|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi's grandmother say about feeling grateful to a man?
(a) It degrades the woman.
(b) It creates imbalance in a marriage.
(c) It creates a trap which is hard to escape.
(d) It's enough of a reason to marry him.
2. What does Esi say her mother does not like about Esi and Ali's possible marriage?
(a) Esi keeping her job.
(b) Esi getting pregnant anymore since the first pregnancy almost kills her.
(c) Esi being a second wife.
(d) Esi living in a different town from Ali.
3. What does Ali say when Esi demands to know why he's been gone so long?
(a) He says he was away on business and tried to call.
(b) He says Fusena was ill.
(c) He says his daughter was ill.
(d) He says his mother needed him back in the country.
4. What does Musa's father always do at any new place with Musa Musa?
(a) Teaches him how to sell to the new villagers.
(b) Shows him the land Musa was going to own.
(c) Places him in a Koranic school.
(d) Finds him a philosophy tutor.
5. Who is Connie?
(a) Kubi's aunt.
(b) Kubi's sister.
(c) Opokuya's sister.
(d) Opokuya's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Fusena agree?
2. What doesn't Esi worry about concerning Ali?
3. What does Esi tell Ali to do?
4. What does Opokuya notice on Esi when she visits one day?
5. What does Oko want to do after Kubi arrives?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)