|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greets Esi at Hotel Twentieth Century?
2. For how long has Opokuya been a midwife?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) Several months.
3. What is the understanding when Ogyaanowa goes to her grandmother's house?
(a) She can return home any time.
(b) She will live there until her father remarries.
(c) She will live there until Esi remarries.
(d) She will return home when school reopens.
4. What is there little of between Oko and Esi lately?
5. Where does Ali earn a Master's degree?
(d) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ali always trained himself not to do?
2. Why does Opokuya say she is going to visit her mother?
3. Why does Esi think her decision about Ogyaanowa suits Esi?
4. Who is Musa Kondey?
5. Who does Oko's mother leave at his house one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fusena feel when she becomes pregnant with her second child?
2. What is Ali's educational background?
3. How does Oko feel about the end of his marriage a year or so later?
4. Why is it important that Esi find a sympathetic ear in Opokuya?
5. What does Oko do when he receives Esi's request for a divorce?
6. What happens on the morning when Opokuya loses the use of the car and what happens this morning?
7. What happens that pushes Esi over the edge and makes her decide to leave Oko?
8. What is Ali's attitude towards Esi before she is divorced?
9. What does the narrator say about Ali Kondey at the opening of this chapter.
10. What does Opokuya think Esi should have done differently in Esi's marriage; yet how does she acknowledge her advice is not fair?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)