|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ali continually do to Esi?
(a) Makes her feel like a second wife.
(b) Tells her he's coming and then not show up.
(c) Makes excuses about why he cannot visit her.
(d) Puts her down.
2. What does Esi say when Kubi wants to check on Oko?
(a) She wants him to take Ogyaanowa with him.
(b) She is happy he is going to do so.
(c) She objects.
(d) She want to check on him herself.
3. Why does Ali worry about support from his family for his second marriage?
(a) They all adore Fusena.
(b) They believe Esi comes from a much lower social class.
(c) They think Esi is too old to have more children.
(d) They think Esi is too educated.
4. Where does Ali take Esi halfway through the New Year?
(b) No where.
5. To what do Ali's relatives agree?
(a) To stay out of Ali's life.
(b) Nothing since Ali has not talked to them.
(c) To talk Fusena into the marriage.
(d) To go to Esi's people.
6. Why does Esi feel rejected?
(a) Opokuya suggests it's time for Esi to go home.
(b) Ali says he will not visit her for a while at her house.
(c) Ali does not want her to come to the home he shares with Fusena.
(d) Ogyaanowa is happy to leave with her father.
7. What does Esi notice in Ali's voice when she phones him?
(a) Impatience and tiredness.
8. Against what does Ali advise Esi?
(a) Returning home for a few days.
(b) Telling Esi's mother about the incident between Ali and Oko.
(c) Pressing legal charges against Oko.
(d) Letting Ogyaanowa go off with Oko right now.
9. What does Ali ponder about New Year's Eve?
(a) Whether more than one wife is wise.
(b) Which wife he will make love to.
(c) If he should allow Fusena the divorce she wants.
(d) If he should divorce Esi before she gets pregnant.
10. From where did Ali receive an urgent message?
(a) His office in Abidjan.
(b) His office in London.
(c) His mother.
(d) His mother-in-law.
11. What does Ali's father want Ali to do when meeting Esi's family?
(a) Show them his ancestry.
(b) Take a reliable person that Ali's father can then talk with.
(c) Show them his net worth.
(d) Find out if they have a solid dowry to offer.
12. What are Ama and Aba doing at the opening of this section?
(a) Talking about Ali.
(b) Preparing for Oko's wedding.
(c) Preparing for Esi's wedding.
(d) Discussing why men leave women.
13. What does Esi do when she hears Ogyaanowa cry?
(a) Takes Ogyaanowa to her grandmother's home.
(b) Shames Oko and Ali into behaving.
(c) Comes out of the bedroom and takes Ogyaanowa and drives off.
(d) Tells her to go outside.
14. What does Ali tell Esi is the reason he has to go by his office nightly?
(a) He has to sign all the paperwork generated during the day.
(b) He cannot tell her the reason.
(c) He has to check to see that the safe has been properly locked.
(d) He has to check for messages from his son who is in the United States.
15. In what shape does Kubi find Oko?
(a) He has a broken hand.
(b) He is despondent.
(c) He has a cut lip.
(d) He is happy that he did not kill Ali.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks Ali's female relatives?
2. About what does Opokuya wonder concerning Esi and Fusena?
3. What does Kubi point out to Oko?
4. What happens one day as Ali is pulling away from Esi's house?
5. Who begins banging on Esi's door?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)