|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi say to Opokuya that makes Opokuya wonder what's wrong with Esi?
(a) That Oko is on a business trip again.
(b) That at least Opokuya finds life a little worthwhile.
(c) That Esi is going to visit her grandmother, which she never does.
(d) That Esi is goint to visit her mother, which she never does.
2. How many children does Opokuya have?
3. Who do the two women think the best husband is?
(a) The one someone else is living with.
(b) A mutual friend of theirs from high school.
(c) Their own, though they have faults.
4. How long does Ali live away from his father?
(a) His first year.
(b) His entire life.
(c) His first eight years.
(d) He's always lived with his father.
5. Why is Ali going to be away from Fusena for a long time?
(a) He receives a scholarship in the United States.
(b) He receives a scholarship in Germany.
(c) He receives a scholarship in France.
(d) He receives a scholarship in England.
6. What happens on the drive when Opokuya loses use of the car?
(a) Kubi jokes trying to get Opokuya in a better mood.
(b) Opokuya tries to convince Kubi the whole way to let her have the car.
(c) Nothing different from usual.
7. What does Ali Kondey ask Esi?
(a) If her friend is married to Kubi.
(b) If he can call her the next week.
(c) If she is meeting her husband.
(d) If she was still working in the same job.
8. What has Ali always trained himself not to do?
(a) Be prepared for all contingencies.
(b) Wake before the sun rises.
(c) Get sexually attracted to a married woman.
(d) Have safe sex.
9. How does Oko's mother act to Esi when Esi and Oko's marriage ends?
(d) As if she knew it would happen.
10. Whose company does Ali enjoy?
(a) Interesting women.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His two older brothers.
(d) His son.
11. What does Oko think Esi has not lost?
(a) Her combative spirit.
(b) Her schoolgirl looks or ways.
(c) Her desire for perfection.
(d) Her love for Oko.
12. Why does Opokuya want the car today?
(a) To visit her grandmother.
(b) To shop for school clothes for the children.
(c) To go to a meeting in a nearby town.
(d) To visit Kubi's sister.
13. Why does Esi think her decision about Ogyaanowa suits Esi?
(a) She does not want Ohyaanowa to see her bringing home Ali.
(b) She thinks it will be a way to make Oko feel better about the divorce.
(c) She thinks it will be good for Ogyaanowa to get to know her father's mother.
(d) She thinks it will make her mother-in-law feel better towards Esi.
14. Who is Kubi?
(a) Opokuya's oldest son.
(b) The doctor who supervises Opokuya.
(c) A baby Opokuya has just delivered.
(d) Opokuya's husband.
15. What does Ali see as a gift from Allah?
(a) Meeting Esi.
(b) The beautiful weather.
(c) His career.
(d) His wife and children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ali tell Fusena he is thinking of doing?
2. Who watches Esi dress with pleasure?
3. Why does Opokuya say she is going to visit her mother?
4. What does Esi do that surprises Oko's mother?
5. What does Esi confide to Opokuya?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)