|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the understanding when Ogyaanowa goes to her grandmother's house?
(a) She will live there until Esi remarries.
(b) She will live there until her father remarries.
(c) She can return home any time.
(d) She will return home when school reopens.
2. What has Ali always trained himself not to do?
(a) Get sexually attracted to a married woman.
(b) Wake before the sun rises.
(c) Be prepared for all contingencies.
(d) Have safe sex.
3. For how long has Opokuya been a midwife?
(a) 30 years.
(b) Several months.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 2 years.
4. What does Esi tell the man she is doing?
(a) Writing a government grant proposal.
(c) Calling for a substitute secretary.
(d) Checking on travel arrangements.
5. How does Oko's family feel about Esi?
(a) They do not understand her but love her.
(b) They hate her.
(c) They adore her.
(d) They disapprove of her but love her.
6. What happens two months after negotiations of the Kondeys and Al-Hassans?
(a) Ali signs a contract to marry Fusena when he returns.
(b) Ali and Fusena decide they do not want to marry.
(c) Ali and Fusena marry.
(d) Fusena agrees to wait until Ali returns before deciding about marriage.
7. What is there little of between Oko and Esi lately?
8. What did Opokuya decide early on in her marriage?
(a) To assume her husband would have affairs and that was okay.
(b) To do what she wanted.
(c) To trust her husband.
(d) To let her husband rule the family.
9. What happens on the drive when Opokuya loses use of the car?
(a) Nothing different from usual.
(b) Opokuya tries to convince Kubi the whole way to let her have the car.
(d) Kubi jokes trying to get Opokuya in a better mood.
10. How long does Ali live away from his father?
(a) His first eight years.
(b) His entire life.
(c) He's always lived with his father.
(d) His first year.
11. What does Ali tell Fusena he is thinking of doing?
(a) Moving to England.
(b) Taking a second wife.
(c) Moving to France.
(d) Divorcing her.
12. Who do the two women think the best husband is?
(b) Their own, though they have faults.
(c) A mutual friend of theirs from high school.
(d) The one someone else is living with.
13. How does Ali feel about his father?
(a) Ali is afraid of him.
(b) Ali thinks he is too old fashioned.
(c) Ali never met him.
(d) Ali loves him.
14. Where did Ali and Fusena go to school together?
15. What does Esi decide to do while waiting for her friend to arrive?
(a) Read the newspaper.
(b) Write up a proposal.
(c) Call her daughter.
(d) Have a beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Opokuya say Esi cannot have it all?
2. What do Ali and Fusena insist upon before Ali leaves Ghana?
3. What does Oko want?
4. How does Kubi thing Opokuya should get to her clients?
5. Where do Esi and Opokuya both live?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)