|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi think about marrying again?
(a) She does not want a man oppressing her all the time.
(b) She would like to if for not other reason than for her daughter's sake.
(c) She doesn't really think about it yet.
(d) She would like to if the right man comes along.
2. What do Ali and Fusena insist upon before Ali leaves Ghana?
(a) That Ali accept a dowry to keep the arrangement.
(b) That Ali find a second wife before he leaves Ghana.
(c) That Fusena is pregnant.
(d) That Fusena join Ali within a couple months.
3. Where do Esi and Opokuya both live?
(c) They do not live in the same town.
4. For what does the narrator say Ali Kondey is an effective advertisement?
(a) Musa Hideaways.
(c) New Town.
(d) Linga Hideaways.
5. What does Esi tell the man she is doing?
(a) Checking on travel arrangements.
(b) Calling for a substitute secretary.
(c) Writing a government grant proposal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the understanding when Ogyaanowa goes to her grandmother's house?
2. Why is Ohyaanowa unhappy?
3. Why does Opokuya say Esi cannot have it all?
4. What did Opokuya decide early on in her marriage?
5. What does Esi decide to do while waiting for her friend to arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator say about Ali Kondey at the opening of this chapter.
2. What insecurities and fears does it bring up for Fusena when Ali mentions that his intended second wife has a university degree?
3. What are each person's reasons for wanting the car this particular morning?
4. How does Esi being there help Opokuya out of a dilemma and what does every advise Esi to do?
5. How is Ali conflicted on New Year's Eve?
6. How does Oko feel about the end of his marriage a year or so later?
7. Why is Opokuya feeling sorry for herself and what can she do about it?
8. How does Esi finally make a break with Ali near the end of their third year of marriage?
9. What is Ali's attitude towards Esi before she is divorced?
10. Why is Esi hesitant to tell Opokuya what Esi is going through?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)