Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi do after she drops Ali off at Hotel Twentieth Century?
(a) Goes to pick up Ogyaanowa.
(b) Drives to visit her mother.
(c) Goes to visit Opokuya.
(d) Drives out to the country.
2. Why does Esi feel rejected?
(a) Ali does not want her to come to the home he shares with Fusena.
(b) Ogyaanowa is happy to leave with her father.
(c) Opokuya suggests it's time for Esi to go home.
(d) Ali says he will not visit her for a while at her house.
3. What does Ali think of as home?
(a) His office.
(b) His house with Fusena.
(c) His childhood home with his aunt.
(d) No where.
4. When does Esi want to wait to wear Ali's gift?
(a) After the actual marriage.
(b) Till her birthday.
(c) Until they to to visit her family.
(d) After the negotiations.
5. What does Ali ponder about New Year's Eve?
(a) If he should divorce Esi before she gets pregnant.
(b) If he should allow Fusena the divorce she wants.
(c) Whether more than one wife is wise.
(d) Which wife he will make love to.
6. What does Opokuya notice on Esi when she visits one day?
(a) A watch.
(b) A new pair of earrings.
(c) A new necklace.
(d) A ring.
7. Who is not pleased when Ali visits the Dakwa's on January 2nd?
(b) Everyone is happy to see him.
(c) The adults.
(d) The children.
8. For what does Esi feel guilty?
(a) For not being more understanding of Ali.
(b) For sharing her doubts about Ali with Opokuya.
(c) sharing her doubts about Ali with Ogyaanowa.
(d) For sharing her doubts about Ali with her mother.
9. What does Esi say when Kubi wants to check on Oko?
(a) She want to check on him herself.
(b) She objects.
(c) She wants him to take Ogyaanowa with him.
(d) She is happy he is going to do so.
10. When do Ali and Esi go to her family's village?
11. Why does Ali worry about support from his family for his second marriage?
(a) They believe Esi comes from a much lower social class.
(b) They all adore Fusena.
(c) They think Esi is too old to have more children.
(d) They think Esi is too educated.
12. What does Mma. Danjuma know when she sees Esi?
(a) She will never warm to Esi.
(b) Esi is Fusena's superior in every way.
(c) She will be good friends with Esi.
(d) Esi is Fusena's inferior in every way.
13. To which relatives does Ali finally talk?
(a) The most elderly.
(b) The ones he is most sure will be supportive.
(c) He decides not to talk to any of his relatives.
(d) The ones in Nima.
14. Why is Esi feeling free and content?
(a) She has been promoted.
(b) She is seeing Ali regularly.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) Her marriage hopes have been fulfilled.
15. What is Opokuya thinking of doing before going to the hospital early the next morning?
(a) Sleeping late.
(b) Taking a leisurely bath.
(d) Going over to Esi's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esi say her mother thinks concerning marrying Ali?
2. Why is Opokuya happy for Esi?
3. What happens one day as Ali is pulling away from Esi's house?
4. What does Esi realize about her job?
5. Why does Ali feel guilty at the beginning of Chapter 15?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)