|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What visit did Opokuya make that is successful?
(a) To the patient expecting to deliver that evening.
(b) To her mother's.
(d) To Connie.
2. At whom is Esi angry?
(b) Her daughter.
3. What does Esi's grandmother say about feeling grateful to a man?
(a) It creates a trap which is hard to escape.
(b) It creates imbalance in a marriage.
(c) It degrades the woman.
(d) It's enough of a reason to marry him.
4. What does Fusena ask Allah after Ali tells her his plans?
(a) To let Fusena die.
(b) What she is supposed to say or do.
(c) To make the second wife someone Fusena will like.
(d) To smite Ali.
5. Why does Esi think her decision about Ogyaanowa suits Esi?
(a) She thinks it will be a way to make Oko feel better about the divorce.
(b) She does not want Ohyaanowa to see her bringing home Ali.
(c) She thinks it will be good for Ogyaanowa to get to know her father's mother.
(d) She thinks it will make her mother-in-law feel better towards Esi.
6. What kind of school does Mma. Danjuma want Ali to attend?
(a) A boarding school.
(b) Proper French school.
(c) A Christian school.
(d) A Koranic school.
7. What does Ali tell Fusena he is thinking of doing?
(a) Divorcing her.
(b) Moving to France.
(c) Moving to England.
(d) Taking a second wife.
8. What does Musa's father always do at any new place with Musa Musa?
(a) Finds him a philosophy tutor.
(b) Places him in a Koranic school.
(c) Shows him the land Musa was going to own.
(d) Teaches him how to sell to the new villagers.
9. How does Kubi thing Opokuya should get to her clients?
(b) The bus.
(c) Have the client pick her up.
(d) The hospital van.
10. How does Esi find Oko's attentions?
11. For how long has Opokuya been a midwife?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) Several months.
12. Who watches Esi dress with pleasure?
(a) Esi herself in the mirror.
(c) No one.
13. About what do Opokuya and Kubi argue every morning?
(a) The use of the car.
(b) Whether Opokuya should give up midwifery.
(c) What trade Kubi will take up.
(d) Whether Kubi should take a government job.
14. What does Ali do when he hears of Esi's divorce?
(a) Divorces his wife.
(b) Courts her.
(c) Writes Oko a sympathy letter.
15. Who is Connie?
(a) Opokuya's mother.
(b) Opokuya's sister.
(c) Kubi's sister.
(d) Kubi's aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Esi and Opokuya still talking even though it's getting late?
2. What do both Ali and Fusena have during their initial six years of friendship?
3. Why does Opokuya want the car today?
4. What does Ali Kondey ask Esi?
5. Where did Ali and Fusena go to school together?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)