|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fusena realize when Ali's female relatives visit her?
(a) That they do not want Ali to marry again.
(b) That they want her to divorce Ali.
(c) That they have been unable to dissuade Ali from marriage to Esi.
(d) That they are betraying her.
2. What is Opokuya thinking of doing before going to the hospital early the next morning?
(a) Taking a leisurely bath.
(b) Going over to Esi's house.
(c) Sleeping late.
3. What does Ali say when Esi asks him if he has talked to Fusena about Esi?
(a) That Fusena would welcome another wife.
(b) That Fusena wants a divorce.
(c) That Fusena was happy to be forewarned.
(d) That Fusena does not want to share Ali.
4. Against what does Ali advise Esi?
(a) Telling Esi's mother about the incident between Ali and Oko.
(b) Letting Ogyaanowa go off with Oko right now.
(c) Returning home for a few days.
(d) Pressing legal charges against Oko.
5. What does Esi say her mother thinks concerning marrying Ali?
(a) Esi deserves better than sharing a man.
(b) He is hiding something and Esi will not learn until after marriage.
(c) He is wonderful and will be a good husband.
(d) He is out of Esi's social class and his family will not accept her.
6. Why does Fusena sometimes call Ali at Esi's house?
(a) If he is late getting home.
(b) To ask his advice about their son.
(c) To ask him to bring home groceries.
(d) To give him a message from his mother.
7. Who begins banging on Esi's door?
(b) No one.
8. What does Mma. Danjuma know when she sees Esi?
(a) She will be good friends with Esi.
(b) Esi is Fusena's inferior in every way.
(c) Esi is Fusena's superior in every way.
(d) She will never warm to Esi.
9. From where did Ali receive an urgent message?
(a) His mother.
(b) His office in Abidjan.
(c) His office in London.
(d) His mother-in-law.
10. Who calls Esi at the Dakwas?
(b) Esi's mother.
11. What happens when Opokuya's two eldest children are left in charge of cooking for the holiday?
(a) They constantly interrupt Opokuya with questions.
(b) They refuse to do much.
(c) It does not go well.
(d) They cook an incredible amount of delicious food.
12. What does Esi propose she and Ali do as far as her family?
(a) Ignore their misgivings.
(b) Let them know about the marriage after the fact.
(c) Go visit them.
(d) Pretend Esi is not involved with Ali.
13. Where does Ali's family live?
(a) Mostly in South Africa.
(b) Up North.
(c) Mostly in France.
(d) Mostly in England.
14. What does Esi do after she drops Ali off at Hotel Twentieth Century?
(a) Goes to visit Opokuya.
(b) Drives to visit her mother.
(c) Goes to pick up Ogyaanowa.
(d) Drives out to the country.
15. Why does Ali worry about support from his family for his second marriage?
(a) They believe Esi comes from a much lower social class.
(b) They all adore Fusena.
(c) They think Esi is too educated.
(d) They think Esi is too old to have more children.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Opokuya wonder concerning Esi and Fusena?
2. To what does Fusena agree?
3. What does Kweku say when he knocks on Opokuya's bedroom door?
4. What does Ali tell Esi is the reason he has to go by his office nightly?
5. What does Esi realize about her job?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)