|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What visit did Opokuya make that is successful?
(a) To her mother's.
(c) To Connie.
(d) To the patient expecting to deliver that evening.
2. Who is Connie?
(a) Opokuya's sister.
(b) Opokuya's mother.
(c) Kubi's aunt.
(d) Kubi's sister.
3. What does Oko want?
(a) For Esi not to work at all.
(b) For Esi to carry the child to term.
(c) For Esi to give him another chance.
(d) To take Esi to specialists in France.
4. What does Esi realize she has endured when she gets to her office?
(a) Sexism at work.
(b) Marital rape.
(c) Too many years of silence from Oko.
(d) Several pregnancies.
5. How long is Ali away from home before he returns?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 22 years.
(d) 40 years.
6. For what does the narrator say Ali Kondey is an effective advertisement?
(a) Musa Hideaways.
(c) New Town.
(d) Linga Hideaways.
7. Who greets Esi at Hotel Twentieth Century?
8. What does Musa's father always do at any new place with Musa Musa?
(a) Finds him a philosophy tutor.
(b) Teaches him how to sell to the new villagers.
(c) Shows him the land Musa was going to own.
(d) Places him in a Koranic school.
9. What does Esi's grandmother say about feeling grateful to a man?
(a) It creates a trap which is hard to escape.
(b) It creates imbalance in a marriage.
(c) It degrades the woman.
(d) It's enough of a reason to marry him.
10. Why is Ohyaanowa unhappy?
(a) She and her girlfriend had a fight.
(b) She wants to go to the mall but is not allowed.
(c) She was embarrassed at school that day.
(d) She hears her parents fighting.
11. What happens when Musa Musa is twelve?
(a) He breaks his back.
(b) He goes to boarding school.
(c) He accidentally shoots his brother.
(d) He loses a goat and disappears.
12. What is the understanding when Ogyaanowa goes to her grandmother's house?
(a) She will live there until her father remarries.
(b) She will live there until Esi remarries.
(c) She will return home when school reopens.
(d) She can return home any time.
13. Why are Esi and Opokuya still talking even though it's getting late?
(a) They are waiting for Opokuya's daughter.
(b) Kubi has not yet arrived.
(c) They are waiting for a taxi.
(d) They are waiting to have dinner with their husbands together.
14. What does Fusena not remember after having been away for two years?
(a) How it feels to not be pregnant or nursing.
(b) The social rigidity of Ghana.
(c) The way women are second class in Ghana.
(d) How it feels to teach.
15. What does Ali Kondey ask Esi?
(a) If she was still working in the same job.
(b) If he can call her the next week.
(c) If she is meeting her husband.
(d) If her friend is married to Kubi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ali not want to do while courting Esi?
2. What does Fusena start feeling upset in her marriage?
3. Why is Ali going to be away from Fusena for a long time?
4. What does Oko buy thinking it will be good for Esi and Ogyaanowa?
5. Who is Mma. Danjuma?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)