|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ali and Fusena go to school together?
2. Who greets Esi at Hotel Twentieth Century?
3. At whom is Esi angry?
(c) Her daughter.
4. How many children does Opokuya have?
5. Who do the two women think the best husband is?
(a) The one someone else is living with.
(b) A mutual friend of theirs from high school.
(d) Their own, though they have faults.
6. What does Oko think Esi has not lost?
(a) Her love for Oko.
(b) Her desire for perfection.
(c) Her schoolgirl looks or ways.
(d) Her combative spirit.
7. For how long has Opokuya been a midwife?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) Several months.
8. What did Opokuya decide early on in her marriage?
(a) To let her husband rule the family.
(b) To do what she wanted.
(c) To assume her husband would have affairs and that was okay.
(d) To trust her husband.
9. Where is Esi driving at the opening of the novel?
(a) To pick up her son at soccer meet.
(b) Linga Hideaways.
(c) To pick up her husband.
(d) To the airport.
10. How does Oko's mother act to Esi when Esi and Oko's marriage ends?
(c) As if she knew it would happen.
11. What does Esi end up doing when the secretary is away?
(a) Calling around for a replacement.
(b) Secretarial work.
(c) Training a substitute.
(d) Typing her own proposals.
12. Why is Ali going to be away from Fusena for a long time?
(a) He receives a scholarship in England.
(b) He receives a scholarship in Germany.
(c) He receives a scholarship in France.
(d) He receives a scholarship in the United States.
13. Where does Opokuya say she will meet Kubi at 5:30 p.m.?
(a) Hotel Twentieth Century.
(b) Connie's house.
(c) Her mother's house.
(d) The hospital.
14. How does Esi find Oko's attentions?
15. Where do Esi and Opokuya both live?
(b) They do not live in the same town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ali Kondey come into the hotel?
2. What does Esi think about marrying again?
3. Where does Opokuya live?
4. With what does Opokuya say society has no patience?
5. How does Ali feel about his father?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)