|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi propose she and Ali do as far as her family?
(a) Go visit them.
(b) Let them know about the marriage after the fact.
(c) Pretend Esi is not involved with Ali.
(d) Ignore their misgivings.
2. What does Esi confide to Opokuya?
(a) That she is changing jobs.
(b) That she is ill.
(c) That she has left Oko.
(d) That she is pregnant.
3. What traditional rule has been already broken concerning Ali and Esi according to Opokuya?
(a) Fusena is pregnant and Esi is supposed to be there helping her.
(b) Esi is wearing a ring.
(c) Esi is having sexual relations before marriage.
(d) The first wife has to approve of subsequent wives.
4. What does Ali continually do to Esi?
(a) Puts her down.
(b) Makes her feel like a second wife.
(c) Makes excuses about why he cannot visit her.
(d) Tells her he's coming and then not show up.
5. Whose company does Ali enjoy?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His two older brothers.
(c) Interesting women.
(d) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on the drive when Opokuya loses use of the car?
2. Where is Ogyaanowa staying until school starts?.
3. Why does Fusena sometimes call Ali at Esi's house?
4. What happens one day as Ali is pulling away from Esi's house?
5. About what does Esi not know what to do?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)