|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greets Esi at Hotel Twentieth Century?
2. For how long has Opokuya been a midwife?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) Several months.
3. What is the understanding when Ogyaanowa goes to her grandmother's house?
(a) She can return home any time.
(b) She will live there until her father remarries.
(c) She will live there until Esi remarries.
(d) She will return home when school reopens.
4. What is there little of between Oko and Esi lately?
5. Where does Ali earn a Master's degree?
(d) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ali always trained himself not to do?
2. Why does Opokuya say she is going to visit her mother?
3. Why does Esi think her decision about Ogyaanowa suits Esi?
4. Who is Musa Kondey?
5. Who does Oko's mother leave at his house one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the trip to Bamako?
2. How does Oko feel about the end of his marriage a year or so later?
3. What does Esi do at home to grieve?
4. What does Ali propose to Esi and what is her response?
5. What is Ali's attitude towards Esi before she is divorced?
6. What does Opokuya think Esi should have done differently in Esi's marriage; yet how does she acknowledge her advice is not fair?
7. What happens on the morning when Opokuya loses the use of the car and what happens this morning?
8. What indication is there that Ali and Esi are starting to have difficulties in their relationship in Chapter 10?
9. How does Fusena end up in England with Ali?
10. At the end of the book, what is Esi's marital status?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)