|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who watches Esi dress with pleasure?
(c) No one.
(d) Esi herself in the mirror.
2. Where do Ali and Fusena teach after graduation?
(a) Primary school in Accra.
(b) College in Kumasi.
(c) Primary school in Tamale.
(d) High school in Accra.
3. What does Esi refuse from Ali Kondey?
(a) Editorial help.
(b) An offer to dinner.
(c) A ride home.
(d) Help typing.
4. What does Ali do when he hears of Esi's divorce?
(a) Courts her.
(c) Divorces his wife.
(d) Writes Oko a sympathy letter.
5. Where is Esi driving at the opening of the novel?
(a) To pick up her son at soccer meet.
(b) To the airport.
(c) To pick up her husband.
(d) Linga Hideaways.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Opokuya have?
2. Who greets Esi at Hotel Twentieth Century?
3. How long is Ali away from home before he returns?
4. What is the understanding when Ogyaanowa goes to her grandmother's house?
5. What do both Ali and Fusena have during their initial six years of friendship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Esi arrives at the offices of Linga Hideaways that dampens her anger?
2. Why is it important that Esi find a sympathetic ear in Opokuya?
3. Why is Esi hesitant to tell Opokuya what Esi is going through?
4. Why is Esi angry with herself?
5. What happens that pushes Esi over the edge and makes her decide to leave Oko?
6. What is ironic about Esi's problems with Oko?
7. What is Ali's attitude towards Esi before she is divorced?
8. What do both families insist happen before Ali leave for England?
9. What are each person's reasons for wanting the car this particular morning?
10. What does the narrator say about Ali Kondey at the opening of this chapter.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)