|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ali feel guilty at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) For seducing Esi in the first place.
(b) For marrying Esi.
(c) For not spending New Year's Eve with Esi.
(d) For not letting Fusena divorce him.
2. In what shape does Kubi find Oko?
(a) He is happy that he did not kill Ali.
(b) He is despondent.
(c) He has a broken hand.
(d) He has a cut lip.
3. Who begins banging on Esi's door?
(c) No one.
4. About what does Esi laugh concerning the African male?
(a) His demands for propriety.
(b) His insolence.
(c) His insecurity.
(d) His jealousy.
5. What does Esi say when Kubi wants to check on Oko?
(a) She is happy he is going to do so.
(b) She wants him to take Ogyaanowa with him.
(c) She want to check on him herself.
(d) She objects.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks Ali's female relatives?
2. To what does Fusena agree?
3. What does Esi tell Ali when he visits after not doing so for weeks?
4. What does Esi tell Ali to do?
5. What does Ali think of as home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Opokuya feeling sorry for herself and what can she do about it?
2. Describe Kubi and Oko's interaction.
3. Describe Esi's conversation with Opokuya three months after ending her marriage with Ali.
4. What insecurities and fears does it bring up for Fusena when Ali mentions that his intended second wife has a university degree?
5. What happens that makes Fusena give her consent to Ali marrying Esi?
6. What do the older women think about Ali marrying Esi?
7. What does Ali propose to Esi and what is her response?
8. What is Esi's mother's hesitation about Esi marrying Ali and what does Esi think about this?
9. What does Opokuya wonder about Fusena, Ali's first wife?
10. Who arrives at Esi's house while Ali is still there and what happens?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)