|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Chapter 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fusena not remember after having been away for two years?
(a) The social rigidity of Ghana.
(b) How it feels to teach.
(c) The way women are second class in Ghana.
(d) How it feels to not be pregnant or nursing.
2. What do Ali and Fusena insist upon before Ali leaves Ghana?
(a) That Ali find a second wife before he leaves Ghana.
(b) That Fusena join Ali within a couple months.
(c) That Fusena is pregnant.
(d) That Ali accept a dowry to keep the arrangement.
3. What did Opokuya decide early on in her marriage?
(a) To do what she wanted.
(b) To let her husband rule the family.
(c) To assume her husband would have affairs and that was okay.
(d) To trust her husband.
4. Who do the two women think the best husband is?
(a) Their own, though they have faults.
(b) The one someone else is living with.
(d) A mutual friend of theirs from high school.
5. What visit did Opokuya make that is successful?
(a) To her mother's.
(b) To Connie.
(d) To the patient expecting to deliver that evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Esi driving at the opening of the novel?
2. What does Esi end up doing when the secretary is away?
3. Who is Kubi?
4. What does Esi decide to do while waiting for her friend to arrive?
5. What has Ali always trained himself not to do?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)