|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ali bring Esi?
(a) A request from Fusena that Esi move in with them.
(b) Extravagant gifts.
(c) A writ of divorce.
(d) A request from Fusena that Esi divorce Ali.
2. What happens one day as Ali is pulling away from Esi's house?
(a) He slumps over the wheel.
(b) Opokuya pulls in.
(c) He hits a bicyclist.
(d) He smashes into Esi's car.
3. What does Esi wonder about concerning children?
(a) She wonders if children would strengthen or weaken her marriage with Ali.
(b) She wonders if Ali will allow her to have children.
(c) How they will have any if Ali is never there.
(d) She wonders if Ali is going to make her have children.
4. What does Ali's father want Ali to do when meeting Esi's family?
(a) Take a reliable person that Ali's father can then talk with.
(b) Find out if they have a solid dowry to offer.
(c) Show them his net worth.
(d) Show them his ancestry.
5. What does Ali continually do to Esi?
(a) Puts her down.
(b) Makes excuses about why he cannot visit her.
(c) Makes her feel like a second wife.
(d) Tells her he's coming and then not show up.
6. What is Opokuya thinking of doing before going to the hospital early the next morning?
(b) Taking a leisurely bath.
(c) Going over to Esi's house.
(d) Sleeping late.
7. Why is Esi feeling free and content?
(a) She is seeing Ali regularly.
(b) Her marriage hopes have been fulfilled.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has been promoted.
8. What does Mma. Danjuma know when she sees Esi?
(a) Esi is Fusena's superior in every way.
(b) She will never warm to Esi.
(c) She will be good friends with Esi.
(d) Esi is Fusena's inferior in every way.
9. What does Ali give Esi?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) A gold ring.
(c) A pair of diamond earrings.
(d) A gold watch.
10. How is Esi's being at Opokuya a blessing for Opokuya?
(a) Esi can help cook.
(b) Ogyaanowa is there and Opokuya's oldest son is interested in her.
(c) Esi can help Opokuya with a client.
(d) Esi can talk to Opokuya's oldest daughter about gaining an educatioin.
11. What does Ali wonder about his ancestors?
(a) How the men managed multiple wives.
(b) If they were happy.
(c) Why the men wanted multiple wives.
(d) If New Year's Eve meant anything to them.
12. What does Oko want to do after Kubi arrives?
(a) Go to Kubi's house to get Ogyaanowa.
(b) Go to his mother's home.
(c) Go apologize to Ali.
(d) Go apologize to Esi.
13. What does Opokuya ask of Esi?
(a) To sell her Esi's old car.
(b) To babysit for her.
(c) To come with her to Opokuya's mother's house.
(d) To take her to downtown.
14. What does Esi say about Fusena?
(a) She hasn't even met her.
(b) She is kind.
(c) She is harsh and rigid.
(d) She is unhappy in her marriage and is glad Esi is alleviating some of Ali's sexual energy.
15. What does Esi say her mother does not like about Esi and Ali's possible marriage?
(a) Esi getting pregnant anymore since the first pregnancy almost kills her.
(b) Esi being a second wife.
(c) Esi living in a different town from Ali.
(d) Esi keeping her job.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what do Ali's relatives agree?
2. What does Esi tell Ali to do?
3. Why is Opokuya happy for Esi?
4. Where does Kubi and two nephews go?
5. What traditional rule has been already broken concerning Ali and Esi according to Opokuya?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)