|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi confide to Opokuya?
(a) That she has left Oko.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she is changing jobs.
(d) That she is ill.
2. How does Kubi thing Opokuya should get to her clients?
(a) The hospital van.
(b) Have the client pick her up.
(c) The bus.
3. What happens when Musa Musa is twelve?
(a) He goes to boarding school.
(b) He loses a goat and disappears.
(c) He accidentally shoots his brother.
(d) He breaks his back.
4. To what does Fusena agree before Ali leaves Ghana?
(a) To wait for his return and not marry someone else.
(b) To write him every week.
(c) To go with him.
(d) To marry him.
5. Who watches Esi dress with pleasure?
(a) No one.
(d) Esi herself in the mirror.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Ali live away from his father?
2. What does Oko still blame himself for over a year after Esi leaves him?
3. What does Fusena not remember after having been away for two years?
4. What does Musa's father always do at any new place with Musa Musa?
5. For what does the narrator say Ali Kondey is an effective advertisement?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fusena feel when she becomes pregnant with her second child?
2. What does Opokuya say about single women in Ghana?
3. What is ironic about Esi's problems with Oko?
4. How does Ali feel about his father and how is he different from his father?
5. Why is it important that Esi find a sympathetic ear in Opokuya?
6. Who is Opokuya and what is her relationship to Esi?
7. What is Ali's educational background?
8. What happens when Esi arrives at the offices of Linga Hideaways that dampens her anger?
9. What does Oko do when he receives Esi's request for a divorce?
10. What happens that pushes Esi over the edge and makes her decide to leave Oko?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)