|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi do that surprises Oko's mother?
(a) Does not let Ogyaanowa see Oko's mother anymore.
(b) Sends her flowers.
(c) Let Ogyaanowa to continue to live with Oko's mother.
(d) Sends her a note apologizing.
2. What does Oko want?
(a) For Esi to give him another chance.
(b) For Esi to carry the child to term.
(c) To take Esi to specialists in France.
(d) For Esi not to work at all.
3. For how long has Opokuya been a midwife?
(a) Several months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 15 years.
4. Why are Esi and Opokuya still talking even though it's getting late?
(a) They are waiting for Opokuya's daughter.
(b) Kubi has not yet arrived.
(c) They are waiting to have dinner with their husbands together.
(d) They are waiting for a taxi.
5. What kind of school does Mma. Danjuma want Ali to attend?
(a) Proper French school.
(b) A Koranic school.
(c) A boarding school.
(d) A Christian school.
6. How does the man who offers to help Esi appear?
7. What was a major reason Oko was first attracted to Esi?
(a) Her wit.
(b) Her air of independence.
(c) Her good job.
(d) Her looks.
8. Where is Esi driving at the opening of the novel?
(a) Linga Hideaways.
(b) To pick up her husband.
(c) To the airport.
(d) To pick up her son at soccer meet.
9. Who is Connie?
(a) Opokuya's sister.
(b) Opokuya's mother.
(c) Kubi's aunt.
(d) Kubi's sister.
10. Where do Ali and Fusena teach after graduation?
(a) Primary school in Accra.
(b) College in Kumasi.
(c) Primary school in Tamale.
(d) High school in Accra.
11. What does Musa's father always do at any new place with Musa Musa?
(a) Shows him the land Musa was going to own.
(b) Places him in a Koranic school.
(c) Finds him a philosophy tutor.
(d) Teaches him how to sell to the new villagers.
12. How does Ali feel about his father?
(a) Ali is afraid of him.
(b) Ali never met him.
(c) Ali thinks he is too old fashioned.
(d) Ali loves him.
13. What does Esi end up doing when the secretary is away?
(a) Secretarial work.
(b) Calling around for a replacement.
(c) Typing her own proposals.
(d) Training a substitute.
14. Where does Ali earn a Master's degree?
(a) The United States.
15. Who is Mma. Danjuma?
(a) Ali's sister.
(b) Ali's aunt.
(c) Ali's wife.
(d) Ali's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose company does Ali enjoy?
2. What happens when Musa Musa is twelve?
3. How many children does Opokuya have?
4. Who does Opokuya think has to be a fool in a marriage?
5. To what does Fusena agree before Ali leaves Ghana?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)