|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Musa Kondey?
(a) A rich, minor prince.
(b) Ali's father.
(c) Ali's uncle.
(d) A photographer.
2. Where is Ogyaanowa staying until school starts?.
(a) With her father.
(b) With her best friend traveling in Europe.
(c) At her grandmother's house.
(d) At her aunt's house.
3. What does Esi tell the man she is doing?
(a) Checking on travel arrangements.
(b) Writing a government grant proposal.
(c) Calling for a substitute secretary.
4. Why does Opokuya say Esi cannot have it all?
(a) Society will not allow it.
(b) No one can have it all.
(c) Only men who are rich can have it all.
(d) Only women who are very wealthy can have it all.
5. Why is Ohyaanowa unhappy?
(a) She was embarrassed at school that day.
(b) She and her girlfriend had a fight.
(c) She hears her parents fighting.
(d) She wants to go to the mall but is not allowed.
6. What happens when Musa Musa is twelve?
(a) He goes to boarding school.
(b) He loses a goat and disappears.
(c) He breaks his back.
(d) He accidentally shoots his brother.
7. How does Esi find Oko's attentions?
8. What does Oko want?
(a) To take Esi to specialists in France.
(b) For Esi to carry the child to term.
(c) For Esi not to work at all.
(d) For Esi to give him another chance.
9. About what is Oko embarrassed?
(a) That Esi left him for her career.
(b) That Esi is seeing another man.
(c) That he forced his wife to have sex.
(d) That Ogyaanowa has no siblings.
10. How does Oko's family feel about Esi?
(a) They hate her.
(b) They do not understand her but love her.
(c) They disapprove of her but love her.
(d) They adore her.
11. How does the man who offers to help Esi appear?
12. Who is Connie?
(a) Opokuya's mother.
(b) Kubi's sister.
(c) Opokuya's sister.
(d) Kubi's aunt.
13. What do Ali and Fusena insist upon before Ali leaves Ghana?
(a) That Fusena is pregnant.
(b) That Fusena join Ali within a couple months.
(c) That Ali find a second wife before he leaves Ghana.
(d) That Ali accept a dowry to keep the arrangement.
14. How many children does Opokuya have?
15. For what does Kubi say he is late?
(a) To pick up a co-worker.
(b) He says he is not late.
(c) A meeting with some clients.
(d) A budget meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Musa's father always do at any new place with Musa Musa?
2. What does Esi decide to do while waiting for her friend to arrive?
3. What does Fusena not remember after having been away for two years?
4. For what does the narrator say Ali Kondey is an effective advertisement?
5. Who greets Esi at Hotel Twentieth Century?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)