|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Opokuya notice on Esi when she visits one day?
(a) A ring.
(b) A new pair of earrings.
(c) A watch.
(d) A new necklace.
2. What does Ali say when Fusena asks if Esi is Muslim?
(a) She will learn about Islam and allow her children to be raised Muslim but she will not convert.
(d) She is willing to convert.
3. What does Ali bring Esi?
(a) A writ of divorce.
(b) Extravagant gifts.
(c) A request from Fusena that Esi divorce Ali.
(d) A request from Fusena that Esi move in with them.
4. Why does Fusena sometimes call Ali at Esi's house?
(a) To give him a message from his mother.
(b) To ask his advice about their son.
(c) If he is late getting home.
(d) To ask him to bring home groceries.
5. What does Esi ask Opokuya concerning Oko?
(a) If Opokuya thinks Esi should have stayed married to Oko.
(b) If Oko has remarried.
(c) If Oko is well.
(d) If Oko seems to miss her.
6. What does Ali give Esi for a New Year's present?
(a) A gift certificate.
(b) A car.
(c) A promise to spend more time with her.
(d) A vacation to the United States.
7. What does Ali think of as home?
(a) No where.
(b) His house with Fusena.
(c) His childhood home with his aunt.
(d) His office.
8. What does Ali say when Esi asks him if he has talked to Fusena about Esi?
(a) That Fusena was happy to be forewarned.
(b) That Fusena would welcome another wife.
(c) That Fusena does not want to share Ali.
(d) That Fusena wants a divorce.
9. When do Ali and Esi go to her family's village?
10. What traditional rule has been already broken concerning Ali and Esi according to Opokuya?
(a) Fusena is pregnant and Esi is supposed to be there helping her.
(b) Esi is wearing a ring.
(c) The first wife has to approve of subsequent wives.
(d) Esi is having sexual relations before marriage.
11. Why is Opokuya happy for Esi?
(a) Because of Esi's new car.
(b) Because Ali is seeing her more.
(c) Because Esi has a new job.
(d) Because Esi is pregnant.
12. Who is not pleased when Ali visits the Dakwa's on January 2nd?
(a) The children.
(c) Everyone is happy to see him.
(d) The adults.
13. What are Ama and Aba doing at the opening of this section?
(a) Preparing for Oko's wedding.
(b) Discussing why men leave women.
(c) Preparing for Esi's wedding.
(d) Talking about Ali.
14. What does Esi find unacceptable about Ali's new secretary?
(a) Ali takes her to her home every day.
(b) She does not acknowledge Esi as Ali's wife.
(c) She always sides with Fusena.
(d) She is single.
15. What happens when Opokuya drives off with Esi's old car?
(a) Esi runs out after her.
(b) Esi cries.
(d) Esi worries it will break down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esi notice in Ali's voice when she phones him?
2. In what shape does Kubi find Oko?
3. What does Esi see through Ali's gifts?
4. What does Ali's father want Ali to do when meeting Esi's family?
5. When does Esi get really angry at Ali?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)