|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: Chapter 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ali seem like the type of man to Esi?
(a) One who is absolutely honest.
(b) One who does not believe in tradition.
(c) One who is rigidly traditional.
(d) One who does not need someone.
2. Where does Opokuya say she will meet Kubi at 5:30 p.m.?
(a) Her mother's house.
(b) Connie's house.
(c) The hospital.
(d) Hotel Twentieth Century.
3. Why does Ali worry about support from his family for his second marriage?
(a) They think Esi is too old to have more children.
(b) They believe Esi comes from a much lower social class.
(c) They think Esi is too educated.
(d) They all adore Fusena.
4. What happens one day as Ali is pulling away from Esi's house?
(a) He smashes into Esi's car.
(b) Opokuya pulls in.
(c) He slumps over the wheel.
(d) He hits a bicyclist.
5. What does Esi propose she and Ali do as far as her family?
(a) Let them know about the marriage after the fact.
(b) Pretend Esi is not involved with Ali.
(c) Go visit them.
(d) Ignore their misgivings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Opokuya decide early on in her marriage?
2. For what does the narrator say Ali Kondey is an effective advertisement?
3. Why does Opokuya say she is going to visit her mother?
4. What does Esi realize she has endured when she gets to her office?
5. What makes Opokuya and Esi's friendship hard to believe?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)