|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the understanding when Ogyaanowa goes to her grandmother's house?
(a) She will return home when school reopens.
(b) She will live there until her father remarries.
(c) She can return home any time.
(d) She will live there until Esi remarries.
2. About what do Opokuya and Kubi argue every morning?
(a) What trade Kubi will take up.
(b) The use of the car.
(c) Whether Kubi should take a government job.
(d) Whether Opokuya should give up midwifery.
3. How does Esi find Oko's attentions?
4. What does Esi end up doing when the secretary is away?
(a) Secretarial work.
(b) Calling around for a replacement.
(c) Training a substitute.
(d) Typing her own proposals.
5. What does Fusena ask Allah after Ali tells her his plans?
(a) To make the second wife someone Fusena will like.
(b) To smite Ali.
(c) What she is supposed to say or do.
(d) To let Fusena die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esi tell the man she is doing?
2. What happens when Musa Musa is twelve?
3. What does Esi refuse from Ali Kondey?
4. What does Ali see as a gift from Allah?
5. Who is Mma. Danjuma?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fusena feel when she becomes pregnant with her second child?
2. What does Opokuya realize as she is riding home with Kubi?
3. Why is Esi angry with herself?
4. What does Esi say that makes Opokuya feel concern for Esi?
5. What does Opokuya think Esi should have done differently in Esi's marriage; yet how does she acknowledge her advice is not fair?
6. Where does Ogyaanowa end up staying for the summer and then longer?
7. How does Ali feel about his father and how is he different from his father?
8. What happens when Esi arrives at the offices of Linga Hideaways that dampens her anger?
9. How does Fusena end up in England with Ali?
10. Who is Ali's father?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)