|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ali think of as home?
(a) No where.
(b) His childhood home with his aunt.
(c) His house with Fusena.
(d) His office.
2. What does Kweku say when he knocks on Opokuya's bedroom door?
(a) That Kubi is mad that Opokuya is not in the kitchen.
(b) That the beans have burned rather badly.
(c) That Esi and Ogyaanowa are there.
(d) That the potatoes are boiling over.
3. What does Esi realize she has endured when she gets to her office?
(a) Too many years of silence from Oko.
(b) Several pregnancies.
(c) Marital rape.
(d) Sexism at work.
4. What surprises Ali and Esi after they have made love?
(a) There is a knock on the door.
(b) They both want Fusena to be happy.
(c) They feel so fused yet are so different.
(d) They are still so passionate about each other.
5. Why would Esi's mother have thought it alright for Oko to take another wife?
(a) Oko wouldn't then rape Esi if she did not want sex.
(b) Her mother was opposed to Oko taking another wife also.
(c) The other wife could bear all the children.
(d) Esi would have been the senior wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do both Ali and Fusena have during their initial six years of friendship?
2. Why is Opokuya happy for Esi?
3. What is Opokuya thinking of doing before going to the hospital early the next morning?
4. What does Esi end up doing when the secretary is away?
5. What does Oko think Esi has not lost?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)