|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ali do when he hears of Esi's divorce?
(b) Courts her.
(c) Writes Oko a sympathy letter.
(d) Divorces his wife.
2. How does Ali feel about his father?
(a) Ali loves him.
(b) Ali never met him.
(c) Ali thinks he is too old fashioned.
(d) Ali is afraid of him.
3. Who is Kubi?
(a) Opokuya's oldest son.
(b) A baby Opokuya has just delivered.
(c) The doctor who supervises Opokuya.
(d) Opokuya's husband.
4. What does Esi say to Opokuya that makes Opokuya wonder what's wrong with Esi?
(a) That Esi is going to visit her grandmother, which she never does.
(b) That Oko is on a business trip again.
(c) That at least Opokuya finds life a little worthwhile.
(d) That Esi is goint to visit her mother, which she never does.
5. At whom is Esi angry?
(a) Her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man who offers to help Esi appear?
2. Where is Ogyaanowa staying until school starts?.
3. What does Ali see as a gift from Allah?
4. What was a major reason Oko was first attracted to Esi?
5. For how long has Opokuya been a midwife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that pushes Esi over the edge and makes her decide to leave Oko?
2. What does the narrator say about Ali Kondey at the opening of this chapter.
3. How does Fusena feel when she becomes pregnant with her second child?
4. What does Oko think as he watches Esi dress?
5. Why is Esi angry with herself?
6. Why is Esi hesitant to tell Opokuya what Esi is going through?
7. Who is Opokuya and what is her relationship to Esi?
8. What do both families insist happen before Ali leave for England?
9. Who is Ali's father?
10. What does Opokuya think Esi should have done differently in Esi's marriage; yet how does she acknowledge her advice is not fair?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)