|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens two months after negotiations of the Kondeys and Al-Hassans?
(a) Ali signs a contract to marry Fusena when he returns.
(b) Ali and Fusena decide they do not want to marry.
(c) Ali and Fusena marry.
(d) Fusena agrees to wait until Ali returns before deciding about marriage.
2. Who does Opokuya think has to be a fool in a marriage?
(a) The man.
(b) The role rotates between the woman and man.
(c) No one.
(d) The woman.
3. For how long has Opokuya been a midwife?
(a) Several months.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 30 years.
4. For what does the narrator say Ali Kondey is an effective advertisement?
(b) Musa Hideaways.
(c) Linga Hideaways.
(d) New Town.
5. What does Esi realize she has endured when she gets to her office?
(a) Several pregnancies.
(b) Sexism at work.
(c) Marital rape.
(d) Too many years of silence from Oko.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Opokuya and Kubi argue every morning?
2. How does Esi find Oko's attentions?
3. How does Oko's family feel about Esi?
4. Upon what do Esi and Opokuya agree?
5. What does Esi refuse from Ali Kondey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ali's educational background?
2. Why is it important that Esi find a sympathetic ear in Opokuya?
3. What happens on the morning when Opokuya loses the use of the car and what happens this morning?
4. What is ironic about Esi's problems with Oko?
5. Where does Ogyaanowa end up staying for the summer and then longer?
6. What happens that pushes Esi over the edge and makes her decide to leave Oko?
7. Why is Esi hesitant to tell Opokuya what Esi is going through?
8. What happens when Esi arrives at the offices of Linga Hideaways that dampens her anger?
9. About what do Kubi and Opokuya argue most workday mornings?
10. Who is Ali's father?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)