|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens one day as Ali is pulling away from Esi's house?
(a) He slumps over the wheel.
(b) He hits a bicyclist.
(c) Opokuya pulls in.
(d) He smashes into Esi's car.
2. What does Ali do but is unable to keep up?
(a) Travel less often.
(b) Calling Esi every night.
(c) Visit Esi more frequently.
(d) Not take his secretary to her home.
3. What does Esi not want to remember?
(a) That she has not seen Ogyaanowa for three months.
(b) That she was ungrateful to Ali when he brought the car.
(c) That she has not seen Ali for weeks until he brings her the car.
(d) That Ali can have more than two wives.
4. About what does Esi laugh concerning the African male?
(a) His insecurity.
(b) His jealousy.
(c) His insolence.
(d) His demands for propriety.
5. Where does Ali take Esi halfway through the New Year?
(c) No where.
6. When does Esi get really angry at Ali?
(a) After he says he cannot visit her there anymore.
(b) Near the end of their second year of marriage.
(c) After he says he is marrying his secretary.
(d) Near the end of their third year of marriage.
7. What does Ali give Esi?
(a) A gold ring.
(b) A gold watch.
(c) A pair of diamond earrings.
(d) A diamond necklace.
8. What surprises Ali and Esi after they have made love?
(a) They are still so passionate about each other.
(b) They both want Fusena to be happy.
(c) They feel so fused yet are so different.
(d) There is a knock on the door.
9. For what does Esi feel guilty?
(a) For sharing her doubts about Ali with her mother.
(b) sharing her doubts about Ali with Ogyaanowa.
(c) For sharing her doubts about Ali with Opokuya.
(d) For not being more understanding of Ali.
10. About what does Opokuya wonder concerning Esi and Fusena?
(a) Whether they could become friends.
(b) If Esi would be willing to live in a household with another wife.
(c) If Esi would rebel against Fusena's demands as senior wife.
(d) If Fusena would continue to have all the children.
11. Why does Ali feel the gift is inappropriate?
(a) It indicates their relationship has changed.
(b) She does feel it is an appropriate gift.
(c) It is way too expensive.
(d) She will be his second wife.
12. What does Esi say her mother thinks concerning marrying Ali?
(a) He is out of Esi's social class and his family will not accept her.
(b) He is wonderful and will be a good husband.
(c) Esi deserves better than sharing a man.
(d) He is hiding something and Esi will not learn until after marriage.
13. Why does Fusena sometimes call Ali at Esi's house?
(a) If he is late getting home.
(b) To give him a message from his mother.
(c) To ask his advice about their son.
(d) To ask him to bring home groceries.
14. What does Opokuya notice on Esi when she visits one day?
(a) A ring.
(b) A new necklace.
(c) A new pair of earrings.
(d) A watch.
15. What does Opokuya ask of Esi?
(a) To babysit for her.
(b) To take her to downtown.
(c) To sell her Esi's old car.
(d) To come with her to Opokuya's mother's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the worst time of the year for Esi?
2. From where did Ali receive an urgent message?
3. What does Ali say when Fusena asks if Esi is Muslim?
4. When does Esi want to wait to wear Ali's gift?
5. What does Esi do after she drops Ali off at Hotel Twentieth Century?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)