|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Esi want to wait to wear Ali's gift?
(a) After the negotiations.
(b) Until they to to visit her family.
(c) After the actual marriage.
(d) Till her birthday.
2. Why is Opokuya happy for Esi?
(a) Because of Esi's new car.
(b) Because Esi is pregnant.
(c) Because Ali is seeing her more.
(d) Because Esi has a new job.
3. Why is Esi feeling free and content?
(a) Her marriage hopes have been fulfilled.
(b) She has been promoted.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is seeing Ali regularly.
4. What does Esi say when Kubi wants to check on Oko?
(a) She want to check on him herself.
(b) She objects.
(c) She is happy he is going to do so.
(d) She wants him to take Ogyaanowa with him.
5. Why would Esi's mother have thought it alright for Oko to take another wife?
(a) Esi would have been the senior wife.
(b) The other wife could bear all the children.
(c) Her mother was opposed to Oko taking another wife also.
(d) Oko wouldn't then rape Esi if she did not want sex.
6. What does Ali say when Esi demands to know why he's been gone so long?
(a) He says Fusena was ill.
(b) He says his daughter was ill.
(c) He says he was away on business and tried to call.
(d) He says his mother needed him back in the country.
7. What does Ali say when Fusena asks if Esi is Muslim?
(b) She will learn about Islam and allow her children to be raised Muslim but she will not convert.
(d) She is willing to convert.
8. In what shape does Kubi find Oko?
(a) He is happy that he did not kill Ali.
(b) He has a broken hand.
(c) He has a cut lip.
(d) He is despondent.
9. Why does Opokuya say Esi is brave?
(a) For divorcing in the first place.
(b) For defying her mother.
(c) For not running back to Oko.
(d) For trying an alternative lifestyle.
10. How does Opokuya correct Esi about her view on monogamy?
(a) She says she thinks Esi means marriage, not mongamy.
(b) She says it is for the wife's benefit more than the husband.
(c) She says monogamy is not the issue.
(d) She says it is for the husband's benefit more than the wife.
11. Where does Kubi and two nephews go?
(a) To Esi's home.
(b) To get more potatoes.
(c) To get more beans.
(d) To watch t.v. at a neighbor's house.
12. What is Esi eventually feeling?
(b) Lonely and missing Ali.
(d) Gracious towards Fusena.
13. What is one thing Esi's father asks Ali?
(a) If Ali expects children from Esi.
(b) If Ali can afford two wives.
(c) If his first wife knows of Ali's desire to marry Esi.
(d) If Ali has been faithful to his first wife except with Esi.
14. What does Esi wonder about concerning children?
(a) She wonders if children would strengthen or weaken her marriage with Ali.
(b) She wonders if Ali is going to make her have children.
(c) She wonders if Ali will allow her to have children.
(d) How they will have any if Ali is never there.
15. What does Esi not want to remember?
(a) That she has not seen Ogyaanowa for three months.
(b) That Ali can have more than two wives.
(c) That she was ungrateful to Ali when he brought the car.
(d) That she has not seen Ali for weeks until he brings her the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What traditional rule has been already broken concerning Ali and Esi according to Opokuya?
2. What does Ali say when Esi asks him if he has talked to Fusena about Esi?
3. What does Esi ask Opokuya concerning Oko?
4. What does Ali bring Esi?
5. What does Esi say her mother thinks concerning marrying Ali?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)