|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Fusena agree before Ali leaves Ghana?
(a) To write him every week.
(b) To wait for his return and not marry someone else.
(c) To go with him.
(d) To marry him.
2. What did Opokuya decide early on in her marriage?
(a) To assume her husband would have affairs and that was okay.
(b) To trust her husband.
(c) To do what she wanted.
(d) To let her husband rule the family.
3. Where do Ali and Fusena teach after graduation?
(a) Primary school in Accra.
(b) High school in Accra.
(c) College in Kumasi.
(d) Primary school in Tamale.
4. What does Esi say to Opokuya that makes Opokuya wonder what's wrong with Esi?
(a) That Esi is going to visit her grandmother, which she never does.
(b) That Oko is on a business trip again.
(c) That Esi is goint to visit her mother, which she never does.
(d) That at least Opokuya finds life a little worthwhile.
5. What happens when Musa Musa is twelve?
(a) He goes to boarding school.
(b) He breaks his back.
(c) He loses a goat and disappears.
(d) He accidentally shoots his brother.
6. About what do Opokuya and Kubi argue every morning?
(a) Whether Opokuya should give up midwifery.
(b) What trade Kubi will take up.
(c) Whether Kubi should take a government job.
(d) The use of the car.
7. What does Esi do that surprises Oko's mother?
(a) Let Ogyaanowa to continue to live with Oko's mother.
(b) Does not let Ogyaanowa see Oko's mother anymore.
(c) Sends her flowers.
(d) Sends her a note apologizing.
8. Who watches Esi dress with pleasure?
(c) No one.
(d) Esi herself in the mirror.
9. What do Ali and Fusena insist upon before Ali leaves Ghana?
(a) That Ali accept a dowry to keep the arrangement.
(b) That Ali find a second wife before he leaves Ghana.
(c) That Fusena join Ali within a couple months.
(d) That Fusena is pregnant.
10. Why is Ali going to be away from Fusena for a long time?
(a) He receives a scholarship in England.
(b) He receives a scholarship in France.
(c) He receives a scholarship in the United States.
(d) He receives a scholarship in Germany.
11. How long is Ali away from home before he returns?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 22 years.
12. For what does the narrator say Ali Kondey is an effective advertisement?
(a) New Town.
(b) Linga Hideaways.
(c) Musa Hideaways.
13. What does Oko think Esi has not lost?
(a) Her schoolgirl looks or ways.
(b) Her desire for perfection.
(c) Her love for Oko.
(d) Her combative spirit.
14. Who greets Esi at Hotel Twentieth Century?
15. Why is Ohyaanowa unhappy?
(a) She and her girlfriend had a fight.
(b) She hears her parents fighting.
(c) She wants to go to the mall but is not allowed.
(d) She was embarrassed at school that day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose company does Ali enjoy?
2. What does Oko still blame himself for over a year after Esi leaves him?
3. What happens on the drive when Opokuya loses use of the car?
4. What is there little of between Oko and Esi lately?
5. What does Oko want?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)