|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not pleased when Ali visits the Dakwa's on January 2nd?
(a) Everyone is happy to see him.
(b) The adults.
(d) The children.
2. What traditional rule has been already broken concerning Ali and Esi according to Opokuya?
(a) Esi is having sexual relations before marriage.
(b) Esi is wearing a ring.
(c) Fusena is pregnant and Esi is supposed to be there helping her.
(d) The first wife has to approve of subsequent wives.
3. What does Opokuya notice on Esi when she visits one day?
(a) A ring.
(b) A watch.
(c) A new pair of earrings.
(d) A new necklace.
4. What does Ali tell Esi is the reason he has to go by his office nightly?
(a) He has to check to see that the safe has been properly locked.
(b) He has to sign all the paperwork generated during the day.
(c) He has to check for messages from his son who is in the United States.
(d) He cannot tell her the reason.
5. What is the worst time of the year for Esi?
(a) Ali's birthday.
(b) The end of the year.
(c) Her birthday.
(d) The beginning of the school year when she does not have Ogyaanowa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esi realize about her job?
2. Why does Ali worry about support from his family for his second marriage?
3. What does Oko want to do after Kubi arrives?
4. When do Ali and Esi go to her family's village?
5. What is Opokuya thinking of doing before going to the hospital early the next morning?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)