|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Opokuya say Esi cannot have it all?
(a) No one can have it all.
(b) Society will not allow it.
(c) Only men who are rich can have it all.
(d) Only women who are very wealthy can have it all.
2. Who greets Esi at Hotel Twentieth Century?
3. What kind of school does Mma. Danjuma want Ali to attend?
(a) A Koranic school.
(b) A boarding school.
(c) Proper French school.
(d) A Christian school.
4. Why does Esi say her marriage fails?
(a) Oko resented her not being with him constantly.
(b) Oko wants a wife who wants more children.
(c) Oko was having an affair.
(d) Esi has never loved Oko.
5. What does Oko want?
(a) For Esi to carry the child to term.
(b) For Esi not to work at all.
(c) To take Esi to specialists in France.
(d) For Esi to give him another chance.
6. What happens when Musa Musa is twelve?
(a) He loses a goat and disappears.
(b) He accidentally shoots his brother.
(c) He breaks his back.
(d) He goes to boarding school.
7. What does Esi refuse from Ali Kondey?
(a) A ride home.
(b) An offer to dinner.
(c) Editorial help.
(d) Help typing.
8. What does Esi confide to Opokuya?
(a) That she has left Oko.
(b) That she is ill.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she is changing jobs.
9. What does Oko buy thinking it will be good for Esi and Ogyaanowa?
(a) A large apartment in Accra.
(b) A boat.
(c) A new car.
(d) A bungalow in the country.
10. What did Opokuya decide early on in her marriage?
(a) To let her husband rule the family.
(b) To assume her husband would have affairs and that was okay.
(c) To trust her husband.
(d) To do what she wanted.
11. What is the understanding when Ogyaanowa goes to her grandmother's house?
(a) She will return home when school reopens.
(b) She will live there until Esi remarries.
(c) She can return home any time.
(d) She will live there until her father remarries.
12. Where is Ogyaanowa staying until school starts?.
(a) With her best friend traveling in Europe.
(b) At her grandmother's house.
(c) With her father.
(d) At her aunt's house.
13. What is there little of between Oko and Esi lately?
14. What does Fusena start feeling upset in her marriage?
(a) She wants to stay home with the kids but has to work.
(b) Her husband has married two more wifes.
(c) She has not managed to get pregnant.
(d) Her husband is getting more education than she.
15. What type of woman does Ali prefer to date?
(a) Young virgins.
(b) Mature, sexually-experienced women.
(c) He prefers men.
(d) He has no preference.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Opokuya have?
2. Who is Mma. Danjuma?
3. To what does Fusena agree before Ali leaves Ghana?
4. How does Kubi thing Opokuya should get to her clients?
5. What does Ali Kondey ask Esi?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)