|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: Chapter 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi realize she has endured when she gets to her office?
(a) Sexism at work.
(b) Marital rape.
(c) Too many years of silence from Oko.
(d) Several pregnancies.
2. About what do Opokuya and Kubi argue every morning?
(a) The use of the car.
(b) Whether Opokuya should give up midwifery.
(c) What trade Kubi will take up.
(d) Whether Kubi should take a government job.
3. Why does Opokuya say she is going to visit her mother?
(a) She wants to surprise her mother for her birthday.
(b) She needs to pick up some of her old clothes for her daughter.
(c) She wants to make sure her mother has recovered from an illness.
(d) She is homesick.
4. Why does Esi think her decision about Ogyaanowa suits Esi?
(a) She does not want Ohyaanowa to see her bringing home Ali.
(b) She thinks it will make her mother-in-law feel better towards Esi.
(c) She thinks it will be a way to make Oko feel better about the divorce.
(d) She thinks it will be good for Ogyaanowa to get to know her father's mother.
5. What does Fusena ask Allah after Ali tells her his plans?
(a) To let Fusena die.
(b) To smite Ali.
(c) To make the second wife someone Fusena will like.
(d) What she is supposed to say or do.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which relatives does Ali finally talk?
2. What does Esi propose she and Ali do as far as her family?
3. What do Ali and Fusena insist upon before Ali leaves Ghana?
4. What happens two months after negotiations of the Kondeys and Al-Hassans?
5. Who do the two women think the best husband is?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)