|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is there little of between Oko and Esi lately?
2. How long is Ali away from home before he returns?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 22 years.
(d) 10 years.
3. Who watches Esi dress with pleasure?
(b) Esi herself in the mirror.
(c) No one.
4. What does Ali see as a gift from Allah?
(a) The beautiful weather.
(b) Meeting Esi.
(c) His career.
(d) His wife and children.
5. About what is Oko embarrassed?
(a) That Ogyaanowa has no siblings.
(b) That he forced his wife to have sex.
(c) That Esi is seeing another man.
(d) That Esi left him for her career.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the narrator say Ali Kondey is an effective advertisement?
2. What do Ali and Fusena insist upon before Ali leaves Ghana?
3. Where do Esi and Opokuya both live?
4. How does Oko's mother act to Esi when Esi and Oko's marriage ends?
5. For how long has Opokuya been a midwife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Opokuya realize as she is riding home with Kubi?
2. Why is Esi angry with herself?
3. What is ironic about Esi's problems with Oko?
4. What is Ali's attitude towards Esi before she is divorced?
5. What are each person's reasons for wanting the car this particular morning?
6. What does Oko think as he watches Esi dress?
7. How do Ali and Fusena meet and eventually marry?
8. What does Esi say that makes Opokuya feel concern for Esi?
9. How does Fusena feel when she becomes pregnant with her second child?
10. What does the narrator say about Ali Kondey at the opening of this chapter.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)