|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Ali live away from his father?
(a) His entire life.
(b) He's always lived with his father.
(c) His first year.
(d) His first eight years.
2. What does Esi refuse from Ali Kondey?
(a) A ride home.
(b) An offer to dinner.
(c) Editorial help.
(d) Help typing.
3. What does Ali tell Fusena he is thinking of doing?
(a) Moving to France.
(b) Taking a second wife.
(c) Divorcing her.
(d) Moving to England.
4. What does Oko want?
(a) For Esi to give him another chance.
(b) For Esi not to work at all.
(c) For Esi to carry the child to term.
(d) To take Esi to specialists in France.
5. What happens soon after Ali is born?
(a) His sister dies.
(b) His grandmother dies.
(c) His mother dies.
(d) His father is killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Oko's mother leave at his house one day?
2. Why does Opokuya say Esi cannot have it all?
3. What doesn't Esi worry about concerning Ali?
4. About what do Opokuya and Kubi argue every morning?
5. Who do the two women think the best husband is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ali's educational background?
2. Where does Ogyaanowa end up staying for the summer and then longer?
3. Who is Ali's father?
4. What is Ali's attitude towards Esi before she is divorced?
5. What does Oko do when he receives Esi's request for a divorce?
6. Why is Esi hesitant to tell Opokuya what Esi is going through?
7. What happens that pushes Esi over the edge and makes her decide to leave Oko?
8. What does Esi say is the cause of the failure of her marriage?
9. What do both families insist happen before Ali leave for England?
10. What is ironic about Esi's problems with Oko?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)