|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi see through Ali's gifts?
(a) Another kind, caring side to Ali.
(b) The world.
(c) That he wants to please her but cannot.
(d) His inadequacies as a husband.
2. Who begins banging on Esi's door?
(a) No one.
3. Where does Ali take Esi halfway through the New Year?
(b) No where.
4. Why does Fusena sometimes call Ali at Esi's house?
(a) If he is late getting home.
(b) To ask his advice about their son.
(c) To give him a message from his mother.
(d) To ask him to bring home groceries.
5. What does Ali do traditionally on New Year's Eve?
(a) Spends it with his father.
(b) Spends it with Fusena and their children.
(d) Spends it in London.
6. When does Esi get really angry at Ali?
(a) Near the end of their third year of marriage.
(b) Near the end of their second year of marriage.
(c) After he says he is marrying his secretary.
(d) After he says he cannot visit her there anymore.
7. What does Ali give Esi?
(a) A gold ring.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) A pair of diamond earrings.
(d) A gold watch.
8. After Bamako, how is Esi feeling about her marriage?
(a) She is disappointed in Ali's family's reception of her.
(b) She is happy Ali is not around much.
(c) She is sorry she marries Ali.
(d) She feels more like Ali's wife.
9. Where does Kubi and two nephews go?
(a) To watch t.v. at a neighbor's house.
(b) To Esi's home.
(c) To get more beans.
(d) To get more potatoes.
10. What surprises Ali and Esi after they have made love?
(a) There is a knock on the door.
(b) They both want Fusena to be happy.
(c) They feel so fused yet are so different.
(d) They are still so passionate about each other.
11. What does Esi say when Kubi wants to check on Oko?
(a) She want to check on him herself.
(b) She objects.
(c) She wants him to take Ogyaanowa with him.
(d) She is happy he is going to do so.
12. What is Esi eventually feeling?
(b) Lonely and missing Ali.
(d) Gracious towards Fusena.
13. What does Esi do when she hears Ogyaanowa cry?
(a) Tells her to go outside.
(b) Takes Ogyaanowa to her grandmother's home.
(c) Shames Oko and Ali into behaving.
(d) Comes out of the bedroom and takes Ogyaanowa and drives off.
14. What does Mma. Danjuma know when she sees Esi?
(a) She will never warm to Esi.
(b) She will be good friends with Esi.
(c) Esi is Fusena's superior in every way.
(d) Esi is Fusena's inferior in every way.
15. What does Esi notice in Ali's voice when she phones him?
(d) Impatience and tiredness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Opokuya ask of Esi?
2. What does Esi propose she and Ali do as far as her family?
3. What wakes Esi from a deep sleep on New Year's Day?
4. What happens one day as Ali is pulling away from Esi's house?
5. What does Opokuya notice on Esi when she visits one day?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)