|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mma. Danjuma know when she sees Esi?
(a) Esi is Fusena's inferior in every way.
(b) She will never warm to Esi.
(c) Esi is Fusena's superior in every way.
(d) She will be good friends with Esi.
2. Against what does Ali advise Esi?
(a) Letting Ogyaanowa go off with Oko right now.
(b) Pressing legal charges against Oko.
(c) Telling Esi's mother about the incident between Ali and Oko.
(d) Returning home for a few days.
3. What does Esi find unacceptable about Ali's new secretary?
(a) She does not acknowledge Esi as Ali's wife.
(b) She always sides with Fusena.
(c) She is single.
(d) Ali takes her to her home every day.
4. What does Ali continually do to Esi?
(a) Makes excuses about why he cannot visit her.
(b) Tells her he's coming and then not show up.
(c) Makes her feel like a second wife.
(d) Puts her down.
5. After Bamako, how is Esi feeling about her marriage?
(a) She is sorry she marries Ali.
(b) She is happy Ali is not around much.
(c) She is disappointed in Ali's family's reception of her.
(d) She feels more like Ali's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esi say when Kubi wants to check on Oko?
2. To what does Fusena agree?
3. What does Ali say when Esi asks him if he has talked to Fusena about Esi?
4. To what do Ali's relatives agree?
5. Why is Esi upset about Oko's mother concerning Ogyaanowa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who arrives at Esi's house while Ali is still there and what happens?
2. Why would it have been different if Oko had taken a second wife?
3. Where does Esi go after dropping Ali off in her new car and what does she offer Opokuya?
4. What does Kubi relate when he returns from Esi's home and what do they conclude?
5. For what does Ali apologize to his people and how does he rationalize his actions?
6. How is Ali conflicted on New Year's Eve?
7. What do the older women think about Ali marrying Esi?
8. Describe Kubi and Oko's interaction.
9. What does Ali buy Esi and what is her reaction?
10. What does Ali decide to do to assuage his guilt, but how does that only increase his guilt and Esi's shame?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)