|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mma. Danjuma know when she sees Esi?
(a) Esi is Fusena's superior in every way.
(b) She will never warm to Esi.
(c) Esi is Fusena's inferior in every way.
(d) She will be good friends with Esi.
2. What does Opokuya notice on Esi when she visits one day?
(a) A new pair of earrings.
(b) A watch.
(c) A ring.
(d) A new necklace.
3. What does Esi wonder about concerning children?
(a) She wonders if Ali is going to make her have children.
(b) She wonders if Ali will allow her to have children.
(c) She wonders if children would strengthen or weaken her marriage with Ali.
(d) How they will have any if Ali is never there.
4. What does Ali say when Fusena asks if Esi is Muslim?
(b) She is willing to convert.
(c) She will learn about Islam and allow her children to be raised Muslim but she will not convert.
5. About what does Opokuya wonder concerning Esi and Fusena?
(a) If Fusena would continue to have all the children.
(b) Whether they could become friends.
(c) If Esi would rebel against Fusena's demands as senior wife.
(d) If Esi would be willing to live in a household with another wife.
6. To what does Fusena agree?
(a) All of Ali's relatives' suggestions.
(b) To at least meet Esi.
(c) To demand strong concessions from Ali.
(d) To divorce Ali.
7. What is Esi eventually feeling?
(a) Gracious towards Fusena.
(b) Lonely and missing Ali.
8. What does Ali do traditionally on New Year's Eve?
(a) Spends it with Fusena and their children.
(b) Spends it with his father.
(c) Spends it in London.
9. How is Esi's being at Opokuya a blessing for Opokuya?
(a) Esi can help Opokuya with a client.
(b) Esi can talk to Opokuya's oldest daughter about gaining an educatioin.
(c) Esi can help cook.
(d) Ogyaanowa is there and Opokuya's oldest son is interested in her.
10. What happens when Opokuya drives off with Esi's old car?
(a) Esi cries.
(c) Esi runs out after her.
(d) Esi worries it will break down.
11. What does Esi notice in Ali's voice when she phones him?
(b) Impatience and tiredness.
12. What does Esi tell Ali to do?
(a) Go home to his wife and children.
(b) Start seeing her every week or not at all.
(c) Choose between her and Fusena.
(d) Divorce her.
13. Who begins banging on Esi's door?
(d) No one.
14. Who calls Esi at the Dakwas?
(c) Esi's mother.
15. Why would Esi's mother have thought it alright for Oko to take another wife?
(a) Esi would have been the senior wife.
(b) Oko wouldn't then rape Esi if she did not want sex.
(c) Her mother was opposed to Oko taking another wife also.
(d) The other wife could bear all the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Ama and Aba doing at the opening of this section?
2. Why is Esi upset about Oko's mother concerning Ogyaanowa?
3. What does Esi see through Ali's gifts?
4. From where did Ali receive an urgent message?
5. What does Opokuya ask of Esi?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)