|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi think about marrying again?
(a) She would like to if for not other reason than for her daughter's sake.
(b) She would like to if the right man comes along.
(c) She does not want a man oppressing her all the time.
(d) She doesn't really think about it yet.
2. Where does Ali earn a Master's degree?
(c) The United States.
3. What does Fusena ask Allah after Ali tells her his plans?
(a) To let Fusena die.
(b) To make the second wife someone Fusena will like.
(c) To smite Ali.
(d) What she is supposed to say or do.
4. What does Esi do that surprises Oko's mother?
(a) Sends her a note apologizing.
(b) Let Ogyaanowa to continue to live with Oko's mother.
(c) Sends her flowers.
(d) Does not let Ogyaanowa see Oko's mother anymore.
5. What has Ali always trained himself not to do?
(a) Be prepared for all contingencies.
(b) Get sexually attracted to a married woman.
(c) Have safe sex.
(d) Wake before the sun rises.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Opokuya say Esi cannot have it all?
2. What does Musa's father always do at any new place with Musa Musa?
3. Why is Ali going to be away from Fusena for a long time?
4. How does the man who offers to help Esi appear?
5. For what does the narrator say Ali Kondey is an effective advertisement?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what do Kubi and Opokuya argue most workday mornings?
2. What is Ali's educational background?
3. Who is Opokuya and what is her relationship to Esi?
4. What happens on the morning when Opokuya loses the use of the car and what happens this morning?
5. Who is Ali's father?
6. What do both families insist happen before Ali leave for England?
7. What is Ali's attitude towards Esi before she is divorced?
8. What are each person's reasons for wanting the car this particular morning?
9. How does Fusena end up in England with Ali?
10. What does Oko do when he receives Esi's request for a divorce?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)