|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At whom is Esi angry?
(d) Her daughter.
2. For how long has Opokuya been a midwife?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) Several months.
3. How does Oko's mother act to Esi when Esi and Oko's marriage ends?
(b) As if she knew it would happen.
4. How does the man who offers to help Esi appear?
5. How long does Ali live away from his father?
(a) He's always lived with his father.
(b) His first eight years.
(c) His entire life.
(d) His first year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fusena ask Allah after Ali tells her his plans?
2. Who does Oko's mother leave at his house one day?
3. What does Esi do that surprises Oko's mother?
4. How does Ali feel about his father?
5. What does Musa's father always do at any new place with Musa Musa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give the main highlights of Opokuya and Esi's conversation.
2. What does Esi do at home to grieve?
3. What happens that pushes Esi over the edge and makes her decide to leave Oko?
4. Why is it important that Esi find a sympathetic ear in Opokuya?
5. What is ironic about Esi's problems with Oko?
6. What do both families insist happen before Ali leave for England?
7. Who is Ali's father?
8. About what do Kubi and Opokuya argue most workday mornings?
9. Why is Esi hesitant to tell Opokuya what Esi is going through?
10. How is Ali conflicted on New Year's Eve?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)