|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose company does Ali enjoy?
(a) His son.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His two older brothers.
(d) Interesting women.
2. What does Ali Kondey ask Esi?
(a) If she is meeting her husband.
(b) If she was still working in the same job.
(c) If her friend is married to Kubi.
(d) If he can call her the next week.
3. Who is Connie?
(a) Kubi's sister.
(b) Kubi's aunt.
(c) Opokuya's mother.
(d) Opokuya's sister.
4. What does Esi realize she has endured when she gets to her office?
(a) Too many years of silence from Oko.
(b) Sexism at work.
(c) Several pregnancies.
(d) Marital rape.
5. Who is Kubi?
(a) Opokuya's oldest son.
(b) A baby Opokuya has just delivered.
(c) The doctor who supervises Opokuya.
(d) Opokuya's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Opokuya say she is going to visit her mother?
2. What has Ali always trained himself not to do?
3. How does Oko's mother act to Esi when Esi and Oko's marriage ends?
4. Why is Ohyaanowa unhappy?
5. What type of woman does Ali prefer to date?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator say about Ali Kondey at the opening of this chapter.
2. What happens that pushes Esi over the edge and makes her decide to leave Oko?
3. What does Oko do when he receives Esi's request for a divorce?
4. What is Ali's attitude towards Esi before she is divorced?
5. What does Oko think as he watches Esi dress?
6. What does Esi say that makes Opokuya feel concern for Esi?
7. Who is Opokuya and what is her relationship to Esi?
8. What do both families insist happen before Ali leave for England?
9. Why is it important that Esi find a sympathetic ear in Opokuya?
10. How does Ali feel about his father and how is he different from his father?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)