Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the understanding when Ogyaanowa goes to her grandmother's house?
(a) She will live there until Esi remarries.
(b) She will live there until her father remarries.
(c) She can return home any time.
(d) She will return home when school reopens.
2. What does Ali Kondey ask Esi?
(a) If he can call her the next week.
(b) If her friend is married to Kubi.
(c) If she is meeting her husband.
(d) If she was still working in the same job.
3. What does Esi say to Opokuya that makes Opokuya wonder what's wrong with Esi?
(a) That Oko is on a business trip again.
(b) That Esi is goint to visit her mother, which she never does.
(c) That Esi is going to visit her grandmother, which she never does.
(d) That at least Opokuya finds life a little worthwhile.
4. What is there little of between Oko and Esi lately?
5. What does Esi confide to Opokuya?
(a) That she is ill.
(b) That she has left Oko.
(c) That she is changing jobs.
(d) That she is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Opokuya and Esi's friendship hard to believe?
2. Why does Ali Kondey come into the hotel?
3. Why does Esi think her decision about Ogyaanowa suits Esi?
4. Why are Esi and Opokuya still talking even though it's getting late?
5. What happens soon after Ali is born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Esi arrives at the offices of Linga Hideaways that dampens her anger?
2. What happens after the trip to Bamako?
3. What does Opokuya say about single women in Ghana?
4. How does Esi finally make a break with Ali near the end of their third year of marriage?
5. What surprises Esi about Ali when she is discussing his travels?
6. Who is Opokuya and what is her relationship to Esi?
7. What is Ali's educational background?
8. How does Oko feel about the end of his marriage a year or so later?
9. How does Fusena feel when she becomes pregnant with her second child?
10. What happens that pushes Esi over the edge and makes her decide to leave Oko?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)