|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi do that surprises Oko's mother?
(a) Sends her a note apologizing.
(b) Sends her flowers.
(c) Let Ogyaanowa to continue to live with Oko's mother.
(d) Does not let Ogyaanowa see Oko's mother anymore.
2. Why is Ali going to be away from Fusena for a long time?
(a) He receives a scholarship in Germany.
(b) He receives a scholarship in England.
(c) He receives a scholarship in France.
(d) He receives a scholarship in the United States.
3. How does Ali feel about his father?
(a) Ali thinks he is too old fashioned.
(b) Ali loves him.
(c) Ali is afraid of him.
(d) Ali never met him.
4. Why does Opokuya want the car today?
(a) To go to a meeting in a nearby town.
(b) To shop for school clothes for the children.
(c) To visit her grandmother.
(d) To visit Kubi's sister.
5. What did Opokuya decide early on in her marriage?
(a) To assume her husband would have affairs and that was okay.
(b) To let her husband rule the family.
(c) To do what she wanted.
(d) To trust her husband.
6. Who do the two women think the best husband is?
(a) Their own, though they have faults.
(b) The one someone else is living with.
(d) A mutual friend of theirs from high school.
7. Where is Ogyaanowa staying until school starts?.
(a) At her aunt's house.
(b) At her grandmother's house.
(c) With her best friend traveling in Europe.
(d) With her father.
8. Why does Esi think her decision about Ogyaanowa suits Esi?
(a) She does not want Ohyaanowa to see her bringing home Ali.
(b) She thinks it will make her mother-in-law feel better towards Esi.
(c) She thinks it will be good for Ogyaanowa to get to know her father's mother.
(d) She thinks it will be a way to make Oko feel better about the divorce.
9. Where do Esi and Opokuya both live?
(c) They do not live in the same town.
10. What happens when Musa Musa is twelve?
(a) He loses a goat and disappears.
(b) He goes to boarding school.
(c) He breaks his back.
(d) He accidentally shoots his brother.
11. What does Oko want?
(a) For Esi to give him another chance.
(b) For Esi to carry the child to term.
(c) To take Esi to specialists in France.
(d) For Esi not to work at all.
12. What does Ali tell Fusena he is thinking of doing?
(a) Moving to England.
(b) Divorcing her.
(c) Taking a second wife.
(d) Moving to France.
13. What does Ali Kondey ask Esi?
(a) If he can call her the next week.
(b) If she is meeting her husband.
(c) If she was still working in the same job.
(d) If her friend is married to Kubi.
14. Who does Opokuya think has to be a fool in a marriage?
(a) The role rotates between the woman and man.
(b) The woman.
(c) The man.
(d) No one.
15. What does Esi's grandmother say about feeling grateful to a man?
(a) It creates a trap which is hard to escape.
(b) It degrades the woman.
(c) It creates imbalance in a marriage.
(d) It's enough of a reason to marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Opokuya and Kubi argue every morning?
2. How does Oko's mother act to Esi when Esi and Oko's marriage ends?
3. For what does the narrator say Ali Kondey is an effective advertisement?
4. What does Ali do when he hears of Esi's divorce?
5. How long is Ali away from home before he returns?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)