Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the understanding when Ogyaanowa goes to her grandmother's house?
(a) She will live there until Esi remarries.
(b) She will live there until her father remarries.
(c) She can return home any time.
(d) She will return home when school reopens.
2. What does Ali Kondey ask Esi?
(a) If he can call her the next week.
(b) If her friend is married to Kubi.
(c) If she is meeting her husband.
(d) If she was still working in the same job.
3. What does Esi say to Opokuya that makes Opokuya wonder what's wrong with Esi?
(a) That Oko is on a business trip again.
(b) That Esi is goint to visit her mother, which she never does.
(c) That Esi is going to visit her grandmother, which she never does.
(d) That at least Opokuya finds life a little worthwhile.
4. What is there little of between Oko and Esi lately?
5. What does Esi confide to Opokuya?
(a) That she is ill.
(b) That she has left Oko.
(c) That she is changing jobs.
(d) That she is pregnant.
6. What makes Opokuya and Esi's friendship hard to believe?
(a) One is Jewish and the other Muslim.
(b) One is Muslim and one is Christian.
(c) They hated each other when they were children.
(d) They are so different from each other.
7. Why does Ali Kondey come into the hotel?
(a) To meet his wife.
(b) To find Esi.
(c) For a business meeting with a client.
(d) To meet his son.
8. Why does Esi think her decision about Ogyaanowa suits Esi?
(a) She thinks it will be a way to make Oko feel better about the divorce.
(b) She does not want Ohyaanowa to see her bringing home Ali.
(c) She thinks it will make her mother-in-law feel better towards Esi.
(d) She thinks it will be good for Ogyaanowa to get to know her father's mother.
9. Why are Esi and Opokuya still talking even though it's getting late?
(a) They are waiting for Opokuya's daughter.
(b) They are waiting for a taxi.
(c) They are waiting to have dinner with their husbands together.
(d) Kubi has not yet arrived.
10. What happens soon after Ali is born?
(a) His mother dies.
(b) His sister dies.
(c) His grandmother dies.
(d) His father is killed.
11. Who is Musa Kondey?
(a) Ali's uncle.
(b) Ali's father.
(c) A rich, minor prince.
(d) A photographer.
12. What visit did Opokuya make that is successful?
(a) To Connie.
(b) To the patient expecting to deliver that evening.
(d) To her mother's.
13. What happens when Musa Musa is twelve?
(a) He goes to boarding school.
(b) He loses a goat and disappears.
(c) He breaks his back.
(d) He accidentally shoots his brother.
14. Whose company does Ali enjoy?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His son.
(c) Interesting women.
(d) His two older brothers.
15. Where do Esi and Opokuya both live?
(d) They do not live in the same town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kubi?
2. How does Oko's mother act to Esi when Esi and Oko's marriage ends?
3. For how long has Opokuya been a midwife?
4. Where do Ali and Fusena teach after graduation?
5. Who greets Esi at Hotel Twentieth Century?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)