|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: Chapter 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the understanding when Ogyaanowa goes to her grandmother's house?
(a) She will return home when school reopens.
(b) She will live there until her father remarries.
(c) She will live there until Esi remarries.
(d) She can return home any time.
2. What happens soon after Ali is born?
(a) His grandmother dies.
(b) His father is killed.
(c) His mother dies.
(d) His sister dies.
3. What do both Ali and Fusena have during their initial six years of friendship?
(a) An agreement to be faithful to each other.
(b) Multiple affairs.
(c) An agreement to marry someday.
(d) An understanding that they will not ever marry.
4. Why does Opokuya say Esi is brave?
(a) For divorcing in the first place.
(b) For defying her mother.
(c) For not running back to Oko.
(d) For trying an alternative lifestyle.
5. About what does Esi laugh concerning the African male?
(a) His insolence.
(b) His demands for propriety.
(c) His insecurity.
(d) His jealousy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ali not want to do while courting Esi?
2. What was a major reason Oko was first attracted to Esi?
3. How long is Ali away from home before he returns?
4. How does Kubi thing Opokuya should get to her clients?
5. Who is Kubi?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)