|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oko want?
(a) For Esi to give him another chance.
(b) For Esi to carry the child to term.
(c) For Esi not to work at all.
(d) To take Esi to specialists in France.
2. What does Oko buy thinking it will be good for Esi and Ogyaanowa?
(a) A new car.
(b) A boat.
(c) A bungalow in the country.
(d) A large apartment in Accra.
3. What does Esi say to Opokuya that makes Opokuya wonder what's wrong with Esi?
(a) That at least Opokuya finds life a little worthwhile.
(b) That Esi is goint to visit her mother, which she never does.
(c) That Esi is going to visit her grandmother, which she never does.
(d) That Oko is on a business trip again.
4. What does Esi confide to Opokuya?
(a) That she has left Oko.
(b) That she is ill.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she is changing jobs.
5. What does Esi decide to do while waiting for her friend to arrive?
(a) Call her daughter.
(b) Read the newspaper.
(c) Have a beer.
(d) Write up a proposal.
6. What does Oko think Esi has not lost?
(a) Her schoolgirl looks or ways.
(b) Her combative spirit.
(c) Her desire for perfection.
(d) Her love for Oko.
7. Why is Ali going to be away from Fusena for a long time?
(a) He receives a scholarship in England.
(b) He receives a scholarship in France.
(c) He receives a scholarship in Germany.
(d) He receives a scholarship in the United States.
8. For what does the narrator say Ali Kondey is an effective advertisement?
(a) Musa Hideaways.
(c) New Town.
(d) Linga Hideaways.
9. Where does Opokuya live?
(a) On Ocean Breeze Hill.
(b) On Sweet Breezes Hill.
(c) On Wakuna Hill Road.
(d) On Sweet Waters Bay.
10. Upon what do Esi and Opokuya agree?
(a) That Kubi is easier to take than Oko.
(b) That Esi would do well to stay away from Ali Kondey.
(c) That men are good most of the time.
(d) That Ali Kondey is handsome.
11. What does Musa's father always do at any new place with Musa Musa?
(a) Places him in a Koranic school.
(b) Finds him a philosophy tutor.
(c) Shows him the land Musa was going to own.
(d) Teaches him how to sell to the new villagers.
12. How does Oko's mother act to Esi when Esi and Oko's marriage ends?
(b) As if she knew it would happen.
13. What kind of school does Mma. Danjuma want Ali to attend?
(a) Proper French school.
(b) A Koranic school.
(c) A Christian school.
(d) A boarding school.
14. Why are Esi and Opokuya still talking even though it's getting late?
(a) They are waiting for a taxi.
(b) They are waiting to have dinner with their husbands together.
(c) They are waiting for Opokuya's daughter.
(d) Kubi has not yet arrived.
15. What does Ali do when he hears of Esi's divorce?
(b) Courts her.
(c) Writes Oko a sympathy letter.
(d) Divorces his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ohyaanowa unhappy?
2. What type of woman does Ali prefer to date?
3. At whom is Esi angry?
4. What visit did Opokuya make that is successful?
5. What does Oko still blame himself for over a year after Esi leaves him?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)