|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi decide to do while waiting for her friend to arrive?
(a) Have a beer.
(b) Write up a proposal.
(c) Call her daughter.
(d) Read the newspaper.
2. What happens soon after Ali is born?
(a) His grandmother dies.
(b) His mother dies.
(c) His father is killed.
(d) His sister dies.
3. What is there little of between Oko and Esi lately?
4. What kind of school does Mma. Danjuma want Ali to attend?
(a) Proper French school.
(b) A Koranic school.
(c) A boarding school.
(d) A Christian school.
5. Who is Musa Kondey?
(a) Ali's father.
(b) A rich, minor prince.
(c) A photographer.
(d) Ali's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Esi and Opokuya still talking even though it's getting late?
2. What has Ali always trained himself not to do?
3. For what does the narrator say Ali Kondey is an effective advertisement?
4. What type of woman does Ali prefer to date?
5. What did Opokuya decide early on in her marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are each person's reasons for wanting the car this particular morning?
2. What does Esi say is the cause of the failure of her marriage?
3. What is ironic about Esi's problems with Oko?
4. How does Oko feel about the end of his marriage a year or so later?
5. What happens when Esi arrives at the offices of Linga Hideaways that dampens her anger?
6. How does Fusena end up in England with Ali?
7. What happens that pushes Esi over the edge and makes her decide to leave Oko?
8. What does Opokuya think Esi should have done differently in Esi's marriage; yet how does she acknowledge her advice is not fair?
9. What do both families insist happen before Ali leave for England?
10. What does Opokuya realize as she is riding home with Kubi?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)