|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Esi want to wait to wear Ali's gift?
(a) After the actual marriage.
(b) Until they to to visit her family.
(c) After the negotiations.
(d) Till her birthday.
2. Where does Ali take Esi halfway through the New Year?
(c) No where.
3. What is the worst time of the year for Esi?
(a) The end of the year.
(b) Her birthday.
(c) Ali's birthday.
(d) The beginning of the school year when she does not have Ogyaanowa.
4. About what does Esi laugh concerning the African male?
(a) His jealousy.
(b) His demands for propriety.
(c) His insolence.
(d) His insecurity.
5. To what does Fusena agree?
(a) To divorce Ali.
(b) All of Ali's relatives' suggestions.
(c) To at least meet Esi.
(d) To demand strong concessions from Ali.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ali continually do to Esi?
2. Why does Ali feel guilty at the beginning of Chapter 15?
3. What is one thing Esi's father asks Ali?
4. Against what does Ali advise Esi?
5. To which relatives does Ali finally talk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the older women think about Ali marrying Esi?
2. What does Ali buy Esi and what is her reaction?
3. What does Esi find out about Ali's secretary and what does she decide to do?
4. What is Esi's mother's hesitation about Esi marrying Ali and what does Esi think about this?
5. What surprises Esi about Ali when she is discussing his travels?
6. Give the main highlights of Opokuya and Esi's conversation.
7. Why would it have been different if Oko had taken a second wife?
8. What does Ali propose to Esi and what is her response?
9. What does Opokuya wonder about Fusena, Ali's first wife?
10. How does Esi finally make a break with Ali near the end of their third year of marriage?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)