|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Esi want to wait to wear Ali's gift?
(a) Until they to to visit her family.
(b) After the negotiations.
(c) Till her birthday.
(d) After the actual marriage.
2. What is the worst time of the year for Esi?
(a) Ali's birthday.
(b) Her birthday.
(c) The end of the year.
(d) The beginning of the school year when she does not have Ogyaanowa.
3. What does Ali wonder about his ancestors?
(a) If New Year's Eve meant anything to them.
(b) How the men managed multiple wives.
(c) If they were happy.
(d) Why the men wanted multiple wives.
4. What does Ali give Esi for a New Year's present?
(a) A vacation to the United States.
(b) A gift certificate.
(c) A promise to spend more time with her.
(d) A car.
5. What does Mma. Danjuma know when she sees Esi?
(a) Esi is Fusena's inferior in every way.
(b) She will never warm to Esi.
(c) Esi is Fusena's superior in every way.
(d) She will be good friends with Esi.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Opokuya wonder concerning Esi and Fusena?
2. Why does Ali feel the gift is inappropriate?
3. What does Opokuya notice on Esi when she visits one day?
4. What does Ali say when Fusena asks if Esi is Muslim?
5. What does Esi say about monogamy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Esi finally make a break with Ali near the end of their third year of marriage?
2. Give the main highlights of Opokuya and Esi's conversation.
3. What happens after the trip to Bamako?
4. What does Esi's father ask Ali concerning his intentions to marry Esi, and what is Ali's response?
5. What happens that makes Fusena give her consent to Ali marrying Esi?
6. Where does Esi go after dropping Ali off in her new car and what does she offer Opokuya?
7. What is Esi's mother's hesitation about Esi marrying Ali and what does Esi think about this?
8. What does Esi feel after leaving Opokuya's home?
9. What does Ali propose to Esi and what is her response?
10. What indication is there that Ali and Esi are starting to have difficulties in their relationship in Chapter 10?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)