|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi propose she and Ali do as far as her family?
(a) Let them know about the marriage after the fact.
(b) Ignore their misgivings.
(c) Go visit them.
(d) Pretend Esi is not involved with Ali.
2. Why would Esi's mother have thought it alright for Oko to take another wife?
(a) The other wife could bear all the children.
(b) Oko wouldn't then rape Esi if she did not want sex.
(c) Esi would have been the senior wife.
(d) Her mother was opposed to Oko taking another wife also.
3. To which relatives does Ali finally talk?
(a) The ones he is most sure will be supportive.
(b) The most elderly.
(c) The ones in Nima.
(d) He decides not to talk to any of his relatives.
4. What does Opokuya notice on Esi when she visits one day?
(a) A ring.
(b) A new necklace.
(c) A watch.
(d) A new pair of earrings.
5. What does Esi do after she drops Ali off at Hotel Twentieth Century?
(a) Goes to visit Opokuya.
(b) Goes to pick up Ogyaanowa.
(c) Drives to visit her mother.
(d) Drives out to the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ali say when Esi demands to know why he's been gone so long?
2. What does Esi ask Opokuya concerning Oko?
3. What does Ali say when Fusena asks if Esi is Muslim?
4. What does Esi say about monogamy?
5. When does Esi want to wait to wear Ali's gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the older women think about Ali marrying Esi?
2. What does Esi feel after leaving Opokuya's home?
3. What insecurities and fears does it bring up for Fusena when Ali mentions that his intended second wife has a university degree?
4. What does Esi's father ask Ali concerning his intentions to marry Esi, and what is Ali's response?
5. What does Opokuya wonder about Fusena, Ali's first wife?
6. Who arrives at Esi's house while Ali is still there and what happens?
7. What surprises Esi about Ali when she is discussing his travels?
8. How does Esi being there help Opokuya out of a dilemma and what does every advise Esi to do?
9. What happens that makes Fusena give her consent to Ali marrying Esi?
10. What does Ali buy Esi and what is her reaction?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)