|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi ask Opokuya concerning Oko?
(a) If Opokuya thinks Esi should have stayed married to Oko.
(b) If Oko seems to miss her.
(c) If Oko has remarried.
(d) If Oko is well.
2. What does Esi not want to remember?
(a) That Ali can have more than two wives.
(b) That she has not seen Ogyaanowa for three months.
(c) That she has not seen Ali for weeks until he brings her the car.
(d) That she was ungrateful to Ali when he brought the car.
3. What does Ali give Esi?
(a) A gold watch.
(b) A gold ring.
(c) A diamond necklace.
(d) A pair of diamond earrings.
4. What does Esi wonder about concerning children?
(a) She wonders if Ali is going to make her have children.
(b) She wonders if Ali will allow her to have children.
(c) She wonders if children would strengthen or weaken her marriage with Ali.
(d) How they will have any if Ali is never there.
5. What shocks Ali's female relatives?
(a) That Fusena is divorcing Ali.
(b) That Esi is not Muslim.
(c) That Esi will not live with Ali and Fusena.
(d) That their educated daughters are not any better off than they were.
6. What does Ali continually do to Esi?
(a) Makes her feel like a second wife.
(b) Tells her he's coming and then not show up.
(c) Puts her down.
(d) Makes excuses about why he cannot visit her.
7. What does Opokuya notice on Esi when she visits one day?
(a) A ring.
(b) A new pair of earrings.
(c) A watch.
(d) A new necklace.
8. When does Esi want to wait to wear Ali's gift?
(a) Until they to to visit her family.
(b) After the negotiations.
(c) Till her birthday.
(d) After the actual marriage.
9. Where does Ali take Esi halfway through the New Year?
(c) No where.
10. What is one thing Esi's father asks Ali?
(a) If his first wife knows of Ali's desire to marry Esi.
(b) If Ali can afford two wives.
(c) If Ali expects children from Esi.
(d) If Ali has been faithful to his first wife except with Esi.
11. What does Esi do after she drops Ali off at Hotel Twentieth Century?
(a) Goes to pick up Ogyaanowa.
(b) Drives to visit her mother.
(c) Goes to visit Opokuya.
(d) Drives out to the country.
12. To what does Fusena agree?
(a) To at least meet Esi.
(b) To divorce Ali.
(c) To demand strong concessions from Ali.
(d) All of Ali's relatives' suggestions.
13. What is Opokuya thinking of doing before going to the hospital early the next morning?
(b) Going over to Esi's house.
(c) Sleeping late.
(d) Taking a leisurely bath.
14. What does Esi notice in Ali's voice when she phones him?
(a) Impatience and tiredness.
15. Where does Kubi and two nephews go?
(a) To get more beans.
(b) To Esi's home.
(c) To watch t.v. at a neighbor's house.
(d) To get more potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ali say when Fusena asks if Esi is Muslim?
2. What does Esi tell Ali when he visits after not doing so for weeks?
3. About what does Esi laugh concerning the African male?
4. What does Fusena realize when Ali's female relatives visit her?
5. Against what does Ali advise Esi?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)