|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where did Ali receive an urgent message?
(a) His office in Abidjan.
(b) His mother-in-law.
(c) His office in London.
(d) His mother.
2. What are Ama and Aba doing at the opening of this section?
(a) Preparing for Oko's wedding.
(b) Discussing why men leave women.
(c) Preparing for Esi's wedding.
(d) Talking about Ali.
3. What happens one day as Ali is pulling away from Esi's house?
(a) Opokuya pulls in.
(b) He smashes into Esi's car.
(c) He slumps over the wheel.
(d) He hits a bicyclist.
4. How is Esi's being at Opokuya a blessing for Opokuya?
(a) Esi can help Opokuya with a client.
(b) Ogyaanowa is there and Opokuya's oldest son is interested in her.
(c) Esi can talk to Opokuya's oldest daughter about gaining an educatioin.
(d) Esi can help cook.
5. What does Esi realize she has endured when she gets to her office?
(a) Too many years of silence from Oko.
(b) Several pregnancies.
(c) Sexism at work.
(d) Marital rape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the other think Esi's father asks Ali?
2. What do both Ali and Fusena have during their initial six years of friendship?
3. What does Esi do after she drops Ali off at Hotel Twentieth Century?
4. What happens on the drive when Opokuya loses use of the car?
5. Why does Ali worry about support from his family for his second marriage?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)