|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Esi say her marriage fails?
(a) Oko was having an affair.
(b) Oko resented her not being with him constantly.
(c) Oko wants a wife who wants more children.
(d) Esi has never loved Oko.
2. What does Esi refuse from Ali Kondey?
(a) Editorial help.
(b) Help typing.
(c) An offer to dinner.
(d) A ride home.
3. Who does Opokuya think has to be a fool in a marriage?
(a) The woman.
(b) The role rotates between the woman and man.
(c) No one.
(d) The man.
4. What has Ali always trained himself not to do?
(a) Get sexually attracted to a married woman.
(b) Have safe sex.
(c) Be prepared for all contingencies.
(d) Wake before the sun rises.
5. Where do Esi and Opokuya both live?
(a) They do not live in the same town.
6. How does the man who offers to help Esi appear?
7. Why is Ohyaanowa unhappy?
(a) She was embarrassed at school that day.
(b) She hears her parents fighting.
(c) She and her girlfriend had a fight.
(d) She wants to go to the mall but is not allowed.
8. Where is Esi driving at the opening of the novel?
(a) To pick up her son at soccer meet.
(b) To the airport.
(c) To pick up her husband.
(d) Linga Hideaways.
9. Who does Oko's mother leave at his house one day?
(b) A letter from Esi.
(c) A beautiful young girl.
(d) A baby boy.
10. What do both Ali and Fusena have during their initial six years of friendship?
(a) An agreement to marry someday.
(b) An agreement to be faithful to each other.
(c) An understanding that they will not ever marry.
(d) Multiple affairs.
11. What does Esi end up doing when the secretary is away?
(a) Typing her own proposals.
(b) Secretarial work.
(c) Calling around for a replacement.
(d) Training a substitute.
12. What happens soon after Ali is born?
(a) His father is killed.
(b) His sister dies.
(c) His grandmother dies.
(d) His mother dies.
13. How does Ali feel about his father?
(a) Ali loves him.
(b) Ali thinks he is too old fashioned.
(c) Ali never met him.
(d) Ali is afraid of him.
14. Why does Opokuya want the car today?
(a) To shop for school clothes for the children.
(b) To visit Kubi's sister.
(c) To visit her grandmother.
(d) To go to a meeting in a nearby town.
15. Why does Opokuya say Esi cannot have it all?
(a) No one can have it all.
(b) Only men who are rich can have it all.
(c) Only women who are very wealthy can have it all.
(d) Society will not allow it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fusena not remember after having been away for two years?
2. What does Fusena ask Allah after Ali tells her his plans?
3. What does Oko buy thinking it will be good for Esi and Ogyaanowa?
4. Where did Ali and Fusena go to school together?
5. For how long has Opokuya been a midwife?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)