|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi tell Ali to do?
(a) Go home to his wife and children.
(b) Start seeing her every week or not at all.
(c) Divorce her.
(d) Choose between her and Fusena.
2. What does Esi notice in Ali's voice when she phones him?
(b) Impatience and tiredness.
3. What does Ali tell Esi is the reason he has to go by his office nightly?
(a) He has to check to see that the safe has been properly locked.
(b) He has to sign all the paperwork generated during the day.
(c) He cannot tell her the reason.
(d) He has to check for messages from his son who is in the United States.
4. To which relatives does Ali finally talk?
(a) He decides not to talk to any of his relatives.
(b) The ones in Nima.
(c) The ones he is most sure will be supportive.
(d) The most elderly.
5. What does Ali say when Esi demands to know why he's been gone so long?
(a) He says Fusena was ill.
(b) He says he was away on business and tried to call.
(c) He says his daughter was ill.
(d) He says his mother needed him back in the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esi tell Ali when he visits after not doing so for weeks?
2. What does Esi find unacceptable about Ali's new secretary?
3. When do Ali and Esi go to her family's village?
4. What does Esi ask Opokuya concerning Oko?
5. Why would Esi's mother have thought it alright for Oko to take another wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Esi's conversation with Opokuya three months after ending her marriage with Ali.
2. What does Ali decide to do to assuage his guilt, but how does that only increase his guilt and Esi's shame?
3. Describe Kubi and Oko's interaction.
4. What does the conversation between Ama and Aba concern at the opening to the second part of Changes?
5. How is Esi feeling after a year of marriage to Ali?
6. How does Esi being there help Opokuya out of a dilemma and what does every advise Esi to do?
7. What is Esi's mother's hesitation about Esi marrying Ali and what does Esi think about this?
8. What does Ali propose to Esi and what is her response?
9. What surprises Esi about Ali when she is discussing his travels?
10. Where does Esi go after dropping Ali off in her new car and what does she offer Opokuya?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)