|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what do Ali's relatives agree?
(a) Nothing since Ali has not talked to them.
(b) To talk Fusena into the marriage.
(c) To stay out of Ali's life.
(d) To go to Esi's people.
2. About what does Esi laugh concerning the African male?
(a) His jealousy.
(b) His insecurity.
(c) His insolence.
(d) His demands for propriety.
3. What is the other think Esi's father asks Ali?
(a) Why he thinks he needs two wives.
(b) If Ali plans to have more than two wives.
(c) If Ali can afford more than 2 wives.
(d) Why he has brought an employee and not family to meet with Esi's family.
4. What does Esi not want to remember?
(a) That Ali can have more than two wives.
(b) That she has not seen Ogyaanowa for three months.
(c) That she has not seen Ali for weeks until he brings her the car.
(d) That she was ungrateful to Ali when he brought the car.
5. What does Esi tell Ali to do?
(a) Divorce her.
(b) Choose between her and Fusena.
(c) Start seeing her every week or not at all.
(d) Go home to his wife and children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ali give Esi for a New Year's present?
2. How is Esi's being at Opokuya a blessing for Opokuya?
3. What does Esi realize about her job?
4. Why does Ali feel guilty at the beginning of Chapter 15?
5. What does Ali say when Esi demands to know why he's been gone so long?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kubi relate when he returns from Esi's home and what do they conclude?
2. How is Esi feeling after a year of marriage to Ali?
3. What does Esi find out about Ali's secretary and what does she decide to do?
4. What does Opokuya wonder about Fusena, Ali's first wife?
5. What does Ali buy Esi and what is her reaction?
6. Describe Esi's conversation with Opokuya three months after ending her marriage with Ali.
7. What indication is there that Ali and Esi are starting to have difficulties in their relationship in Chapter 10?
8. What does the conversation between Ama and Aba concern at the opening to the second part of Changes?
9. What does Ali decide to do to assuage his guilt, but how does that only increase his guilt and Esi's shame?
10. What happens after the trip to Bamako?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)