|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi say when Kubi wants to check on Oko?
(a) She is happy he is going to do so.
(b) She want to check on him herself.
(c) She objects.
(d) She wants him to take Ogyaanowa with him.
2. What does Ali's father want Ali to do when meeting Esi's family?
(a) Find out if they have a solid dowry to offer.
(b) Show them his net worth.
(c) Show them his ancestry.
(d) Take a reliable person that Ali's father can then talk with.
3. What does Esi say about monogamy?
(a) It is stifling.
(b) It is old fashioned.
(c) It is honorable.
(d) It is good if there are children.
4. Why is Esi feeling free and content?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is seeing Ali regularly.
(c) Her marriage hopes have been fulfilled.
(d) She has been promoted.
5. What does Ali say when Fusena asks if Esi is Muslim?
(a) She will learn about Islam and allow her children to be raised Muslim but she will not convert.
(c) She is willing to convert.
6. What does Ali think of as home?
(a) His office.
(b) No where.
(c) His house with Fusena.
(d) His childhood home with his aunt.
7. What wakes Esi from a deep sleep on New Year's Day?
(a) A phone call from Ali.
(b) A phone call from Oko.
(c) A phone call from Ogyaanowa.
(d) A horn from a car.
8. For what does Esi feel guilty?
(a) For sharing her doubts about Ali with her mother.
(b) For sharing her doubts about Ali with Opokuya.
(c) sharing her doubts about Ali with Ogyaanowa.
(d) For not being more understanding of Ali.
9. What does Musa Musa do after Ali mollifies him?
(a) Takes him to see his new goat herd.
(b) Openly flirts with Esi.
(c) Gives him a wedding gift.
(d) Welcomes Esi into the family.
10. From where did Ali receive an urgent message?
(a) His mother.
(b) His mother-in-law.
(c) His office in London.
(d) His office in Abidjan.
11. Why does Opokuya say Esi is brave?
(a) For trying an alternative lifestyle.
(b) For divorcing in the first place.
(c) For not running back to Oko.
(d) For defying her mother.
12. What does Ali continually do to Esi?
(a) Makes her feel like a second wife.
(b) Puts her down.
(c) Makes excuses about why he cannot visit her.
(d) Tells her he's coming and then not show up.
13. What does Esi notice in Ali's voice when she phones him?
(c) Impatience and tiredness.
14. What does Esi say her mother does not like about Esi and Ali's possible marriage?
(a) Esi living in a different town from Ali.
(b) Esi getting pregnant anymore since the first pregnancy almost kills her.
(c) Esi keeping her job.
(d) Esi being a second wife.
15. What traditional rule has been already broken concerning Ali and Esi according to Opokuya?
(a) Fusena is pregnant and Esi is supposed to be there helping her.
(b) Esi is having sexual relations before marriage.
(c) Esi is wearing a ring.
(d) The first wife has to approve of subsequent wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Opokuya drives off with Esi's old car?
2. What does Esi ask Opokuya concerning Oko?
3. What does Esi say her mother thinks concerning marrying Ali?
4. What does Esi wonder about concerning children?
5. In what shape does Kubi find Oko?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)