|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oko buy thinking it will be good for Esi and Ogyaanowa?
(a) A bungalow in the country.
(b) A new car.
(c) A large apartment in Accra.
(d) A boat.
2. How does Ali feel about his father?
(a) Ali never met him.
(b) Ali is afraid of him.
(c) Ali loves him.
(d) Ali thinks he is too old fashioned.
3. Who greets Esi at Hotel Twentieth Century?
4. Where does Ali earn a Master's degree?
(a) The United States.
5. Who watches Esi dress with pleasure?
(b) No one.
(d) Esi herself in the mirror.
6. Upon what do Esi and Opokuya agree?
(a) That Ali Kondey is handsome.
(b) That Kubi is easier to take than Oko.
(c) That men are good most of the time.
(d) That Esi would do well to stay away from Ali Kondey.
7. For what does Kubi say he is late?
(a) A meeting with some clients.
(b) To pick up a co-worker.
(c) A budget meeting.
(d) He says he is not late.
8. Why is Ohyaanowa unhappy?
(a) She hears her parents fighting.
(b) She was embarrassed at school that day.
(c) She wants to go to the mall but is not allowed.
(d) She and her girlfriend had a fight.
9. To what does Fusena agree before Ali leaves Ghana?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To write him every week.
(c) To go with him.
(d) To wait for his return and not marry someone else.
10. What does Oko still blame himself for over a year after Esi leaves him?
(a) Not listening more to Esi.
(b) He blames himself for nothing.
(c) Staying in bed too long on the morning he rapes Esi.
(d) Wanting to control Esi too much.
11. Where do Esi and Opokuya both live?
(d) They do not live in the same town.
12. How does the man who offers to help Esi appear?
13. How does Oko's family feel about Esi?
(a) They hate her.
(b) They do not understand her but love her.
(c) They disapprove of her but love her.
(d) They adore her.
14. What makes Opokuya and Esi's friendship hard to believe?
(a) One is Jewish and the other Muslim.
(b) One is Muslim and one is Christian.
(c) They are so different from each other.
(d) They hated each other when they were children.
15. How does Kubi thing Opokuya should get to her clients?
(b) Have the client pick her up.
(c) The bus.
(d) The hospital van.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on the drive when Opokuya loses use of the car?
2. What does Esi think about marrying again?
3. What does Esi tell the man she is doing?
4. Who do the two women think the best husband is?
5. At whom is Esi angry?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)