|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Esi at the Dakwas?
(d) Esi's mother.
2. What does Esi notice in Ali's voice when she phones him?
(d) Impatience and tiredness.
3. Where does Ali take Esi halfway through the New Year?
(c) No where.
4. Why does Ali feel guilty at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) For not letting Fusena divorce him.
(b) For not spending New Year's Eve with Esi.
(c) For marrying Esi.
(d) For seducing Esi in the first place.
5. What does Esi find unacceptable about Ali's new secretary?
(a) Ali takes her to her home every day.
(b) She does not acknowledge Esi as Ali's wife.
(c) She always sides with Fusena.
(d) She is single.
6. What does Musa Musa do after Ali mollifies him?
(a) Gives him a wedding gift.
(b) Takes him to see his new goat herd.
(c) Openly flirts with Esi.
(d) Welcomes Esi into the family.
7. What is the other think Esi's father asks Ali?
(a) If Ali plans to have more than two wives.
(b) Why he has brought an employee and not family to meet with Esi's family.
(c) If Ali can afford more than 2 wives.
(d) Why he thinks he needs two wives.
8. What does Esi say about monogamy?
(a) It is old fashioned.
(b) It is good if there are children.
(c) It is stifling.
(d) It is honorable.
9. What does Ali say when Esi demands to know why he's been gone so long?
(a) He says his mother needed him back in the country.
(b) He says he was away on business and tried to call.
(c) He says his daughter was ill.
(d) He says Fusena was ill.
10. After Bamako, how is Esi feeling about her marriage?
(a) She is happy Ali is not around much.
(b) She is disappointed in Ali's family's reception of her.
(c) She feels more like Ali's wife.
(d) She is sorry she marries Ali.
11. What wakes Esi from a deep sleep on New Year's Day?
(a) A phone call from Ali.
(b) A phone call from Oko.
(c) A phone call from Ogyaanowa.
(d) A horn from a car.
12. What happens when Opokuya drives off with Esi's old car?
(b) Esi runs out after her.
(c) Esi cries.
(d) Esi worries it will break down.
13. About what does Opokuya wonder concerning Esi and Fusena?
(a) If Esi would be willing to live in a household with another wife.
(b) If Esi would rebel against Fusena's demands as senior wife.
(c) Whether they could become friends.
(d) If Fusena would continue to have all the children.
14. In what shape does Kubi find Oko?
(a) He is happy that he did not kill Ali.
(b) He has a broken hand.
(c) He has a cut lip.
(d) He is despondent.
15. What does Esi say about Fusena?
(a) She hasn't even met her.
(b) She is harsh and rigid.
(c) She is unhappy in her marriage and is glad Esi is alleviating some of Ali's sexual energy.
(d) She is kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esi say when Kubi wants to check on Oko?
2. What does Oko want to do after Kubi arrives?
3. What does Fusena realize when Ali's female relatives visit her?
4. Where does Ali's family live?
5. Why would Esi's mother have thought it alright for Oko to take another wife?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)