|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Oko embarrassed?
(a) That Ogyaanowa has no siblings.
(b) That Esi left him for her career.
(c) That he forced his wife to have sex.
(d) That Esi is seeing another man.
2. What does Ali see as a gift from Allah?
(a) His career.
(b) The beautiful weather.
(c) Meeting Esi.
(d) His wife and children.
3. What happens two months after negotiations of the Kondeys and Al-Hassans?
(a) Ali and Fusena marry.
(b) Ali and Fusena decide they do not want to marry.
(c) Fusena agrees to wait until Ali returns before deciding about marriage.
(d) Ali signs a contract to marry Fusena when he returns.
4. Upon what do Esi and Opokuya agree?
(a) That Esi would do well to stay away from Ali Kondey.
(b) That Ali Kondey is handsome.
(c) That Kubi is easier to take than Oko.
(d) That men are good most of the time.
5. To what does Fusena agree before Ali leaves Ghana?
(a) To wait for his return and not marry someone else.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To write him every week.
(d) To go with him.
6. Who is Mma. Danjuma?
(a) Ali's aunt.
(b) Ali's mother.
(c) Ali's sister.
(d) Ali's wife.
7. What does Fusena ask Allah after Ali tells her his plans?
(a) To let Fusena die.
(b) What she is supposed to say or do.
(c) To smite Ali.
(d) To make the second wife someone Fusena will like.
8. Where is Esi driving at the opening of the novel?
(a) Linga Hideaways.
(b) To pick up her son at soccer meet.
(c) To the airport.
(d) To pick up her husband.
9. What happens soon after Ali is born?
(a) His grandmother dies.
(b) His mother dies.
(c) His father is killed.
(d) His sister dies.
10. What does Ali tell Fusena he is thinking of doing?
(a) Moving to England.
(b) Moving to France.
(c) Divorcing her.
(d) Taking a second wife.
11. How does Oko's mother act to Esi when Esi and Oko's marriage ends?
(c) As if she knew it would happen.
12. What does Esi refuse from Ali Kondey?
(a) A ride home.
(b) An offer to dinner.
(c) Editorial help.
(d) Help typing.
13. What does Esi decide to do while waiting for her friend to arrive?
(a) Call her daughter.
(b) Write up a proposal.
(c) Read the newspaper.
(d) Have a beer.
14. How does Oko's family feel about Esi?
(a) They disapprove of her but love her.
(b) They hate her.
(c) They do not understand her but love her.
(d) They adore her.
15. What happens on the drive when Opokuya loses use of the car?
(a) Nothing different from usual.
(b) Kubi jokes trying to get Opokuya in a better mood.
(d) Opokuya tries to convince Kubi the whole way to let her have the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esi think about marrying again?
2. Who does Oko's mother leave at his house one day?
3. Where do Esi and Opokuya both live?
4. What do both Ali and Fusena have during their initial six years of friendship?
5. Why does Esi think her decision about Ogyaanowa suits Esi?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)