|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Chapter 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Fusena agree before Ali leaves Ghana?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To wait for his return and not marry someone else.
(c) To go with him.
(d) To write him every week.
2. How does Ali feel about his father?
(a) Ali never met him.
(b) Ali is afraid of him.
(c) Ali thinks he is too old fashioned.
(d) Ali loves him.
3. What does Fusena not remember after having been away for two years?
(a) The social rigidity of Ghana.
(b) How it feels to not be pregnant or nursing.
(c) How it feels to teach.
(d) The way women are second class in Ghana.
4. Upon what do Esi and Opokuya agree?
(a) That Kubi is easier to take than Oko.
(b) That Ali Kondey is handsome.
(c) That Esi would do well to stay away from Ali Kondey.
(d) That men are good most of the time.
5. What does Esi do that surprises Oko's mother?
(a) Sends her a note apologizing.
(b) Let Ogyaanowa to continue to live with Oko's mother.
(c) Sends her flowers.
(d) Does not let Ogyaanowa see Oko's mother anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of woman does Ali prefer to date?
2. Where is Esi driving at the opening of the novel?
3. What happens on the drive when Opokuya loses use of the car?
4. What happens when Musa Musa is twelve?
5. What does Fusena start feeling upset in her marriage?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)