|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Opokuya say she is going to visit her mother?
(a) She wants to surprise her mother for her birthday.
(b) She is homesick.
(c) She wants to make sure her mother has recovered from an illness.
(d) She needs to pick up some of her old clothes for her daughter.
2. Where is Esi driving at the opening of the novel?
(a) To pick up her husband.
(b) To pick up her son at soccer meet.
(c) Linga Hideaways.
(d) To the airport.
3. What kind of school does Mma. Danjuma want Ali to attend?
(a) A Christian school.
(b) A Koranic school.
(c) A boarding school.
(d) Proper French school.
4. What does Ali Kondey ask Esi?
(a) If she is meeting her husband.
(b) If her friend is married to Kubi.
(c) If he can call her the next week.
(d) If she was still working in the same job.
5. How long is Ali away from home before he returns?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 22 years.
(d) 40 years.
6. What does Oko think Esi has not lost?
(a) Her combative spirit.
(b) Her desire for perfection.
(c) Her schoolgirl looks or ways.
(d) Her love for Oko.
7. Who watches Esi dress with pleasure?
(a) Esi herself in the mirror.
(d) No one.
8. What does Esi say to Opokuya that makes Opokuya wonder what's wrong with Esi?
(a) That Oko is on a business trip again.
(b) That at least Opokuya finds life a little worthwhile.
(c) That Esi is going to visit her grandmother, which she never does.
(d) That Esi is goint to visit her mother, which she never does.
9. Why is Ohyaanowa unhappy?
(a) She wants to go to the mall but is not allowed.
(b) She hears her parents fighting.
(c) She was embarrassed at school that day.
(d) She and her girlfriend had a fight.
10. Who do the two women think the best husband is?
(b) A mutual friend of theirs from high school.
(c) The one someone else is living with.
(d) Their own, though they have faults.
11. What doesn't Esi worry about concerning Ali?
(b) His other wife.
(c) That his job takes him places.
(d) His comings and goings.
12. How does Oko's family feel about Esi?
(a) They adore her.
(b) They disapprove of her but love her.
(c) They do not understand her but love her.
(d) They hate her.
13. Where does Opokuya say she will meet Kubi at 5:30 p.m.?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Hotel Twentieth Century.
(c) Her mother's house.
(d) Connie's house.
14. Why does Opokuya want the car today?
(a) To shop for school clothes for the children.
(b) To visit Kubi's sister.
(c) To visit her grandmother.
(d) To go to a meeting in a nearby town.
15. Why does Esi think her decision about Ogyaanowa suits Esi?
(a) She thinks it will be a way to make Oko feel better about the divorce.
(b) She does not want Ohyaanowa to see her bringing home Ali.
(c) She thinks it will be good for Ogyaanowa to get to know her father's mother.
(d) She thinks it will make her mother-in-law feel better towards Esi.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Opokuya have?
2. For what does the narrator say Ali Kondey is an effective advertisement?
3. What does Oko still blame himself for over a year after Esi leaves him?
4. What happens two months after negotiations of the Kondeys and Al-Hassans?
5. Where do Esi and Opokuya both live?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)