Opokuya.
(b) Goes to pick up Ogyaanowa.
(c) Drives out to the country.
(d) Drives to visit her mother.
3. Why does Fusena sometimes call Ali at Esi's house?
(a) To ask his advice about their son.
(b) To give him a message from his mother.
(c) To ask him to bring home groceries.
(d) If he is late getting home.
4. After Bamako, how is Esi feeling about her marriage?
(a) She feels more like Ali's wife.
(b) She is sorry she marries Ali.
(c) She is disappointed in Ali's family's reception of her.
(d) She is happy Ali is not around much.
5. What does Esi say her mother does not like about Esi and Ali's possible marriage?
(a) Esi keeping her job.
(b) Esi living in a different town from Ali.
(c) Esi being a second wife.
(d) Esi getting pregnant anymore since the first pregnancy almost kills her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kubi and two nephews go?
2. Who begins banging on Esi's door?
3. What does Ali think of as home?
4. Why does Ali worry about support from his family for his second marriage?
5. Why would Esi's mother have thought it alright for Oko to take another wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would it have been different if Oko had taken a second wife?
2. How does Esi finally make a break with Ali near the end of their third year of marriage?
3. Describe Kubi and Oko's interaction.
4. How is Ali conflicted on New Year's Eve?
5. How does Esi being there help Opokuya out of a dilemma and what does every advise Esi to do?
6. What does Ali propose to Esi and what is her response?
7. What does Esi's father ask Ali concerning his intentions to marry Esi, and what is Ali's response?
8. What does Esi find out about Ali's secretary and what does she decide to do?
9. For what does Ali apologize to his people and how does he rationalize his actions?
10. What indication is there that Ali and Esi are starting to have difficulties in their relationship in Chapter 10?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)