|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At whom is Esi angry?
(a) Her daughter.
2. What visit did Opokuya make that is successful?
(b) To the patient expecting to deliver that evening.
(c) To Connie.
(d) To her mother's.
3. What does Esi say to Opokuya that makes Opokuya wonder what's wrong with Esi?
(a) That Esi is goint to visit her mother, which she never does.
(b) That Esi is going to visit her grandmother, which she never does.
(c) That at least Opokuya finds life a little worthwhile.
(d) That Oko is on a business trip again.
4. What does Ali tell Fusena he is thinking of doing?
(a) Moving to France.
(b) Taking a second wife.
(c) Divorcing her.
(d) Moving to England.
5. What type of woman does Ali prefer to date?
(a) He has no preference.
(b) Young virgins.
(c) Mature, sexually-experienced women.
(d) He prefers men.
6. Why does Esi say her marriage fails?
(a) Oko was having an affair.
(b) Oko resented her not being with him constantly.
(c) Oko wants a wife who wants more children.
(d) Esi has never loved Oko.
7. How many children does Opokuya have?
8. Who do the two women think the best husband is?
(a) A mutual friend of theirs from high school.
(c) The one someone else is living with.
(d) Their own, though they have faults.
9. What does Musa's father always do at any new place with Musa Musa?
(a) Teaches him how to sell to the new villagers.
(b) Places him in a Koranic school.
(c) Shows him the land Musa was going to own.
(d) Finds him a philosophy tutor.
10. About what is Oko embarrassed?
(a) That Esi is seeing another man.
(b) That he forced his wife to have sex.
(c) That Esi left him for her career.
(d) That Ogyaanowa has no siblings.
11. What does Esi end up doing when the secretary is away?
(a) Secretarial work.
(b) Calling around for a replacement.
(c) Training a substitute.
(d) Typing her own proposals.
12. What does Oko buy thinking it will be good for Esi and Ogyaanowa?
(a) A boat.
(b) A bungalow in the country.
(c) A new car.
(d) A large apartment in Accra.
13. Who does Opokuya think has to be a fool in a marriage?
(a) No one.
(b) The role rotates between the woman and man.
(c) The man.
(d) The woman.
14. How does the man who offers to help Esi appear?
15. For how long has Opokuya been a midwife?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) Several months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oko's mother act to Esi when Esi and Oko's marriage ends?
2. How does Ali feel about his father?
3. Where did Ali and Fusena go to school together?
4. What does Fusena ask Allah after Ali tells her his plans?
5. Who is Mma. Danjuma?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)