|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oko buy thinking it will be good for Esi and Ogyaanowa?
(a) A boat.
(b) A bungalow in the country.
(c) A large apartment in Accra.
(d) A new car.
2. How does Ali feel about his father?
(a) Ali never met him.
(b) Ali loves him.
(c) Ali thinks he is too old fashioned.
(d) Ali is afraid of him.
3. What does Ali not want to do while courting Esi?
(a) Scare Esi with too much attention.
(b) Let her see his less-than-desirable side.
(c) Hurt Fusena.
(d) Embarrass his family.
4. At whom is Esi angry?
(d) Her daughter.
5. Why is Ohyaanowa unhappy?
(a) She was embarrassed at school that day.
(b) She hears her parents fighting.
(c) She wants to go to the mall but is not allowed.
(d) She and her girlfriend had a fight.
6. Why is Ali going to be away from Fusena for a long time?
(a) He receives a scholarship in England.
(b) He receives a scholarship in France.
(c) He receives a scholarship in Germany.
(d) He receives a scholarship in the United States.
7. Who is Kubi?
(a) Opokuya's oldest son.
(b) Opokuya's husband.
(c) The doctor who supervises Opokuya.
(d) A baby Opokuya has just delivered.
8. What has Ali always trained himself not to do?
(a) Wake before the sun rises.
(b) Have safe sex.
(c) Be prepared for all contingencies.
(d) Get sexually attracted to a married woman.
9. How long does Ali live away from his father?
(a) His entire life.
(b) He's always lived with his father.
(c) His first eight years.
(d) His first year.
10. What do Ali and Fusena insist upon before Ali leaves Ghana?
(a) That Fusena is pregnant.
(b) That Ali accept a dowry to keep the arrangement.
(c) That Fusena join Ali within a couple months.
(d) That Ali find a second wife before he leaves Ghana.
11. What does Esi say to Opokuya that makes Opokuya wonder what's wrong with Esi?
(a) That Esi is goint to visit her mother, which she never does.
(b) That at least Opokuya finds life a little worthwhile.
(c) That Oko is on a business trip again.
(d) That Esi is going to visit her grandmother, which she never does.
12. What does Musa's father always do at any new place with Musa Musa?
(a) Places him in a Koranic school.
(b) Teaches him how to sell to the new villagers.
(c) Shows him the land Musa was going to own.
(d) Finds him a philosophy tutor.
13. What does Oko still blame himself for over a year after Esi leaves him?
(a) Staying in bed too long on the morning he rapes Esi.
(b) Wanting to control Esi too much.
(c) He blames himself for nothing.
(d) Not listening more to Esi.
14. What does Esi confide to Opokuya?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she is ill.
(c) That she is changing jobs.
(d) That she has left Oko.
15. Why does Opokuya say she is going to visit her mother?
(a) She wants to make sure her mother has recovered from an illness.
(b) She needs to pick up some of her old clothes for her daughter.
(c) She is homesick.
(d) She wants to surprise her mother for her birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ali see as a gift from Allah?
2. Why does Ali Kondey come into the hotel?
3. Who is Musa Kondey?
4. What does Oko want?
5. About what do Opokuya and Kubi argue every morning?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)