|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: Chapter 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ali say when Esi demands to know why he's been gone so long?
(a) He says Fusena was ill.
(b) He says his mother needed him back in the country.
(c) He says his daughter was ill.
(d) He says he was away on business and tried to call.
2. Where is Esi driving at the opening of the novel?
(a) To pick up her husband.
(b) To pick up her son at soccer meet.
(c) To the airport.
(d) Linga Hideaways.
3. What does Esi realize she has endured when she gets to her office?
(a) Too many years of silence from Oko.
(b) Marital rape.
(c) Several pregnancies.
(d) Sexism at work.
4. What shocks Ali's female relatives?
(a) That Esi is not Muslim.
(b) That Esi will not live with Ali and Fusena.
(c) That Fusena is divorcing Ali.
(d) That their educated daughters are not any better off than they were.
5. What does Esi propose she and Ali do as far as her family?
(a) Ignore their misgivings.
(b) Go visit them.
(c) Pretend Esi is not involved with Ali.
(d) Let them know about the marriage after the fact.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Ali and Esi go to her family's village?
2. About what do Opokuya and Kubi argue every morning?
3. Where do Esi and Opokuya both live?
4. What does Fusena ask Allah after Ali tells her his plans?
5. What does Esi think about marrying again?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)