|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Opokuya happy for Esi?
(a) Because Ali is seeing her more.
(b) Because Esi has a new job.
(c) Because of Esi's new car.
(d) Because Esi is pregnant.
2. What does Ali give Esi?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) A gold ring.
(c) A pair of diamond earrings.
(d) A gold watch.
3. What does Ali seem like the type of man to Esi?
(a) One who is absolutely honest.
(b) One who does not need someone.
(c) One who does not believe in tradition.
(d) One who is rigidly traditional.
4. What does Esi wonder about concerning children?
(a) How they will have any if Ali is never there.
(b) She wonders if Ali is going to make her have children.
(c) She wonders if Ali will allow her to have children.
(d) She wonders if children would strengthen or weaken her marriage with Ali.
5. What does Ali say when Esi asks him if he has talked to Fusena about Esi?
(a) That Fusena was happy to be forewarned.
(b) That Fusena wants a divorce.
(c) That Fusena would welcome another wife.
(d) That Fusena does not want to share Ali.
6. What wakes Esi from a deep sleep on New Year's Day?
(a) A phone call from Oko.
(b) A horn from a car.
(c) A phone call from Ali.
(d) A phone call from Ogyaanowa.
7. After Bamako, how is Esi feeling about her marriage?
(a) She is happy Ali is not around much.
(b) She is disappointed in Ali's family's reception of her.
(c) She is sorry she marries Ali.
(d) She feels more like Ali's wife.
8. What happens when Opokuya drives off with Esi's old car?
(a) Esi runs out after her.
(b) Esi worries it will break down.
(d) Esi cries.
9. What happens one day as Ali is pulling away from Esi's house?
(a) He smashes into Esi's car.
(b) He hits a bicyclist.
(c) Opokuya pulls in.
(d) He slumps over the wheel.
10. Where does Ali's family live?
(a) Mostly in England.
(b) Mostly in South Africa.
(c) Mostly in France.
(d) Up North.
11. What does Esi tell Ali when he visits after not doing so for weeks?
(a) That she wants to live with him and Fusena.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she misses him.
(d) They do not have a marriage.
12. What does Ali do traditionally on New Year's Eve?
(a) Spends it with his father.
(c) Spends it in London.
(d) Spends it with Fusena and their children.
13. What does Ali do but is unable to keep up?
(a) Visit Esi more frequently.
(b) Travel less often.
(c) Not take his secretary to her home.
(d) Calling Esi every night.
14. Where does Ali take Esi halfway through the New Year?
(b) No where.
15. What does Ali continually do to Esi?
(a) Makes her feel like a second wife.
(b) Puts her down.
(c) Makes excuses about why he cannot visit her.
(d) Tells her he's coming and then not show up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esi find unacceptable about Ali's new secretary?
2. Why is Esi upset about Oko's mother concerning Ogyaanowa?
3. What does Musa Musa do after Ali mollifies him?
4. Why does Ali feel the gift is inappropriate?
5. Who is not pleased when Ali visits the Dakwa's on January 2nd?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)