|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Opokuya happy for Esi?
(a) Because Esi is pregnant.
(b) Because of Esi's new car.
(c) Because Ali is seeing her more.
(d) Because Esi has a new job.
2. In what shape does Kubi find Oko?
(a) He is despondent.
(b) He is happy that he did not kill Ali.
(c) He has a cut lip.
(d) He has a broken hand.
3. What does Ali give Esi?
(a) A pair of diamond earrings.
(b) A gold watch.
(c) A diamond necklace.
(d) A gold ring.
4. For what does Esi feel guilty?
(a) For not being more understanding of Ali.
(b) sharing her doubts about Ali with Ogyaanowa.
(c) For sharing her doubts about Ali with her mother.
(d) For sharing her doubts about Ali with Opokuya.
5. What does Ali do traditionally on New Year's Eve?
(a) Spends it in London.
(c) Spends it with his father.
(d) Spends it with Fusena and their children.
6. What does Esi say her mother thinks concerning marrying Ali?
(a) He is wonderful and will be a good husband.
(b) Esi deserves better than sharing a man.
(c) He is out of Esi's social class and his family will not accept her.
(d) He is hiding something and Esi will not learn until after marriage.
7. What is the worst time of the year for Esi?
(a) The beginning of the school year when she does not have Ogyaanowa.
(b) Her birthday.
(c) The end of the year.
(d) Ali's birthday.
8. What does Esi wonder about concerning children?
(a) She wonders if children would strengthen or weaken her marriage with Ali.
(b) She wonders if Ali will allow her to have children.
(c) She wonders if Ali is going to make her have children.
(d) How they will have any if Ali is never there.
9. What does Kubi point out to Oko?
(a) That he was right morally.
(b) That Esi has made her own choices.
(c) That he was in the wrong legally.
(d) That Ali was in the wrong legally.
10. Why does Ali feel guilty at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) For not spending New Year's Eve with Esi.
(b) For marrying Esi.
(c) For not letting Fusena divorce him.
(d) For seducing Esi in the first place.
11. How is Esi's being at Opokuya a blessing for Opokuya?
(a) Esi can help Opokuya with a client.
(b) Ogyaanowa is there and Opokuya's oldest son is interested in her.
(c) Esi can help cook.
(d) Esi can talk to Opokuya's oldest daughter about gaining an educatioin.
12. To what do Ali's relatives agree?
(a) Nothing since Ali has not talked to them.
(b) To go to Esi's people.
(c) To stay out of Ali's life.
(d) To talk Fusena into the marriage.
13. What is Esi eventually feeling?
(a) Lonely and missing Ali.
(c) Gracious towards Fusena.
14. What does Esi tell Ali when he visits after not doing so for weeks?
(a) They do not have a marriage.
(b) That she misses him.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she wants to live with him and Fusena.
15. What does Esi say when Kubi wants to check on Oko?
(a) She is happy he is going to do so.
(b) She wants him to take Ogyaanowa with him.
(c) She objects.
(d) She want to check on him herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ali give Esi for a New Year's present?
2. What does Ali say when Fusena asks if Esi is Muslim?
3. From where did Ali receive an urgent message?
4. What does Esi realize about her job?
5. Who calls Esi at the Dakwas?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)