|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ali and Fusena teach after graduation?
(a) Primary school in Tamale.
(b) High school in Accra.
(c) Primary school in Accra.
(d) College in Kumasi.
2. What is there little of between Oko and Esi lately?
3. How does Kubi thing Opokuya should get to her clients?
(a) The hospital van.
(b) The bus.
(d) Have the client pick her up.
4. What does Esi's grandmother say about feeling grateful to a man?
(a) It creates imbalance in a marriage.
(b) It degrades the woman.
(c) It's enough of a reason to marry him.
(d) It creates a trap which is hard to escape.
5. How does the man who offers to help Esi appear?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the two women think the best husband is?
2. What type of woman does Ali prefer to date?
3. Upon what do Esi and Opokuya agree?
4. Where did Ali and Fusena go to school together?
5. Who greets Esi at Hotel Twentieth Century?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oko do when he receives Esi's request for a divorce?
2. What is Ali's educational background?
3. Who is Opokuya and what is her relationship to Esi?
4. What does the narrator say about Ali Kondey at the opening of this chapter.
5. How does Fusena end up in England with Ali?
6. How does Ali feel about his father and how is he different from his father?
7. Where does Ogyaanowa end up staying for the summer and then longer?
8. What do both families insist happen before Ali leave for England?
9. What happens on the morning when Opokuya loses the use of the car and what happens this morning?
10. How does Oko feel about the end of his marriage a year or so later?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)