|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Esi say her marriage fails?
(a) Oko resented her not being with him constantly.
(b) Oko was having an affair.
(c) Esi has never loved Oko.
(d) Oko wants a wife who wants more children.
2. Where do Ali and Fusena teach after graduation?
(a) College in Kumasi.
(b) Primary school in Tamale.
(c) High school in Accra.
(d) Primary school in Accra.
3. What does Oko still blame himself for over a year after Esi leaves him?
(a) Wanting to control Esi too much.
(b) Not listening more to Esi.
(c) He blames himself for nothing.
(d) Staying in bed too long on the morning he rapes Esi.
4. What does Esi decide to do while waiting for her friend to arrive?
(a) Have a beer.
(b) Call her daughter.
(c) Read the newspaper.
(d) Write up a proposal.
5. Who does Opokuya think has to be a fool in a marriage?
(a) No one.
(b) The role rotates between the woman and man.
(c) The woman.
(d) The man.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Opokuya say society has no patience?
2. Why is Ali going to be away from Fusena for a long time?
3. What does Esi end up doing when the secretary is away?
4. Upon what do Esi and Opokuya agree?
5. Why does Opokuya want the car today?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Ali and Fusena meet and eventually marry?
2. What are each person's reasons for wanting the car this particular morning?
3. How does Ali feel about his father and how is he different from his father?
4. What does Esi say is the cause of the failure of her marriage?
5. Why is Esi angry with herself?
6. What does Opokuya think Esi should have done differently in Esi's marriage; yet how does she acknowledge her advice is not fair?
7. What is Ali's educational background?
8. Why is Esi hesitant to tell Opokuya what Esi is going through?
9. How does Fusena end up in England with Ali?
10. What happens when Esi arrives at the offices of Linga Hideaways that dampens her anger?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)