|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocks Ali's female relatives?
(a) That Esi will not live with Ali and Fusena.
(b) That Esi is not Muslim.
(c) That their educated daughters are not any better off than they were.
(d) That Fusena is divorcing Ali.
2. What happens when Opokuya's two eldest children are left in charge of cooking for the holiday?
(a) It does not go well.
(b) They refuse to do much.
(c) They constantly interrupt Opokuya with questions.
(d) They cook an incredible amount of delicious food.
3. What does Ali bring Esi?
(a) Extravagant gifts.
(b) A writ of divorce.
(c) A request from Fusena that Esi divorce Ali.
(d) A request from Fusena that Esi move in with them.
4. Who begins banging on Esi's door?
(a) No one.
5. What does Mma. Danjuma know when she sees Esi?
(a) She will never warm to Esi.
(b) Esi is Fusena's inferior in every way.
(c) Esi is Fusena's superior in every way.
(d) She will be good friends with Esi.
6. How does Opokuya correct Esi about her view on monogamy?
(a) She says it is for the husband's benefit more than the wife.
(b) She says she thinks Esi means marriage, not mongamy.
(c) She says monogamy is not the issue.
(d) She says it is for the wife's benefit more than the husband.
7. What does Ali ponder about New Year's Eve?
(a) If he should divorce Esi before she gets pregnant.
(b) Whether more than one wife is wise.
(c) If he should allow Fusena the divorce she wants.
(d) Which wife he will make love to.
8. Why is Opokuya happy for Esi?
(a) Because of Esi's new car.
(b) Because Ali is seeing her more.
(c) Because Esi is pregnant.
(d) Because Esi has a new job.
9. Where does Ali's family live?
(a) Mostly in France.
(b) Mostly in England.
(c) Mostly in South Africa.
(d) Up North.
10. What does Ali continually do to Esi?
(a) Puts her down.
(b) Makes excuses about why he cannot visit her.
(c) Makes her feel like a second wife.
(d) Tells her he's coming and then not show up.
11. What surprises Ali and Esi after they have made love?
(a) They both want Fusena to be happy.
(b) They are still so passionate about each other.
(c) There is a knock on the door.
(d) They feel so fused yet are so different.
12. Why is Esi upset about Oko's mother concerning Ogyaanowa?
(a) Oko's mother says unkind things about Esi to Ogyaanowa.
(b) Oko's mother is sending Ogyaanowa to boarding school in France.
(c) Oko's mother is already arranging a marriage for Ogyaanowa.
(d) Oko's mother will not allow Ogyaanowa to visit for the holidays.
13. What does Ali seem like the type of man to Esi?
(a) One who does not believe in tradition.
(b) One who does not need someone.
(c) One who is rigidly traditional.
(d) One who is absolutely honest.
14. What does Esi say about Fusena?
(a) She is harsh and rigid.
(b) She is kind.
(c) She hasn't even met her.
(d) She is unhappy in her marriage and is glad Esi is alleviating some of Ali's sexual energy.
15. In what shape does Kubi find Oko?
(a) He is happy that he did not kill Ali.
(b) He is despondent.
(c) He has a broken hand.
(d) He has a cut lip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ali feel guilty at the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. Why does Fusena sometimes call Ali at Esi's house?
3. What does Ali's father want Ali to do when meeting Esi's family?
4. After Bamako, how is Esi feeling about her marriage?
5. What are Ama and Aba doing at the opening of this section?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)