|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At whom is Esi angry?
(b) Her daughter.
2. What type of woman does Ali prefer to date?
(a) Young virgins.
(b) Mature, sexually-experienced women.
(c) He has no preference.
(d) He prefers men.
3. What makes Opokuya and Esi's friendship hard to believe?
(a) They are so different from each other.
(b) One is Muslim and one is Christian.
(c) They hated each other when they were children.
(d) One is Jewish and the other Muslim.
4. What does Oko buy thinking it will be good for Esi and Ogyaanowa?
(a) A new car.
(b) A bungalow in the country.
(c) A boat.
(d) A large apartment in Accra.
5. Why is Ali going to be away from Fusena for a long time?
(a) He receives a scholarship in England.
(b) He receives a scholarship in Germany.
(c) He receives a scholarship in France.
(d) He receives a scholarship in the United States.
6. What visit did Opokuya make that is successful?
(a) To her mother's.
(b) To Connie.
(d) To the patient expecting to deliver that evening.
7. Who is Kubi?
(a) Opokuya's oldest son.
(b) The doctor who supervises Opokuya.
(c) Opokuya's husband.
(d) A baby Opokuya has just delivered.
8. Why are Esi and Opokuya still talking even though it's getting late?
(a) Kubi has not yet arrived.
(b) They are waiting to have dinner with their husbands together.
(c) They are waiting for a taxi.
(d) They are waiting for Opokuya's daughter.
9. What does Esi end up doing when the secretary is away?
(a) Calling around for a replacement.
(b) Typing her own proposals.
(c) Training a substitute.
(d) Secretarial work.
10. For what does the narrator say Ali Kondey is an effective advertisement?
(b) New Town.
(c) Linga Hideaways.
(d) Musa Hideaways.
11. Where does Opokuya live?
(a) On Sweet Breezes Hill.
(b) On Wakuna Hill Road.
(c) On Sweet Waters Bay.
(d) On Ocean Breeze Hill.
12. What does Esi do that surprises Oko's mother?
(a) Sends her flowers.
(b) Sends her a note apologizing.
(c) Let Ogyaanowa to continue to live with Oko's mother.
(d) Does not let Ogyaanowa see Oko's mother anymore.
13. What is there little of between Oko and Esi lately?
14. Who watches Esi dress with pleasure?
(a) No one.
(d) Esi herself in the mirror.
15. Why does Ali Kondey come into the hotel?
(a) To meet his wife.
(b) For a business meeting with a client.
(c) To find Esi.
(d) To meet his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Musa Kondey?
2. With what does Opokuya say society has no patience?
3. To what does Fusena agree before Ali leaves Ghana?
4. How does Ali feel about his father?
5. What happens on the drive when Opokuya loses use of the car?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)