|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't Esi worry about concerning Ali?
(b) His comings and goings.
(c) That his job takes him places.
(d) His other wife.
2. What visit did Opokuya make that is successful?
(b) To Connie.
(c) To the patient expecting to deliver that evening.
(d) To her mother's.
3. What does Ali tell Fusena he is thinking of doing?
(a) Moving to England.
(b) Taking a second wife.
(c) Moving to France.
(d) Divorcing her.
4. How long is Ali away from home before he returns?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 22 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 10 years.
5. How long does Ali live away from his father?
(a) His entire life.
(b) His first eight years.
(c) His first year.
(d) He's always lived with his father.
6. What does Esi end up doing when the secretary is away?
(a) Training a substitute.
(b) Typing her own proposals.
(c) Calling around for a replacement.
(d) Secretarial work.
7. Whose company does Ali enjoy?
(a) His son.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) Interesting women.
(d) His two older brothers.
8. Why is Ohyaanowa unhappy?
(a) She was embarrassed at school that day.
(b) She hears her parents fighting.
(c) She wants to go to the mall but is not allowed.
(d) She and her girlfriend had a fight.
9. At whom is Esi angry?
(a) Her daughter.
10. What does Ali see as a gift from Allah?
(a) The beautiful weather.
(b) His career.
(c) Meeting Esi.
(d) His wife and children.
11. What does Fusena ask Allah after Ali tells her his plans?
(a) To make the second wife someone Fusena will like.
(b) To smite Ali.
(c) What she is supposed to say or do.
(d) To let Fusena die.
12. What does Esi do that surprises Oko's mother?
(a) Sends her flowers.
(b) Does not let Ogyaanowa see Oko's mother anymore.
(c) Let Ogyaanowa to continue to live with Oko's mother.
(d) Sends her a note apologizing.
13. What does Esi's grandmother say about feeling grateful to a man?
(a) It degrades the woman.
(b) It's enough of a reason to marry him.
(c) It creates a trap which is hard to escape.
(d) It creates imbalance in a marriage.
14. What kind of school does Mma. Danjuma want Ali to attend?
(a) A boarding school.
(b) Proper French school.
(c) A Christian school.
(d) A Koranic school.
15. Who does Opokuya think has to be a fool in a marriage?
(a) The role rotates between the woman and man.
(b) No one.
(c) The man.
(d) The woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what do Esi and Opokuya agree?
2. How many children does Opokuya have?
3. What is there little of between Oko and Esi lately?
4. What do Ali and Fusena insist upon before Ali leaves Ghana?
5. What do both Ali and Fusena have during their initial six years of friendship?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)