|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oko buy thinking it will be good for Esi and Ogyaanowa?
(a) A large apartment in Accra.
(b) A new car.
(c) A boat.
(d) A bungalow in the country.
2. For how long has Opokuya been a midwife?
(a) 30 years.
(b) Several months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 15 years.
3. What do Ali and Fusena insist upon before Ali leaves Ghana?
(a) That Ali find a second wife before he leaves Ghana.
(b) That Fusena is pregnant.
(c) That Fusena join Ali within a couple months.
(d) That Ali accept a dowry to keep the arrangement.
4. What doesn't Esi worry about concerning Ali?
(b) His other wife.
(c) That his job takes him places.
(d) His comings and goings.
5. Where is Esi driving at the opening of the novel?
(a) To pick up her husband.
(b) To the airport.
(c) Linga Hideaways.
(d) To pick up her son at soccer meet.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Kubi say he is late?
2. Upon what do Esi and Opokuya agree?
3. Why does Esi think her decision about Ogyaanowa suits Esi?
4. What does Esi think about marrying again?
5. Who does Opokuya think has to be a fool in a marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Ali and Fusena meet and eventually marry?
2. What does Esi say is the cause of the failure of her marriage?
3. What does Oko think as he watches Esi dress?
4. How does Oko feel about the end of his marriage a year or so later?
5. How does Fusena end up in England with Ali?
6. How does Ali feel about his father and how is he different from his father?
7. What does Opokuya realize as she is riding home with Kubi?
8. What is Ali's educational background?
9. Why is it important that Esi find a sympathetic ear in Opokuya?
10. Who is Opokuya and what is her relationship to Esi?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)