|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi's grandmother say about feeling grateful to a man?
(a) It creates a trap which is hard to escape.
(b) It creates imbalance in a marriage.
(c) It degrades the woman.
(d) It's enough of a reason to marry him.
2. What makes Opokuya and Esi's friendship hard to believe?
(a) They are so different from each other.
(b) One is Muslim and one is Christian.
(c) One is Jewish and the other Muslim.
(d) They hated each other when they were children.
3. Who is Mma. Danjuma?
(a) Ali's wife.
(b) Ali's mother.
(c) Ali's sister.
(d) Ali's aunt.
4. For what does Kubi say he is late?
(a) He says he is not late.
(b) A budget meeting.
(c) A meeting with some clients.
(d) To pick up a co-worker.
5. What does Ali see as a gift from Allah?
(a) The beautiful weather.
(b) His wife and children.
(c) His career.
(d) Meeting Esi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Opokuya say she is going to visit her mother?
2. What is there little of between Oko and Esi lately?
3. Where do Esi and Opokuya both live?
4. Why is Ali going to be away from Fusena for a long time?
5. What type of woman does Ali prefer to date?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what does Ali apologize to his people and how does he rationalize his actions?
2. Describe Kubi and Oko's interaction.
3. Where does Esi go after dropping Ali off in her new car and what does she offer Opokuya?
4. Why is it important that Esi find a sympathetic ear in Opokuya?
5. What does the conversation between Ama and Aba concern at the opening to the second part of Changes?
6. What does Esi say that makes Opokuya feel concern for Esi?
7. How does Fusena feel when she becomes pregnant with her second child?
8. Why is Opokuya feeling sorry for herself and what can she do about it?
9. What indication is there that Ali and Esi are starting to have difficulties in their relationship in Chapter 10?
10. What is ironic about Esi's problems with Oko?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)