|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ali feel about his father?
(a) Ali loves him.
(b) Ali never met him.
(c) Ali is afraid of him.
(d) Ali thinks he is too old fashioned.
2. What is the understanding when Ogyaanowa goes to her grandmother's house?
(a) She will live there until her father remarries.
(b) She will return home when school reopens.
(c) She can return home any time.
(d) She will live there until Esi remarries.
3. How does Oko's family feel about Esi?
(a) They do not understand her but love her.
(b) They adore her.
(c) They disapprove of her but love her.
(d) They hate her.
4. Who is Connie?
(a) Kubi's aunt.
(b) Opokuya's mother.
(c) Opokuya's sister.
(d) Kubi's sister.
5. Why is Ali going to be away from Fusena for a long time?
(a) He receives a scholarship in Germany.
(b) He receives a scholarship in the United States.
(c) He receives a scholarship in England.
(d) He receives a scholarship in France.
6. How does Kubi thing Opokuya should get to her clients?
(b) Have the client pick her up.
(c) The bus.
(d) The hospital van.
7. What does Ali do when he hears of Esi's divorce?
(a) Divorces his wife.
(b) Courts her.
(d) Writes Oko a sympathy letter.
8. How does Esi find Oko's attentions?
9. To what does Fusena agree before Ali leaves Ghana?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To write him every week.
(c) To wait for his return and not marry someone else.
(d) To go with him.
10. Whose company does Ali enjoy?
(a) Interesting women.
(b) His son.
(c) His two older brothers.
(d) His grandfather.
11. What does Fusena not remember after having been away for two years?
(a) How it feels to not be pregnant or nursing.
(b) How it feels to teach.
(c) The way women are second class in Ghana.
(d) The social rigidity of Ghana.
12. Why are Esi and Opokuya still talking even though it's getting late?
(a) They are waiting to have dinner with their husbands together.
(b) They are waiting for a taxi.
(c) Kubi has not yet arrived.
(d) They are waiting for Opokuya's daughter.
13. Why does Ali Kondey come into the hotel?
(a) To meet his wife.
(b) To find Esi.
(c) To meet his son.
(d) For a business meeting with a client.
14. What does Oko think Esi has not lost?
(a) Her combative spirit.
(b) Her love for Oko.
(c) Her schoolgirl looks or ways.
(d) Her desire for perfection.
15. Who is Musa Kondey?
(a) Ali's father.
(b) A photographer.
(c) Ali's uncle.
(d) A rich, minor prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esi refuse from Ali Kondey?
2. What kind of school does Mma. Danjuma want Ali to attend?
3. Who is Kubi?
4. What does Ali tell Fusena he is thinking of doing?
5. What is there little of between Oko and Esi lately?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)