|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens one day as Ali is pulling away from Esi's house?
(a) He smashes into Esi's car.
(b) He hits a bicyclist.
(c) He slumps over the wheel.
(d) Opokuya pulls in.
2. How is Esi's being at Opokuya a blessing for Opokuya?
(a) Ogyaanowa is there and Opokuya's oldest son is interested in her.
(b) Esi can talk to Opokuya's oldest daughter about gaining an educatioin.
(c) Esi can help cook.
(d) Esi can help Opokuya with a client.
3. Who is not pleased when Ali visits the Dakwa's on January 2nd?
(a) The children.
(b) The adults.
(c) Everyone is happy to see him.
4. For what does Esi feel guilty?
(a) sharing her doubts about Ali with Ogyaanowa.
(b) For not being more understanding of Ali.
(c) For sharing her doubts about Ali with Opokuya.
(d) For sharing her doubts about Ali with her mother.
5. Why does Esi feel rejected?
(a) Ali says he will not visit her for a while at her house.
(b) Ali does not want her to come to the home he shares with Fusena.
(c) Opokuya suggests it's time for Esi to go home.
(d) Ogyaanowa is happy to leave with her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Esi upset about Oko's mother concerning Ogyaanowa?
2. What does Ali give Esi?
3. What does Opokuya notice on Esi when she visits one day?
4. In what shape does Kubi find Oko?
5. After Bamako, how is Esi feeling about her marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Esi's mother's hesitation about Esi marrying Ali and what does Esi think about this?
2. What does Esi feel after leaving Opokuya's home?
3. What does Ali decide to do to assuage his guilt, but how does that only increase his guilt and Esi's shame?
4. What indication is there that Ali and Esi are starting to have difficulties in their relationship in Chapter 10?
5. What does Ali buy Esi and what is her reaction?
6. Give the main highlights of Opokuya and Esi's conversation.
7. Where does Esi go after dropping Ali off in her new car and what does she offer Opokuya?
8. What surprises Esi about Ali when she is discussing his travels?
9. How does Esi being there help Opokuya out of a dilemma and what does every advise Esi to do?
10. What does the conversation between Ama and Aba concern at the opening to the second part of Changes?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)