|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do both Ali and Fusena have during their initial six years of friendship?
(a) An agreement to marry someday.
(b) An agreement to be faithful to each other.
(c) Multiple affairs.
(d) An understanding that they will not ever marry.
2. What happens two months after negotiations of the Kondeys and Al-Hassans?
(a) Ali and Fusena marry.
(b) Ali and Fusena decide they do not want to marry.
(c) Fusena agrees to wait until Ali returns before deciding about marriage.
(d) Ali signs a contract to marry Fusena when he returns.
3. What does Esi say to Opokuya that makes Opokuya wonder what's wrong with Esi?
(a) That Oko is on a business trip again.
(b) That Esi is goint to visit her mother, which she never does.
(c) That Esi is going to visit her grandmother, which she never does.
(d) That at least Opokuya finds life a little worthwhile.
4. What kind of school does Mma. Danjuma want Ali to attend?
(a) A Koranic school.
(b) A Christian school.
(c) A boarding school.
(d) Proper French school.
5. What does Oko think Esi has not lost?
(a) Her desire for perfection.
(b) Her schoolgirl looks or ways.
(c) Her love for Oko.
(d) Her combative spirit.
6. What does Esi refuse from Ali Kondey?
(a) Help typing.
(b) An offer to dinner.
(c) A ride home.
(d) Editorial help.
7. Where is Esi driving at the opening of the novel?
(a) To pick up her son at soccer meet.
(b) Linga Hideaways.
(c) To the airport.
(d) To pick up her husband.
8. Why are Esi and Opokuya still talking even though it's getting late?
(a) They are waiting for a taxi.
(b) They are waiting for Opokuya's daughter.
(c) They are waiting to have dinner with their husbands together.
(d) Kubi has not yet arrived.
9. How does Esi find Oko's attentions?
10. Who is Musa Kondey?
(a) Ali's uncle.
(b) A photographer.
(c) A rich, minor prince.
(d) Ali's father.
11. What does Ali Kondey ask Esi?
(a) If she is meeting her husband.
(b) If her friend is married to Kubi.
(c) If he can call her the next week.
(d) If she was still working in the same job.
12. What has Ali always trained himself not to do?
(a) Wake before the sun rises.
(b) Be prepared for all contingencies.
(c) Have safe sex.
(d) Get sexually attracted to a married woman.
13. With what does Opokuya say society has no patience?
(a) Single women.
(b) Men who cheat.
(c) Divorced men.
(d) Women who want their own life even if they are married.
14. What does Esi's grandmother say about feeling grateful to a man?
(a) It's enough of a reason to marry him.
(b) It degrades the woman.
(c) It creates imbalance in a marriage.
(d) It creates a trap which is hard to escape.
15. Why does Opokuya want the car today?
(a) To visit her grandmother.
(b) To shop for school clothes for the children.
(c) To visit Kubi's sister.
(d) To go to a meeting in a nearby town.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man who offers to help Esi appear?
2. What type of woman does Ali prefer to date?
3. About what is Oko embarrassed?
4. What does Esi tell the man she is doing?
5. How long is Ali away from home before he returns?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)