|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi refuse from Ali Kondey?
(a) An offer to dinner.
(b) A ride home.
(c) Help typing.
(d) Editorial help.
2. Where does Opokuya live?
(a) On Sweet Waters Bay.
(b) On Sweet Breezes Hill.
(c) On Wakuna Hill Road.
(d) On Ocean Breeze Hill.
3. What does Oko want?
(a) To take Esi to specialists in France.
(b) For Esi not to work at all.
(c) For Esi to carry the child to term.
(d) For Esi to give him another chance.
4. Why does Esi think her decision about Ogyaanowa suits Esi?
(a) She thinks it will be a way to make Oko feel better about the divorce.
(b) She thinks it will be good for Ogyaanowa to get to know her father's mother.
(c) She thinks it will make her mother-in-law feel better towards Esi.
(d) She does not want Ohyaanowa to see her bringing home Ali.
5. What makes Opokuya and Esi's friendship hard to believe?
(a) One is Jewish and the other Muslim.
(b) They are so different from each other.
(c) They hated each other when they were children.
(d) One is Muslim and one is Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Opokuya want the car today?
2. Who greets Esi at Hotel Twentieth Century?
3. For what does the narrator say Ali Kondey is an effective advertisement?
4. How does Ali feel about his father?
5. Where does Opokuya say she will meet Kubi at 5:30 p.m.?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fusena feel when she becomes pregnant with her second child?
2. What happens when Esi arrives at the offices of Linga Hideaways that dampens her anger?
3. How does Oko feel about the end of his marriage a year or so later?
4. Who is Opokuya and what is her relationship to Esi?
5. Why is it important that Esi find a sympathetic ear in Opokuya?
6. What does Opokuya say about single women in Ghana?
7. What is Ali's educational background?
8. What do both families insist happen before Ali leave for England?
9. How do Ali and Fusena meet and eventually marry?
10. What is Ali's attitude towards Esi before she is divorced?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)