|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ali say when Fusena asks if Esi is Muslim?
(b) She is willing to convert.
(d) She will learn about Islam and allow her children to be raised Muslim but she will not convert.
2. What does Esi tell Ali when he visits after not doing so for weeks?
(a) They do not have a marriage.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she misses him.
(d) That she wants to live with him and Fusena.
3. What happens one day as Ali is pulling away from Esi's house?
(a) He hits a bicyclist.
(b) He slumps over the wheel.
(c) He smashes into Esi's car.
(d) Opokuya pulls in.
4. What does Ali wonder about his ancestors?
(a) How the men managed multiple wives.
(b) Why the men wanted multiple wives.
(c) If they were happy.
(d) If New Year's Eve meant anything to them.
5. Where does Ali take Esi halfway through the New Year?
(d) No where.
6. What happens when Opokuya's two eldest children are left in charge of cooking for the holiday?
(a) They constantly interrupt Opokuya with questions.
(b) They refuse to do much.
(c) They cook an incredible amount of delicious food.
(d) It does not go well.
7. Why is Esi feeling free and content?
(a) Her marriage hopes have been fulfilled.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is seeing Ali regularly.
(d) She has been promoted.
8. From where did Ali receive an urgent message?
(a) His mother.
(b) His office in Abidjan.
(c) His mother-in-law.
(d) His office in London.
9. What is the other think Esi's father asks Ali?
(a) If Ali can afford more than 2 wives.
(b) Why he thinks he needs two wives.
(c) If Ali plans to have more than two wives.
(d) Why he has brought an employee and not family to meet with Esi's family.
10. In what shape does Kubi find Oko?
(a) He has a cut lip.
(b) He has a broken hand.
(c) He is despondent.
(d) He is happy that he did not kill Ali.
11. What does Ali give Esi?
(a) A gold ring.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) A gold watch.
(d) A pair of diamond earrings.
12. About what does Opokuya wonder concerning Esi and Fusena?
(a) If Esi would rebel against Fusena's demands as senior wife.
(b) If Esi would be willing to live in a household with another wife.
(c) Whether they could become friends.
(d) If Fusena would continue to have all the children.
13. When does Esi want to wait to wear Ali's gift?
(a) After the negotiations.
(b) Till her birthday.
(c) After the actual marriage.
(d) Until they to to visit her family.
14. After Bamako, how is Esi feeling about her marriage?
(a) She is happy Ali is not around much.
(b) She feels more like Ali's wife.
(c) She is sorry she marries Ali.
(d) She is disappointed in Ali's family's reception of her.
15. Why is Opokuya happy for Esi?
(a) Because Ali is seeing her more.
(b) Because Esi has a new job.
(c) Because Esi is pregnant.
(d) Because of Esi's new car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esi notice in Ali's voice when she phones him?
2. What does Fusena realize when Ali's female relatives visit her?
3. To what do Ali's relatives agree?
4. What is Esi eventually feeling?
5. About what does Esi laugh concerning the African male?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)