|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not pleased when Ali visits the Dakwa's on January 2nd?
(a) Everyone is happy to see him.
(b) The children.
(c) The adults.
2. What does Ali ponder about New Year's Eve?
(a) Which wife he will make love to.
(b) Whether more than one wife is wise.
(c) If he should divorce Esi before she gets pregnant.
(d) If he should allow Fusena the divorce she wants.
3. When does Esi want to wait to wear Ali's gift?
(a) After the negotiations.
(b) After the actual marriage.
(c) Until they to to visit her family.
(d) Till her birthday.
4. To which relatives does Ali finally talk?
(a) The ones he is most sure will be supportive.
(b) The most elderly.
(c) He decides not to talk to any of his relatives.
(d) The ones in Nima.
5. Against what does Ali advise Esi?
(a) Letting Ogyaanowa go off with Oko right now.
(b) Returning home for a few days.
(c) Pressing legal charges against Oko.
(d) Telling Esi's mother about the incident between Ali and Oko.
6. What does Esi realize about her job?
(a) It has endless possibilities.
(b) She likes it.
(c) She hates it.
(d) It is a dead end.
7. Where does Ali's family live?
(a) Mostly in France.
(b) Mostly in South Africa.
(c) Mostly in England.
(d) Up North.
8. Who calls Esi at the Dakwas?
(a) Esi's mother.
9. For what does Esi feel guilty?
(a) For sharing her doubts about Ali with her mother.
(b) For not being more understanding of Ali.
(c) sharing her doubts about Ali with Ogyaanowa.
(d) For sharing her doubts about Ali with Opokuya.
10. What happens when Opokuya drives off with Esi's old car?
(a) Esi cries.
(b) Esi worries it will break down.
(d) Esi runs out after her.
11. What wakes Esi from a deep sleep on New Year's Day?
(a) A horn from a car.
(b) A phone call from Ogyaanowa.
(c) A phone call from Ali.
(d) A phone call from Oko.
12. What does Esi tell Ali when he visits after not doing so for weeks?
(a) They do not have a marriage.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she misses him.
(d) That she wants to live with him and Fusena.
13. What does Esi propose she and Ali do as far as her family?
(a) Let them know about the marriage after the fact.
(b) Ignore their misgivings.
(c) Pretend Esi is not involved with Ali.
(d) Go visit them.
14. Why does Ali worry about support from his family for his second marriage?
(a) They believe Esi comes from a much lower social class.
(b) They think Esi is too old to have more children.
(c) They think Esi is too educated.
(d) They all adore Fusena.
15. What is one thing Esi's father asks Ali?
(a) If Ali has been faithful to his first wife except with Esi.
(b) If Ali expects children from Esi.
(c) If his first wife knows of Ali's desire to marry Esi.
(d) If Ali can afford two wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esi see through Ali's gifts?
2. What does Esi do after she drops Ali off at Hotel Twentieth Century?
3. What is Opokuya thinking of doing before going to the hospital early the next morning?
4. What are Ama and Aba doing at the opening of this section?
5. What does Ali wonder about his ancestors?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)