|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens soon after Ali is born?
(a) His sister dies.
(b) His father is killed.
(c) His mother dies.
(d) His grandmother dies.
2. Who is Kubi?
(a) Opokuya's husband.
(b) The doctor who supervises Opokuya.
(c) Opokuya's oldest son.
(d) A baby Opokuya has just delivered.
3. How does Oko's mother act to Esi when Esi and Oko's marriage ends?
(a) As if she knew it would happen.
4. What type of woman does Ali prefer to date?
(a) Mature, sexually-experienced women.
(b) Young virgins.
(c) He prefers men.
(d) He has no preference.
5. How does Esi find Oko's attentions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ali Kondey come into the hotel?
2. Where does Ali earn a Master's degree?
3. Where do Ali and Fusena teach after graduation?
4. Who does Opokuya think has to be a fool in a marriage?
5. About what do Opokuya and Kubi argue every morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oko feel about the end of his marriage a year or so later?
2. What does Opokuya realize as she is riding home with Kubi?
3. What happens that pushes Esi over the edge and makes her decide to leave Oko?
4. What does Esi say is the cause of the failure of her marriage?
5. How does Fusena feel when she becomes pregnant with her second child?
6. What does Esi say that makes Opokuya feel concern for Esi?
7. What happens on the morning when Opokuya loses the use of the car and what happens this morning?
8. What are each person's reasons for wanting the car this particular morning?
9. Why is Esi angry with herself?
10. What does Opokuya say about single women in Ghana?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)