|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: Chapter 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens two months after negotiations of the Kondeys and Al-Hassans?
(a) Ali and Fusena marry.
(b) Fusena agrees to wait until Ali returns before deciding about marriage.
(c) Ali and Fusena decide they do not want to marry.
(d) Ali signs a contract to marry Fusena when he returns.
2. What does Esi end up doing when the secretary is away?
(a) Training a substitute.
(b) Calling around for a replacement.
(c) Secretarial work.
(d) Typing her own proposals.
3. What does Esi's grandmother say about feeling grateful to a man?
(a) It creates imbalance in a marriage.
(b) It degrades the woman.
(c) It's enough of a reason to marry him.
(d) It creates a trap which is hard to escape.
4. What did Opokuya decide early on in her marriage?
(a) To assume her husband would have affairs and that was okay.
(b) To trust her husband.
(c) To do what she wanted.
(d) To let her husband rule the family.
5. How does Opokuya correct Esi about her view on monogamy?
(a) She says it is for the wife's benefit more than the husband.
(b) She says it is for the husband's benefit more than the wife.
(c) She says monogamy is not the issue.
(d) She says she thinks Esi means marriage, not mongamy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esi say about Fusena?
2. Why does Ali feel the gift is inappropriate?
3. What doesn't Esi worry about concerning Ali?
4. At whom is Esi angry?
5. What does Ali Kondey ask Esi?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)