|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi end up doing when the secretary is away?
(a) Secretarial work.
(b) Calling around for a replacement.
(c) Training a substitute.
(d) Typing her own proposals.
2. For what does the narrator say Ali Kondey is an effective advertisement?
(a) New Town.
(b) Musa Hideaways.
(c) Linga Hideaways.
3. Where do Ali and Fusena teach after graduation?
(a) Primary school in Tamale.
(b) High school in Accra.
(c) College in Kumasi.
(d) Primary school in Accra.
4. How long does Ali live away from his father?
(a) His first year.
(b) He's always lived with his father.
(c) His first eight years.
(d) His entire life.
5. What does Fusena start feeling upset in her marriage?
(a) Her husband has married two more wifes.
(b) Her husband is getting more education than she.
(c) She wants to stay home with the kids but has to work.
(d) She has not managed to get pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esi think about marrying again?
2. Who does Opokuya think has to be a fool in a marriage?
3. Where does Opokuya live?
4. What does Musa's father always do at any new place with Musa Musa?
5. Who watches Esi dress with pleasure?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Esi hesitant to tell Opokuya what Esi is going through?
2. How do Ali and Fusena meet and eventually marry?
3. What does Esi say is the cause of the failure of her marriage?
4. What is ironic about Esi's problems with Oko?
5. What is Ali's attitude towards Esi before she is divorced?
6. What does Opokuya realize as she is riding home with Kubi?
7. What happens that pushes Esi over the edge and makes her decide to leave Oko?
8. What does Esi say that makes Opokuya feel concern for Esi?
9. How does Ali feel about his father and how is he different from his father?
10. What are each person's reasons for wanting the car this particular morning?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)