|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oko think Esi has not lost?
(a) Her desire for perfection.
(b) Her love for Oko.
(c) Her schoolgirl looks or ways.
(d) Her combative spirit.
2. Who is Mma. Danjuma?
(a) Ali's wife.
(b) Ali's aunt.
(c) Ali's sister.
(d) Ali's mother.
3. What kind of school does Mma. Danjuma want Ali to attend?
(a) Proper French school.
(b) A Christian school.
(c) A boarding school.
(d) A Koranic school.
4. What does Oko want?
(a) For Esi not to work at all.
(b) For Esi to carry the child to term.
(c) For Esi to give him another chance.
(d) To take Esi to specialists in France.
5. About what is Oko embarrassed?
(a) That Ogyaanowa has no siblings.
(b) That Esi left him for her career.
(c) That Esi is seeing another man.
(d) That he forced his wife to have sex.
6. Why is Ali going to be away from Fusena for a long time?
(a) He receives a scholarship in England.
(b) He receives a scholarship in Germany.
(c) He receives a scholarship in the United States.
(d) He receives a scholarship in France.
7. Where do Ali and Fusena teach after graduation?
(a) High school in Accra.
(b) Primary school in Accra.
(c) College in Kumasi.
(d) Primary school in Tamale.
8. What is there little of between Oko and Esi lately?
9. Where does Opokuya live?
(a) On Wakuna Hill Road.
(b) On Sweet Waters Bay.
(c) On Ocean Breeze Hill.
(d) On Sweet Breezes Hill.
10. What does Musa's father always do at any new place with Musa Musa?
(a) Teaches him how to sell to the new villagers.
(b) Finds him a philosophy tutor.
(c) Places him in a Koranic school.
(d) Shows him the land Musa was going to own.
11. Whose company does Ali enjoy?
(a) His son.
(b) Interesting women.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His two older brothers.
12. What makes Opokuya and Esi's friendship hard to believe?
(a) One is Jewish and the other Muslim.
(b) They hated each other when they were children.
(c) One is Muslim and one is Christian.
(d) They are so different from each other.
13. Why does Esi think her decision about Ogyaanowa suits Esi?
(a) She does not want Ohyaanowa to see her bringing home Ali.
(b) She thinks it will make her mother-in-law feel better towards Esi.
(c) She thinks it will be a way to make Oko feel better about the divorce.
(d) She thinks it will be good for Ogyaanowa to get to know her father's mother.
14. What doesn't Esi worry about concerning Ali?
(a) His comings and goings.
(b) That his job takes him places.
(c) His other wife.
15. Who does Opokuya think has to be a fool in a marriage?
(a) The man.
(b) The woman.
(c) The role rotates between the woman and man.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Esi and Opokuya both live?
2. For what does the narrator say Ali Kondey is an effective advertisement?
3. How does Ali feel about his father?
4. To what does Fusena agree before Ali leaves Ghana?
5. Who is Connie?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)