|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Opokuya say society has no patience?
(a) Men who cheat.
(b) Divorced men.
(c) Single women.
(d) Women who want their own life even if they are married.
2. Where does Ali earn a Master's degree?
(b) The United States.
3. How many children does Opokuya have?
4. For what does Kubi say he is late?
(a) A budget meeting.
(b) He says he is not late.
(c) A meeting with some clients.
(d) To pick up a co-worker.
5. Why are Esi and Opokuya still talking even though it's getting late?
(a) They are waiting to have dinner with their husbands together.
(b) Kubi has not yet arrived.
(c) They are waiting for Opokuya's daughter.
(d) They are waiting for a taxi.
6. What does Fusena start feeling upset in her marriage?
(a) She has not managed to get pregnant.
(b) She wants to stay home with the kids but has to work.
(c) Her husband has married two more wifes.
(d) Her husband is getting more education than she.
7. What visit did Opokuya make that is successful?
(a) To Connie.
(b) To the patient expecting to deliver that evening.
(d) To her mother's.
8. Why is Ali going to be away from Fusena for a long time?
(a) He receives a scholarship in the United States.
(b) He receives a scholarship in England.
(c) He receives a scholarship in France.
(d) He receives a scholarship in Germany.
9. Who is Musa Kondey?
(a) A rich, minor prince.
(b) Ali's father.
(c) A photographer.
(d) Ali's uncle.
10. Why does Ali Kondey come into the hotel?
(a) To meet his son.
(b) To meet his wife.
(c) To find Esi.
(d) For a business meeting with a client.
11. Where does Opokuya live?
(a) On Sweet Waters Bay.
(b) On Wakuna Hill Road.
(c) On Sweet Breezes Hill.
(d) On Ocean Breeze Hill.
12. For how long has Opokuya been a midwife?
(a) 2 years.
(b) Several months.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 30 years.
13. What kind of school does Mma. Danjuma want Ali to attend?
(a) Proper French school.
(b) A boarding school.
(c) A Christian school.
(d) A Koranic school.
14. About what is Oko embarrassed?
(a) That Esi is seeing another man.
(b) That he forced his wife to have sex.
(c) That Esi left him for her career.
(d) That Ogyaanowa has no siblings.
15. What happens on the drive when Opokuya loses use of the car?
(a) Nothing different from usual.
(c) Opokuya tries to convince Kubi the whole way to let her have the car.
(d) Kubi jokes trying to get Opokuya in a better mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man who offers to help Esi appear?
2. About what do Opokuya and Kubi argue every morning?
3. What does Oko buy thinking it will be good for Esi and Ogyaanowa?
4. What makes Opokuya and Esi's friendship hard to believe?
5. What is the understanding when Ogyaanowa goes to her grandmother's house?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)