|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Opokuya say Esi is brave?
(a) For not running back to Oko.
(b) For divorcing in the first place.
(c) For trying an alternative lifestyle.
(d) For defying her mother.
2. What does Ali's father want Ali to do when meeting Esi's family?
(a) Show them his net worth.
(b) Find out if they have a solid dowry to offer.
(c) Take a reliable person that Ali's father can then talk with.
(d) Show them his ancestry.
3. When do Ali and Esi go to her family's village?
4. What does Esi say when Kubi wants to check on Oko?
(a) She is happy he is going to do so.
(b) She want to check on him herself.
(c) She wants him to take Ogyaanowa with him.
(d) She objects.
5. Why is Esi feeling free and content?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) Her marriage hopes have been fulfilled.
(c) She has been promoted.
(d) She is seeing Ali regularly.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Bamako, how is Esi feeling about her marriage?
2. What does Esi ask Opokuya concerning Oko?
3. What does Ali continually do to Esi?
4. What wakes Esi from a deep sleep on New Year's Day?
5. From where did Ali receive an urgent message?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Esi being there help Opokuya out of a dilemma and what does every advise Esi to do?
2. Describe Kubi and Oko's interaction.
3. What does Esi feel after leaving Opokuya's home?
4. What does Esi find out about Ali's secretary and what does she decide to do?
5. What do the older women think about Ali marrying Esi?
6. What indication is there that Ali and Esi are starting to have difficulties in their relationship in Chapter 10?
7. For what does Ali apologize to his people and how does he rationalize his actions?
8. What happens that makes Fusena give her consent to Ali marrying Esi?
9. What does the conversation between Ama and Aba concern at the opening to the second part of Changes?
10. What does Esi's father ask Ali concerning his intentions to marry Esi, and what is Ali's response?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)