|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ali always trained himself not to do?
(a) Have safe sex.
(b) Be prepared for all contingencies.
(c) Wake before the sun rises.
(d) Get sexually attracted to a married woman.
2. With what does Opokuya say society has no patience?
(a) Men who cheat.
(b) Divorced men.
(c) Women who want their own life even if they are married.
(d) Single women.
3. What does Esi end up doing when the secretary is away?
(a) Calling around for a replacement.
(b) Training a substitute.
(c) Secretarial work.
(d) Typing her own proposals.
4. Who is Mma. Danjuma?
(a) Ali's wife.
(b) Ali's aunt.
(c) Ali's mother.
(d) Ali's sister.
5. What does Esi confide to Opokuya?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she is changing jobs.
(c) That she has left Oko.
(d) That she is ill.
6. How does Oko's mother act to Esi when Esi and Oko's marriage ends?
(d) As if she knew it would happen.
7. What happens soon after Ali is born?
(a) His father is killed.
(b) His sister dies.
(c) His mother dies.
(d) His grandmother dies.
8. What is the understanding when Ogyaanowa goes to her grandmother's house?
(a) She can return home any time.
(b) She will return home when school reopens.
(c) She will live there until Esi remarries.
(d) She will live there until her father remarries.
9. For how long has Opokuya been a midwife?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) Several months.
10. Why does Esi think her decision about Ogyaanowa suits Esi?
(a) She thinks it will be good for Ogyaanowa to get to know her father's mother.
(b) She thinks it will make her mother-in-law feel better towards Esi.
(c) She does not want Ohyaanowa to see her bringing home Ali.
(d) She thinks it will be a way to make Oko feel better about the divorce.
11. What does Oko still blame himself for over a year after Esi leaves him?
(a) Wanting to control Esi too much.
(b) Staying in bed too long on the morning he rapes Esi.
(c) He blames himself for nothing.
(d) Not listening more to Esi.
12. What happens on the drive when Opokuya loses use of the car?
(a) Kubi jokes trying to get Opokuya in a better mood.
(c) Opokuya tries to convince Kubi the whole way to let her have the car.
(d) Nothing different from usual.
13. What did Opokuya decide early on in her marriage?
(a) To trust her husband.
(b) To assume her husband would have affairs and that was okay.
(c) To do what she wanted.
(d) To let her husband rule the family.
14. Who does Oko's mother leave at his house one day?
(a) A letter from Esi.
(b) A beautiful young girl.
(d) A baby boy.
15. What does Esi think about marrying again?
(a) She does not want a man oppressing her all the time.
(b) She would like to if the right man comes along.
(c) She doesn't really think about it yet.
(d) She would like to if for not other reason than for her daughter's sake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't Esi worry about concerning Ali?
2. How many children does Opokuya have?
3. Why is Ohyaanowa unhappy?
4. What does Esi realize she has endured when she gets to her office?
5. What do Ali and Fusena insist upon before Ali leaves Ghana?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)