|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of woman does Ali prefer to date?
(a) Mature, sexually-experienced women.
(b) Young virgins.
(c) He prefers men.
(d) He has no preference.
2. Why does Ali Kondey come into the hotel?
(a) To meet his son.
(b) For a business meeting with a client.
(c) To find Esi.
(d) To meet his wife.
3. How does Esi find Oko's attentions?
4. Where does Opokuya live?
(a) On Sweet Waters Bay.
(b) On Sweet Breezes Hill.
(c) On Wakuna Hill Road.
(d) On Ocean Breeze Hill.
5. Why are Esi and Opokuya still talking even though it's getting late?
(a) They are waiting to have dinner with their husbands together.
(b) They are waiting for a taxi.
(c) They are waiting for Opokuya's daughter.
(d) Kubi has not yet arrived.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esi tell the man she is doing?
2. What does Oko buy thinking it will be good for Esi and Ogyaanowa?
3. What happens soon after Ali is born?
4. Who does Oko's mother leave at his house one day?
5. What does Esi say to Opokuya that makes Opokuya wonder what's wrong with Esi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ali's attitude towards Esi before she is divorced?
2. What is ironic about Esi's problems with Oko?
3. How does Oko feel about the end of his marriage a year or so later?
4. What does the narrator say about Ali Kondey at the opening of this chapter.
5. How does Fusena end up in England with Ali?
6. What does Opokuya think Esi should have done differently in Esi's marriage; yet how does she acknowledge her advice is not fair?
7. What happens when Esi arrives at the offices of Linga Hideaways that dampens her anger?
8. What are each person's reasons for wanting the car this particular morning?
9. What do both families insist happen before Ali leave for England?
10. About what do Kubi and Opokuya argue most workday mornings?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)