|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: Chapter 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi's grandmother say about feeling grateful to a man?
(a) It creates a trap which is hard to escape.
(b) It creates imbalance in a marriage.
(c) It's enough of a reason to marry him.
(d) It degrades the woman.
2. What does Esi do that surprises Oko's mother?
(a) Let Ogyaanowa to continue to live with Oko's mother.
(b) Does not let Ogyaanowa see Oko's mother anymore.
(c) Sends her a note apologizing.
(d) Sends her flowers.
3. What is the understanding when Ogyaanowa goes to her grandmother's house?
(a) She will return home when school reopens.
(b) She can return home any time.
(c) She will live there until her father remarries.
(d) She will live there until Esi remarries.
4. What has Ali always trained himself not to do?
(a) Be prepared for all contingencies.
(b) Have safe sex.
(c) Get sexually attracted to a married woman.
(d) Wake before the sun rises.
5. For what does the narrator say Ali Kondey is an effective advertisement?
(a) Linga Hideaways.
(b) Musa Hideaways.
(d) New Town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esi say about monogamy?
2. What does Ali seem like the type of man to Esi?
3. What do both Ali and Fusena have during their initial six years of friendship?
4. What happens one day as Ali is pulling away from Esi's house?
5. About what does Esi laugh concerning the African male?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)