|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do both Ali and Fusena have during their initial six years of friendship?
(a) An understanding that they will not ever marry.
(b) An agreement to marry someday.
(c) Multiple affairs.
(d) An agreement to be faithful to each other.
2. How does Kubi thing Opokuya should get to her clients?
(a) The hospital van.
(c) The bus.
(d) Have the client pick her up.
3. Why does Opokuya want the car today?
(a) To shop for school clothes for the children.
(b) To go to a meeting in a nearby town.
(c) To visit her grandmother.
(d) To visit Kubi's sister.
4. Who watches Esi dress with pleasure?
(a) No one.
(c) Esi herself in the mirror.
5. What does Ali do when he hears of Esi's divorce?
(a) Writes Oko a sympathy letter.
(b) Courts her.
(d) Divorces his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Esi and Opokuya still talking even though it's getting late?
2. What makes Opokuya and Esi's friendship hard to believe?
3. About what do Opokuya and Kubi argue every morning?
4. Whose company does Ali enjoy?
5. Where is Esi driving at the opening of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ali's father?
2. About what do Kubi and Opokuya argue most workday mornings?
3. Why is it important that Esi find a sympathetic ear in Opokuya?
4. How does Fusena feel when she becomes pregnant with her second child?
5. What does Oko do when he receives Esi's request for a divorce?
6. Why is Esi hesitant to tell Opokuya what Esi is going through?
7. What does Esi say that makes Opokuya feel concern for Esi?
8. How does Ali feel about his father and how is he different from his father?
9. Where does Ogyaanowa end up staying for the summer and then longer?
10. How does Oko feel about the end of his marriage a year or so later?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)