|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oko still blame himself for over a year after Esi leaves him?
(a) Staying in bed too long on the morning he rapes Esi.
(b) Wanting to control Esi too much.
(c) He blames himself for nothing.
(d) Not listening more to Esi.
2. What does Ali not want to do while courting Esi?
(a) Hurt Fusena.
(b) Embarrass his family.
(c) Scare Esi with too much attention.
(d) Let her see his less-than-desirable side.
3. What does Ali tell Fusena he is thinking of doing?
(a) Divorcing her.
(b) Moving to England.
(c) Taking a second wife.
(d) Moving to France.
4. How does Esi find Oko's attentions?
5. How does Kubi thing Opokuya should get to her clients?
(a) The hospital van.
(b) Have the client pick her up.
(c) The bus.
6. Where do Esi and Opokuya both live?
(a) They do not live in the same town.
7. What does Ali see as a gift from Allah?
(a) Meeting Esi.
(b) The beautiful weather.
(c) His career.
(d) His wife and children.
8. Upon what do Esi and Opokuya agree?
(a) That Ali Kondey is handsome.
(b) That men are good most of the time.
(c) That Esi would do well to stay away from Ali Kondey.
(d) That Kubi is easier to take than Oko.
9. With what does Opokuya say society has no patience?
(a) Divorced men.
(b) Single women.
(c) Men who cheat.
(d) Women who want their own life even if they are married.
10. Who is Kubi?
(a) Opokuya's oldest son.
(b) A baby Opokuya has just delivered.
(c) The doctor who supervises Opokuya.
(d) Opokuya's husband.
11. What does Esi realize she has endured when she gets to her office?
(a) Sexism at work.
(b) Several pregnancies.
(c) Too many years of silence from Oko.
(d) Marital rape.
12. What was a major reason Oko was first attracted to Esi?
(a) Her looks.
(b) Her air of independence.
(c) Her wit.
(d) Her good job.
13. Who is Musa Kondey?
(a) A rich, minor prince.
(b) Ali's uncle.
(c) A photographer.
(d) Ali's father.
14. What did Opokuya decide early on in her marriage?
(a) To trust her husband.
(b) To do what she wanted.
(c) To let her husband rule the family.
(d) To assume her husband would have affairs and that was okay.
15. Why does Esi think her decision about Ogyaanowa suits Esi?
(a) She thinks it will be a way to make Oko feel better about the divorce.
(b) She does not want Ohyaanowa to see her bringing home Ali.
(c) She thinks it will make her mother-in-law feel better towards Esi.
(d) She thinks it will be good for Ogyaanowa to get to know her father's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the two women think the best husband is?
2. Why are Esi and Opokuya still talking even though it's getting late?
3. Where is Esi driving at the opening of the novel?
4. What does Fusena not remember after having been away for two years?
5. To what does Fusena agree before Ali leaves Ghana?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)