|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: Chapter 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fusena realize when Ali's female relatives visit her?
(a) That they are betraying her.
(b) That they do not want Ali to marry again.
(c) That they have been unable to dissuade Ali from marriage to Esi.
(d) That they want her to divorce Ali.
2. How does Ali feel about his father?
(a) Ali loves him.
(b) Ali thinks he is too old fashioned.
(c) Ali never met him.
(d) Ali is afraid of him.
3. What does Esi say about monogamy?
(a) It is stifling.
(b) It is old fashioned.
(c) It is honorable.
(d) It is good if there are children.
4. What does Ali seem like the type of man to Esi?
(a) One who is absolutely honest.
(b) One who does not need someone.
(c) One who is rigidly traditional.
(d) One who does not believe in tradition.
5. To which relatives does Ali finally talk?
(a) He decides not to talk to any of his relatives.
(b) The most elderly.
(c) The ones he is most sure will be supportive.
(d) The ones in Nima.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens one day as Ali is pulling away from Esi's house?
2. What does Esi realize she has endured when she gets to her office?
3. Where does Opokuya say she will meet Kubi at 5:30 p.m.?
4. Who does Opokuya think has to be a fool in a marriage?
5. For how long has Opokuya been a midwife?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)