|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the two women think the best husband is?
(a) Their own, though they have faults.
(b) The one someone else is living with.
(c) A mutual friend of theirs from high school.
2. How does Esi find Oko's attentions?
3. What does Oko think Esi has not lost?
(a) Her desire for perfection.
(b) Her love for Oko.
(c) Her combative spirit.
(d) Her schoolgirl looks or ways.
4. What does Esi refuse from Ali Kondey?
(a) A ride home.
(b) Editorial help.
(c) An offer to dinner.
(d) Help typing.
5. Who is Kubi?
(a) Opokuya's oldest son.
(b) The doctor who supervises Opokuya.
(c) Opokuya's husband.
(d) A baby Opokuya has just delivered.
6. Where does Opokuya say she will meet Kubi at 5:30 p.m.?
(a) Connie's house.
(b) Hotel Twentieth Century.
(c) Her mother's house.
(d) The hospital.
7. What do Ali and Fusena insist upon before Ali leaves Ghana?
(a) That Ali find a second wife before he leaves Ghana.
(b) That Fusena is pregnant.
(c) That Fusena join Ali within a couple months.
(d) That Ali accept a dowry to keep the arrangement.
8. Why does Opokuya want the car today?
(a) To shop for school clothes for the children.
(b) To go to a meeting in a nearby town.
(c) To visit Kubi's sister.
(d) To visit her grandmother.
9. What makes Opokuya and Esi's friendship hard to believe?
(a) They hated each other when they were children.
(b) One is Muslim and one is Christian.
(c) One is Jewish and the other Muslim.
(d) They are so different from each other.
10. How does the man who offers to help Esi appear?
11. What visit did Opokuya make that is successful?
(b) To her mother's.
(c) To Connie.
(d) To the patient expecting to deliver that evening.
12. Who does Oko's mother leave at his house one day?
(b) A letter from Esi.
(c) A beautiful young girl.
(d) A baby boy.
13. Whose company does Ali enjoy?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His son.
(c) His two older brothers.
(d) Interesting women.
14. What kind of school does Mma. Danjuma want Ali to attend?
(a) Proper French school.
(b) A Christian school.
(c) A boarding school.
(d) A Koranic school.
15. How does Kubi thing Opokuya should get to her clients?
(b) The bus.
(c) The hospital van.
(d) Have the client pick her up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esi do that surprises Oko's mother?
2. What does Esi's grandmother say about feeling grateful to a man?
3. For what does the narrator say Ali Kondey is an effective advertisement?
4. Where does Ali earn a Master's degree?
5. What does Fusena start feeling upset in her marriage?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)